• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Just read this, but I agree. They would still be random as well, so I can't think of a way that they could be exploited.
i'm sure d3 community would find a way though

Lord of Bells at least needs to have a unique legendary dropped from him.

It'll be another Rift it Forward benefits.

Foaloal

I think uniquely dropped items are a bad thing. I don't want to be forced into a certain type of gameplay because I need to hunt a specific item (RoRG).

On the one hand it's cool to supposedly have control over what items you're farming for, but when it's implemented the way it is with act specific cache legendaries it goes from being a situation where you have control to one where you don't.

Just my thoughts. Time to go back to playing cache craze.

Radec

I've been watching Avoid's stream running in T6 for awhile and goddamn. The witch doctors in his party are destroying everything in secs. Even the RG only last under 5 secs.

I don't think any class with end game gear can go near that damage.

Discobird

This troll ass game. Went through story mode on my new DH because he's never been so I can get some reaper's wraps. Got the mats and farmed for ascended bracers for a couple hours, create my wraps and get:

15 Physical %
427 Vitality
1903 life per sec
5% crit

99% of the items in this game might as well have a middle finger icon.

I guess on the bright side, I can at least try to farm some more.

reroll the life regen to dex and you have an OK (not amazing) Reaper's Wraps for physical builds

you shouldn't really expect to get 3 out of 4 desired primaries on the first roll. It'll take a few to get something good

DoctorStrum

Neo Member
Do you guys have any tips for my barb, both in terms of my build and gear? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hippetihop-2159/hero/21204031

I just got the magefists and I have a pretty shitty RoRG and some Lut Socks in my stash. But the Lut Socks dont seem good without the Earth Set, which I have 0 pieces of. I have recipes for Cain, Born, Sages and some shitty sets.

I can do T2 okay, however my survivability is somewhat low. I'm thinking of trying for a Andariels Visage and a new amulet as my next goals.

ElyrionX

So I just got Rhen'ho Flayer http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/rhenho-flayer

The unique ability is "Plague of Toads now seek out enemies and can explode twice."

Is this a worthwhile ability/weapon? I'm currently a fire WD but I've been using firebombs at the moment, wondering if I should equip this weapon and change to fire toads...

I don't want to be mean or anything but posts like these are just ridiculous. Wouldn't it be far easier to equip the weapon and try it out yourself? That's the beauty of D3. There is virtually zero cost to experimenting with items and builds.

eek5

I don't want to be mean or anything but posts like these are just ridiculous. Wouldn't it be far easier to equip the weapon and try it out yourself? That's the beauty of D3. There is virtually zero cost to experimenting with items and builds.

Haha my friend does this to me all the time. Hey, I got 4 pieces of Zuni. Is this better than my current build even if I have to drop MoJ?

I DON'T KNOW MAN I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE ITEMS HOW SHOULD I KNOW. YOU HAVE THE ITEMS JUST TRY IT YOURSELF. FUCK.

This troll ass game. Went through story mode on my new DH because he's never been so I can get some reaper's wraps. Got the mats and farmed for ascended bracers for a couple hours, create my wraps and get:

15 Physical %
427 Vitality
1903 life per sec
5% crit

99% of the items in this game might as well have a middle finger icon.

I guess on the bright side, I can at least try to farm some more.

Better start faming those blue dusts. I've crafted about 25 dex bracers and none of them had lightning res on them. About 8-9 didn't have a main stat. 5 of them rolled poison% (lol) and ~5 were borderline usable with a reroll.

tn2007

Guys, Zoo Build DH is nasty and I don't even have all the BIS equipment yet!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WeaponX-1954/hero/47030495
tFctl0x.jpg

desverger

Yeah, aiming for that myself - only missing Tasker and one piece of Marauder and I'll be there!

On that note, something ridiculous happened last night. I was gambling for Tasker from Kadala and she gave a decent Magefist to me (rolled with CHD). I said in clan chat that "I guess I should gamble for a Cindercoat now and go all out fire, eh?" - and lo and behold, 40 shards later I had one.

Blizzard monitoring chats confirmed?

After that I managed a ridiculous +88% CHD roll to my +fire amulet, so I went from +0% fire damage to +75% in one day. Guess I'll run this build till I get my my 3rd Marauder piece and can go with the zoo build :p

Grampasso

*sigggggggggggggggh*

RwPovvt.png

It looks incredibly similar to my TWO RoRG -_-

Speaking of which, as a CA DH which items should I sacrifice and which sets should I craft/obtain to get the best out of it?
This is my current equip:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2866/hero/102681
Sacrificing Unity to craft torso and shoulders/bracers for the aughild's set may be tempting, but considering my dmg received is halved (I've got another Unity on my Scoundrel with the "immortal" leg) when all is said and done I'm not sure going for it would be a wise choice. Any suggestions from fellow DHs?

I don't want to be mean or anything but posts like this are just ridiculous. Wouldn't it be far easier to get a quick response on a forum about the usefulness of a weapon before spending millions of gold and tons of resources trying to get a socket to see how it stands against my current equips?

Vade

I don't want to be mean or anything but posts like this are just ridiculous. Wouldn't it be far easier to get a quick response on a forum about the usefulness of a weapon before spending millions of gold and tons of resources trying to get a socket to see how it stands against my current equips?

Would it not be easier to just use a spreadsheet so you get your answer and get an even quicker accurate response than a forum?

MrDaravon

Wow, so this just dropped for my Wiz who was still using a rare glove, never seen one of these drop as a trifecta:

a3rixaX.jpg

Better yet, FIRST ROLL:

d1690EL.jpg

brb buying lottery tickets

Mumei

I was quite excited when I saw I'd picked up a Sun Keeper on Sunday.

... And then it had + Strength (and I'm a WD)
... And no socket.

:(

It does have a perfect roll on the + to elite damage, so I guess I'm keeping it for when I do a Barb or maybe let my Crusader use it. I don't know. :(

I still don't have my Tasker and Theo, but I'm only ~2500 shards into it so I'm not too fussed about it yet. I've also been trying to improve my Jade Harvester's Mercy, trying to get the glove to at least the +40% Critical Damage, but I've been having awful luck with it.

Oh well. I'm going to have to wait for a lot more money, I guess.

Edit: ... And right after I finish complaining about my awful luck with these gloves, I look up and see that.

;_;

Grampasso

Wow, so this just dropped for my Wiz who was still using a rare glove, never seen one of these drop as a trifecta:

a3rixaX.jpg

Better yet, FIRST ROLL:

d1690EL.jpg

brb buying lottery tickets
Grats! On a side note I think that 1% extra CHC would have given you a major improvement than roughly 100int, INT and DEX as main stats should work in a similar way and on my DH 100dex compared to 1% CHC gives me 4/5th the dps increase (20k against 25k)

MrDaravon

Grats! On a side note I think that 1% extra CHC would have given you a major improvement than roughly 100int, INT and DEX as main stats should work in a similar way and on my DH 100dex compared to 1% CHC gives me 4/5th the dps increase (20k against 25k)

I thought about that, but I'm fairly low on resources (gold/souls) and this isn't going to be an end-game glove anyway one way or the other, so just went for the easy option in terms of rolls.

Boogdud

reroll the life regen to dex and you have an OK (not amazing) Reaper's Wraps for physical builds

you shouldn't really expect to get 3 out of 4 desired primaries on the first roll. It'll take a few to get something good

Oh, no, I don't expect to get a 3 out of 4. Though, one would be nice... At very least, the class's primary stat should be guaranteed on a crafted item.

On another note. I have to ask this, because I know we've all thought about it at one point or another, and I know it's tin-foil material. But does anyone not think that blizzard can adjust drop rates 'behind the scenes'? As in, no need for a server restart/maintenance? I find it very very hard to believe blizzard has not done something to guardian leg drop rates in addition to the already nerfed cache drop rates for legs with RiF being so popular. Compared to ~4 weeks ago, the rates for leg drops (including souls) has gone straight into the toilet for every player I know personally.

I would not put it beyond them to 'fix' this in the background (or during one of the maintenance days over the past few weeks) and not make it public. At very least as a temporary measure until they evaluate the process further.

Celegus

Not the best rolls around, but happy I finally got my Tasker & Theo to Int + Trifecta on WD, who is gearing up quite nicely. Can't find a weapon/mojo to save my life though.

My strength Tasker & Theo is pretty fun too, got a bunch of CDR on my barb so that I can keep Call of the Ancients running 90% of the time.

Compared to ~4 weeks ago, the rates for leg drops (including souls) has gone straight into the toilet for every player I know personally.

I've been getting a decent amount lately, I used to never get anything. Anectotal of course, but I don't feel it's been lowered at all. RoRG is still impossible though.

Would it not be easier to just use a spreadsheet so you get your answer and get an even quicker accurate response than a forum?

I mean really?

Can someone please explain to me the grave sin I've committed by asking if a weapon is good on this forum?

garath

Weapons aren't usually zero cost experiments though. You usually have to reroll for a socket. Then you have to either desocket your emerald from your current weapon and add it to the new or use a spare emerald which might skew the results if it's not as good of an emerald.

Especially when we're looking at unique effects, sometimes they don't behave as advertised. It's perfectly fine to ask if people are putting that weapon and it's unique effect to good use.

The rerolls are the killer. I see nice weapons drop and think "wow, this could work" and spend millions and multitudes of souls rerolling and socketing only to find out the weapon isn't as good as what I had. Feels bad.

edit:

Really? Asking about a weapon you've never seen on an active D3 thread on a forum vs digging up and plunking numbers into a spreadsheet? Also, what spreadsheet calculates - "Plague of Toads now seek out enemies and can explode twice."?

Celegus

The rerolls are the killer. I see nice weapons drop and think "wow, this could work" and spend millions and multitudes of souls rerolling and socketing only to find out the weapon isn't as good as what I had. Feels bad.

That's the worst. I'm not sure if my 26% elite 2100dps socketed Sun Keeper is good enough for my wizard, or if I should try crafting some Devastators for the fire damage. And that's not even an example with crazy weapon procs, some of which sound awesome but end up sucking in practice (but once you find that out, it's a little late sometimes).

I have no problem with people asking questions like that, if someone does that's their own problem.

ferr

I recently switched out Night Stalker for Steady Aim and haven't looked back. With Zoo I'm able to keep up SA's buff very easily. Getting 140m cluster arrow crits thanks to SA, Harrington, and probably after a wolf howl.

If only I could get nat helm, mara pants and a trifecta magefist. 2 magefists from kadala yesterday, I wonder what the odds are on it spawning CD/CC.

ElyrionX

My point is that it's not fucking rocket science to right click an item into your weapon slot and pop into a randon dungeon to try it out especially when that weapon has such a unique and interesting effect. The damage numbers may not be as high because of the lack of socket but it's not hard to get sense of the strength of the leg affix just by using it in combat. Not everything in this game is about min-maxing and the fact that you use Firebombs shows that you're clearly not that concerned about min-maxing in the first place.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. No need for an overreaction. You can post whatever the hell you want but I'd rather be in-game and trying out sweet new weapons than posting questions about them before even trying them out for myself. Maybe that's why I enjoy playing D3 so much.

garath

My point is that it's not fucking rocket science to right click an item into your weapon slot and pop into a randon dungeon to try it out especially when that weapon has such a unique and interesting effect. The damage numbers may not be as high because of the lack of socket but it's not hard to get sense of the strength of the leg affix just by using it in combat. Not everything in this game is about min-maxing and the fact that you use Firebombs shows that you're clearly not that concerned about min-maxing in the first place.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. No need for an overreaction. You can post whatever the hell you want but I'd rather be in-game and trying out sweet new weapons than posting questions about them before even trying them out for myself. Maybe that's why I enjoy playing D3 so much.

I hear you. I wasn't trying to single you out other than the zero cost thing. It just seemed like everyone jumped on the guy for asking how effective a vague affix is. Wasn't just you.

Frankly, it's just a game and I have no issues throwing down resources trying out new stuff. It's one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. Not being locked into a particular build was one of the best parts of D3.

heh

Boogdud

D3 Ultimate Evil edition (console) article from Gamespot link

"New in the Ultimate Evil Edition is an Apprentice mode that boosts the power of low-level players so they can play co-op alongside their high-level buddies, and a new in-game mail system that allows you to share loot with those on your friends list."

Ohhhhhh shit. Incoming official forum implosion.

Not sure what would stop them from doing this with something like real-id friends on the pc...

ElyrionX

I hear you. I wasn't trying to single you out other than the zero cost thing. It just seemed like everyone jumped on the guy for asking how effective a vague affix is. Wasn't just you.

Frankly, it's just a game and I have no issues throwing down resources trying out new stuff. It's one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. Not being locked into a particular build was one of the best parts of D3.

Yep. I've dumped plenty of resources into trying out new items myself. It truly is one of the best parts of D3 and it saddens me to see that many people still think that D2 had a superior system due to the incredibly flawed belief that powerleveling a new character equates to you "building" the character and "owning" the build. I don't think the D3 devs got anywhere close to enough credit for the amazing skill system they've put in place. It's truly revolutionary for the ARPG genre and brings the whole genre one step forward.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

"New in the Ultimate Evil Edition is an Apprentice mode that boosts the power of low-level players so they can play co-op alongside their high-level buddies, and a new in-game mail system that allows you to share loot with those on your friends list."

Not sure what would stop them from doing this with something like real-id friends on the pc...

They can be more lenient with loot distribution on consoles since it's so easy for people to hack/copy their own gear there anyway. Trying to add trade restrictions to enforce integrity there would be pointless.

Edit: aha, Yoshichan's back

ferr

There was an article about this a while ago. Something about sometimes legs can drop that are "gift wrapped" and you can send them to your friends? Something weird like that for console edition.

There was an article about this a while ago. Something about sometimes legs can drop that are "gift wrapped" and you can send them to your friends? Something weird like that for console edition.

Yeah it was about gifts that drop (and they dropped for a specific friend too you couldn't choose) but they didn't really elaborate

Still, diablo needs trading so badly it's not even funny

They really need to add a proper trading system to the PC version. Limit to Real ID friends only, put a cap on the amount of trading friends you can have active at anyone time, anything! It is so fucking annoying getting drops my friend could use for his Barb when I am playing solo or with randoms and I have no use for them but I could trade to him the following day when we have a chance to play at the same time.

The RMAH is gone, stop gimping the game with its legacy. So much shit done by Blizzard seems to address the 1% while the 99% of players who were never exploiting anything have to suffer.

They really need to add a proper trading system to the PC version.

Everything is designed to discourage botting\selling.

There have been so many suggestions for decent trading. Something tells me Blizzard will never take them into consideration though. One of the best ones I heard is:

Items have a 7-day window to be traded
Items can only be traded to people that have been on your friends list\clan for 7 days.

It would still suck to not be able to trade something after that 7 days has expired, but it would be an improvement over what we have. What kills me is every time I get a 2-missile mirrorball and I can't give it to anyone in the clan that needs it. I've found 3 in the last 2 days... ugh.

eek5

Really? Asking about a weapon you've never seen on an active D3 thread on a forum vs digging up and plunking numbers into a spreadsheet? Also, what spreadsheet calculates - "Plague of Toads now seek out enemies and can explode twice."?

I think that's the point people are trying to make. You can't quantify these effects, really, with a spreadsheet so you'd have to have someone running firebomb that also has a flayer which is a pretty rare weapon. On top of that he only posted that he got a flayer with a link to d3 website. No info about his current gear, how his flayer rolled, etc. How are we supposed to help him?

Even without a socket, without gems, you can get a good idea of what rain of toads does with and without a flayer and make a decision yourself. But if the original question is basically "is firebats better with my current weapon or should I switch to flayer w/ plague of toads" with no additional information, how the hell should we know!?

---

Anyway, I have this flayer:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

and yes PoT is good as long as you have the gear to back it up. Straight firebats/vampire bats is better for solo though but in a group fire/poison is decent (especially with addling toads). I couldn't tell him whether or not he should use it without seeing his gear or the weapon roll though because the weapon could be garbage. I mean I'm using the flayer just for its base stats right now so another leg could be much better if it rolled the right way.

Skunkers

Damn, i was trying to keep a lookout for the posts about the clan purge, but I apparently missed them and got cut from the GAF Clan. Son of a bitch.

150 is such a silly limit. Up that shit to 300. Let's just go flood the D3 forums en mass. We'll fill up a thread about it rather quickly :p

Then we can implement "Mass ID Monday."

barrok

Neo Member
Oh, no, I don't expect to get a 3 out of 4. Though, one would be nice... At very least, the class's primary stat should be guaranteed on a crafted item.

On another note. I have to ask this, because I know we've all thought about it at one point or another, and I know it's tin-foil material. But does anyone not think that blizzard can adjust drop rates 'behind the scenes'? As in, no need for a server restart/maintenance? I find it very very hard to believe blizzard has not done something to guardian leg drop rates in addition to the already nerfed cache drop rates for legs with RiF being so popular. Compared to ~4 weeks ago, the rates for leg drops (including souls) has gone straight into the toilet for every player I know personally.

I would not put it beyond them to 'fix' this in the background (or during one of the maintenance days over the past few weeks) and not make it public. At very least as a temporary measure until they evaluate the process further.

While I would hope blizzard isn't changing rates behind the scenes (they seem to post there changes in the hotfix thread, but I guess there is nothing stopping them from making changes and not posting updates) I have noticed a substantial increase in forgotten souls from Guardians. I pretty much never gets legs off of them but I get souls almost every time.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WeaponX-1954/hero/47030495
tFctl0x.jpg

Do I swap out my cindercoat for the garwolf cloak? I'm sill using a magefist and CA. No tasker yet.

Are their variations within this build? I'm assuming you're stacking physical. (I can't see details on my iPhone)

I recently switched out Night Stalker for Steady Aim and haven't looked back. With Zoo I'm able to keep up SA's buff very easily. Getting 140m cluster arrow crits thanks to SA, Harrington, and probably after a wolf howl.

If only I could get nat helm, mara pants and a trifecta magefist. 2 magefists from kadala yesterday, I wonder what the odds are on it spawning CD/CC.

You're running a mix of fire CA and pets?

I think that's the point people are trying to make. You can't quantify these effects, really, with a spreadsheet so you'd have to have someone running firebomb that also has a flayer which is a pretty rare weapon. On top of that he only posted that he got a flayer with a link to d3 website. No info about his current gear, how his flayer rolled, etc. How are we supposed to help him?

Even without a socket, without gems, you can get a good idea of what rain of toads does with and without a flayer and make a decision yourself. But if the original question is basically "is firebats better with my current weapon or should I switch to flayer w/ plague of toads" with no additional information, how the hell should we know!?

---

Anyway, I have this flayer:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

and yes PoT is good as long as you have the gear to back it up. Straight firebats/vampire bats is better for solo though but in a group fire/poison is decent (especially with addling toads). I couldn't tell him whether or not he should use it without seeing his gear or the weapon roll though because the weapon could be garbage. I mean I'm using the flayer just for its base stats right now so another leg could be much better if it rolled the right way.

It was literally a simple, quick question of "oh hey, is this legendary known to be worthwhile for a Witch Doctor?" that I posted before going to bed. I didn't sit and stew intensely over providing all relevant information as well as ensuring that my question was up to the standards and regulations of the official Diablo 3 thread of critical analysis. I expected someone to go, "naa, its pretty shitty" or "oh man! Its actually great if you use X passive or get Y other legendary!"

Didn't expect such an event out of asking if a damn item is good or not...

For the record, here is my WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/robotzombie-1891/hero/37336276

I know I'm currently inefficient and need better equips, and could definitely adjust my skills and had asked previously and gotten some good advice. But at the moment all I wanted to know was if a certain legendary was known to be good or not and I got someone calling my question ridiculous and people telling me to start putting together spreadsheets to calculate stuff..

Everything is designed to discourage botting\selling.

There have been so many suggestions for decent trading. Something tells me Blizzard will never take them into consideration though. One of the best ones I heard is:

Items have a 7-day window to be traded
Items can only be traded to people that have been on your friends list\clan for 7 days.

It would still suck to not be able to trade something after that 7 days has expired, but it would be an improvement over what we have. What kills me is every time I get a 2-missile mirrorball and I can't give it to anyone in the clan that needs it. I've found 3 in the last 2 days... ugh.

Why not just make traded items unsellable/salvageable? Again, this is so fucking dumb that people using bots get to dictate the entire play-ability of a game. I think it would be pretty easy to make a trading system that rewards players who play with a group of friends but doesn't open up the flood gates for botter/exploiters. Blizzard just doesn't give a fuck.

Why not just make traded items unsellable/salvageable? Again, this is so fucking dumb that people using bots get to dictate the entire play-ability of a game. I think it would be pretty easy to make a trading system that rewards players who play with a group of friends but doesn't open up the flood gates for botter/exploiters. Blizzard just doesn't give a fuck.

I don't think selling\salvaging the items is an issue :p

By selling, I mean for real money. Botters would run rampant, collecting all their rare items and selling them via their websites and whatnot. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind having these botters add them as a friend and waiting a few days in order to buy that Calamity they've been dying to get.

I think that's why a trading window that matches the amount of time you need to be friends with someone to trade works. That way you can't get an item and then add someone to sell to them. They'd already have to be there. Though I suppose people could set up "botting clans" and sell invites. There will always be ways to exploit any kind of trading system for money... sadly.

ferr

Do I swap out my cindercoat for the garwolf cloak? I'm sill using a magefist and CA. No tasker yet.

Are their variations within this build? I'm assuming you're stacking physical. (I can't see details on my iPhone)

You're running a mix of fire CA and pets?

Yeah, it's pretty cookie cutter if you go by what's on the forums. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 Plan to keep vit on my inevitable magefist swap so I can get my hp up to something closer to 350k.. my mara boots rolled no hp so that's lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom