• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rip firebats. even hitting, they're not pushing out like any fetishes at all. killed 2 elite packs just now and only got 1 out.

Oh boy, good luck to pet doctors relying on fetishes without a starmetal or zuni 4pc. so far it's pretty hard for me to stack. will keep testing other abilities.

Rain of toads working well though. Actually it feels almost just like before if you use anything but firebats.

garath

No full patch notes and the Anniversary/community buffs aren't live either.

But the character changes and other system changes are live. I am already playing with the new Awareness and it has pushed my DHs toughness above 10 million. I replaced Ambush for it.

Edit: +% damage bug on non black damage types for weapon is also fix.

best news so far. My nat's slayer will be sweet.

Game's crazy... I spent an ungodly amount of shards gambling for a cindercoat and got nothing. Then the game handed me enough mara's and a RRoG, and I went more pet build-ish, and it dropped a garuwolf for me then too. I got most of that stuff within a day or two.

Yesterday I a cindercoat dropped... Pretty much right when I didn't care as much whether I'd get it and completely stopped gambling for it, there it is. Crazy game.

It also seems like the game has gone back to giving me shit for my other classes rather than the one I'm playing on. I started playing DH yesterday and gambled an andariels for my Monk. So I was using him with the new andariels when the cinder dropped for my DH.

Glad you finally got your Cindercoat, I never got mine, 1000 shards and many rifts daily, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

scy

Also, some amount of wrath regen is really underselling the Akkhan set. With wrath cost reduction plus wrath regeneration, it quadruples the amount of spenders you can cast.

"Some amount" is because I'm not 100% certain it's +10, not because I'm underselling the amount it gives.

Edit: Which seems to be the right thing to have done since it gives +5 :x

The Cowboy

So its been posted on the D3 forums that Wizards Vyr’s set is as some guessed with this patch, you select the rune for your +elemental damage type.

http://www.twitch.tv/google337 (T6 farming with it now - not me).

Stated in the steam that the set is fixed to, all runes are working.
-
Edit.
Perhaps not - bummer.

Jubs

WoL damage buff is interesting, and the fire option has me intrigued. I wonder if using a Kekegi w/ it would make it viable. Does anyone know how often the Kekegi procs?

Dahbomb

They fixed the bug where some Legendaries had Enchant rolls of crit chance from 1%-6%. Now it's 4.5% to 6% for my Pride's Fall.

Edit: They fixed the bug where opening the Inventory freezes your game for 1-2 seconds. GREAT CHANGE!

Totakeke

"Some amount" is because I'm not 100% certain it's +10, not because I'm underselling the amount it gives.

I was referring to the previous 100% wrath regeneration, and it's definitely underselling it because I think you ignored the 4pc Akkhan bonus.

Anyway I checked it in game. It's +5 wrath regen for no rune as I feared.

First impressions on FoH, I got a jump from 15mil to 25mil crits. Awesome. However it also feels like they changed the animation on FoH, I can't animation cancel as I did before and it's a bit weird.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
rip firebats. even hitting, they're not pushing out like any fetishes at all. killed 2 elite packs just now and only got 1 out.

Oh boy, good luck to pet doctors relying on fetishes without a starmetal or zuni 4pc. so far it's pretty hard for me to stack. will keep testing other abilities.

Rain of toads working well though. Actually it feels almost just like before if you use anything but firebats.

Try teaming up with a cyclone strike monk and using rain of toads. It should work extremely well if it's a 10% chance on hit modified by proc rates.

Yesss

LKFBhRt.png

(ascended item replaced by reuseable parts)

I estimated 2740 for my nat's slayer after patch. In-game: 2734.6

However, on the battle.net profile page, the damage stat reflects it but the item display does not.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492 (I was at around 940,000 before the patch). I need a better offhand....

I also slotted awareness. Brought my toughness up by 2 million. Really nice since I lost VIT switching out my Danetta with VIT for one with %dmg.

All in all, I'm happy with those changes. Now I need to decide if I want to play with my DH more, or grind with my weaker Wizard for Vyr's set pieces that will never drop :(

Dahbomb

You do NOT need white items to craft anymore, I just checked the crafted Legendaries and sets. They are replaced by Reusable parts.

Thank god no more hunting for specific white items. Great change!

Edit: Already beaten.

Huh, this is interesting. Monk soloing T6 pretty damn efficiently using no generator fire spec: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/25cqz4/inner_fire_build_for_torment_6_rifting_12_mins/

Wow. Really interesting way to play. No mantra either. Going to try this.

Unless they fixed GNK proc able to hit twice (and even if they did), fire LTK should still outpace WoL by a LOT. I don't see how WoL can compete. The weapon dmg% is about the same with GNK and you can spam even more w/ a cindercoat (assuming you can get one with your 2res on it........) otherwise you're stuck below T4 and at that point any fire skill will do lol.

The only thing that I might change is switching out LTK for WoL on my lightning monk since I use mythic rhythm on that monk.

Hmmm ... I think you're right. The pilar rune is fun too for lightning.

Yeah I read the data mined notes and immediately thought how firebats is done. Glad rain of toads works. Maybe a poison pet build with fetishes shooting darts too.

You do NOT need white items to craft anymore, I just checked the crafted Legendaries and sets. They are replaced by Reusable parts.

Thank god no more hunting for specific white items. Great change!

Edit: Already beaten.
This might be my favorite news. Time to start clearing out stash space!!

Holy fuck monkey christ I love my Crusader today. Just by changing two passives, the new Fervor and Holy Cause, my sheet damage went from ~650K to ~950K !!! My CDR is now fucking %36! Oh my god, this patch alone puts me right into T4 easily and I just started T3 the other day. Glorious!

Celegus

Second best news I've heard so far. A reclaimed stash tab. Sweet! (half of which is bracers for the inevitable reaper's wrap crafting continuation)

Same here, goodbye tab full of white junk! All those things and I never seemed to have the one I needed. Awesome change.

scy

I was referring to the previous 100% wrath regeneration, and it's definitely underselling it because I think you ignored the 4pc Akkhan bonus.

I have no idea where this is coming from. I said that perma-Akarat's is still worthwhile for +35% Damage and some amount (now known as "5") Wrath Regeneration. Halving the cost is nice, yes, but I'm not going to count that as part of Akarat's Champion's buffs since ... it's not part of AC, though it is part of getting it to permanent status.

th3dude

It's weird seeing so many "wow Crusader time!" posts when I went to sleep thinking of how hard we were nerfed.

Yea, at first I was extremely happy because I misunderstood the Shattered shield 'buff', but now I get it.

Other than that and Arakat's Champion, I think the Crusader class is much better now. The fact that they removed the speed cap and gave 1h more viable builds is a huge change.

Oh.

So I gotta try plague of toad over firebats, and check out archon.

I thought they were supposed to lower the costs of removing gems and also lowering the gem requirement to re roll rings and amulets?

Gonna be a long day at work.

Dahbomb

What other rumored changes were they supposed to make for 2.0.5? I could try to test them. Most of the stuff they said would come has been implemented.

Seems like a solid patch thus far.

I thought they were supposed to lower the costs of removing gems and also lowering the gem requirement to re roll rings and amulets?
They never promised the latter but the former has been changed. Removing gems costs much less now (about 66% less).

GENERAL
Increased the radius of "Strength in Numbers" (multiplayer buff) from 100 to 200 yards
Gold Find on items will now stack multiplicatively with the Gold Find bonus provided from game difficulty
This significantly increases the gold reward most players will see when playing on higher difficulty levels or wearing Gold Find gear.
Example: Suppose you are playing on Master (+200% Gold Find) and have 50% Gold Find awarded from items. A pile of gold drops that would normally be 50 gold. Your Difficulty bonus increases the 50 gold to 150 gold. Your 50% Gold Find will now increase the 150 gold to 225 gold.
The 300% Gold Find cap applied to items and Paragon Points has been removed
The Vote Kick system has received several changes to make it less restrictive:
Vote Kicking is now available after you have been in a game for 2 minutes (down from 5 minutes)
Killing a champion or rare pack no longer disables vote kicking for 15 seconds
After a boss kill, vote kicking is disabled for 15 seconds (down from 3 minutes)
Some additional restrictions were also relaxed
Known Issue: The tooltip will not reflect these changes
Tyrael will now chat about his poor eating habits with less frequency

Patch of the century confirmed!

The Cowboy

ahh.. back to Fire Build then.

with Archon instead of EB!

Maybe not, i seems others are stating that whilst your damage type can be selected using a rune selection normally (when not using Vry's), when using the Vry's set no matter what rune you select - all damage is arcane.

If this is true, its kind shitty that they didn't adjust the set bonus.

Totakeke

I have no idea where this is coming from. I said that perma-Akarat's is still worthwhile for +35% Damage and some amount (now known as "5") Wrath Regeneration. Halving the cost is nice, yes, but I'm not going to count that as part of Akarat's Champion's buffs since ... it's not part of AC, though it is part of getting it to permanent status.

You were commenting on the Akkhan set and it would be odd to leave the 4pc bonus out in evaluating that set, wouldn't it?

Dahbomb

Patch introduced a bug.

Rerolling items can give you skills for OTHER classes now....
LMAO this is fucking stupid!

It's not a Blizzard patch without them breaking something.

can anyone confirm: did this patch fix the stupid lag/delay when opening inventory/ map etc?
Yes they did. They changed the way it is brought up... now those UIs stream in as opposed to coming in all at once.

D3 forums is saying EQ Leaping Barbs got nerfed about its fury regen and leap speed.
KuGsj.gif

... seriously?
Why?

rat bastards with their stealth nerfs
and again WHY

EQ made barb almost on par with arcane wiz or pet WD (nowhere near close to haunt WD ofc) damage wise
it is entertaining to play

I knew they'd ruin it somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom