• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The crafting items page streams in items too so you are going to be in a situation where a bunch of items haven't loaded their graphics yet.

There are definitely some broken elements to the patch... be very careful about doing some stuff (especially do not tinker with Mystic right now if you value your Souls).

Dahbomb

God damn Crusaders get all the good shit now!

We've increased the 15% damage reduction to 30% to match that of the Monk and Barbarian.

Also Marauder set got buffed:

Companions have received collision box revisions and the rate at which Sentries use your Hatred spenders has been increased.

Dahbomb

They actually changed more Spirit generators of the Monk than listed. Crippling Wave now has a Holy rune and Deadly Reach has a Fire and Cold variant too.

They HUGELY BUFFED Puzzle Ring.

Tasker and Theo now effects Hydra as well.

Celegus

They actually changed more Spirit generators of the Monk than listed. Crippling Wave now has a Holy rune and Deadly Reach has a Fire and Cold variant too.

They HUGELY BUFFED Puzzle Ring.
Tasker and Theo now effects Hydra as well.

Goblin spits out legs now?

Dahbomb

Got bad news for your Fate of the Fell Crusaders:
Fate of the Fell

Fixed an issue preventing the damage from multiple Heaven's Fury beams from stacking

how?? i knew there was a reason i saved the one that dropped the other night.
They doubled the Legendary drop chance. Plus it plays a sound so you know that the Legendary that dropped is from the Puzzle Ring.

In addition, the item counter does not reset if you change acts or die.

Dahbomb

Huh what? Sounds like a buff to me. Gonna test out what's different.
Maybe I read it wrong. I read it as when you do that shotgun FoF + Fires of Heaven combo the point where the 3 beams intersect don't do triple damage on that point.

Mystic

It is no longer possible for the same affix to be randomly selected as the replacement for both of your new rolls

pdiddyreacts.gif

The Cowboy

•Locust Swarm/Haunt •Rather than rolling for a Critical Hit, Locust Swarm will now calculate an average damage augmented by your Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage on application and apply that damage evenly over the duration of the entire DoT.
Interesting, kinda liking the sound of this for my Creeping death/Quetzalcoatl build, no more re-rolling the dots to try and get a crit.

Edit.
Haunt also has a jump range of 70 yards now!, the trade off is both Locust swarm and Haunt no longer trigger "on critical hit" effects.

bcl0328

Mystic

It is no longer possible for the same affix to be randomly selected as the replacement for both of your new rolls

how is this good? what if i have 90% crit damage and want 100%? it's going to cost more rolls now?

taybul

Does this apply to Set items too?

Sets are Torment-only so I'd assume so. I think they'd mention if it sets were an exception.

Mystic change said:
So does this mean the current affix can't appear more than once in your new rolls or does it mean it can't appear altogether in your new rolls. If it's the latter, then that might mean you can't try for a higher roll on a current stat without arbitrarily picking something else first to put it back in the pool of options.

Level 70 Legendary Orbs now roll with higher damage ranges than level 70 Magic and Rare Orbs
This change will affect existing Legendary Orbs

YESSSSSSSS. I can't be bothered to log in and check my wizard (since I'm at work) but that's awesome.

Some great changes to demon hunters too.

Lowered rewards for Hell Rift Bounties in Act IV

$*&^% you. That was not necessary.

Mumei

Interesting, kinda liking the sound of this for my Creeping death/Quetzalcoatl build, no more re-rolling the dots to try and get a crit.

Haunt also has a jump range of 70 yards now!, the trade off is both LW and Haunt no longer trigger "on critical hit" effects.

I'm curious to see what sort of numbers Jade Harvester set will be pulling now.

JoeMartin

LOL

bTrlURT.png

LOL

Only have midnight feast and a 79% MoJ, didn't even have ZH, was a completely unbuffed hit. The 4-5m crit hits in this shot are crits from burning aura.

bcl0328

ok so puzzle ring:

The counter for picking up normal-quality items will now persist through death, act transitions, and un-equipping the item

wonder if this means we can keep it in inventory, switch rings, open chest/armor rack/wep rack, and switch rings to pick up the white.

taybul

Also, could someone explain the +%damage fix? If I have a weapon that has "x-y [elemental] damage" and "+n% damage" affixes does that mean my weapon is now buffed with this change?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Also, could someone explain the +%damage fix? If I have a weapon that has "x-y [elemental] damage" and "+n% damage" affixes does that mean my weapon is now buffed with this change?

Correct.

+damage% is now the 3rd most important affix on weapons behind main stat and socket (excluding % elemental skills)

JoeMartin

With ZH dog easily crits for 35m and ticks for 7m+, attacks fast as fuck without T&T. This thing literally takes dogs from slight distraction good for 10% damage reduction to the conductor of the pain train, first stop pound town station.

Tall Man's Finger is EASILY BiS for pet doctor now.

kirblar

Wow @ the WD DOT changes.

The amount of quality of life fixes the class got is insane in the best way possible.

Sick, Legendary Mojo damage ranges got buffed! A much needed fix.

Kadala dropping torment only items now pretty much means that I'll be speed clearing rifts for shards indefinitely. 95% of my rift drops are garbage. And that number might be a little low. MOST of my stuff comes from Kadala or from other people in my group. I don't know if I just have shit luck in rifts or not but.... Kadala is pretty much it for me now. And I think that's kinda stupid. But I'll take what I can get...

DoT change is a nerf but it's a QoL change, no more having to eyeball for low dmg or high dmg.

On non elites, Locust Swarm for me is always doing 2.4m. Haunt is always doing about 4m. Combined, ticks show 6.9m.

For comparison, before patch, a crit cast on both would do 12m+... ;/

Celegus

Kadala dropping torment only items now pretty much means that I'll be speed clearing rifts for shards indefinitely. 95% of my rift drops are garbage. And that number might be a little low. MOST of my stuff comes from Kadala or from other people in my group. I don't know if I just have shit luck in rifts or not but.... Kadala is pretty much it for me now. And I think that's kinda stupid. But I'll take what I can get...

Most of my stuff is from her too actually. I don't get many legs from Kadala, but generally the ones I do get are pretty amazing.

The Cowboy

DoT change is a nerf but it's a QoL change, no more having to eyeball for low dmg or high dmg.

On non elites, Locust Swarm for me is always doing 2.4m. Haunt is always doing about 4m. Combined, ticks show 6.9m.

Its a nerf and a buff at the same time :D, its easily a nerf on critting dots as it has less damage, buts its easily a buff on non critting dots as it has more damage.

Despite the crit damage dropping due to this, i kinda like the change - as you say, no more having to constantly keep an eye out for the damage numbers to see if you need a recast and the damage is much more consistent.

Mumei

LOL

bTrlURT.png

LOL

Only have midnight feast and a 79% MoJ, didn't even have ZH, was a completely unbuffed hit. The 4-5m crit hits in this shot are crits from burning aura.

With ZH dog easily crits for 35m and ticks for 7m+, attacks fast as fuck without T&T. This thing literally takes dogs from slight distraction good for 10% damage reduction to the conductor of the pain train, first stop pound town station.

Tall Man's Finger is EASILY BiS for pet doctor now.

My dog can literally solo T4 rifts. This cannot be an intentional change.

please stop

i'm so jealous

:(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
"Crusaders now take 30% less damage from all sources"

post-38234-snoop-dogg-nodding-yes-gif-Img-KPHy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom