• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Also from datamined patch notes:

Wormhole : After casting Teleport, you have 3 seconds to Teleport 1 additional time. (Previously could teleport 2 additional times within 1 second)

Damn. It was nice to teleport three times in a row.

This is better IMO. 3 times is nice but you pretty much had to use all 3 at once which meant you had no idea where you were headed after the 2nd TP. Now you can TP forward check things out and pick out a good spot for the 2nd TP. What would've been REALLY nice is just 3 seconds to tp an additional 2 times lol

Grinch

Banned

I would reroll area damage, I tried putting 45 paragon points into area damage and didn't see any massive changes.

This is better IMO. 3 times is nice but you pretty much had to use all 3 at once which meant you had no idea where you were headed after the 2nd TP. Now you can TP forward check things out and pick out a good spot for the 2nd TP. What would've been REALLY nice is just 3 seconds to tp an additional 2 times lol

Yeah I guess it is. Then again Crusader rules after this patch so probably I won't touch my wizard for a while :D

scy

VIT. Area Damage is still 20% chance to deal X% of whatever damage caused it. Pretty nice in a build based around dealing high damage per shot like Fires of Heaven builds tend to be.

Yeah I guess it is. Then again Crusader rules after this patch so probably I won't touch my wizard for a while :D

From my perspective, we got nerfed the hardest for current builds. We'll see how big of a deal the improved Fire and Lightning stuff is, though.

ElyrionX

Waiting 10 hours for full patch notes is excruciating. I need to know whether damage buff on sources is retroactive and holy shit if Vyrs set grants all elemental damage to Archon.

The Cowboy

•Fierce Loyalty You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. While you have a Zombie Dog, Gargantuan, or Fetish following you and not in combat, your movement speed is increased by 30%. (Previously your pets gained 100% of your Life Regen and Thorns
Wow, this is quite a nerf to my WD build - this really doesn't seem like a decent trade (going from 100% life regen from pets to 30% speed increase while out of combat).

The Cowboy

Thorns WD? I need to see this.

Life regen from pets matey, i had it setup so my dogs etc buffered my health regenning.
-
Edit.

Aww @ the Wizard nerfs on teleport and force weapon - also how will the set work now with Archon if you get all of the runes?.

Negator

If Vyr archon deals all damage types and is boosted by whatever elemental damage gear that you wear, it would be goddamn amazing. Tal-Rasha and Vyr sets together would be ridiculous.

Totakeke

VIT. Area Damage is still 20% chance to deal X% of whatever damage caused it. Pretty nice in a build based around dealing high damage per shot like Fires of Heaven builds tend to be.

I don't agree with that reasoning. Area damage is the same regardless of what kind of damage you deal. What benefits area damage though is how spread out your damage (how wide of an area your damage hits) and clumped the mobs are as area damage only hits 10yds around the original hit which isn't wide. For FoH, the damage is quite concentrated and usually those builds don't have means to clump mobs together, so in terms of damage affixes area damage isn't that great. But again since we're comparing vitality against a damage stat, it really just depends whether the player wants extra health or a bit more extra damage.

Checking my mule that has things I never used...

MA3mNn3.png

739Audv.png

GxHlNva.png

... probably need a Fire Reaper's Wraps. The patch will be interesting.

JoeMartin

If your pets are dying so often that fierce loyalty is necessary you sincerely need more RA/AR, meight.

There is literally not a single nerf in the WD notes.

2.0.5 Notes said:
Fetish Sycophants: When you hit enemies with your spells, you have up to a 10% chance to summon a dagger-wielding Fetish to fight by your side for 60 seconds. (No longer requires a physical realm spell, chance up from 5%)

Previously with vampire bats it was just 5% chance per tick to summon, so you could sit in town and just channel and summon a fetish doom army, which was nice.

Assuming that I'm reading this correctly - if I'm spraying vampire bats into a pack of mobs I have a 10% chance per individual mob hit per tick to summon a fetish? Because if that's true this passive just went from fucking awesome to fucking insane.

The Cowboy

Actually, Wizard teleport might not be as bad as i thought seeing as the cool down is reduced by 5 seconds across the board (i have no idea how i missed that)..

Reversal looks very interesting to me, casting it again within 5 seconds puts the cool down at 1 second, and i was using Fracture for extra hovers (when using BH and Event Horizon), there is easily a lot less downtime between decoys expiring and getting them again.

Totakeke

Assuming that I'm reading this correctly - if I'm spraying vampire bats into a pack of mobs I have a 10% chance per individual mob hit per tick to summon a fetish? Because if that's true this passive just went from fucking awesome to fucking insane.

Probably affected by proc coefficients like most other things.

JoeMartin

Probably affected by proc coefficients like most other things.

Yeah, but it was previously 5% per tick (which I'm assuming was, too, affected by proc coefficients), and has gone to 10% per hit/tick, sure you can't just idly summon fetishes anymore, but you've easily over doubled (in all practicality, vastly over double) the rate at which you'll summon fetishes in combat.

Radec

Actually, Wizard teleport might not be as bad as i thought seeing as the cool down is reduced by 5 seconds across the board (i have no idea how i missed that)..

Reversal looks very interesting to me, casting it again within 5 seconds puts the cool down at 1 second, and i was using Fracture for extra hovers (when using BH and Event Horizon), there is easily a lot less downtime between decoys expiring and getting them again.

It is actually a nerf if you have a calamity + cosmic strand build.

ElyrionX

If your pets are dying so often that fierce loyalty is necessary you sincerely need more RA/AR, meight.

There is literally not a single nerf in the WD notes.

Previously with vampire bats it was just 5% chance per tick to summon, so you could sit in town and just channel and summon a fetish doom army, which was nice.

Yep, WD skills got massively buffed so I think it's likely that they will see a nerf to items. *coughjadeharvestercough*

Official forums are going to be a mess.

Foaloal

As a witch doctor since before RoS I can say I'm greatly enjoying all the buffs so far. I don't even have a single piece of JH set so if they nerf it I don't really care.

I'm also interested in the potential upcoming buffs for sacrifice, since I'm one of the people who do use it (it's great with homunculus mojo and provoke the pack rune).

Just got a pony level in a rift. I've had a teddy bear one before with flowers and muffins etc but not the pony one.

Bit dissapointing they didnt make the rift boss a massive pony or something though.

Rally murdered

Other than that the Crusader changes are nice. Rally though, it was nice having a sort of Critical Mass type mechanic in the game still. Watching those huge ticks in cooldowns feels so good :(

Only other change I don't like is turning Devouring Arrow to cold. Why? DH has no useful cold skills outside of Frost Arrow. As a physical skill it went nicely with pet build or Buriza + Fan of Knives

edit: Reading a bit more deeply. Wow at Crusader passives!

scy pls. I need Fate of the Fell ;_;

JoeMartin

As a witch doctor since before RoS I can say I'm greatly enjoying all the buffs so far. I don't even have a single piece of JH set so if they nerf it I don't really care.

I'm also interested in the potential upcoming buffs for sacrifice, since I'm one of the people who do use it (it's great with homunculus mojo and provoke the pack rune).

I got my first piece of JH last night, but they're garbage so v0v.

GzbsPbb.png

I'm much more interested in a Zuni's 4p + MoJ + T&T.

A Starmetal Kukri would be nice but hahahahahahahaha that drop rate.

Tom Penny

Hands of lighting is lighting !!! how clever of them. Looks like fire remains supreme since blazing fists is the best anyway. May try pillar of ancients..Monk changes blow..demon hunter just got seize the initiative..that monks had. Must be nice. Crusader is a beast now.

Grinch

Banned
God damnit. Blessed Shield / Shattering Throw actually gets nerfed. 2.0.4 buffed ricochet damage to 330% but didn't update the tooltip. Now it gets nerfed to 170%.

Omnicent

Wow man looks like my FoTF is back in business. That DH break was fun, but now it'a time to head back to the holy lands (now that I have no more mobility penalty)
and start holy shotgunning/ calling down holy beams from the sky (with charged up). This is going to be a good week.
Also wow Resolved was blown up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy shit at those datamined crusader changes. They actually did the two things I wanted most for the class (2hand/1hand parity without stupid movement speed penalty, more fire skill runes) And fetish sycophants getting a BUFF, lol.

traveler

Not Wario
God, that Rally nerf hurts almost more than all the other buffs combined help. It was the glue that held all T6 builds together and fueled not just 1 but multiple options, from phalanx builds to condemn builds with variants in both. It was also the rune that singlehandedly made our 6 piece set desirable.

The other buffs are great (especially the passives) and I hope we see some new specs, but they better have as many new endgame viable specs as they just took away. At least Akarat's Awakening just became a whole lot more useful.

Need to see if these new fire runes are any good. 'Course combust is now stronger as well so maybe I won't feel the need to switch.

Omnicent

God, that Rally nerf hurts almost more than all the other buffs combined. It was the glue that held all T6 builds together and fueled not just 1 but multiple options, from phalanx builds to condemn builds with variants in both. It was also the rune that singlehandedly made our 6 piece set desirable.

The other buffs are great (especially the passives) and I hope we see some new specs, but they better have as many new endgame viable specs as they just took away. At least Akarat's Awakening just became a whole lot more useful.

Well if Long Arm of The Law now works correctly for all the Laws, then I see 1 build in particualr that I was working on my DH (perma smoke screen, which works and is fun) that may be possible on Crusader, but it all hinges on Long Arm of The Law working (it only worked with some skills and you had to set it then log off and back on to get it working for those. Skill was/is majorly bugged).

Also, yeah that Rally nerf hurts pretty hard, changes the specs that I was using minus my BS build.

traveler

Not Wario
Also this string is listed in the changes:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_695_x1 - Gain 10% increased damage while wielding a two-handed weapon (Previously Heavenly Strength no longer reduced Movement Speed)

While it says ring, I'm assuming this is in fact referring Hellskull and not a ring. Wonder if it's worth considering for endgame now.

IceMarker

Also this string is listed in the changes:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_695_x1 - Gain 10% increased damage while wielding a two-handed weapon (Previously Heavenly Strength no longer reduced Movement Speed)

While it says ring, I'm assuming this is in fact referring Hellskull and not a ring. Wonder if it's worth considering for endgame now.

It's definitely Hellskull, there is no ring that does that. I think they were just lazy and forgot to update the backend name.

garath

That's almost a complete rework of the crusader. man. Going to be relearning the class all over again. I actually think I'm the most happy about the movespeed penalty being removed from Heavenly strength. Lol

I'm definitely going to rest my DH for a bit and play the crusader.

RDreamer

Game's crazy... I spent an ungodly amount of shards gambling for a cindercoat and got nothing. Then the game handed me enough mara's and a RRoG, and I went more pet build-ish, and it dropped a garuwolf for me then too. I got most of that stuff within a day or two.

Yesterday I a cindercoat dropped... Pretty much right when I didn't care as much whether I'd get it and completely stopped gambling for it, there it is. Crazy game.

It also seems like the game has gone back to giving me shit for my other classes rather than the one I'm playing on. I started playing DH yesterday and gambled an andariels for my Monk. So I was using him with the new andariels when the cinder dropped for my DH.

Ohnonono

Love the crusader notes.

Pound : Now causes Shield Bash to deal 1200% (up from 740%) weapon damage plus 500% shield Block Chance as damage (no longer specified as Holy damage)

is odd though. So it has no damage type or just shares the holy damage type of the original ability? This matters for how much holy % I stack. (Though honestly I may another rune anyway but still.)

Finally Tank and spank Crusader will be a thing.

traveler

Not Wario
Biggest issue with shield bash was never damage to me, but the terrible feeling animation. If they haven't changed that, I have no desire to play the spec, regardless of the damage.

I have the same issue with blessed hammer. All the damage buffs in the world won't get me to look at it, until they speed up the rate at which hammers traverse their path and maybe allow us to cast it while moving. (First change alone might be enough to make stutter stepping it feel somewhat acceptable in group play) It doesn't matter if a single hammer is enough to wipe a pack, if my party members kill the mobs before the hammer can even reach them.

In other topics, rereading the changes and Akkhans it basically all about use with wrath spenders as a primary source of damage now, whereas before it was mainly used to allow our heavy cd skills to do all the work, with the wrath regen utility being more of a footnote than the primary feature. Maybe the new 1 hander passive + 6 piece will be enough to mitigate the loss of rally and give cd builds somewhere to go in endgame, but it seems like the standard crusader will now be a spender spamming class similar to the other classes.

Yay for DH
not getting anything

DH got Sieze the Initiative. That is HUGE. It actually makes dex.... do something.

Awareness prior to the patch was interesting, but I never felt it was good enough to take over some others. Now, I think it will be auto-include. Except for those embracing glass-cannon life.

I'm really interested to see how the archon changes play out with Vyr's. Not that I could ever test it because I've yet to see a single piece of Vyr's drop. It's absolutely ridiculous. We need more #WizardDay

Even without Vyr, the thought of a fire archon is just nuts.

neoism

That's almost a complete rework of the crusader. man. Going to be relearning the class all over again. I actually think I'm the most happy about the movespeed penalty being removed from Heavenly strength. Lol

I'm definitely going to rest my DH for a bit and play the crusader.

yeah thats why i stopped at level 40 or something it was waay to fucking slow.... monks.. :( nothing really changed my build but damn... monks need buffs sooo bad.. but blizz wants ppl to play crusader.. :/

Omnicent

yeah thats why i stopped at level 40 or something it was waay to fucking slow.... monks.. :( nothing really changed my build but damn... monks need buffs sooo bad.. but blizz wants ppl to play crusader.. :/

All aboard the Sader Hype train Choo!Choo! Now I need to start getting the set pieces again so I can make my FoTF OP status. Going to be good (assuming its not nerfed again lol)

I am currently running the Allergy build. The CDR of my Nose Blows is like 30 seconds. Thinking of switching to the Chafe Rune on that to get the CDR to 15 seconds but I sacrifice my Snot regeneration. If I can get the Aloe Vera's Cloak I can get the CDR without needing Chafe. Red Eyes passive is underwhelming but essential to the Allergy build.

Celegus

So hype for this. Apparently I had a beast of a Maximus (not sure I want to roll my 24% area to a socket though) and a decent fire Reaper Wraps collecting dust in my box that my Crusader will make new use of. I already use magic weapon and molten impact meteors, so more buffs yay! May try out this fire archon stuff too for something different. Got a bunch of caches waiting to be opened and maybe finally get my ring?!

ferr

DH got Sieze the Initiative. That is HUGE. It actually makes dex.... do something.

Awareness prior to the patch was interesting, but I never felt it was good enough to take over some others. Now, I think it will be auto-include. Except for those embracing glass-cannon life.

I'm really interested to see how the archon changes play out with Vyr's. Not that I could ever test it because I've yet to see a single piece of Vyr's drop. It's absolutely ridiculous. We need more #WizardDay

Even without Vyr, the thought of a fire archon is just nuts.

Of course they change Awareness just as I get my pride's fall. Oh well the change is still cool, may try it out and see what it's like in higher tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom