• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Did Fires of Heaven rune get rebuffed or not? It's not in the patch notes

FoH is nearly back to where it was.

Also, am I crazy or are hammers back to pimp status? I've been going through builds for a while and just decided to try it and man, they're hitting hard. I don't even have any real % gear either.

traveler

Not Wario
-Shield Bash should now more reliably hit targets close to the Crusader
-If Shield Bash causes the player to charge an enemy, the enemy will now be rooted for 1 second on cast
-Shield Bash now has smart targeting
If you are targeting an area more than 10 yards away from you and click on nothing, the closest target to your click point, within 10 yards, will be charged

:O

Must test now! Ability may actually be worth something.

Insaniac

Hey guys I rolled some 20% Light dmg/6% Crit Reapers wraps. Is a lightning barb or crusader build worthwhile? (Specifically crusader since I have more gear for it)

bcl0328

You don't have to wear it.

It was easy to miss in the notes, but the counter now persists through unequipping. That means people can now put them in their inventory and swap them on like Nemesis Bracers whenever there's an eligible item on the ground.

Edit: counter, not effect

my question is, before or after it drops? if an item is already on the ground and you equip it, will he pick it up? do you have to equip it first then open an armor rack or whatever? can you horde all whites til the end and let him pick them up?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
my question is, before or after it drops? if an item is already on the ground and you equip it, will he pick it up? do you have to equip it first then open an armor rack or whatever? can you horde all whites til the end and let him pick them up?

I expect it will pick up items on the ground that haven't been touched yet even if the goblin is summoned after they drop, but can't say for sure until I can try it out.

Krassus

i can tell you that test environments and production environments are totally different. this bug may have happened when it was pushed.

I would think Blizzard has testers running scripts in a UAT environment where the patch is deployed to them before us?

NFC if its true just how it works with another company

jblank83

I expect it will pick up items on the ground that haven't been touched yet even if the goblin is summoned after they drop, but can't say for sure until I can try it out.

Yes, that's how it works. The goblin picks up any white items on the ground, regardless of when they dropped. I've thrown junk on the ground for it from my inventory before and it snatches them up.

I just did a real world test to confirm and it is so. Took ring off. Spawned an item in Battlefields. Put ring on. Goblin picked up item.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. I took the ring off and spawned a white item from Battlefields. Put it in my inventory. Went back to town. Summoned goblin. Threw item on ground. It wouldn't pick it up.

So there are some limitations. Not sure exactly what the step that breaks it is, though. Would need to test a little more.

EDIT 2: Did a little more testing. It's picking up the item that breaks it. So as long as you don't pickup the white item, it doesn't matter if the goblin is up when the item drops or not. You can go through and clear out an area, then put the ring on, but you can't pickup all the white items as you go, then dump them for the gob to pickup.

Why would I play as anything other than a Crusader now?

I was really hoping for some monk fixes. Seeing how massively they changed Crusaders, while just changing a few elements for monks, makes me really dispirited.

Celegus

Oh, I worded that badly. It's not like the goblin would stick around with the ring unequipped, but the counter does persist, so you can just put the ring on when you need to gather white items and eventually get your legendary out of it. (in theory)

Does the goblin pick up whites that you dropped? Like pick up all the whites during a run, then drop them on the ground and put the ring on? I'll have to try that later.

Edit: Didn't figure it would. Still though, I have a couple decent puzzle rings I'll throw on to try. Maybe stick one on a follower?

bcl0328

Yes, that's how it works. The goblin picks up any white items on the ground, regardless of when they dropped. I've thrown junk on the ground for it from my inventory before and it snatches them up.

I just did a real world test to confirm and it is so. Took ring off. Spawned an item in Battlefields. Put ring on. Goblin picked up item.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. I took the ring off and spawned a white item from Battlefields. Put it in my inventory. Went back to town. Summoned goblin. Threw item on ground. It wouldn't pick it up.

So there are some limitations. Not sure exactly what the step that breaks it is, though. Would need to test a little more.

so if i equip my ring and drop my 2 stashes full of whites he will pick them all up?

edit: nvm saw your edit.

The item can't come from your inventory or anyone else's.

Celegus

farming t2 for the caches doesnt seem worth it.

If you've got crazy high damage I'm sure it is. I can clear T1 basically as fast as normal, so I've generally stuck with that in the offchance of getting something good. Now there's even more of a reason.

servbotx

Banned
Now that Charged Up is a chance at doing damage based on proc %'s, is it still a useful addition for Heaven's Fury or Blesssed Shield?

I'm at work now, so I can't access the proc coefficients.

farming t2 for the caches doesnt seem worth it.

I figured the bounty change wouldn't have much of an impact. Someone WILL collect 50 normal caches and 50 T3 caches and do a comparison though. I'm interested in seeing some data on that.

I only do bounties now for the rift frags. Normal is still best for that so I'll probably stick to it (unless they increased the frags from caches, and I don't recall seeing that in the patch notes).

Also, I have a puzzle ring. I may consider keeping that in my inventory. It's not like I need to salvage white items yet. I'm sitting on 5000+ reusable parts.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god the fixed crusader passives look like so much fun to mess with.

I love that their is a legit 1 handed weapon passive now, that's really cool. I wish that they had done a bit more to Falling Sword instead of just ramp up the damage insanely but I'll take whatever I can get :p

jersoc

If you've got crazy high damage I'm sure it is. I can clear T1 basically as fast as normal, so I've generally stuck with that in the offchance of getting something good. Now there's even more of a reason.

t1 sure, but that won't get you the other legs. t2 isnt much slower, but i have to take more defensive skills that slow me down a bit.

Um, yeah, not really sure if I'm feeling plague of toads. I feel like it does a lot less damage than when I was using firebats. Plague of toads spawns a SHIT load of fetishes though.

kirblar

Um, yeah, not really sure if I'm feeling plague of toads. I feel like it does a lot less damage than when I was using firebats. Plague of toads spawns a SHIT load of fetishes though.
Do you have the flayer? I wouldn't use the non-Rain/Giant Toad versions without it.

Dammit, click on thread out of curiosity only to discover awesome patch notes.

lWovNFM.gif

After some quick testing, I think I'll stick with firebats. Damage is too good. Takes longer to spawn fetishes, though, but not by a vast margin. The more enemies you hit, the better.

Discobird

Rift density feel higher to anyone else?

I only did five or six rifts this morning, so not a big sample size, but the Ruins to Corvus map was crammed to the gills every time it came up, to the point where we had a quadruple elite pack stair trap in one of our runs (three yellow elites and one blue pack). This map used to be nearly as empty as Pandemonium Fortress.

JoeMartin

Is it possible for The Tall Man's Finger to have +% to Physical?

Mine really isn't that good, not terribly sure why I kept it in the first place. Rerolled it once and got a decent damage roll, but dog modifier wasn't good enough at the time to warrant further flawless imperials.

sEs9mKv.png

I had originally rerolled the LoH on it, not sure if rerolling the primary stats would yield different results, looks like a no right now tho.

XRoNQvf.png

scy

After some quick testing, I think I'll stick with firebats. Damage is too good. Takes longer to spawn fetishes, though, but not by a vast margin. The more enemies you hit, the better.

Humorously, I feel like my damage went up in general and it takes basically no time at all to hit 15+ Fetishes. Firebats do nothing compared to that and aren't nearly as mobile.

ElyrionX

Zzz the Vyr set was not buffed as I was hoping it to be.

So basically, one of the two classes that can do T6 solo comfortably got massively buffed while nearly everyone else remains status quo. What kind of balancing is this shit?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ok, so crashes have been happening for people after 2.0.5. But apparently massive FPS drops have been plaguing people as well.

My group was going through a rift and every champ/elite pack would cause FPS drops. If they had ground effects it would drop into the 5-20 fps range.

This is happening over multiple configurations as well:
  • Intel HD4000 on an i5
  • GTX 580
  • GTX 770
This was non-existent before the patch, so something else must have broken along with the crashes.

Hopefully this will be hotfixed, but report here if you're having FPS issues as well.
So far it's:
  • Granadier
  • FaidSint
  • Solus

J0dy77

Anyone want to split farm T2 bounties tonight? I'm Kynes in clan. (wish there was a way to match my gaf and battle.net name).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom