• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Cool that it's official. Double shards is nice, but 100% increase is such a tease. 100% * (mystery blizzard infinitesimal number) = something difficult to get excited about.

On the crusader front. I'm at work and can't test it. But a though occurred to me, since the nerf to BS/shattered has anyone tried just straight up blessed shield runeless? I imagine it would do some decent damage since the initial shield does decent damage now, with a jekang 5-6 hits might be ok?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
II2OE7G8G18C1400026816457.jpg

Here we go!

zFBpNiC.jpg

(source)

Cool that it's official. Double shards is nice, but 100% increase is such a tease. 100% * (mystery blizzard infinitesimal number) = something difficult to get excited about.

but legendaries actually have a pretty good drop rate, double what it is now will actually be awesome

dengatron

time to get 1000 rift fragments a day for the rest of the week and never have to bounty again. might try to set up a group to do split act 1 and 4 on t3 while i do act 1 on t6 and try to capitalize on the bags in eachothers games. pretty easy to pull off with a group of 2-3 willing to do that.

taybul

Apparently people are saying that ground effects are doing more damage than before the patch? I knew I was feeling particularly squishy post-2.0.5.

kirblar

I got 6 drops and 4 plans yesterday in about three hours. I'll take double that. (Other people in party were getting similar drop rates.)
We know the plans were intentional- I wonder if they stealth-fixed higher Torment droprate multipliers as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did they fix the bug where you get other classes rolls when using the mystic on crafted set gear?

Edit : Nvm i just read the fix a few posts above.

Celegus

Is the furious charge set bonus on Raekor's worth going after? I've been dumping all my shards into getting that, up to 3/6 so far.

ZenaxPure

Is the furious charge set bonus on Raekor's worth going after? I've been dumping all my shards into getting that, up to 3/6 so far.

Yeah I farmed T5 for weeks with the charge set before I managed to finish the leap quake set. Charge/Hammer/Overpower with bloodshed/area damage excels at clearing white packs nearly instantly, it's just not great for sustained single target damage.

Vossler

Sweet on the 100% frag and leg increase.....actually got a tal rasha's helm from Kadala this morning....I know what I will be doing all weekend now.

So while they're too busy nerfing people's enjoyment into the ground with new patches because they're worried someone might be able to run t5-6 in a reasonable time with near best in slot gear, they do let dead obvious exploits like the lvl 1 t6 rifts through

2x double danetta dhs = 2 min runs, 2500-3000 shards an hour
got 3x frostburn (good trifecta one too), 7 magefists (a near perfect trifecta among them) , vyr boots, 2x firebird gloves, godlike trifecta vyr gloves in a few hours time.

More upgrades in an afternoon of exploiting than in 2 weeks of 'bugged' (cowards) fun quake spec rifting.

Ashodin

So while they're too busy nerfing people's enjoyment into the ground with new patches because they're worried someone might be able to run t5-6 in a reasonable time with near best in slot gear, they do let dead obvious exploits like the lvl 1 t6 rifts through

2x double danetta dhs = 2 min runs, 2500-3000 shards an hour
got 3x frostburn (good trifecta one too), 7 magefists (a near perfect trifecta among them) , vyr boots, 2x firebird gloves, godlike trifecta vyr gloves in a few hours time.

More upgrades in an afternoon of exploiting than in 2 weeks of 'bugged' (cowards) fun quake spec rifting.

sure if you like burning out on the game early

Dahbomb

RIF + T6 Level 1 Rifts + Kadala gives Torment items + Rift Guardians give more Shards = Stupidly easy to gear yourself now.

I am pretty sure if I just do RIFs all day I will complete my Marauder 6 piece.. in one day.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my first cow rift, I guess they stealth buffed the chance?

ferr

My guess is they'll prevent rifts from being opened by <70 and have rifts level generated at time of opening. If the latter is not already done, I wonder what kind of performance hit that could take in loading rifts. Or just make that rift obelisk thing not available if the game was started by a level 1.

My guess is they'll prevent rifts from being opened by <70 and have rifts level generated at time of opening. If the latter is not already done, I wonder what kind of performance hit that could take in loading rifts. Or just make that rift obelisk thing not available if the game was started by a level 1.

Or you only get rift shards in games at or above your level.

Dahbomb

Or have Shard drops scale with level. No reason why a LVL1 game should be giving 100 Shards any way.

I still don't think this will fix the problem with RIFs. Fixing lvl1 T6 Rifts will just result in people doing T4-T5 Rifts which give 80-90 shards per run and then you just RIF it. You can have 500 shards in less than 10 minutes easily even without using T6 level 1 method.

And again... this is a problem mainly because you can now get class set items from gambling. They have now created a system where you can get good gear (ie. T6 capable gear) really fast without much effort.

scy

In regards to bounty bags and Torment only loot, I got a pair of Akkhan pants out of them earlier today. So there's that.

The search for a decent RoRG continues.

Taz

Or have Shard drops scale with level. No reason why a LVL1 game should be giving 100 Shards any way.

I still don't think this will fix the problem with RIFs. Fixing lvl1 T6 Rifts will just result in people doing T4-T5 Rifts which give 80-90 shards per run and then you just RIF it. You can have 500 shards in less than 10 minutes easily even without using T6 level 1 method.

And again... this is a problem mainly because you can now get class set items from gambling. They have now created a system where you can get good gear (ie. T6 capable gear) really fast without much effort.

I see your point but then again it's a none competitive game in which you can't trade in , obviously T6 level one stuff is a joke but limiting people of the way you gain gear is bad design, players need a way to gain items out of pure RNG , yes Kalada is RNG but it's specific RNG.

Dahbomb

No you misunderstand me. I am perfectly fine with being able to gamble sets through Kadala. That's how it should've been from the start because the game is BoA and there should be some type of targeted farming.

What I don't like is the whole RIF thing. I never really liked it but it had its place before. Now it has just gotten silly and out of control.

Game isn't competitive now but soon it will be and such mechanics get in the way of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom