• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I'll have to try that out, even though my ring is only level 60 something. Wonder how it would work with Homonculus (spawns a dog every 5 sec), and switch out dogs for sacrifice, and just keep blowing him up.

Omnicent

Man there is a lot more synergy for Fire Sader right now. Time to bust out my Burning Axe of Sankis and try some things when I get home.

Boogdud

Boy, blessed/shattered kinda sucks now. I guess you can take the new passives to try to make up for the lost damage but it still isn't up to what it was.

Now I have no idea what skills to use lol.

ferr

Sooo, I can get Mara set items from Kadala if I buy items from her in torment? I wonder if leg chance varies by difficulty.. probably not, that would be silly since everyone would log in to T6 for kadala buying.

kirblar

Can't believe I haven't seen any comments on source changes!

My mirrorball's dmg is now 363-442. WOW.
Trying to get a good legendary Mojo was really hard previously because they had the same damage ranges as the yellows. I have ~10 in my bags thanks to Kadala having a better droprate for off-hands, can't wait to see what they all look like.

Insaniac

Time to start rifting and gambling those Tal Pieces I never could get. *Glares at the Raekor boots that dropped while playing Wizard*

Grampasso

Got bad news for your Fate of the Fell Crusaders:

They doubled the Legendary drop chance. Plus it plays a sound so you know that the Legendary that dropped is from the Puzzle Ring.

In addition, the item counter does not reset if you change acts or die.
I finally understand why the f*** that goblin never dropped anything for me, changing act for bounties! @_@

Omnicent

Anyone know how many Blood Shards you get per torment increase? Hopefully
by the time you hit T6 it is a sizable chunk for the time invested.

RDreamer

Boy, blessed/shattered kinda sucks now. I guess you can take the new passives to try to make up for the lost damage but it still isn't up to what it was.

Now I have no idea what skills to use lol.

I messed around and went back to my old build before they buffed Blessed. It was shield bash with the holy rune. I swapped back down to a 1 hander (sun keeper) and swapped my jekang for another shield with high block and high crit. Then I put on the passive for getting 6 wrath from blocking and had provoke with the rune for 50% block and used punish as an attack. I was able to keep wrath up pretty high and it came in pretty quickly in big groups. I want to craft a good pira marella (however that's spelled) and get wrath reduction on that.

Not sure it really stacks up to what jekang and shattered throw was, but it's kind of fun.

Azulsky

Crusaders get 30% damage reduction now with that much spell damage...

I just want to salvage all my monks items and cry in a corner

Dahbomb

My reactions when looking at the patch list:

*Oh cool there are more changes to the classes than in the leaks... let's see what we missed with the Monks.

*Sees that a few more spenders got the elements switched around.

OK that's not really what I was looking.

*Oh cool they buffed a ton of class specific items let's see if the Monks set items aren't completely shit now.

*Sees that they fixed the Inna set bug.. that's it.

RUMpHVA.gif

Gonna be tough to come up with a fire\archon build using Vyr's. Gotta choose to give up cindercoat or magefists. But that's all I'm rolling for at Kadala now. I wonder how rare the set items will be....

Dahbomb

so wait did monk get some changes or not..?
They did.

They got the lowest changes among all the classes. They basically got a few bug fixes, their Spirit generators got their elements switched around and WoL got buffed (still inferior to LTK especially with GNK).

Basically Monks are in a "good place" right now according to Blizzard. They have fair and balanced end game set items.

LOL!

jblank83

Sets are Torment-only so I'd assume so. I think they'd mention if it sets were an exception.

So does this mean the current affix can't appear more than once in your new rolls or does it mean it can't appear altogether in your new rolls. If it's the latter, then that might mean you can't try for a higher roll on a current stat without arbitrarily picking something else first to put it back in the pool of options.

It means if you reroll VIT on an item you can still get VIT and something else as possible enchants, but not both VIT and VIT.

This situation:

-> Reroll Vit 708
-> New Roll 1: Vit 666
-> New Roll 2: Vit 685

will no longer happen.

scy

It's Mojos and Sources. Both my in-use ones rerolled to bottom-end damage when they were both near max before :(

You were commenting on the Akkhan set and it would be odd to leave the 4pc bonus out in evaluating that set, wouldn't it?

And you're just assuming I'm underselling it because of that? I merely mentioned that losing the old AC hurts the viability of CDR-based builds. There's nothing to be inferred there that I'm somehow underselling or ignoring something.

Edit: Basically, the only comment was in regards to the 6pc bonus being less valuable now on paper. We'll see in execution how it goes for new kinds of builds that actually utilize most the Wrath-based bonuses of it (which may or may not have been the intended goal of the set in the first place, hence the CDR-based builds being nerfed~~~).

J0dy77

Anyone else notice this other gem they snuck in at the end of the patch notes? Bye bye hell rift farming abuse for that sweet sweet gold.

Bounty Rewards

Lowered rewards for Hell Rift Bounties in Act IV

jblank83

Didn't notice that (actually I did), but I did notice the huge piles of gold falling all over the place when I killed champs.

That gold find buff is great.

th3dude

I wonder if a fire based blessed shield build will be viable with the slight buffs to fire based blessed shield.

I got two Magefists to drop last night so I may have to try it out.

It's not new, I remember getting a green source weeks ago. Maybe there's more sets available now, if that's what you mean.

She can now drop the class-specific set pieces, which previously were Torment only.

scy

It's not new, I remember getting a green source weeks ago. Maybe there's more sets available now, if that's what you mean.

That was Chantodo's (or Tal Rasha's when she could erroneously give those out). Kadala can now give the Torment only sets (e.g., Vyr's, Firebird's for Wizards) when she could not before.

jblank83

Kadala has always been able to drop the base sets, which are any sets that would drop from 1-60, such as Blackthorne's.

What she couldn't drop are the 70-only Torment-only sets, like Vyr or Firebird.

Now she can.

As someone who hasn't really played much of the monk, what exactly is wrong with them? From the little I did play, Exploding Palm & Seven-Sided Strike both seemed really good. Not trying to start a fight; I'm honestly interested to hear what the major problems are since monks seems to get more complaints than any other class.

Totakeke

Nevermind scy, this isn't something worth arguing about.

Just tested AC:prophet with the Indestructible passive. So what happens when you lose all your HP is that indestructible activates first. Then only when you lose your HP the second time after the indestructible invincibility buff wears off, then prophet is consumed. Pretty neat.

Also it doesn't seem they've fixed the long arm of the law passive not working with runes.

Tested a couple of other builds including Blessed Shield Combust with Fire Starter and it's kinda hard to tell how viable they are. They don't suck, but it's also not as easy to gauge how good they are without all the proper gear in place. Shield Bash still sucks for me though. Seems the same mechanically as before.

eek5

I bet we'll see some people with 100+ fetishes with Rain of Toads + cyclone strike

Need to test if flayer procs on the pierce toads but if it does the explosive toads small AOE w/ a cyclone and double pierce might proc the most w/ a 66% coef. Could potentially be really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom