• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

All you guys thinking of jumping on the crusader hype train post-patch, I wouldn't quit your day job. I think I'm going to have to jump down to t1 just to get gear that might be viable now.

Class is back to slogging through content at a snails pace. The 30% damage reduction is nice, but it's about the opposite that was needed for the class. Were people really having trouble with toughness before the patch?? This class needed some serious wrath gen/cooldown improvements and it really didn't get any. It feels slower than ever to me at first glance.

Hopefully some smarter folks than I will find some good builds.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is big. I'm going to be dumping everything I can get into getting Marauder's boots from her now. Need that one piece for such a huge upgrade.

I will farm up 500 shards for tomorrow and try to get my second piece.

eek5

Anyone else notice this other gem they snuck in at the end of the patch notes? Bye bye hell rift farming abuse for that sweet sweet gold.

GF buff though. I think the best gold right now might be to stack a shitload of GF then do T6 on level like 61-65 lol

Just gear up then offer to power level people from 61-66 in power level community. EZ GOLD

Celegus

Woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Hopped on quick during my lunch break and opened up all my caches from yesterday and finally got a RoRG!!! THEY EXIST! The dream is real!

It kind of sucks and I don't even care! MY PRECIOUS!

eek5

All you guys thinking of jumping on the crusader hype train post-patch, I wouldn't quit your day job. I think I'm going to have to jump down to t1 just to get gear that might be viable now.

Class is back to slogging through content at a snails pace. The 30% damage reduction is nice, but it's about the opposite that was needed for the class. Were people really having trouble with toughness before the patch?? This class needed some serious wrath gen/cooldown improvements and it really didn't get any. It feels slower than ever to me at first glance.

Look on the bright side. At least you aren't monk. lololol

Totakeke

I never really used blessed shield much and I don't know what builds you are using, but I just blessed shield combust and shattering throw out with the new passives and it's really not that bad. Definitely much better than I expected out of the nerf.

They did nerf wrath regen though :/. It even hit the templar skill.

J0dy77

As someone who hasn't really played much of the monk, what exactly is wrong with them? From the little I did play, Exploding Palm & Seven-Sided Strike both seemed really good. Not trying to start a fight; I'm honestly interested to hear what the major problems are since monks seems to get more complaints than any other class.

7 sided is pretty terrible and the class doesn't scale well at all. You come to a point where you just hit a wall and can't keep up in damage. That fire build that was posted a little earlier in the thread is interesting and I'll have to test it but their progression options are extremely limited at this point.

Dahbomb

As someone who hasn't really played much of the monk, what exactly is wrong with them? From the little I did play, Exploding Palm & Seven-Sided Strike both seemed really good. Not trying to start a fight; I'm honestly interested to hear what the major problems are since monks seems to get more complaints than any other class.
*Spirit generators don't build enough Spirit for the cost of their spirit spenders nor do they do enough damage. Wave of Light is a WHOPPING 75 spirit to cast, you need to attack like 7 times to be able to use one Wave of Light.

*Lack of variety in good Spirit spender moves. LTK is the best one but it lacks AOE. WoL has good AOE but lacks efficiency or good Legendaries to pair it up with (there is one that makes it free if you kill enemies but that's only good for trash mobs).

*The absolute WORST Set pieces out of all the classes... by a wide margin. It's much better to just use neutral set pieces like Aughild than the Monkey set or the Lightning set.

*They are attached to the Dodge main attribute which sucks because it can't dodge the stuff that actually kills you. While DH can just stay out of range of Plague/Molten pools, Monks have to fight in it which means they have to pick more defensive attributes.

*Because Monks need more resistances than any other class they are pigeonholed into using OWE passive. This also means that they have to have the secondary resistance on gear to compete with other classes in terms of toughness. It's a pain in the ass to try to gear a Monk because of this as they need 4 out of 5 stats to be good on gear compared to other classes which need 3 out of 4.

*Monks severely lack offensive passives. They have decent defensive skills but there are no big damage boosting passives like for example Archery. Plus because they are melee and Dexterity class they need to have AT LEAST 2 defensive passives to survive higher Torments.

*Most of their class specific Legendaries aren't that great either. They have Gyana Na Kushu... and that's about it. You can use the Tailwind rune Daibo for fast Bounty Clears but aside from that there aren't any insane Monk Legendaries like say a Crusader has.

Exploding Palm is what makes them an excellent support class but without it they have trouble in higher Torments solo. If there was a way for another class to use an Exploding Palm like skill (ie a skill that scales off of monster HP and then explodes for that damage) there would be NO REASON to have Monks in your groups for T6.

I think the best Monk build is to stack enough CDR to have permanent Epiphany + Serenity to spam LTKs. Pretty sure they would eventually nerf that because having permanent invulnerability is not something Blizzard is too keen on. Aside from that they have a much time on higher Torments than any other class.

Tom Penny

They do like 6-8 times less damage than some classes..

Shifty76

It means if you reroll VIT on an item you can still get VIT and something else as possible enchants, but not both VIT and VIT.

This situation:

-> Reroll Vit 708
-> New Roll 1: Vit 666
-> New Roll 2: Vit 685

will no longer happen.

So in order to bump your re-rolled crit chance from 5% up to 6% you now have to first roll the cc off the item before playing the slot machine to get cc back on it. Great.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have a tall man's ring on my WD I haven't been using. Maybe I will now.

Hearing lots of people saying their client crashes as soon as they enter a rift. Anyone?

I've tried to do two rifts so far, one crashed trying to port back to town after salvaging (before the guardian spawn too -_-), the other crashed just randomly in the middle of combat. So. No more rifts for me for a while I guess =P

Dahbomb

Been getting a lot of crashes, not worth playing until its fixed.

Why can't we get a Blizzard patch where they don't break something?

So in order to bump your re-rolled crit chance from 5% up to 6% you now have to first roll the cc off the item before playing the slot machine to get cc back on it. Great.
I don't think that's the case... you can still get crit chance again but won't get double crit chance rolls.

So far so good with all the changes to Crusader. The gold drops are noticeably better all ready. Time to finally sort out my Goldskin armor and do some gold farming and complete my gem upgrades

I am also half tempted to jump ship on my holy build and go back to lightning with the rune switch ups.

jblank83

No. As said ("if you have VIT you can still get VIT"), what you have on the item is a possible enchant, but it won't show up twice.

Wording isn't that confusing, tbqh.

This won't happen:

-> Reroll Vit 708
-> New Roll 2: Vit 685

This can happen:

-> Reroll Vit 708
-> New Roll 2: All Res 85

RDreamer

Monk has a lot of problems, but a big one keeping them from progressing is that their sets suck ass. Basically item progression in D3 right now goes that you start torment with some rares and maybe a few decent generic legendaries. Then you get to torment 2 or 3 with some of the bigger legendaries. Then you start stacking elemental damage and elite damage on those legendaries to maybe get to T4 or so. Then, to get past that you need to stack class sets and/or find some of the REALLY legendaries or use combinations to kind of "break the game." Monk can't do that because their sets just suck. Like hugely. They don't even compare to some of the others. For instance my DH after 4 pieces gets to call out ALL her companions. She gets ALL the active and passive abilities from every companion AT THE SAME TIME. Monk's set bonus after 4? 15% lightning damage. Oh boy!

That along with the fact that their damage is so low compared to others means they're just utility in parties past T4.

Boogdud

Gain 6 wrath per block & the 15% CDR (plus AS) with 1-handed passives seems pretty serious to me.

Guess you could conceivably use Shield Glare to supplement wrath gen as well (with the 30% CDR passive).

Niether one of that does a thing for your dps since it's a wash. You're losing damage using a 1h for cdr/as. Shield glare is a waste if you're using provoke, nevermind you're losing yet another dps slot by using it.

I really feel like this patch put the class right back to where it was before the last patch. Oh well.

Seriously, wrath and cooldowns were the 2 things people bitched about pre 2.04 (and rightly so) and they've done nothing for it.

I think the only thing we can do now is chase the fire gear dragon rather than a jekang/gryh

eek5

I think the best Monk build is to stack enough CDR to have permanent Epiphany + Serenity to spam LTKs. Pretty sure they would eventually nerf that because having permanent invulnerability is not something Blizzard is too keen on. Aside from that they have a much time on higher Torments than any other class.

These monks are all snapshotting damage right now w/ epiphany too (harringtons or blinding flash). Once that bug gets fixed monks will drop down another notch.

Dahbomb

These monks are all snapshotting damage right now w/ epiphany too (harringtons or blinding flash). Once that bug gets fixed monks will drop down another notch.
This makes sense.... I was like how the hell are they doing that much damage?

garath

Wow. What a patch.

Horadric Caches
Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI

I love this. Truly I do. That and Kadala dropping torment only items. So nice.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
*Spirit generators don't build enough Spirit for the cost of their spirit spenders nor do they do enough damage. Wave of Light is a WHOPPING 75 spirit to cast, you need to attack like 7 times to be able to use one Wave of Light.

*Lack of variety in good Spirit spender moves. LTK is the best one but it lacks AOE. WoL has good AOE but lacks efficiency or good Legendaries to pair it up with (there is one that makes it free if you kill enemies but that's only good for trash mobs).

*The absolute WORST Set pieces out of all the classes... by a wide margin. It's much better to just use neutral set pieces like Aughild than the Monkey set or the Lightning set.

*They are attached to the Dodge main attribute which sucks because it can't dodge the stuff that actually kills you. While DH can just stay out of range of Plague/Molten pools, Monks have to fight in it which means they have to pick more defensive attributes.

*Because Monks need more resistances than any other class they are pigeonholed into using OWE passive. This also means that they have to have the secondary resistance on gear to compete with other classes in terms of toughness. It's a pain in the ass to try to gear a Monk because of this as they need 4 out of 5 stats to be good on gear compared to other classes which need 3 out of 4.

*Monks severely lack offensive passives. They have decent defensive skills but there are no big damage boosting passives like for example Archery. Plus because they are melee and Dexterity class they need to have AT LEAST 2 defensive passives to survive higher Torments.

*Most of their class specific Legendaries aren't that great either. They have Gyana Na Kushu... and that's about it. You can use the Tailwind rune Daibo for fast Bounty Clears but aside from that there aren't any insane Monk Legendaries like say a Crusader has.

Exploding Palm is what makes them an excellent support class but without it they have trouble in higher Torments solo. If there was a way for another class to use an Exploding Palm like skill (ie a skill that scales off of monster HP and then explodes for that damage) there would be NO REASON to have Monks in your groups for T6.

"We feel monks are in a good situation." -Blizzard

Good list of issues.

neoism

blizzard REALLY REALLY first time seeing this in 700 hours

-__________________________-

izGdzwCvVskpo.png

scy

Niether one of that does a thing for your dps since it's a wash. You're losing damage using a 1h for cdr/as. Shield glare is a waste if you're using provoke, nevermind you're losing yet another dps slot by using it.

I really feel like this patch put the class right back to where it was before the last patch. Oh well.

Seriously, wrath and cooldowns were the 2 things people bitched about pre 2.04 (and rightly so) and they've done nothing for it.

I think the only thing we can do now is chase the fire gear dragon rather than a jekang/gryh

You're not losing that much damage going 1H if your 1H is legitimately good. Honestly, the gear floor was lowered by a fair amount here in general. You should across the board be doing more damage at the low-end. It's really just the super high-end where we lost stuff (or, rather, shifted stuff).

Dahbomb

i can tell you've never coded before lol
I can understand that stuff breaks when you make big changes but do they not test these things before putting it live?

Like it's pretty obvious that Rifts are crashing the game... you are telling me no one at Blizzard saw this before putting it live?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I can understand that stuff breaks when you make big changes but do they not test these things before putting it live?

Like it's pretty obvious that Rifts are crashing the game... you are telling me no one at Blizzard saw this before putting it live?

There's a lot of variables to account for when the game runs on millions of user computers.

Sometimes things don't work right after deployment, tis life.

Celegus

Is it happening to everyone though? It's not easy to test every possible situation, maybe all their test cases turned out fine. Sometimes you just have to let the baby out of the nest and hope for the best, then clean up the mess afterwards if it turns out baby can't fly just yet.

It's in the patch notes and it got buffed to around where it was before the previous nerf.

DH players are saying Marauder 6 piece bonus is beast now.

Must have missed it. Yeah I saw the notes on the set. Definitely want to see some video of that

I like how they chose to ignore that the shadow set existed lol

neoism

I salvaged my puzzle ring ages ago :(

yep I really dont know why blizz does this that ring when I used it for like 10 hours or so basically only fucking ate every white item I got before I really knew I needed to keep some of them... then they make it useful 2 months after the fact when no one cares anymore.. :/

eek5

This makes sense.... I was like how the hell are they doing that much damage?

My monk isn't even that great but I can snapshot to the point where my shadow clones are doing about 17-19m crits which makes T2/T3 rifts really easy. I EP dash with the epiph teleport then TR away and have my clone kill the EP target as I rush away. So stronk lol.

It's going to be sad when they fix this.

jblank83

It's just an extra drop. "Doubling" a chance at a legendary sounds bigger than it is. If you go from .01% to .02%, it's still a rare event. You'll do just as well killing lots of elites.

It wouldn't be worth wearing a crappy Puzzle Ring over even a good rare trifecta ring. It's just a nice bonus if you do have a good one.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It's just an extra drop. "Doubling" a chance at a legendary sounds bigger than it is. If you go from .01% to .02%, it's still a rare event. You'll do just as well killing lots of elites.

It wouldn't be worth wearing a crappy Puzzle Ring over even a good rare trifecta ring. It's just a nice bonus if you do have a good one.

You don't have to wear it.

It was easy to miss in the notes, but the counter now persists through unequipping. That means people can now put them in their inventory and swap them on like Nemesis Bracers whenever there's an eligible item on the ground.

Edit: counter, not effect

bcl0328

i can tell you that test environments and production environments are totally different. this bug may have happened when it was pushed.

jblank83

You don't have to wear it.

It was easy to miss in the notes, but the effect now persists through unequipping. That means people can now put them in their inventory and swap them on like Nemesis Bracers whenever there's an eligible item on the ground.

Ah. The way I read it is that the counter isn't reset upon unequipping or death, not that the entire effect persists.

Hmm, that is nice.

Edit: counter, not effect
Yah, just checked. Still not bad. A little more work than I'd want to put into a single drop but not bad.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Workaround for rift crash:

We currently have an issue that may cause some players to crash when entering a Nephalem Rift or changing areas. We are currently working on a potential fix for this, but in the meantime we have a workaround that may help.

- Open your Options menu (press esc).
- Locate the Speaker Setup menu under Sound options.
- Select "Stereo" in the dropdown and hit Accept.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674629695

Ah. The way I read it is that the counter continues, not the entire effect.

Hmm, that is nice.

Oh, I worded that badly. It's not like the goblin would stick around with the ring unequipped, but the counter does persist, so you can just put the ring on when you need to gather white items and eventually get your legendary out of it. (in theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom