• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Try to get the 4 piece bonus with the cindercoat

That's what I've been rolling with now. I have Mara's shoulders, pants, and boots. Then the RRoG makes it 4 piece bonus. I realize just doing that and going fire build is pretty great. Still it's interesting that I'm getting pieces for the full pet build too.

Still kicking myself for converting my dex taskers to int for my WD.... man.....

grats dude :)

yes pet builds are best with physical since all pets do physical damage

that said, the 4 pc marauder's is still pretty good with a fire build for the utility and defensive benefits. Pets just won't be your emphasis in a fire build the way they would be in a physical build.

Yeah the utility of that 4pc bonus is amazingly awesome.

I think part of my build will come down to whether I get a magefist or (another) taskers first. And, well... actually that won't even matter. I'm going to keep the pieces of both styles sitting around. As of right now though Cindercoat is waaaaaaaaaay too OP not to use.

Mumei

MsvcxkZ.png

It's been like this for, oh, three hours.

.... Still going. Anyone else had this issue?

+physical damage for sycophants obviously, but even for Garg with wrathful protector?

edit: Welp, crashed for the first time. I had already set audio to stereo too.

Insaniac

How does rift it forward work? I sit in the chat, send a party invite request when they have a rift ready and get no invites, am I not fast enougH? i'm well enough ready to open a new rift

MartyStu

Them Wizard teleport nerfs :(

Also, if they really want to diversify the elements of skill, they really should take a look at Disintegrate.

At least one of the should be fire.

Totakeke

I actually consider the FoH animation change a significant nerf as it makes it much more difficult to animation cancel. I used to be able to fire them off rapidly, not so anymore... But eh, the damage just got big buffs so not gonna complain.

I don't think you can fire as rapidly as this now even with the same IAS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTegekDYiBE

Ramirez

Well, my Crusader can do T4 pretty fast now, and not really drop health at all unless I get stuck in a sea of Arcane Sentries. If I could just finish up the last few pieces of gear I need, she's pretty much "done", I suppose, lol.

MrDaravon

Watched a DH on Twitch with pretty good (but not godtier) gear and a full Maras set efficiently solo T6 rifts. Fucking madness, but still not as crazy as some of the WD stuff. I'm not sure if this was a change with the buff today to attack speed on the sentries, but if you have multiple spenders equipped the sentries will alternate between them. What makes it hilarious is that the spenders have individual cooldowns, so if you have 2 (or more) spenders equipped it basically just alternates between the two nonstop. He was running the pet build with Frost Arrow and Cluster Arrow, and the sentries were just alternating firing them constantly. You can apparently throw a third spender in there and it'll add it to the rotation, but you don't seem to get any more shots in speed-wise, seems like two is the cap for efficiency there. I may actually try to go for this now, spent around 1k shards tonight trying to get Mara shoulders from Kadala and got a bunch of Death Watch and Zakara shoulders but no set ones.

Dahbomb

Watched a DH on Twitch with pretty good (but not godtier) gear and a full Maras set efficiently solo T6 rifts. Fucking madness, but still not as crazy as some of the WD stuff. I'm not sure if this was a change with the buff today to attack speed on the sentries, but if you have multiple spenders equipped the sentries will alternate between them. What makes it hilarious is that the spenders have individual cooldowns, so if you have 2 (or more) spenders equipped it basically just alternates between the two nonstop. He was running the pet build with Frost Arrow and Cluster Arrow, and the sentries were just alternating firing them constantly. You can apparently throw a third spender in there and it'll add it to the rotation, but you don't seem to get any more shots in speed-wise, seems like two is the cap for efficiency there. I may actually try to go for this now, spent around 1k shards tonight trying to get Mara shoulders from Kadala and got a bunch of Death Watch and Zakara shoulders but no set ones.
This is most curious and interesting.

LFG

Neophyte
How does fatal damage and Akarat's Champion work? I know it restores your health, but the wording confuses me a little... it says "the first time you take fatal damage.." Does that mean you can die only once per game using AC? Or is it per cooldown or what?

Man, I can't believe how good the crusader changes are. I haven't changed a single item or gem and I went from being able to handle T2 rifts ok, to T4 rifts without fuss just by changing up some skills.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Got this from Kadala. Apparently it was perfect and I didn't even know. Thank you based Scy. Nothing is rerolled. Yet.

OZkdWrW.png

Baliis

How does fatal damage and Akarat's Champion work? I know it restores your health, but the wording confuses me a little... it says "the first time you take fatal damage.." Does that mean you can die only once per game using AC? Or is it per cooldown or what?

Its once per AC iirc, I think casting a new one removes the debuff, but I might be wrong.

jblank83

Got this from Kadala. Apparently it was perfect and I didn't even know. Thank you based Scy. Nothing is rerolled. Yet.

If Scy or someone else hadn't told you, what do you imagine you would have changed? Surely not the primary stat, 3 sockets, or fire damage.

That means, possibly, you only needed to learn that all resist (and damage mitigation in general) becomes more and more important as you increase Torment level.

CRA5H

Talk about a huge brain fart.

My plan was to get full Vyrs and tals. I finally got my Tals chest from Kadala and proceeded to empty shards into pants. After maybe 700 shards, Vyrs pants gambled for me but the idiot in me kept looking for Tal Pants (yeah you heard me). I continued to pour in shards into pants waiting for Tals pants. I finally realized there is no such thing and now I am living in regret for wasting maybe 1000 shards on an item that doesn't exist.

This has been my life for the last 2 hours.
Need sleep.

LFG

Neophyte
Its once per AC iirc, I think casting a new one removes the debuff, but I might be wrong.

Thanks. That sounds right. Don't think they'd make a skill that proc'd once per game. And once the debuff is gone, it should be good to go for another death :) At least I hope, lol!

Totakeke

Receiving fatal damage removes the AC buff and grants you a debuff that lasts for the same duration as your AC buff has left. You could recast AC (through CDR, shrines, etc.) before the debuff is gone but you gain another life as if the debuff isn't there. Basically the buff is the one that grants you the extra life. If the buff is gone then you will die the next time you lose all your health.

ZenaxPure

Man, lack of fragments are really killing my playtime lately. I can't believe out of all the changes they made in the patch they neglected fragments, which is my number one (and maybe only real?) complaint. Doing a set of T6 bounties should net me like 25 or 30 fragments. I'd gladly do that over just farming normal mode on my Demon Hunter (which is pretty much as fast as it gets).

Really bothers me because the reality is if you have the gear to do higher torments where the cache legs have a higher chance to drop, you are probably at a point where you have that gear or care more about fragments.

RIF is cool and all, but, I still find it a hassle on higher torments and kinda just prefer using my own fragments.

Not only did they neglect to buff fragments, but they nerfed fragments by making you crash in rifts. All the time. I feel as though I should only be doing bounties until it's fixed...

LFG

Neophyte
Receiving fatal damage removes the AC buff and grants you a debuff that lasts for the same duration as your AC buff has left. You could recast AC (through CDR, shrines, etc.) before the debuff is gone but you gain another life as if the debuff isn't there. Basically the buff is the one that grants you the extra life. If the buff is gone then you will die the next time you lose all your health.

Thanks for the explanation ^^ Clears things up!

Dahbomb

The Marauder buff plus the Kadala set drops has motivated me to complete the 6 piece Marauder set for my DH.

Tomorrow... I will dine in hell!

(after they fix the crashes of course!)

ElyrionX

It's because they had a lot of quality of life issues (doggie-spec dies out aounr T3, too difficult to transition to a new spec because there's not enough flexibility among damage-dealers, DoT-dependent in a game built on high crit) that made it a fun class, but one where you sort of felt like you were quickly capping out around T2-3-4 unless you went with a hyper-specific build requiring certain items.

The Doggy changes are absolutely huge. They're the big reason I (and others) play the class and I'm so happy to see them being insane now.

Yeah but virtually every class caps out around T3/4 without very specific gear and in the case of the Wizard, even with WoW and Mirrorball, T6 is still a giant pain in the ass to run. WD already had the most gamebreaking set in the game that allowed them to faceroll T6 solo the most efficiently and the FA build was also very powerful and easily T2/3 viable with barely any gear requirements. Same goes for the bears build. The class already had all the flexibility of the Wizard class with far greater high Torment potential thanks to Jade Harvester. It's probably the last class that needed to be buffed and yet they got massive buffs this patch.

I'm just salty because I main Wizard and we have got nothing but nerf after nerf to the face since RoS started while WDs have been getting endless amount of buffs. Wiz sets are also overall very mediocre though to be fair I have yet to test the fixed Archon set as I am on vacation now but I don't expect 22% more damage to be anywhere near gamechanging.

tn2007

The Marauder buff plus the Kadala set drops has motivated me to complete the 6 piece Marauder set for my DH.

Tomorrow... I will dine in hell!

(after they fix the crashes of course!)

Do you have a Kridershot? If you do it's amazing because it can free up a slot. For example I use marked for death on now since I don't have to use a hatred builder. I feel like my build is almost complete. I just need some better rolls on my gear and a SoJ/Nat Ring.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WeaponX-1954/hero/47030495
Will probably switch out cull of the weak for something else.

Radec

Ahhhh the fixed Source damage finally puts me into 900k profile dps.

Fire spec wizard with mass cool down reduction for Molton meteor spam should be amazing.

tried it earlier with 50% cdr... ehh.. still not good.

In the time of waiting for another meteor, I can deal much higher damage using wave of force during the same duration.

Archon Combustion is still the best burst right now for Fire Wiz.

Elites literally melts especially if you have Aughilds and/or SoJs.

Promise of Glory + Shield Glare/Zealous Glare + Towering Shield + some CDR is too fun. Against large groups, I blind everybody, fill up my Wrath, and have a good shot at getting Nephalem Glory globes and I do this every 5-6 seconds. :)

I tried restarting the app; I guess I'll try restarting the computer after this episode of Hannibal.

I was wondering about this.

My Mac was doing that this morning too. I patched up fine, then on exit it would hang on that but it eventually worked.

Happened multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom