• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I can confirm this. My WD friend was using kill for transmog and I noticed it so I was like "wtf are you using that for?" He tells me it's for transmog then about 5 seconds later I just hear "fuck!" and he proceeds to link an un-ID'd Kill that just dropped.

He changed his transmog after the run and we never talked about Kill again.

The best part is that this wasn't even in in-game secret Blizzard monitoring games. We said this in Mumble for both occasions.

blizzard wiretapping our comms

MrDaravon

What's a good poverty Wizard build if you don't really have any elemental % gear? I've got a decent Shard of Hate, Chantodo's source and String of Ears and all my other slots are pretty much garbage. I found a Moonlight Ward that's okay with like 23% Arcane, 740 Int (was originally a Vit roll...), 7% IAS and 8.5% CC and a pretty low proc damage roll (243%). I can keep trying to re-roll the Int to CHD which would be better on paper, but right now I take a pretty big dps and toughness hit equipping it which I don't know is worth it without any Arcane skills.

I rolled into RoS doing the Electrocute + Frozen Orb build, but that didn't seem to be doing much for me. Scy (who is a champ as always, thanks for the carries today!) suggested Shock Pulse + lightning Wave of Force, in part because of the high proc rate on Shock Pulse for my SoH. This seems to be going much better, but it seems like looking around online there's a bunch of different Wizard builds which is great, but it seems like you need to gear in different directions for them. Should I just stick with that until I can find some better stuff? Don't want to invest a bunch of rolls on the Moonlight Ward either if I wind up not going Arcane for whatever reason depending on what I find.

And yes I am gambling for Mirrorballs, since that is apparently what every Wizard does.

FaidSint

What changes can I make to upgrade to be able to speed farm Torment 1 on my monk. My stats seem decent but it's still a slow DPS roll through mobs in T1. Maybe I should change up my skills (I went for all lightning since I have a 14% lightning bonus on bracers).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FaidSint-1586/hero/3019287

So how do I make my monk more powerful the fastest?

Reroll certain item props? (If so which ones?)
Grind for new gear in Normal? (Are normal rifts good for this?)
Change my skills?

Ps: how quickly can I find secondary gear for a tempest rush build? Can I just buy from merchants and reroll for affixes?

Thanks everyone for your help and I loved doing runs with the clan last night you guys are the absolute best.

ZenaxPure

The best part is that this wasn't even in in-game secret Blizzard monitoring games. We said this in Mumble for both occasions.

blizzard wiretapping our comms

Yeah we were on vent when it happened to us. Clearly Blizzard is listening everywhere always.

scy

What's a good poverty Wizard build if you don't really have any elemental % gear? I've got a decent Shard of Hate, Chantodo's source and String of Ears and all my other slots are pretty much garbage. I found a Moonlight Ward that's okay with like 23% Arcane, 740 Int (was originally a Vit roll...), 7% IAS and 8.5% CC and a pretty low proc damage roll (243%). I can keep trying to re-roll the Int to CHD which would be better on paper, but right now I take a pretty big dps and toughness hit equipping it which I don't know is worth it without any Arcane skills.

#WizardDay

Since I have more time to put it out there, Shock Pulse + Piercing Orb should be fine since it also has a high coefficient if I recall (~77% vs ~93% for unruned). Spender can just be generic Wave of Force for trash. This should be fine for low Torment farming until you start getting actual specific pieces of gear (aka, Mirrorball where are you) or Elemental stuff to push you a certain direction. Wizard has a fairly low gear floor in general so you should be fine like this for early Torments.

I'd say you're best set just crafting Aughild Bracers + Shoulders and Cain Pants + Boots when you can afford to and just go that route until you acquire specific gear. Plus, sticking with us on Wizard Days! :x

Yeah we were on vent when it happened to us. Clearly Blizzard is listening everywhere always.

#tinfoil

THEY'RE ONTO US.

Shifty76

What changes can I make to upgrade to be able to speed farm Torment 1 on my monk. My stats seem decent but it's still a slow DPS roll through mobs in T1. Maybe I should change up my skills (I went for all lightning since I have a 14% lightning bonus on bracers).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FaidSint-1586/hero/3019287

So how do I make my monk more powerful the fastest?

Reroll certain item props? (If so which ones?)
Grind for new gear in Normal? (Are normal rifts good for this?)
Change my skills?

Ps: how quickly can I find secondary gear for a tempest rush build? Can I just buy from merchants and reroll for affixes?

Thanks everyone for your help and I loved doing runs with the clan last night you guys are the absolute best.

What set plans do you have, if any?

Those weapons are pretty bad. Even yellow crafted ones would likely be upgrades. Weapons both need dex and sockets. Ideally over 2k dps too.

Looks like you have minimal crit chance which is by far your biggest dps boost.

For gear maybe take a read through this for a general idea of what to look for in each slot: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

As for skills...yeah, not particularly optimal either. Try these cookie cutter spec ones:

Whatever mantra you need
SW: Blade storm until you get over 30% cc then go cyclone
Dashing strike (any rune works)
LTK:SS
Cyclone Strike (reduced cost)
WotHF:FoF

Passives:
OWE
StI
Transcendence
Mythic Rhythm / combo strike

MrDaravon

#WizardDay

Since I have more time to put it out there, Shock Pulse + Piercing Orb should be fine since it also has a high coefficient if I recall (~77% vs ~93% for unruned). Spender can just be generic Wave of Force for trash. This should be fine for low Torment farming until you start getting actual specific pieces of gear (aka, Mirrorball where are you) or Elemental stuff to push you a certain direction. Wizard has a fairly low gear floor in general so you should be fine like this for early Torments.

I'd say you're best set just crafting Aughild Bracers + Shoulders and Cain Pants + Boots when you can afford to and just go that route until you acquire specific gear. Plus, sticking with us on Wizard Days! :x

#WizardDay

Thanks for the suggestions. On T1 I do fine (self buffed at around 1.2 mil dps and 10 mil toughness), but in group play or higher torments I feel pretty useless honestly. I'm already out of aughild mats since I was trying to craft those for my monk (and they all rolled shit), I might have some Cain mats though, I'll take a look. I'll probably stick either with normal split farming or T1 bounties or something and try to gear up a bit. At this point I'll probably just try to get all of my classes into some kind of decent shape prior to ladders.

FaidSint

What set plans do you have, if any?

Those weapons are pretty bad. Even yellow crafted ones would likely be upgrades. Weapons both need dex and sockets. Ideally over 2k dps too.

Looks like you have minimal crit chance which is by far your biggest dps boost.

For gear maybe take a read through this for a general idea of what to look for in each slot: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

As for skills...yeah, not particularly optimal either. Try these cookie cutter spec ones:

Whatever mantra you need
SW: Blade storm until you get over 30% cc then go cyclone
Dashing strike (any rune works)
LTK:SS
Cyclone Strike (reduced cost)
WotHF:FoF

Passives:
OWE
StI
Transcendence
Mythic Rhythm / combo strike

Thanks, great info.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I will be online for a bit in case anyone needs an invitation to the clan.

Granadier#1345 or reach me in community chat.

I laughed
"Playing Diablo with someone way better than me"

UuedhQX.gif

So I just got a quezocotyl (sp?) for my witch doctor (int, vit, 7% attack speed, 5.5 crit chance)

I never really used haunt or locust swarm, is this unique powerful enough to make me want to add those skills? If so, anyone got a full s skill and passive suggestion?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Do % cooldown paragon and affixes get applied before Boon of Bul Kathos, or after?

Baliis

So I just got a quezocotyl (sp?) for my witch doctor (int, vit, 7% attack speed, 5.5 crit chance)

I never really used haunt or locust swarm, is this unique powerful enough to make me want to add those skills? If so, anyone got a full s skill and passive suggestion?

No idea how good it is with the helm, but it's OP as fuck with the Jade Harvester set.

8 days since finding anything I need for my DH is starting to take its toll. I know I should just play an alt for a while but I don't want to give up. Sigh.

FaidSint

Is this any good? My highest Strength character is a level 31 barbarian but I'll probably be leveling a crusader soon. Worth hanging on to?

DWfZZvS.png

tn2007

After 3 days of crap legendary items, today I got some good stuff.
ee6eab246064b3b43293393bda857586.png

9bd4c437e6d6864b3e4dac6ce65026bf.png

d861e8b753f771550f3cfa1486e90996.png

Now I need some forgotten souls to upgrade these weapons.

MrDaravon

Super jelly of that Nat Slayer (already have a Krider). I'm not entirely sure what you're doing with the Hellrack exactly, unless they crazy buffed that proc or something.

Also #WizardDay was of moderate success; got my Wiz from mostly fresh 70 trash to having some okay gear, and being able to solo T2 fine. Still fucking hate hopping into T4 games and doing jack shit damage though lol. Not sure if I'll stick with her tomorrow or not, might just do a full day of hardcore bounties for frags with my DH or something.

Mumei

r20oVA9.png

jY94EqH.png

itijgay.png

I found the first two in one rift tonight, and the other last week.

I'm currently focusing on making a Pet Doctor, but I'm obviously looking forward to making a DOT WD, too! I sort of wish the gloves had rolled with IAS as Vitality instead just since the Jade Harvester set doesn't really benefit from IAS, but I guess those gloves are pretty fantastic, so I won't complain too much.

cdyhybrid

Remaking games over and over until I get bounties for Devastator mats is killing my brain.

Also, going this long without an upgrade is causing me to get tired of my Barb. Only have the gear to farm T1 efficiently but I apparently have to win 2 lotteries to even get an upgrade.

Which class has the most variety when it comes to T6-viable builds (both ability- and item-wise)? I realize all classes depend on drops to some extent, but some don't necessarily have to shoot for one specific setup of items to be able to do T6, instead being able to choose from multiple item setups depending on what drops they get.

dengatron

Remaking games over and over until I get bounties for Devastator mats is killing my brain.

Also, going this long without an upgrade is causing me to get tired of my Barb. Only have the gear to farm T1 efficiently but I apparently have to win 2 lotteries to even get an upgrade.

Which class has the most variety when it comes to T6-viable builds (both ability- and item-wise)? I realize all classes depend on drops to some extent, but some don't necessarily have to shoot for one specific setup of items to be able to do T6, instead being able to choose from multiple item setups depending on what drops they get.

some classes have 2-3 viable gear builds, while others have 1 or none. a lot of it also revolves around party or no party. farming t6 in 10 minute boss clears is tough for most solo builds in general because the t6 health/damage increases are like doing t4 4player rifts, while you're the only one doing damage. it's a lot of extra healths to clear through with out cross class buffs and synergy. the easiest class to get t6 ready is probably barb with 3-4 super viable gear and build paths, and then witch doctor. for group play all classes are viable but the only optimal builds for monks and demon hunters shoe horn them into very specific playstyles and gear choices.

got 3 more pieces of jade harvester today. hopefully soon i can get those pesky chest and legs, and optimally shoulders, so i don't have to use the helm instead of quetzalcoatl, but, beggers can't be choosers, and i'll take whatever completes the set.

cdyhybrid

leapquake, raekor hota, perma cota, and the super elusive permacota/leap mix for the truly blessed. every class set for barbs is viable and extremely awesome, imo

Word. How high in Torments could I go without one of those sets? Assuming I had a Cindercoat, Magefist, Andariel's, etc. T4 I'm guessing?

dengatron

Word. How high in Torments could I go without one of those sets? Assuming I had a Cindercoat, Magefist, Andariel's, etc. T4 I'm guessing?

yeah a well geared player of most classes waiting for sets is best off farming for sets in t4 just for the efficiency. t4 group runs are the best for gearing for higher torments after getting your gear situated to being able to smash through t1-2 in 6-7 minute rift boss runs.

Is there a particular class that's better to use for getting a witching hour similar to Monk instead of DH for a cinder coat. I read a lot of wizards seem to get them, though it would have to roll well enough that I can use the re roll on the main stat.

LOL! I am running out of Marquize Topaz gems from rolling this bloody RoRG so much.

LOL! I am running out of Marquize Topaz gems from rolling this bloody RoRG so much.
There is something about RoRG that makes it require dozens of rolls to get something not completely worthless. I've re-rolled dozens of items and nothing has given me as big as a problem as RoRG. I've heard the same from many other players too.

Azulsky

There is something about RoRG that makes it require dozens of rolls to get something not completely worthless. I've re-rolled dozens of items and nothing has given me as big as a problem as RoRG. I've heard the same from many other players too.

All of my RROG's have been easy to roll

Amulets are my Kryptonite tho

I think letting Set items drop in Bounty Bags is Blizzards way of nerfing the RROG drop rate, which means I really need to get a STR one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How does elemental damage on weapons works? Is that something that happens everytime you attack? I'm wondering how good is Elemental Exposure for my Wizard if all I use is Fire spells, but my weapon has Lightning damage.

DEO3

Finally got the last peice I needed for full Vyr's set. It's quite OP, in the best way possible.

I have 206 Paragon levels - all from RoS. I've never seen a piece of Vyr or Tal drop. Can't say I'm too bummed though, Archon isn't really my thing, and I hear the Tal metors spend most of their time destroying barrels and shit. Really I'd just like a solid weapon upgrade, I have a Burning Axe with no main stat, and I've crafted 20+ Devastators at this point hoping for one with both a socket and a main stat, so I can reroll the damage. But I'd give anything for a Thunderfury, Serpent's Sparker, or Wand of WoH.

Shifty76

How does elemental damage on weapons works? Is that something that happens everytime you attack? I'm wondering how good is Elemental Exposure for my Wizard if all I use is Fire spells, but my weapon has Lightning damage.
Makes zero difference, except for crusader who gets a bonus if using holy dmg with one of their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom