• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengatron

the 2 pieces of jade harvester i needed and a starmetal kukri in the same day. it might have gotten too easy to gear, now..
also jade harvester is silly.

koji

Liking these changes, sucks that I had a Homunculus and a Gidbinn on my HC WD that I just lost last week. (first HC toon I lost so far)

The fetishes spawned by the Gidbinn were rubbish... I also would have benefited from the mojo dmg increase, uurgrghh!!!

:)

Well I know what I'm doing this weekend now :)

fuuuuuu.... i need to stock pile on rift fragments but my god, they are so boring to farm. It's like having to do 5 NV stacks before the loot starts rolling except now we have to do 5 quests. zzz

Join RIF as a runner and get people to open the rifts for you.

Radec

GiG is streaming the T6 way of earning bloodshards the easy way.
KuGsj.gif

lvl 1 opening a T6 rift.

Looks like the easiest way to get armor specific leg/set

The Cowboy

Well my Wizard slow time/stun lock build is dead - the patch destroyed it.

Before the patch with my GoO wand (65% of the slow time cooldown) and 4 decoys you could have a load of bubbles up all overlappying each other for 15 seconds, now after patch casting a new slow time bubble makes the old one expire instantly and all decoy slow time bubbles expire as soon as your decoys die/fade away.

Such a nice (niche) build, and its just ruined :(.

Firemind

Well my Wizard slow time/stun lock build is dead - the patch destroyed it.

Before the patch with my GoO wand (65% of the slow time cooldown) and 4 decoys you could have a load of bubbles up all overlappying each other for 15 seconds, now after patch casting a new slow time bubble makes the old one expire instantly and all decoy slow time bubbles expire as soon as your decoys die/fade away.

Such a nice (niche) build, and its just ruined :(.

What a damn shame. Heard about leapbarb as well. I wish they didn't kill builds like that with every patch. One step forward etc.

Lain

My Mirrorball after the patch is much better. It had 308 as the max dmg before, now it's like 397 or so.
I did a rift since EU is up and got a (useless) legendary shoulder from the Guardian, though I also got a nice disconnect message after I left the rift (to sell) and went back in. Sadness.

kmfdmpig

I thought I read something about more fragments at higher torments, did this get scrapped?

I don't think so. People were getting 80 or so on t4 and I was getting 65 on t2.

On the other hand I've had lots of crashes as well, which I never had before (even with sound disabled). Hopefully the maintenance fixes that.

Dropped maybe 1k shards on Kadala and all I could squeeze out of her was the Shadow set boots.

Level 1 T6 is pretty dumb. Probably gonna stick with t4 or whatever

Foaloal

Dropped maybe 1k shards on Kadala and all I could squeeze out of her was the Shadow set boots.

I swear it seemed like there was a limit to the number of legendaries I could get today.
Got 10-20 legendaries quickly and easily when I started, then after a while I went over 1,000 shards with not a single legendary.

Definitely feel like I should have just saved 500 shards and quit for the night.

P.S. If anyone who can help sees this message, I'd like to be added to the waiting list for the new gaf clan. Battle.net ID is
Loaf#1860
Was in GAFMAX but was never able to contact an officer to get into the new clan. I play every day so I won't waste a slot!

Omnicent

GiG is streaming the T6 way of earning bloodshards the easy way.
KuGsj.gif

lvl 1 opening a T6 rift.

Looks like the easiest way to get armor specific leg/set
I was doing that all day yesterday, took me like 4mins to clear and was getting 100+ shards per run.

When I heard about the shard drop buff I went and got my second account (also usefull for other things).

Have your alt make the game, kill them (so they don't level up. After like 30mins they will be kicked because of afk and then you are good to invite 3 other people to join) and then go shard hunting. I only had 60 keys so I ran out, but I did mamnage to get 3+ legs an hour from kadala (every 200-400 shards, though most were junk I did get sader set piece and hexing pants).

I'm doing this all weekend (going to be doing split bounties like a mad man today and tomorrow) if anyone in the clan would like to join me (this + anniversary = get it before its nerfed) just let me know.

Radec

I was doing that all day yesterday, took me like 4mins to clear and was getting 100+ shards per run.

When I heard about the shard drop buff I went and got my second account (also usefull for other things).

Have your alt make the game, kill them (so they don't level up. After like 30mins they will be kicked because of afk and then you are good to invite 3 other people to join) and then go shard hunting. I only had 60 keys so I ran out, but I did mamnage to get 3+ legs an hour from kadala (every 200-400 shards, though most were junk I did get sader set piece and hexing pants).

I'm doing this all weekend (going to be doing split bounties like a mad man today and tomorrow) if anyone in the clan would like to join me (this + anniversary = get it before its nerfed) just let me know.

Why not open a rift of a level 1 toon, then ask a friend to join your game while you switch back to your main,
then clear the rift, before killing a RG, post it in Rift it Forward community so they can join and open another rift for you.

In the end you'll only lose 5 rift keys.

If I get a legendary immediately before opening a cache, does that ruin my chances of getting a legendary from the cache?

Like this morning, I got a shitty legendary spear (%life & all res on a weapon? no primary stat, elemental damage or socket?) from the butcher, which was my last bounty before getting the cache. Did that tank my likelihood of getting a leg from the cache?

(600 bounties and still no Ring of Royal Grandeur.)

Omnicent

Why not open a rift of a level 1 toon, then ask a friend to join your game while you switch back to your main,
then clear the rift, before killing a RG, post it in Rift it Forward community so they can join and open another rift for you.

In the end you'll only lose 5 rift keys.

I considered that, but would anyone in RIF be interested in joining a T6(1) rift? You would only be doing it for the quick and easy blood shards. How would I type in chat?
"T6(1) RG UP for easy shards, lowest/higest reopens"?

If that works then I'll just pull up RIF chat and roll with that.

Now people are whining about this on the OF, even though you get no legs from the rift itself (which I think balances it out). Guess I'm going to be milking this till Bliz nerfs this too

StMeph

I am a little disappointed that the most reliable avenue for upgrades are through Kadala, just because of the ability to choose a specific slot to RNG, especially now that she can also give set pieces.

That said, I don't think that level 1 T6 rifting is very efficient. T6 seems to drop a little over 2x (100-110?) what all rifts used to (a bit less than 50, on average?), but many people are running T2+, so the difference is much smaller. It's not like level 1 T6 rifting could not be done before 2.0.5, so for those who are using Rift-it-Forward, I am not sure I'd pass up the legendary drop chance from rift bosses for 20-30 shards.

It's basically paying those 20-30 shards for a non-slot specific legendary roll.

It's basically paying those 20-30 shards for a non-slot specific legendary roll.

Last night, a few people were able to get set items that they were never able to get before doing this.

Personally, I feel like this is the only way I'll get Vyr items any time soon... though it's still failing for me after 1500 shards into pants. Just 1 item will make me happy at this point. I have Vyr repellent, apparently.

If the drop rates for set items weren't so wildly varied for some people, I'm sure everyone would be happily rifting like usual.

Omnicent

I am a little disappointed that the most reliable avenue for upgrades are through Kadala, just because of the ability to choose a specific slot to RNG, especially now that she can also give set pieces.

That said, I don't think that level 1 T6 rifting is very efficient. T6 seems to drop a little over 2x (100-110?) what all rifts used to (a bit less than 50, on average?), but many people are running T2+, so the difference is much smaller. It's not like level 1 T6 rifting could not be done before 2.0.5, so for those who are using Rift-it-Forward, I am not sure I'd pass up the legendary drop chance from rift bosses for 20-30 shards.

Yeah depends on what torment difficulty you have on farm status,

I posted on OF (I know it was silly of me to do so)

I do not see the issue with this.

You are able to do a torment 6(1) rift and get 90-110 blood shards, however as a Lv.70 character you will not high exp, gold, and the chance to get Lv.70 legendary's from the rift (I think many here are focusing only on blood shards without considering what you lose in the process).

You trade those for roughly 2.5 times the blood shard amount (torment 1 vs torment 6. It is a smaller difference if you can do higher torments efficiently) for trading to Kadala.

Of course there is the increased clear speed (caused by it being a lower level), but then you can also do a more level appropriate torment difficulty at roughly the same speed (possibly a little slower depending on your equipment), but you now get exp, gold, legendary chance drops, and blood shards from the rift instead of just blood shards.

I personally see this as an alternative approach much like split bounties.

Sadly it will probably be nerfed to also scale with game level

Boogdud

Blessed Hammer still sucks. Shield Bash... I dunno.

Yeah after looking at hammers a bit yesterday they looked good at first, but after a while that style really wears on me. No flexibility at all.

Shield bash kinda stinks too, especially since 99% of the time you can't tell what you're even aiming at and it still seems to miss at times. The damage at my terrible gear level is pretty awful too. It's like one-two 'big' hits then wrath starved, standing there doing pathetic builder damage for 5-8 hits waiting to cast mediocre damage again.

I really don't know what to do for a transitional build. I feel completely lost again, right back to where I was prior to 2.04.

What's sad is, I can go over to my wd which has basically the same gear level (also with no real 'build defining gear') and just melt everything, and be just as resilient.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

They fixed Skywarden if anyone cares. It is now rad as hell. Love the crusader changes, made me feel like a baws.

They fixed Skywarden like 2 patches ago.

Krassus

No, its the hammer that gives you a random extra law. So I have valor from my skills. It gives me one of the others and swaps every 60 seconds. AKA, you have 2 passive laws all the time.

Gotcha, thats pretty damn awesome.

Are the laws showing as 10s with the passive now also?

J0dy77

The issue is RIF lvl 1 T6 are pathetically easy now and take no time at all to get 100 shards.

I really hope they nerf/kill this trend with today's patch. Rift it Forward is flooded with this nonsense and I just hate playing that way.

Omnicent

The issue is RIF lvl 1 T6 are pathetically easy now and take no time at all to get 100 shards.

And you will still be better off doing your appropriate torment level unless you are looking to fill out a specific item slot with a legendary (100 shards vs 60+ shards + gold + exp + lv.70 legendary rift drops.) and even then it is arguable that T6(1) is better (you will also be targeting legs from Kadala when doing gear/level appropriate torment rifts, it will just be not as focused. Will the extra 30-40 shards beat out exp, gold, lv.70 legs from the rift? That's the question people should be asking instead of freaking out ).

The same issues arised when people started to do split bounties.

Now RIF defiantly skews things since if you are good you'd be joining a game every 30-60 seconds. T6(1) done normally (not a RIF opener) is not an issue.
Bliz will either nerf RIF, nerf Kadala, or nerf how mnay shards you get, or all of the above (because its Blizzard)

Boogdud

I really hope they nerf/kill this trend with today's patch. Rift it Forward is flooded with this nonsense and I just hate playing that way.

They'll kill it, blizzard style.

Not by actually fixing the issue, but by punishing people that play "normally".

ie) they'll just further nerf the kadala drop rate so abysmally low it won't be worth it. Which imo, I think they've already taken some steps even prior to this patch. It'll get even worse, you watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom