• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcl0328

Do we know more about the bounty/cache changes?

The %damage thing is getting fixed too, right?

there is another post on diablofans about them. not sure if it made it into the patch. it said something like caches have higher legendary drop chance now and they can drop torment only items. can't get on that site at the moment.

garath

there is another post on diablofans about them. not sure if it made it into the patch. it said something like caches have higher legendary drop chance now and they can drop torment only items. can't get on that site at the moment.

That was presumed patch additions based on blue posts. None of it is guaranteed :( We can only hope.

bcl0328

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Also from datamined patch notes:

Wormhole : After casting Teleport, you have 3 seconds to Teleport 1 additional time. (Previously could teleport 2 additional times within 1 second)

Damn. It was nice to teleport three times in a row.

It's a buff for me >.>

I can never get 3 teleports off unless i can see a straight line. Most times i'm teleporting around a corner or through a wall and need a second or two to decide where to go next and i can't use it. the extra time helps me a lot.

You still get approximately the same number of teleports.

3/16 = 0.1875 Teleports/sec right now
2/11 = 0.1818 Teleports/sec post patch

It's not a big difference in terms of this. The main difference is you get less burst movement speed (2 vs. 3) but more controlled movement speed (3 seconds to manage to 2 teleports instead of 2 to manage 3).

If Vyr archon deals all damage types and is boosted by whatever elemental damage gear that you wear, it would be goddamn amazing. Tal-Rasha and Vyr sets together would be ridiculous.

I think that is the implication.

Why can't I get those pieces to drop ;_;

traveler

Not Wario
I also don't like that, for crusaders at least, fire has been made even more desireable. I was hoping we'd get more reason to pursue other elements, but it looks like fire will continue to stay above the pack. (for those lacking a gyrfalcon's foote/jekangboard/holy gear for shattering shield build, which isn't so much about the element anyway as it is the absurdity of the skill affected by those affixes)

Grampasso

DH got Sieze the Initiative. That is HUGE. It actually makes dex.... do something.

Awareness prior to the patch was interesting, but I never felt it was good enough to take over some others. Now, I think it will be auto-include. Except for those embracing glass-cannon life.
Indeed, now we have more choices to make though I don't know how much it will impact survivability (if it's enough I guess I'll be able to switch some of my allres gems to DEX, thus doubledipping advantages)

J0dy77

Of course they change Awareness just as I get my pride's fall. Oh well the change is still cool, may try it out and see what it's like in higher tiers.

I do like this change and will probably juggle it with Steady aim depending on the scenario. Anything that helps avoid getting one shot on the higher Torrents is a welcomed change, dodge is awful.

Edit: The Crusader changes seem really strong. So glad they removed they 2H movement penalty, that was such a no-brainer fix. Glad I started working on mine. Now if Kadala would just drop the Jekanbord. :)

garath

DH got Sieze the Initiative. That is HUGE. It actually makes dex.... do something.

Awareness prior to the patch was interesting, but I never felt it was good enough to take over some others. Now, I think it will be auto-include. Except for those embracing glass-cannon life.

I'm really interested to see how the archon changes play out with Vyr's. Not that I could ever test it because I've yet to see a single piece of Vyr's drop. It's absolutely ridiculous. We need more #WizardDay

Even without Vyr, the thought of a fire archon is just nuts.

The question is what to replace.. I guess night stalker is the only option. Perfectionist gives me like 1.5mil toughness, Blood vengeance is mandatory until I get a decent set of reaper's wraps and tactical advantage keeps me alive more than anything else.

J0dy77

The question is what to replace.. I guess night stalker is the only option. Perfectionist gives me like 1.5mil toughness, Blood vengeance is mandatory until I get a decent set of reaper's wraps and tactical advantage keeps me alive more than anything else.

I'd drop blood vengeance. It's an ok skill but reaper's can replace it like you said. The small amount of Hate that it provides is not worth the passive slot.

Currently I run:

Steady Aim (big damage increase and usually easy to maintain with pets)
Perfectionist
Night Stalker
Archery

I think I'd replace archery. I really can't be sure. The %dmg buff is already going to give me 2x 2700 DPS bows so I know my dmg is going to go up. Awareness would give me 2760 armor. That seems like a lot. I think I can sacrifice the crit.

ferr

Currently I run:

Steady Aim (big damage increase and usually easy to maintain with pets)
Perfectionist
Night Stalker
Archery

I think I'd replace archery. I really can't be sure. The %dmg buff is already going to give me 2x 2700 DPS bows so I know my dmg is going to go up. Awareness would give me 2760 armor. That seems like a lot. I think I can sacrifice the crit.

You may be better off replacing NS. I replaced it a while back with SA and it's just fine. I'm running Archer (DW), BV (w/ wraps), SA (easily sustained with zoo), Ambush. Not sure which I'd replace.

scy

It's weird seeing so many "wow Crusader time!" posts when I went to sleep thinking of how hard we were nerfed.

I don't agree with that reasoning. Area damage is the same regardless of what kind of damage you deal.

While true, Fires of Heaven benefits from dealing extra damage off it's high burst due to the cost. Which may not really be an issue with 6pc and so-on but it's reason enough to view it as an actual damage stat. It's not enough to view it as the most important thing ever due to the reasons you list but it's nice enough to warrant keeping it over VIT unless you're in some serious desperate need of VIT. In which case I'd still keep the damage stat and figure out where you can get extra VIT elsewhere.

StMeph

While true, Fires of Heaven benefits from dealing extra damage off it's high burst due to the cost. Which may not really be an issue with 6pc and so-on but it's reason enough to view it as an actual damage stat. It's not enough to view it as the most important thing ever due to the reasons you list but it's nice enough to warrant keeping it over VIT unless you're in some serious desperate need of VIT. In which case I'd still keep the damage stat and figure out where you can get extra VIT elsewhere.

Makes sense to me. I have too much Vit in general anyway.

I think the main difference between "wow Crusaders" and "we were nerfed" comes down to people who don't yet have top-end gear like Akkhan set and/or Gyrfalcon+Jekangbord vs. most people who are running Heavenly Strength and saw a small boost there. Fist of the Heavens was nerfed, and the improvements to Blessed Hammer still probably aren't enough to compete in Lightning builds. Champion-Rally was significantly changed, and that messes with a lot of the value from Akkhan's set, and the value of the skill as a whole.

Heaven's Fury is brought back to the original damage, but I'm curious if that's a T6-quality skill with Fate of the Fell. I basically now have weapons for any elemental Crusader build (even if i don't have ANY of the supporting pieces), but I am curious which one I should try to build around now with the expected changes:

- Shard of Hate lightning
- Fate of the Fell holy
- Maximus fire

It's weird seeing so many "wow Crusader time!" posts when I went to sleep thinking of how hard we were nerfed.

They only nerf couple of the skills but overall it's one big buffs. I don't know how you could not see it as a good thing, now there are more options and viable builds instead of one or two builds. The shield bless shattered is pretty strong for the cost and thus probably the nerf, I am sure they feel that they over-buff it last time. May be they will bring it back like they seems to do with many of the skills.

Tom Penny

I'm just happy they didn't say something stupid and insulting like, "monk is perfect."

It's amusing how they changed runes but there are no damage buffs. They really don't seem to understand the problem.

" Lets give monk a few more build options but make sure they still do no damage in comparison to other classes"

Blizzard

scy

I'm just happy they didn't say something stupid and insulting like, "monk is perfect."

Monk is fine.

Until you get out of T1/T2 and start to see the limits and then T5/T6 just becomes a "but where's our broken equip?!"

I think the main difference between "wow Crusaders" and "we were nerfed" comes down to people who don't yet have top-end gear like Akkhan set and/or Gyrfalcon+Jekangbord vs. most people who are running Heavenly Strength and saw a small boost there. Fist of the Heavens was nerfed, and the improvements to Blessed Hammer still probably aren't enough to compete in Lightning builds.

More or less. The changes seem to trim the excess power we have and bring up the bottom to kind of compact Crusader power across the board in terms of gear level. The issue is that I'm not really seeing this being as great end-game right now, especially with the radically different Akarat's Champion in place. We'll see, I have a lot of play testing to do before I can think of anything definite about the changes.

- Shard of Hate lightning
- Fate of the Fell holy
- Maximus fire

Worth note is the possibility of a Physical build involving Baleful Remnant still, especially with Bodyguard getting another fairly big buff.

They only nerf couple of the skills but overall it's one big buffs. I don't know how you could not see it as a good thing, now there are more options and viable builds instead of one or two builds. The shield bless shattered is pretty strong for the cost and thus probably the nerf, I am sure they feel that they over-buff it last time. May be they will bring it back like they seems to do with many of the skills.

I never said it wasn't a good thing / there weren't buffs as well, it was more that they just nerfed everything about our current end-game builds and playstyles. The change to Akarat's is fairly huge when everyone at T5/T6 Crusader was either Blessed Shield (which got halved in damage, though there's some compensations on this elsewhere) or CDR+Rally based, which isn't possible anymore. AC itself became significantly worse baseline as a defensive skill since the loss of the revive means it is no longer +100% eHP.

Like I said, I need to play test these things before I can say anything definitive. Right now, just everything I have gear wise in both my 6pc and Blessed Shield got pared down for a variety of buffs to other skills that still won't be that useful (e.g., Blessed Hammer and Shield Bash probably still won't be good).

Dahbomb

It's amusing how they changed runes but there are no damage buffs. They really don't seem to understand the problem.

" Lets give monk a few more build options but make sure they still do no damage in comparison to other classes"

Blizzard
They buffed Wave of Light though.

Celegus

They haven't said what any of this "anniversary event" stuff is, have they? The mysteroius patch notes sound pretty interesting.

So did shattered shield build just get a huge nerf?
It was 300 percent weapon dmg before right? (even though the tooltip only said 50 percent)

My sader has gyrfalcon and jenka, I'd be pretty mad about this change if I actually likedthe class enough to play it

The wave of light damage buff and addition of fire rune has me interested. A cindercoat and two piece crimsons set would reduce it's cost by almost half. Could be interesting to spam with epiphany too.

The Cowboy

Despite being a bit iffy on some of the Wizard adjustments, i am really interested in trying out Archon with Combustion (Renamed from Arcane Destruction) after the patch due to the fire damage change. If the initial explosion is also fire (it would make sense that it would/should be), with my 92% fire damage bonus this would/should rip elites, bosses and rift guardians apart.

So did shattered shield build just get a huge nerf?
It was 300 percent weapon dmg before right? (even though the tooltip only said 50 percent)

My sader has gyrfalcon and jenka, I'd be pretty mad about this change if I actually likedthe class enough to play it

Yeah its a nerf. The new passives mean you can almost make it back. Almost

StMeph

They haven't said what any of this "anniversary event" stuff is, have they? The mysteroius patch notes sound pretty interesting.

Came out with the datamined patch notes. Looks like +% XP bonuses, increased legendary drop rates, additional rift shards from bounties, and additional blood shards from rift bosses.

garath

Just from my casual look, it seems like only the very specific strong crusader builds that required multiple specific items got the nerf bat. It improves the crusader from more of a baseline strength level and brings them up overall. More in line with the other classes? Who knows. Will have to see.

I only have like 20 hours into my crusader though. T1-T2 level at best. So take it from a casual perspective lol.

The Cowboy

could someone copy pasta the patch notes or something? I can't view those sites at work :(
Is there a way to reduce the size of the quote? (like hide it until clicked?) - its pretty big and I'm not sure a quote of this size is OK or not..
DiabloFans Quote:

Barbarian
•Inspiring Presence After using a shout you and all allies within 100 (up from 50) yards regenerate 1% of maximum Life per second for 60 seconds
•Wrath of the Berserker
•Arreat's Wail : Damage is now specified as Fire
•Striding Giant : Now reduces all damage taken by 50% (Changed from 80% bonus Dodge Chance)

•Frenzy
•Sidearm : Damage is now specified as Cold

•Seismic Slam : Now deals 620% (up from 550%) weapon damage to enemies up to 45 yards in front of you (No longer specifies "in a cone", no longer seems to knock up)
•Shattered Ground : Now increases damage to 735% (up from 710%) weapon damage as Fire and knocks all enemies hit up into the air (No longer changes to a Knockback)
•Stagger : Now reduces the cost to 22 Fury; Removed from tooltip: "Has 80% chance to Stun for 1 sec";
•Permafrost : Now deals 755% (up from 710%) weapon damage as Cold and Slows enemies by 60% for 1 second (down from 2 seconds)

•Whirlwind
•Hurricane : Damage is now specified as Cold

•Revenge
•Best Served Cold : Damage is now specified as Cold

•War Cry Range is now 100 (up from 50) yards

Demon Hunter
•Awareness Reworked: Your Armor is increased by 30% of your Dexterity.
•Grenade
•Cluster Grenades : Now has a 36 yard radius (Up from 32 yards. Note: the current value in-game is displayed as 9 yards)

•Hungering Arrow
•Devouring Arrow : Damage now specified as Cold

Monk
•Fists of Thunder
•Bounding Light : Damage is now specified as Holy
•Wind Blast : Renamed from Lightning Flash. Reworked: Every third hit Freezes enemies for 1 second. / Fists of Thunder's damage turns into Cold.

•Way of the Hundred Fists
•Hands of Lightning : Damage is now Lightning (changed from Physical)
•Blazing Fists : Damage now specified as Fire
•Spirited Salvo : Damage now specified as Holy

•Sweeping Wind
•Inner Storm : Damage now specified as Holy

•Wave of Light Now deals 605% (up from 473%) weapon damage
•Wall of Light : Now deals 870% (up from 709%) weapon damage
•Explosive Light : Now deals 830% (up from 731%) weapon damage; damage is now Fire (changed from Holy)
•Pillar of the Ancients : Now deals 635% (up from 498%) weapon damage; additional damage is now 785% (up from 498%) weapon damage; damage is now Lightning (changed from Physical); damage applies over 3 seconds instead of after 2 seconds
•Numbing Light : Renamed from Blinding Light; now freezes enemies (changed from stunned)

Witch Doctor
•Zombie Handler Now also increases player health
•Fetish Sycophants Now triggered from hitting enemies (changed from casting physical realm spells); chance to summon a Fetish is now up to 10% (up from 5%)

•Fierce Loyalty Reworked: You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. While you have a Zombie Dog, Gargantuan, or Fetish following you and not in combat, your movement speed is increased by 30%.
•Summon Zombie Dogs Each dog now deals 30% (up from 12%)
•Corpse Spiders
•Leaping Spiders : Damage is now Poison (changed from Physical)

•Hex
•Toad of Hugeness : Now deals 580% (up from 20%) of your weapon damage per second; damage is now Poison (changed from Physical)
•Unstable Form : Damage is now Fire (changed from Poison)

•Horrify Cooldown is now 12 seconds (down from 16 seconds); range is now 18 (up from 12) yards; now also immobilizes; duration is now 3 seconds (down from 4 seconds)
•Phobia : Reworked: Enemies are no longer Immobilized and will instead run in Fear for 5 seconds.

•Gargantuan
•Humongoid : Damage is now Cold (changed from Physical)
•Wrathful Protector : Now knocks up (changed from knocks back)
•Bruiser : Damage is now Fire (changed from Physical)

•Firebats Now costs 150 Mana initially (down from 225)
•Dire Bats : Now deals 495% (up from 300%) weapon damage
•Hungry Bats : Now deals 635% (up from 350%) weapon damage
•Vampire Bats : Reworked: Firebats initial cost increased to 225 mana but no longer has a channeling cost.

•Wall of Zombies
•Unrelenting Grip : Damage now specified as Cold

•Piranhas
•Bogadile : Now deals 1100% (up from 840%) weapon damage; damage is now Physical (changed from Poison)

Wizard
•Magic Weapon
•Force Weapon : No longer has a chance to Knockback

•Meteor
•Molten Impact : Now also increases size of Meteor

•Archon
•Slow Time : Archon abilities deal Cold damage instead of Arcane
•Pure Power : Archon abilities deal Lightning damage instead of Arcane

•Combustion : Renamed from Arcane Destruction; Archon abilities deal Fire damage instead of Arcane

•Teleport Cooldown is now 11 seconds (down from 16 seconds)
•Calamity : Now deals 175% (down from 252%) weapon damage; stun duration now 1 second (down from 1.5 seconds)
•Fracture : Decoy life is now 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds)
•Safe Passage : Damage reduction is now 25% (down from 27%)
•Reversal : Recasting window is now 5 seconds (down from 8 seconds); casting Teleport again within 5 seconds will instantly return you to your original location and set the remaining cooldown to 1 second
•Wormhole :Reworked: After casting Teleport, you have 3 seconds to Teleport 1 additional time

Crusader
•Heavenly Strength No longer has a Movement Speed penalty
•Indestructible Reworked: When you receive fatal damage, you instead become immune to damage, gain 35% increased damage and gain 16515 Life per Kill for 5 seconds. / This effect may occur once every 60 seconds
•Vigilant Damage reduction is now 20% (up from 5%)
•Insurmountable Reworked: Blocking an attack generates 6 Wrath
•Iron Maiden Your Thorns is increased by 50%. (Previously gave a static amount based on character level)
•Finery Gain 1.5% Strength for every gem socketed into your gear. (Previously gave a static amount based on character level)
•Holy Cause No longer requires Holy damage on weapon
•Towering Shield Reworked: Increase the damage of Punish, Shield Bash and Blessed Shield by 20%. / Reduce the cooldown of Shield Glare by 30%
•Fervor Reworked: While wielding a one-handed weapon, your attack speed is increased by 15% and all cooldowns are reduced by 15%
•Fanaticism Renamed from Nephalem Majesty; Reworked: Increase the attack speed of Punish, Slash, Smite and Justice by 15%

•Blessed Shield Now deals 430% (up from 340%) weapon damage; damage now specified as Holy
•Combust : Now deals 310% (up from 270%) weapon damage;range is now 10 (up from 8) yards
•Shattering Throw : Now deals 170% (up from 50%) weapon damage; damage now specified as Holy

•Sweep Attack Now deals 480% (up from 440%) weapon damage
•Gathering Sweep : Damage now specified as Holy
•Blazing Sweep : Now deals 120% (down from 170%) weapon damage

•Heaven's Fury Cooldown: 20 seconds / Call down a furious ray of Holy power that deals 1710% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds to all enemies caught within it. (Up from 1260%)
•Ascendancy : The ray of Holy power grows to encompass 12 yards, dealing 2766% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds to enemies caught within it. (Up from 1680%)
•Blessed Ground : The ground touched by the ray becomes blessed, scorching it and dealing 1550% weapon damage over 5 seconds to enemies who walks through. (Up from 975%)
•Split Fury : The ray splits into 3 smaller beams, each dealing 1980% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds. (Up from 1440%)
•Thou Shalt Not Pass : Ground touched by the ray pulses with power for 6 seconds, stopping enemies who try to pass over it. (Damage was Holy)
•Fires of Heaven : Call down a furious ray of Holy power that is focused through you in a beam across the battlefield, dealing 960% weapon damage as Holy to all enemies it hits. / The cooldown is removed. Now costs 40 Wrath. (Up from 735%)

•Phalanx Cost: 30 Wrath / Summon powerful avatars who charge forward to the targeted destination. Enemies caught in the charge path take 490% weapon damage. (Up from 380%)
•Bowmen : The summoned avatars no longer march forward, but will wield bows and attack enemies, dealing 185% weapon damage. These bowmen follow you as you move for 5 seconds. / The Bowmen can only be summoned once every 15 seconds. (Up from 160%)
•Stampede : Summon warhorses that deal 490% weapon damage and have a 30% chance to Stun enemies for 2 seconds. (Up from 380%)
•Bodyguard : Instead of sending the avatars out away from you, you summon 2 Avatars of the Order to protect you and fight by your side for 10 seconds. Each Avatar will attack for 560% of your weapon damage as Physical. / The Avatars can only be summoned once every 30 seconds. (Up from 285%)

•Bombardment
•Mine Field : Each impact scatters 2 mines onto the battlefield that explode when enemies walk near them, dealing 160% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 10 yards. (Damage element now specified)

•Fist of the Heavens - The pillar of lightning now deals 545% weapon damage (up from 340%); The 6 piercing charged bolts now deal 255% weapon damage (down from 340%)
•Heaven's Tempest: Now summons a fiery storm (changed from Lightning); Now deals 100% weapon damage (down from 150%); Damage now specified as Fire
•Fissure: Now deals 410% weapon damage (up from 400%); Lightning between multiple fissures now deals an additional 135% weapon damage with each arc (down from 185%)
•Divine Well: Now deals 40% weapon damage (down from 80%)
•Retribution: Now hurls a fist of Holy power (changed from 'a fist of fire and lightning'); Now deals 270% weapon damage (down from 350%); Damage is now Holy (changed from Lightning); Explosion at target now deals 435% weapon damage (up from 150%); Explosion damage is now Holy (changed from Lightning); The 6 piercing charged bolts now deal 185% weapon damage (down from 350%)

•Blessed Hammer : Now deals 320% (up from 200%) weapon damage
•Burning Wrath : The scorched ground now deals 330% (up from 150%) weapon damage per second
•Thunderstruck : The lightning that occasionally arcs between you and the hammer as it spirals through the air now deals 60% (up from 40%) weapon damage
•Icebound Hammer: If the hammer explodes on impact with an enemy, it now deals 380% (up from 75%) weapon damage

•Shield Bash
•Crumble : Damage now specified as Fire
•Shattered Shield : The shield shatters into other smaller fragments, hitting more enemies for 740% (up from 380%) weapon damage
•Shield Cross : Additional shields now deal 155% (up from 135%) weapon damage
•Pound : Now causes Shield Bash to deal 1200% (up from 740%) weapon damage plus 500% shield Block Chance as damage (no longer specified as Holy damage)
•One on One : The targeted monster is stunned (changed from 'immobilized') for 1.5 (down from 3) seconds.

•Steed Charge - Duration is now 2 (up from 1.5) seconds.
•Endurance : Now increases the duration to 3 (up from 2) seconds.
•Draw and Quarter : Damage now specified as Holy

•Judgment
•Resolved : Damage dealt to judged enemies now has an 20% (down from 80%) increased chance to be a Critical Hit.

•Iron Skin
•Explosive Skin : Now deals 1400% (up from 1050%) weapon damage.

•Akarat's Champion - Reworked: Now increases the hero's damage by 35% and the Wrath regeneration by 10 for 20 seconds; Removed from tooltip: "The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health."
•Fire Starter : Reworked: Dealing damage burns enemies with the power of Akarat, dealing 460% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds
•Embodiment of Power : Reworked: Now increases the bonus Wrath regeneration from Akarat's Champion to 10

•Rally : Reworked: Using Akarat's Champion reduces the remaining cooldown of your other abilities by 12 seconds
•Prophet : Added to the tooltip: "The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health"
•Hasteful : Gain 15% (down from 30%) increased attack speed (changed from movement speed) while Akarat's Champion is active

•Falling Sword - Now deals 1700% (up from 1100%) weapon damage
•Superheated : Now deals 310% (up from 200%) weapon damage
•Part the Clouds : Now deals 605% (up from 165%) weapon damage
•Flurry : Now deals 230% (up from 60%) weapon damage as Holy (damage type wasn't previously specified)

•Punish - Now deals 335% (up from 270%) weapon damage
•Retaliate : When you block with Hardened Senses active, you now deal 140% (up from 94%) weapon damage as Holy (damage type wasn't previously specified)
•Roar : When you block with Hardened Senses active, you now explode with fury dealing 75% (up from 45%) weapon damage

•Slash Now deals 230% (up from 190%) weapon damage
•Zeal : Grants 1% increased Attack Speed for every enemy hit for 3 seconds. This effect now stacks up to 10 (up from 5) times.

•Justice Now deals 245% (up from 240%) weapon damage.
•Sword of Justice : Upon hitting an enemy, the sword grants 5% (up from 3%) increased movement speed for 3 seconds. This effect now stacks up to 3 (down from 5) times.
•Crack : When the hammer hits an enemy, there is now a 100% (up from 80%) chance it will crack into 2 smaller hammers that fly out and deal 245% (up from 175%) weapon damage as Holy.
•Hammer of Pursuit : Now deals 335% (up from 300%) weapon damage.
•Burst : Now deals 60% (up from 30%) weapon damage

•Laws of Valor Cooldown is now 30 (down from 45) seconds
•Answered Prayer : Reworked: Active: While the Law is empowered each enemy killed now increases the duration by 1 second, up to a maximum of [Unknown value] seconds of increased time.

•Laws of Hope Cooldown is now 30 (down from 45) seconds
•Laws of Justice Cooldown is now 30 (down from 45) seconds
•Decaying Strength : Active: Damage reduction now lasts for 30 (down from 45) seconds

•Consecration
•Shattered Ground : Now deals 155% (up from 95%) weapon damage as Fire per second

•Smite Range is now 30 (up from 15) yards; Now deals 175% (up from 165%) weapon damage; The chains break off and strike up to 5 (up from 3) additional enemies within 20 yards for 150% (up from 125%) weapon damage
•Shatter : The holy chains now deal 60% (up from 20%) weapon damage
•Surge : Now increases the number of additional enemies hit to 5 (changed from an increase of the range of the initial chain to 30 yards)

Definity

I ditched my monk about a couple days after RoS released. Moved to WD and been having a blast. Geared him up enough this weekend to handle T3 without much issue. Unity rings on follower and redirecting up to 30% of damage from me to my dogs is insane for damage mitigation.

Actually have some nice gear that would transfer over to a wiz so that may be next on my list.

Shifty76

Is this not common knowledge? I play Monk on the side and don't have one yet or anything, but all I seem to hear from everyone is that Odyn Son is preferred for one of the 2 BiS weapons for lightning monks BECAUSE it did scale and other weapons did not (TF, etc).
It is a BiS because the lightning proc is insane and can hit the same target 3 times, vs TF which I think is only once. My Odyn procs consistently hit for 7-8m or so. The +lightning dmg is super nice too.

StMeph

More or less. The changes seem to trim the excess power we have and bring up the bottom to kind of compact Crusader power across the board in terms of gear level. The issue is that I'm not really seeing this being as great end-game right now, especially with the radically different Akarat's Champion in place. We'll see, I have a lot of play testing to do before I can think of anything definite about the changes.

Just from my casual look, it seems like only the very specific strong crusader builds that required multiple specific items got the nerf bat. It improves the crusader from more of a baseline strength level and brings them up overall. More in line with the other classes? Who knows. Will have to see.

I think that's the issue at hand. I don't purport to know Blizzard's intent behind the design for classes or gear, especially when tackling the highest difficulty level, but it seems like the only things that were formerly viable in T6 have been slapped back down to earth for Crusaders.

In general, was it a buff overall? Sure. Passives seem to be significantly improved, and the other, lesser-used skills seem to be buffed. But they were less-used for good reasons, and the new buffs probably won't be enough to make them attractive. Our (only) set is significantly nerfed too, since the skill it revolves around boosting has been substantially changed.

So Crusaders were buffed for T1-T4, nerfed for T6.

scy

This is basically the goal. My only concern is that it makes gearing into T5/T6 harder, really, and kind of negates a lot of the value of our set. I mean, perma-Akarat's is still valuable for +35% Damage and some amount of Wrath Regeneration but it's really just not the same as allowing for a variety of cooldown-based builds that we had access to before. If nothing else, at least the other runes will be usable now.

So Crusaders were buffed for T1-T4, nerfed for T6.

Basically. A lot of Crusader's issues could be linked entirely to our item dependency for builds. At the very least, you were looking at needing Gyrfalcon's OR our entire set. These changes serve to make entry level a lot easier but I'm not really sure yet on the end. It's currently looking like perma-Akarat's + Fire build or perma-Akarat's + Fate of the Fell. Which basically means we're still in the same end-game gearing of wanting our full set but getting to those middle Torments should be less frustrating.

MrDaravon

It is a BiS because the lightning proc is insane and can hit the same target 3 times, vs TF which I think is only once. My Odyn procs consistently hit for 7-8m or so. The +lightning dmg is super nice too.

Fair enough, I just specifically hear people say over and over that it did scale with lightning damage as the main reason. Good to know though!

eek5

Oops. Thanks for the new info :)

Monk is fine.

Until you get out of T1/T2 and start to see the limits and then T5/T6 just becomes a "but where's our broken equip?!"
Even up to T3 monk is very fun. It just doesn't scale up like the other classes even when you start getting really good/rare/hardtoget rolls.

The wave of light damage buff and addition of fire rune has me interested. A cindercoat and two piece crimsons set would reduce it's cost by almost half. Could be interesting to spam with epiphany too.

Unless they fixed GNK proc able to hit twice (and even if they did), fire LTK should still outpace WoL by a LOT. I don't see how WoL can compete. The weapon dmg% is about the same with GNK and you can spam even more w/ a cindercoat (assuming you can get one with your 2res on it........) otherwise you're stuck below T4 and at that point any fire skill will do lol.

The only thing that I might change is switching out LTK for WoL on my lightning monk since I use mythic rhythm on that monk.

This is basically the goal. My only concern is that it makes gearing into T5/T6 harder, really, and kind of negates a lot of the value of our set. I mean, perma-Akarat's is still valuable for +35% Damage and some amount of Wrath Regeneration but it's really just not the same as allowing for a variety of cooldown-based builds that we had access to before. If nothing else, at least the other runes will be usable now.

The thing replacing Rally with is fucking goofy as shit. At the very least it should have some relationship to CDR builds. 12s might give you a second heavy hitter, maybe. It should be a flat CDR percentage at the very least. The rune is effectively useless after the skill activation where if you compare with what you can get as a wizard using a similar rune (a nuclear explosion) its immensely shit.

Totakeke

Fires of Heaven builds with 6pc got insane amount of buffs though. I've compared BoP and FoH builds on my crusader and I found them equal with BoP slightly better on trash and FoH much better on bosses. To me it's at least as viable as BoP is at higher torments. I believe why it's far less popular than BoP is because it is much more gear dependant and people who have it don't roll or aren't capable of rolling for wrath regen either.

In this patch FoH builds got...

• Fires of Heaven : Now deals 960% (up from 735%) weapon damage
  • Akarat's Champion - Reworked: Now increases the hero's damage by 35% and the Wrath regeneration by 10 for 20 seconds; Removed from tooltip: "The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health."
  • Laws of Valor Cooldown is now 30 (down from 45) seconds
  • Slash Now deals 230% (up from 190%) weapon damage
    Zeal : Grants 1% increased Attack Speed for every enemy hit for 3 seconds. This effect now stacks up to 10 (up from 5) times.

which should make FoH builds far better than the others barring further testing of the new changes.

Also, some amount of wrath regen is really underselling the Akkhan set. With wrath cost reduction plus wrath regeneration, it quadruples the amount of spenders you can cast.

Hm... between Fervor (15% CDR if using a 1-handed weapon), Towering Shield (30% CDR on Shield Glare), and the high CDR from equipment that Crusaders generally build for, you could get a really low cooldown on Shield Glare. Wonder if there's something interesting you can do there.

Dahbomb

Patch is live I am in there.

First thing I checked and indeed they lowered the price of unsocketing. 525,000 to remove 3 max tier gems from chest.

Edit#1: Pride's Fall Unity bug is fixed.

MrDaravon

Patch is live I am in there.

First thing I checked and indeed they lowered the price of unsocketing. 525,000 to remove 3 max tier gems from chest.

Edit#1: Pride's Fall Unity bug is fixed.

Thanks for posting, wasn't expecting it to be up yet! We have full patch notes anywhere yet? Wondering what the system level/bug changes were like that.

Dahbomb

No full patch notes and the Anniversary/community buffs aren't live either.

But the character changes and other system changes are live. I am already playing with the new Awareness and it has pushed my DHs toughness above 10 million. I replaced Ambush for it.

Edit: +% damage bug on non black damage types for weapon is also fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom