• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Ok, so crashes have been happening for people after 2.0.5. But apparently massive FPS drops have been plaguing people as well.

My group was going through a rift and every champ/elite pack would cause FPS drops. If they had ground effects it would drop into the 5-20 fps range.

This is happening over multiple configurations as well:
  • Intel HD4000 on an i5
  • GTX 580
  • GTX 770
This was non-existent before the patch, so something else must have broken along with the crashes.

Hopefully this will be hotfixed, but report here if you're having FPS issues as well.
So far it's:
  • Granadier
  • FaidSint
  • Solus

Try turning off sound completely and see if that helps. A lot of frame drops in the game can be massively reduced if you turn off sound. It's just a really poorly optimized game.

traveler

Not Wario
Zzz the Vyr set was not buffed as I was hoping it to be.

So basically, one of the two classes that can do T6 solo comfortably got massively buffed while nearly everyone else remains status quo. What kind of balancing is this shit?

There were two spec variants that let crusaders do t6 comfortably. One had its chief source of damage halved in effectiveness. The other had its core skill killed entirely. While the gearless crusader is unquestionably stronger, it remains to be seen how the class handles t6 now.

JoeMartin

I play with sound off all the time and haven't noticed a frame rate issue.

However I'm crashing like a motherfucker. Fucking pointless opening my own rifts right now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Try turning off sound completely and see if that helps. A lot of frame drops in the game can be massively reduced if you turn off sound. It's just a really poorly optimized game.

That would make sense if there was the same issue before the patch, but I've been playing D3 since launch with the same setup and have never experienced it.

I'm testing the "set sound to stereo" fix for the crashes to see if it's related.

Also would hugely appreciate an invite to the gaf guild.

NeoGAF is full unfortunately.

scy

Zzz the Vyr set was not buffed as I was hoping it to be.

So basically, one of the two classes that can do T6 solo comfortably got massively buffed while nearly everyone else remains status quo. What kind of balancing is this shit?

If this is in reference to Crusaders, do note that our T6 build(s) just got nerfed.

Also, Wizards are like ... really strong right now. The Elemental Archons are a big deal.

The Cowboy

At the risk of sounding pretty derpy, can you explain what this is? I thought all the fixed was the Vyr's set bonus. What am I missing.
The Vyr's set bonus gives all Archon runes and due to how the Archon rune setup has been changed in this patch (in that certain runes change the Archon damage type), the set bonus has been adjusted to makes it so every Archon attack is changed to your highest amount of +elemental damage.

So, if you have the full Vyr's set and have +90% fire damage, all Archon attacks will be fire based, or if you have 90% cold damage all Archon attacks will be cold based etc.

This is the change.
•Vyr's Amazing Arcana •Will now choose which element to use based on the player's highest +% Elemental Damage type

jblank83

Ok, so crashes have been happening for people after 2.0.5. But apparently massive FPS drops have been plaguing people as well.

My group was going through a rift and every champ/elite pack would cause FPS drops. If they had ground effects it would drop into the 5-20 fps range.

This isn't a new problem and it's not the fault of anyone's hardware. I have an r9 290 (a $500 GPU), a 4.4 ghz overclocked 2550k, 8 gb ram, Diablo installed to a $450 solid state hard drive, and a $200 dedicated sound card. I've set sound channels to low and added the entire Diablo folder to my antivirus software's exception list. Yet I still get huge frame drops.

I'm almost certain the problem is density of certain particle effects. This is especially noticeable in several levels of the game that have ambient particle effects in the background or foreground, notably the Bridge of Korisk and other similar levels that have fire/flame/lava particle effects. It's even more noticeable now with more elite/champ packs running around spamming their screen-wide spells.

I'd give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, wondering at a manufacturer driver problem, if this was not a universal problem, regardless of GPU brand, regardless of GPU strength.

You'll see an improvement in performance by using the "Low FX" option. Even with Low FX, I still get big frame drops in the aforementioned areas. On weaker hardware, even with Low FX people with weak GPUs might not notice an improvement.

Ultimately, Blizzard needs to go back and reduce the density of the particles in those effects.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Aha, there was a catch to the new fetish sycophants spawning mechanic after all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/25guus/undocumented_change_witch_doctor_fetishes_are_now/

- 15 fetish cap
- Fetish Sycophants don't get the normal pet force armour, but Fetish Army ones do. (edit: apparently this was true before the patch)
- Fetish Army ones get replaced by sycophants when you hit the cap (probably a bug)

Some good news about The Big Dog:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/25h14r/tall_mans_finger_analysistesting/

Damage scales with your dog count as expected and you also get the full Life on Hit you would have collectively gotten from them. (Very nice that they handled that detail)

It's a good time to be a WD.

ElyrionX

If this is in reference to Crusaders, do note that our T6 build(s) just got nerfed.

Also, Wizards are like ... really strong right now. The Elemental Archons are a big deal.

It was in reference to WDs actually.

I just don't see how Archon got buffed, really. The only real difference it makes is for fire Wiz and even so, having Archon is not exactly a big deal for people who were running MM Conflag or WoW builds previously.

If they had made Vyr Archon deal all four elemental damages then that would have been a real game changer but of course, this is Blizzard and no fun is allowed. So for now, only Barbs, WD and DH have real endgame set items. Rest of us can continue miring in our T3 ghetto.

Discobird

ElyrionX

Aha, there was a catch to the new fetish sycophants spawning mechanic after all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/25guus/undocumented_change_witch_doctor_fetishes_are_now/

- 15 fetish cap
- Fetish Sycophants don't get the normal pet force armour, but Fetish Army ones do. (edit: apparently this was true before the patch)
- Fetish Army ones get replaced by sycophants when you hit the cap (probably a bug)

Some good news about The Big Dog:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/25h14r/tall_mans_finger_analysistesting/

Damage scales with your dog count as expected and you also get the full Life on Hit you would have collectively gotten from them. (Very nice that they handled that detail)

It's a good time to be a WD.

Shit is getting ridiculous. WD is the least-played class right? Is that why they are getting all these buffs?

ZenaxPure

Well, for the like 3 barbs playing other than me I wouldn't worry too much about the leap quake change as long as you're fire (which I assume everyone is). I just swapped out earthen might for unforgiving and went and did some bounties/rifts and I'm not really fury starved. 3 leaps + threat shout + war cry is around 80 fury not too mention the passive fury generated from unforgiving. With a cindercoat and paragon RCR my HoTA only costs 13 fury. It's not really the end of the world from that perspective....

But what is fucked is this leap animation. They absolutely should have went the other direction and the made the male leap as fast as the female. Getting off 3 leaps now takes close to 4 seconds which sucks for clearing white mobs. The group I usually play with already were killing white packs by the time I was done with the third leap so it will be a bit more weird now.

In the end though I'm still doing T6.... so I guess I shouldn't be upset?
Still am a bit salty though

Im elated that kadala drops the torment level leg/set items now, but how the hell does this affect progress? Not that I care, but people in knuckle dragging mouth breather level gear doing rifts on normal, then just gamble for the set gear. It would have made more sense to create a torment only shard that drops that can be used as currency to gamble.

Sucks I have to work tonight, but I have 400+ shards waiting for me when I get home. I only need marauder pants for my 4 pc bonus, then Ill be rocking a CA/zoo hybrid build.

ElyrionX

How would that work exactly

It's a game changer because you would be able to stack any elemental damage and still gain an overall damage boost in Archon. So for example, if you have +20% fire damage from Mage Fist and +25% arcane damage from Moonlight Ward, it would stack to +45% damage in Archon mode if you're wearing full Vyrs and if Vyrs made it such that it dealt all four elemental damages. The synergy here would be immense with items like Triumvirate and the Tal set as well as with passives like Elemental Exposure. It would turn the Vyr set into the true endgame set for the Wiz which is what the class is sorely lacking right now.

jblank83

It's a game changer because you would be able to stack any elemental damage and still gain an overall damage boost in Archon. So for example, if you have +20% fire damage from Mage Fist and +25% arcane damage from Moonlight Ward, it would stack to +45% damage in Archon mode if you're wearing full Vyrs and if Vyrs made it such that it dealt all four elemental damages. The synergy here would be immense with items like Triumvirate and the Tal set as well as with passives like Elemental Exposure. It would turn the Vyr set into the true endgame set for the Wiz which is what the class is sorely lacking right now.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

You mean it would make them incredibly overpowered, and thats coming from my main being a wizard.

CRA5H

Oh so that's how it works in the new patch? I thought it just selected whatever your highest elemental DMG was and uses that rather than stacking all your elemental dmgs...

jblank83

Oh so that's how it works in the new patch? I thought it just selected whatever your highest elemental DMG was and uses that rather than stacking all your elemental dmgs...

No, that's not how it works. The word "would" indicates a scenario that is not yet reality, at least if it's used correctly. The poster is proposing an idea.

CRA5H

Don't make assumptions about intentions and take posts with grace.
It doesn't take a genius to recognize the intent of you defining the word "would" to me.

Anyways..

Having the vyr set now more obtainable through Kadala is truly a blessing. Finding these are agonizing as all I get are Tals.

Just got a tall mans finger drop.

This thing does retarded big dmg. The perfect ring to go with Uhktapian Serpent, 65m crits and 30% dmg mitigation.

The Cowboy

It Having the vyr set now more obtainable through Kadala is truly a blessing. Finding these are agonizing as all I get are Tals.
Indeed, i just need 1 item more piece for the full set bonus and its nice to have an extra source of disappointment (kadala) when i don't get it :D.

Hm... keep at it with the monk I started yesterday, go back to my LV70 demon hunter tank (probably my strongest character) now that Kadala is improved and try to get better weapons & the rest of the Marauder set or go back to my LV70 Crusader now that the entire class has been reworked? Choices, choices, choices.

CRA5H

Indeed, i just need 1 item more piece for the full set bonus and its nice to have an extra source of disappointment (kadala) when i don't get it :D.
Kadala has been pretty generous to me with offhands... Besides the fact that she's given me 5 mirrorballs..... With 1MM. Lol

jblank83

It doesn't take a genius to recognize the intent of you defining the word "would" to me.

Not every poster is an English major or even speaks English as a first language.

I made no assumption about your reading skills. You should make no assumption about my posting intentions.

ElyrionX

You mean it would make them incredibly overpowered, and thats coming from my main being a wizard.

WDs are critting for 2 BILLION (that's a TEN digit yellow damage number) in T6. This wouldn't even bring it anywhere close to that insanity.

And look at Barbs' damage output with Leapquake.

Wizards are versatile and fun now but only up to T3/4. Our T6 options are incredibly limited with WoW/MM Conflag (and other WoW variations) being the main viable build.

The Cowboy

Kadala has been pretty generous to me with offhands... Besides the fact that she's given me 5 mirrorballs..... With 1MM. Lol
She was generous to me at the start and on my WD, but man alive does she hate my Wizard - she never gives her anything good.

jblank83

WDs are critting for 2 BILLION (that's a TEN digit yellow damage number) in T6. This wouldn't even bring it anywhere close to that insanity.

And look at Barbs' damage output with Leapquake.

Wizards are versatile and fun now but only up to T3/4. Our T6 options are incredibly limited with WoW/MM Conflag (and other WoW variations) being the main viable build.

Agree. I have just about every end game legendary a Wizard could want with near perfect rolls, with the exception of a Wand of Woh. Yet I am completely outclassed by a single Gargant. There's just no comparison.

Even with this idea, I'd still have long stretches of downtime where I'm not contributing significantly to group dps. Meanwhile, WD pets can be up indefinitely.

bcl0328

With the changes to Archon and Kadala, what are the best slots to gamble Vyrs and Tal Rasha?

Let's say I am fire. I want to get more Vyrs (got gloves) and some Tals. What are the best pieces in each set?

Chucker

Anyone want to split farm T2 bounties tonight? I'm Kynes in clan. (wish there was a way to match my gaf and battle.net name).

I'm down. I'm giving my clan a few days to show back up before I jump ship (I'm the GM of it).

Chucker#1641 if anybody wants to split farm(Or just regular farm) T2 Bounties.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My friend wanted a Crusader so I just boosted him 1 - 70 in 1 hour 30 minutes, pretty happy with that.

ElyrionX

With the changes to Archon and Kadala, what are the best slots to gamble Vyrs and Tal Rasha?

Let's say I am fire. I want to get more Vyrs (got gloves) and some Tals. What are the best pieces in each set?

There are only four pieces for Vyr and five for Tals. You don't have much choice here. For Fire spec, you definitely want the other three Vyr pieces (chest, pants, boots) so you can use Magefist. For Tals, the source is probably its weakest piece. Tals belt is not great as well given the other leg options for that slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom