• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

You could run Blessed Shield without foote if you had 6pc akkhan and some wrath regeneration. You can even throw in something like Pride's Fall. The damage would be better, though harder to get the stats you want.

But again it's 6pc.

RS4-

iWiqe72na2SIE.jpg

Hahah. Hopefully they don't fix GNK unless it is a bigger buff than the current...bug? Where it procs twice

Now I need an Odyn Son or something.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That reminds me of the guy that was talking about needing a TF, and then it dropped for him right after.

Beautiful.

Celegus

So right now I am rocking a Fire Wiz build, and I do like it, but in the past week I've gotten a moonlight ward, fulminator, and thundergod's vigor. I feel like I should try a lightning build....does anyone have any suggestions? This is what I am currently rocking:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vossler-1343/hero/40620060

Is the Fulminator proc pretty decent? I found a pretty good strength one last night but haven't messed with it yet.. might be time to try out my barb again. Sorry I can't offer any tips, the site is blocked here at work.

scy

That reminds me of the guy that was talking about needing a TF, and then it dropped for him right after.

Beautiful.

Reminds me of last night.

"Like, what's the point of fucking Daggers? Fucking Kill is the best of them and it's awful."
Kill drops.

"It's like getting a Litany after all this time of no drops. Just a kick in the balls."
Litany drops.

good times guys

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ok, so just start talking in game chat about what drop you want to get.

Got it.

Hey guys, I just got the Focus ring to complete the Bastions of Will set. Is there any crazy builds I can use these for on my Wiz (my main)? I can't think of many spenders that I could use which would keep me at full resource... unless the Tal Rasha set meteors count? But then I'd lose my fire SoJ and RoRG.

I'd think it would work well with a DH's Kridershot (which I don't have) or a Crusader's Gyrefalcon's Foote + Jekangbord (which I also don't have).

xLe5PVM.png

NW0Pch8.png

ferr

Hey guys, I just got the Focus ring to complete the Bastions of Will set. Is there any crazy builds I can use these for on my Wiz (my main)? I can't think of many spenders that I could use which would keep me at full resource... unless the Tal Rasha set meteors count? But then I'd lose my fire SoJ and RoRG.

I'd think it would work well with a DH's Kridershot (which I don't have) or a Crusader's Gyrefalcon's Foote + Jekangbord (which I also don't have).

I was wondering if kridershot's frost arrows count as spenders with this set since they get modified into a generator. Seems too situational to me.. unless you can get a cheap spender which you lower the cost on so much that you can manage to stay close enough to 100% resource to keep the buff up.

Celegus

I was wondering if kridershot's frost arrows count as spenders with this set since they get modified into a generator. Seems too situational to me.. unless you can get a cheap spender which you lower the cost on so much that you can manage to stay close enough to 100% resource to keep the buff up.

Fire wizard with Mirrorball and some cooldown reduction using the 15 sec cooldown meteor would be incredible. Just spam missiles until meteor is back and melt everything!

Boogdud

I recently got a Jengaboard myself too and found the build boring as well - it's impressive to look at but killing a single target takes ages, so I went back to my Divine Well build, which makes the Crusader more fun in my opinion.

If you'd like a budget pet build for the DH, you could always go +phys and get a Cloak of the Garwulf from Kadala. Since rockets benefit from +phys as well, it makes sense to have them in a build as well, this is something I'm using myself: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#adPlSO!fSYh!cbZacY

Thanks for the tips guys, I may just try divine well again, it's been a while since I played it.

Totakeke, I'm still working on getting Akkhan's. Currently I only have 2 pieces, but I managed to get the chest 3 more times since then, all random drops. Ahh d3, you always know just what to give!

Dahbomb

Got my RRoG and it rolled amazing. Gotta reroll for that trifecta.

Never again will I farm for that stupid ass ring. NEVER AGAIN.

Barb with all my raekor stuff is at 13 mill toughness buffed and 800K+ damage buffed.

I'm hype.
God damn you have EVERYTHING!

Congrats though.

eek5

Monks are only good for utility. Unity and Mantra of Retribution; Transgression elevate a well-geared Wizard or DH to ludicrous heights, and Cyclone Strike is great for keeping enemies herded together. But don't try to bring one to a T5-T6 run and expect to be the star.

Monk really stops being the star around T3 unless you have end game gear then you can maybe be a star in T4 but after that you're a "utility" player.

What's the point in even playing at that point? A utility monk's hardest gear requirements are 3 teammates to carry him and basically use him for his buffs while they kill shit and get loot that helps them kill shit even faster. How does the monk benefit exactly?

Monk secretly wants to play another class and bums off-class drops from the other 3 players? Monk gets even more utility dp.. utility? Err...

Oh your WD just got a SMK and your group Wiz just got a WoW and your group Cru just got a perfectly rolled set piece. Hey you got an inna drop that you can salvage since you maxed out your "utility" with garbage pieces that just increased your defense, cdr, atk speed, and +phys% so you coudl survive in t5/6 and be everyone's bitch. FUUUUNNN. Sign me right up.

Monk is a "utility" class in a single player game. At this point Blizz should just buff monk's "utility" by removing smartloot from monks so they can get off-class drops on their own to give to their DPSers! Can you imagine? LOOKING FOR MONK NEED WD ITEMS!!

xLe5PVM.png

NW0Pch8.png

From the way it reads I'm pretty sure you need to spend a portion of your resource to get the damage boost so neither of those would work

Boogdud

Wonder what other changes are going on behind the scenes.

It seems the feedback from beta RoS (that was ignored) is coming home to roost in some ways. Granted Alex obviously got another position somewhere else and wasn't 'let go' but it's an odd time to pursue other things right after launch of the expac with hints at another one on the way.

traveler

Not Wario
Not that it would do anything for a wiz, but I did want to see if a good focus and restraint set would make mid to high torments viable for the pre-RoS barb pump and dump boulder build. Seems perfect for a build built around getting full resource, dumping it in one attack, and repeating.

eek5

Wonder what other changes are going on behind the scenes.

It seems the feedback from beta RoS (that was ignored) is coming home to roost in some ways. Granted Alex obviously got another position somewhere else and wasn't 'let go' but it's an odd time to pursue other things right after launch of the expac with hints at another one on the way.
Honestly, right after a launch seems like the perfect time to leave. You're pretty much in between big projects and can make a relatively clean break to start a new opportunity.

Leaving before the major release would've been way more disruptive.

ferr

From the way it reads I'm pretty sure you need to spend a portion of your resource to get the damage boost so neither of those would work

Funny thing is a single SoJ with +20 ele and +30 elite would equal the damage mod from this set.. so I don't see it being that worthwhile. Not worth losing SOJ+RORG

Tom Penny

Monk really stops being the star around T3 unless you have end game gear then you can maybe be a star in T4 but after that you're a "utility" player.

What's the point in even playing at that point? A utility monk's hardest gear requirements are 3 teammates to carry him and basically use him for his buffs while they kill shit and get loot that helps them kill shit even faster. How does the monk benefit exactly?

Monk secretly wants to play another class and bums off-class drops from the other 3 players? Monk gets even more utility dp.. utility? Err...

Oh your WD just got a SMK and your group Wiz just got a WoW and your group Cru just got a perfectly rolled set piece. Hey you got an inna drop that you can salvage since you maxed out your "utility" with garbage pieces that just increased your defense, cdr, atk speed, and +phys% so you coudl survive in t5/6 and be everyone's bitch. FUUUUNNN. Sign me right up.

Monk is a "utility" class in a single player game. At this point Blizz should just buff monk's "utility" by removing smartloot from monks so they can get off-class drops on their own to give to their DPSers! Can you imagine? LOOKING FOR MONK NEED WD ITEMS!!

Monks are in a good place.

I was mildly amused by how people have been copy-pasting one of Grimiku's responses - it works as a comment for almost any thread.

"This is an interesting thread with a lot of well constructed arguments, and it's definitely a subject I think about often. Obviously, the answer to this question is highly subjective, and I don't believe there is a single right answer. I like reading everyone's opinion on the matter, though, and I hope this discussion goes on."

That's a whole lot of words to say nothing at all :p

Moc annihilation is probably the best if you have a good party so they can carry youl through the rift faster lol

I just see a lot of monks running unity and MoH or MoR without giving it much thought. IMO, the unity passive is only worthwhile if a monk needs the survivability MoH brings or, if there are two monks in a group. Even a monks individual damage will be better with MoC since the cap on sheet increase through unity is 20%. MoC is better for the party as well as the individual.

On a sidenote, I played monk last night with the lightning gear I saved on side. He's pretty buff on T4. EP, Cyclone, Stun LTK

It was a fun distraction though. I'm having a good time cycling through WD, DH and monk.

Edit: unity could be a good passive if a monk has the full innas set.

dengatron

Reminds me of last night.

"Like, what's the point of fucking Daggers? Fucking Kill is the best of them and it's awful."
Kill drops.

"It's like getting a Litany after all this time of no drops. Just a kick in the balls."
Litany drops.

good times guys

don't call kill by name or it will appear to you as a star on the map, and both inflate and then instantly obliterate the groundstar hype meter.

Vossler

Is the Fulminator proc pretty decent? I found a pretty good strength one last night but haven't messed with it yet.. might be time to try out my barb again. Sorry I can't offer any tips, the site is blocked here at work.

I actually haven't tried it out yet...was thinking I may tonight...btw, try using https at work...works at my jerb.

Fire wizard with Mirrorball and some cooldown reduction using the 15 sec cooldown meteor would be incredible. Just spam missiles until meteor is back and melt everything!

I may try this, guess it's time to craft some Captain Crimson pieces...

Yea I have no idea may just have to equip it and test it out...

taybul

I really don't get the wording on the Focus/Restraint set bonus:
Your primary resource spenders that spent resource...
What does that even mean? How does this set bonus work?

edit: Answering my own question here but it seems like any spender you use if you're at full resource will get a +50% damage bonus. If you spam spenders from full resource, only the first one will get the benefit. Doesn't seem worth it considering you're giving up both ring slots.

Jubs

The fulminator blows. I had one on my monk, and it was proccing for only about 1 mil a tick. Plus, the proc doesn't apply on the target you're directly attacking, only those surrounding that enemy, thus making it a useless single-target weapon. I heard the weapon was bugged though, so hopefully they'll apply whatever fixes it needs to elevate it.

ZenaxPure

don't call kill by name or it will appear to you as a star on the map, and both inflate and then instantly obliterate the groundstar hype meter.

I can confirm this. My WD friend was using kill for transmog and I noticed it so I was like "wtf are you using that for?" He tells me it's for transmog then about 5 seconds later I just hear "fuck!" and he proceeds to link an un-ID'd Kill that just dropped.

He changed his transmog after the run and we never talked about Kill again.

eek5

I just see a lot of monks running unity and MoH or MoR without giving it much thought. IMO, the unity passive is only worthwhile if a monk needs the survivability MoH brings or, if there are two monks in a group. Even a monks individual damage will be better with MoC since the cap on sheet increase through unity is 20%. MoC is better for the party as well as the individual.

On a sidenote, I played monk last night with the lightning gear I saved on side. He's pretty buff on T4. EP, Cyclone, Stun LTK

It was a fun distraction though. I'm having a good time cycling through WD, DH and monk.

Edit: unity could be a good passive if a monk has the full innas set.

I was thinking of running Unity w/ my fire monk so I can snapshot the +20% off wd pets and hit epiph harder. Open chest + unity + blinding flash-> epiph should have me doing 15-18m crits with shadow clone which should be pretty efficient for T3. Maybe 20-22+ w/ BBV in there too.

I guess I'd do attack speed so I can buff pets too but that would also cause me to leak spirit faster on TR/LTKs so IDK if that is good. Maybe MoH w/ spirit regen so I can infinite LTK better.

It sucks because these builds are pretty fun but they scale so poorly. Even if it took max rolls on everything to play this way in t6 I would at least have something to look forward to but knowing that if I got max rolls on all my pieces w/ my 2 res on everything that I would be terribly inefficient past T4 is really discouraging.

edit:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/fenderputty-1180/Munkey/4022975
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/eek-1673/Kaladin/46921758

haha our lightning monks are nearly identical

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Kadala just put out, I got the physical on the second roll as well;

EZuk3LT.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh wow I just noticed I made the OT1 Wall of shame. neat.

Chocobro

IAS is good, but you had a socket and Dex already - you should have really rerolled the damage.
In what cases do you reroll the damage range instead of %dmg (assuming the patch fixes the %dmg to apply on elemental dmg is active)? I've been wondering.
If the damage range is already high, reroll for %dmg and if the damage range is low, reroll for higher damage range?

Azulsky

Funny thing is a single SoJ with +20 ele and +30 elite would equal the damage mod from this set.. so I don't see it being that worthwhile. Not worth losing SOJ+RORG

Right but thats only if you had 0 elemental damage before the RORG and SOJ. If you had to ditch 20 out of 100 elemental damage to get a 50% additive damage ontop then it would be worth.

Also what if your elemental and elite % scale off the set bonus?

If you dont have to spend resource to get it to work then it could be interesting on a Kridershot DH or a GyreFalcon Foot Crusader.

Eh, just played a bunch for the first time in weeks and... looks like overall clan activity is really low (EU gaf).

And dunno, after these few hours I once more just feel like I'm probably done with the game. Maybe I'll dabble in again with some nice updates but even then it simply feels like I'm too burned out. When it takes like >30hours or so in average to even really find a upgrade or so, nah. Spending that much time on learning Piano (which I started with again) or studying or really anything else seems like a way more resourceful use of time.

The updates need to make it real fun again, otherwise I'm done. I won't complain about content/length either. Got like what, 300 hours or so out of RoS?

Sigmaah

God damn you have EVERYTHING!

Congrats though.

Bruh, after u left I farmed for another 4 hours and near the end of it, I said ima get 15 more bags and hope to get this stupid as fuck ring. Open them, see 1 legend, pick that shit up, see the img behind the ? And I'm hype as fuck, id that shit and BAM! Rolled amazing and there was my ring.

I can solo T5 now, yay! (Gonna stick with t4 tho)

...2 hours farming the spectral sword.

Found the required rare maybe...3 or 4 times.

I know that feeling. Last night I started trying to farm Essence of the Twin Seas and it sucked essence of the twin dicks. I was only able to get the damn unique to spawn twice, and he dropped it once. I have to do it on T4 for any hope of a drop and a lot of times looking for the two spawn points I get gang banged by mobs and elites and they instant kill me. Loads of fun.

I know that feeling. Last night I started trying to farm Essence of the Twin Seas and it sucked essence of the twin dicks. I was only able to get the damn unique to spaw twice, and he dropped it once. I have to do it on T4 for any hope of a drop and a lot of times looking for the two span points I get gang banged by mods and elites and they instant kill me. Loads of fun.

Join a farming community, have chat open, invite people when you fight the rare elite that drops it, they do the same, no point on farming essence of the twin seas alone, it's an ultra rare drop.

Dahbomb

Bruh, after u left I farmed for another 4 hours and near the end of it, I said ima get 15 more bags and hope to get this stupid as fuck ring. Open them, see 1 legend, pick that shit up, see the img behind the ? And I'm hype as fuck, id that shit and BAM! Rolled amazing and there was my ring.

I can solo T5 now, yay! (Gonna stick with t4 tho)
Damn the grind is real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom