• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

OMG THESE CHANGES

I CAN'T

THEY EVEN BUFFFED FIRES OF HEAVEN AGAIN

AND THE ANIMATION IS EVEN BETTER NOW

IEcxGV6.gif

WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVESSS

bcl0328

There are only four pieces for Vyr and five for Tals. You don't have much choice here. For Fire spec, you definitely want the other three Vyr pieces (chest, pants, boots) so you can use Magefist. For Tals, the source is probably its weakest piece. Tals belt is not great as well given the other leg options for that slot.

well no magefist yet. got a cindercoat though, and vyrs gloves already. so vyrs gloves, boots, pants?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
well no magefist yet. got a cindercoat though, and vyrs gloves already. so vyrs gloves, boots, pants?

If you're not doing any gear swapping for cooldowns, I'd say think about dropping Tal's and using more cooldown reduction stuff - Born's, Captain Crimson's, whatever fits.

ferr

Kadala mara pants cost = 9.43% mara drop rate or ~1:10, 1:54 leg pants rate, 5 shards each = 270 shards per leg and 2700 shards per mara pants. gonna get me some mara pants.

Does anyone run a Demon Hunter pet build? Ive been tryin it out and its pretty fun, although the damage doesnt compare to my LfB fire build. I think with some gear optimization it could be pretty good. My question is, whats a good hatred spender for it? I was playin around with a few, and frost arrow seemed to work the best.

WOOT, I couldn't remember if I still had it, went to check and SCORE.

Not the greatest rolls and I'll lose out on a hefty chunk of DPS, but...

Probably should get some CHD on there, no?

definitely if your crit is around 50%. Yours was similarly like mine. I rerolled LpH and ended up with 40% after so many tries.

ferr

Does anyone run a Demon Hunter pet build? Ive been tryin it out and its pretty fun, although the damage doesnt compare to my LfB fire build. I think with some gear optimization it could be pretty good. My question is, whats a good hatred spender for it? I was playin around with a few, and frost arrow seemed to work the best.

Physical skills like Chakram since you and your pets would benefit from +physical.

Is crusader out of beta now? I feels like they had no idea what they were doing going by these completely different revision of the passives.

Discobird

Yeah, I'm using a 4 pc Marauder + Garwulf with Shooting Stars build. It's more fun and clears faster than the LFB build for me. My profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Discobird-1370/hero/19327335

CA:SS does a hefty chunk of damage, it doesn't really feel much weaker than LFB to me. The rockets are great for hitting spread out mobs that would otherwise be time consuming to kill with LFB. The downside is that it's less sustainable than LFB without the Cindercoat. Pride's Fall feels like a necessity.

My solo T3 rift times are about 4:30-7:30 minutes, T4 is about 6:30-9:00, and T5 is about 10:00-12:00, depending on map layout. This is the time from entering the rift to spawning the guardian, since the time it takes to kill the guardian depends on how fast I can get RIFers into my game. Solo guardian kills do not take very long with this build though.

It would probably be faster if I had T&T and used Marauder's Pants instead of Hexing, but I don't have those items yet.

Chakram:Razor Disc is the other popular physical spender and it works very well too--bigger AOE than CA:SS and less burst, but it doesn't require the Pride's Fall. MS:Full Broadside and Fan of Knives:Knives Expert both work as well.

People are still exploring the possible 6 pc Marauder builds but so far it seems like the buffs have made the 6 pc extremely strong.

Liking these patch notes. Stupid question but I assume T1 caches can drop Torment specific legendaries as well?

Didn't expect the Hell Rift nerf. That's kinda sad. I guess it was kinda broken that my crappy DH could clear it in 3mins or so on T6 and get 400k gold yet T3 is my max for Rifts.

Well, now I feel stupid. In the tooltip for FS it says they last for 60 seconds. Maybe I should read things more often.

Also, just for the fuck of it I tried T6, and I can solo it. What? Yeah. Well I mean it just takes an extra minute or two, but I was definitely surprised.

Tall Mans Finger is legit. Constantly crits for ~35mil.

And I think I am warming up to Plague of Toads. Oh, I ran out of fetishes? Here is some more.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
NeoGAF is full unfortunately.

What is the max # of people on the clan? If there are people who are there that don't interact or just sitting there then I say boot em. I feel like people have been waiting to get into the clan for a while and I feel it's highly unlikely that there are THAT many active users still.

ZenaxPure

Didn't expect the Hell Rift nerf. That's kinda sad. I guess it was kinda broken that my crappy DH could clear it in 3mins or so on T6 and get 400k gold yet T3 is my max for Rifts.

Yeah I mis-understood the patch notes as I thought they were outright nerfing it. All they did was toss an elite pack in there. I guess that's enough to stop what they want to stop, but, the xp/gold is untouched which is sweet.

scy

What is the max # of people on the clan? If there are people who are there that don't interact or just sitting there then I say boot em. I feel like people have been waiting to get into the clan for a while and I feel it's highly unlikely that there are THAT many active users still.

We literally just purged the clan and merged with the active members of the two overflow clans like a week or so ago. It just filled up a few days ago.

Anyway, it's 150.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
We literally just purged the clan and merged with the active members of the two overflow clans like a week or so ago. It just filled up a few days ago.

Anyway, it's 150.

Well fuck me. I guess I wasn't whining hard enough.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

We just recently shut down the three clans that existed before, (GAF, GAFO, GAFMAX), and created a single clan, NeoGAF, that we invited the active members from the three clans into.
This significantly increased the amount of active people playing throughout the day. Before there were 5-20 people online at a time, or less in the overflow clans, and now there is fairly consistently 40-50 people online.

It's not ideal, but it's what we are trying right now. The clan interface doesn't include "Last Online" information, so trying to cull inactive players would be difficult. The new clan isn't even a month old at this point anyways.

ninjaedit: beaten by scy

kirblar

Shit is getting ridiculous. WD is the least-played class right? Is that why they are getting all these buffs?
It's because they had a lot of quality of life issues (doggie-spec dies out aounr T3, too difficult to transition to a new spec because there's not enough flexibility among damage-dealers, DoT-dependent in a game built on high crit) that made it a fun class, but one where you sort of felt like you were quickly capping out around T2-3-4 unless you went with a hyper-specific build requiring certain items.

The Doggy changes are absolutely huge. They're the big reason I (and others) play the class and I'm so happy to see them being insane now.

Raticus79

150. The activity level is pretty good considering we span time zones - about 40% yesterday and probably higher tonight. We just consolidated 3 clans to 1, so it's pretty much as good as it gets.

I think the GAF community could be a better solution for a group this size in some ways, but there are big downsides. You lose quick join, but most disable that anyway. No roster for members, which sucks. Not sure if member notes are available, so maybe no notes with GAF names. People would need to link legendaries manually. If more than 100 are on, it splits to separate chat channels - annoying, but we'd probably be under that limit most of the time.

On the other hand, they'll be adding more clan stuff in 2.1. I just hope they bump up the clan limit at that point. Lousy situation.

We could use a serious-business approach like using the community as an overflow and letting people bump others off the bottom of the clan if they're beaten by 100 Paragon levels, if people want to be that hardcore about it. Better to fall back on community as overflow than have multiple clans again IMO. Food for thought.

th3dude

Well fuck me. I guess I wasn't whining hard enough.

Now I'm just salty because I've been PMing the officers asking and shit and I didn't even get in.

Honestly, we tried our best to weed out inactives and get people in that played somewhat regularly.

I'm sorry if someone ignored you, but I didn't get any messages from you.

We will have to come up with some way to poll to see if people are active or not so we can make room at some point.

Dahbomb

It's because they had a lot of quality of life issues (doggie-spec dies out aounr T3, too difficult to transition to a new spec because there's not enough flexibility among damage-dealers, DoT-dependent in a game built on high crit) that made it a fun class, but one where you sort of felt like you were quickly capping out around T2-3-4 unless you went with a hyper-specific build requiring certain items.

The Doggy changes are absolutely huge. They're the big reason I (and others) play the class and I'm so happy to see them being insane now.
I think the real turning point was when they made Pets scale with your crit hit damage in the last patch. That not only made Witch Doctors really powerful but it also made Pet DH viable.

Dahbomb

Constantly crashing. Basically unplayable.
This right here. Averaged about 1-2 crashes per Rifts. It also seems to be two different types of crashes... one that throws you to the log in screen and one that boots you to the desktop with the error report message.

I rage quit when I got a Set legendary and it crashed right as I was about to pick it up. Will not play the game until this issue is resolved.

Yeah I mis-understood the patch notes as I thought they were outright nerfing it. All they did was toss an elite pack in there. I guess that's enough to stop what they want to stop, but, the xp/gold is untouched which is sweet.

Ah right, cool. Thanks for that, was going to test after work. That does stop me from doing it on T6 at level 70 but at least I can still do quick 1minute runs in the power levelling community for 100-220k depending on what level.

Raticus79

I think the real turning point was when they made Pets scale with your crit hit damage in the last patch. That not only made Witch Doctors really powerful but it also made Pet DH viable.

I like pet DH a bit better than pet WD due to the tactical options. Turrets are great, the 4 set Marauder's pets have utility, and the 6 set is apparently very strong now. Fetishes are stronger on paper but prone to traffic jams. The Big Dog for WD helps quite a bit with the pathing problems.

Turret style DH is slower, but I like to play a bit laid back.

I'll be sticking with DH mainly for the stat overlap with my monk.

RDreamer

This game doesn't seem to know what to give me for my DH and I don't know which way to go! I got a bunch of the mara's set last week along with a RRoG... then a garuwolf, so I went pet. Then it dropped a cinder coat! So I put that on and it's been fun. Now today it drops a bombardier's rucksack that's rolled really goddamned well (Dex, IAS, Crit, Sentry damage). #firstworldDHproblems

So I guess now I just gather stuff for two builds? Pet builds are better with physical right?

I don't have enough for the 6 set bonus right now anyway, so the rucksack isn't quite as good as it will be in the future. Still nice to have... maybe Kadala can hook me up!

Now I'm just salty because I've been PMing the officers asking and shit and I didn't even get in.

How about we get a 2nd clan going then? I know you guys had too many clans going and shut em down but it doesn't seem like 1 clan is enough with people still asking for invites quite often.

Ultratech

Well, now I feel stupid. In the tooltip for FS it says they last for 60 seconds. Maybe I should read things more often.

Also, just for the fuck of it I tried T6, and I can solo it. What? Yeah. Well I mean it just takes an extra minute or two, but I was definitely surprised.

Tall Mans Finger is legit. Constantly crits for ~35mil.

And I think I am warming up to Plague of Toads. Oh, I ran out of fetishes? Here is some more.

Yeah, playing around with it earlier and it was mad fun.

I put on the Burning Dogs rune and was hitting for similar numbers and the flame aura was critting for about 4-6mil.

Glad I decided to keep mine for gimmicky reasons.
It's pretty awesome.

And yeah, Plague of Toads can rack up Fetishes so quickly.
Kinda weird getting used to that.

This game doesn't seem to know what to give me for my DH and I don't know which way to go! I got a bunch of the mara's set last week along with a RRoG... then a garuwolf, so I went pet. Then it dropped a cinder coat! So I put that on and it's been fun. Now today it drops a bombardier's rucksack that's rolled really goddamned well (Dex, IAS, Crit, Sentry damage). #firstworldDHproblems

So I guess now I just gather stuff for two builds? Pet builds are better with physical right?

I don't have enough for the 6 set bonus right now anyway, so the rucksack isn't quite as good as it will be in the future. Still nice to have... maybe Kadala can hook me up!

Try to get the 4 piece bonus with the cindercoat

Discobird

grats dude :)

yes pet builds are best with physical since all pets do physical damage

that said, the 4 pc marauder's is still pretty good with a fire build for the utility and defensive benefits. Pets just won't be your emphasis in a fire build the way they would be in a physical build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom