• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played Diablo 3 since before the massive patch containing Loot 2.0, but I reinstalled and played a little bit yesterday since my friend had convinced me to play with him. Back then I was running a CM/WW Wizard build and was nigh unstoppable. Is this build still viable? If not, what would you guys recommend? Also, does the expansion ever go on sale?

kirblar

Won't go on sale through Blizzard directly until they're gearing up for the next X-Pack, this one has done very well for them. Local stores would probably be the best place to look.

I haven't played Diablo 3 since before the massive patch containing Loot 2.0, but I reinstalled and played a little bit yesterday since my friend had convinced me to play with him. Back then I was running a CM/WW Wizard build and was nigh unstoppable. Is this build still viable? If not, what would you guys recommend? Also, does the expansion ever go on sale?
Well given that Critical Mass doesn't exist anymore, no, it isn't viable :(

Wow, it got removed? Well, all my gear is useless now :(
Yep, Archon is now on a flat 20 second duration with 60 second cooldown. Each enemy killed in Archon gives you an increase in damage.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the old Archon, but it was stupidly overpowered. On the other hand, Blizzard haven't really given the Wizard much attention at all since Reaper of Souls came out, so fuck that/them/everything.

Celegus

Yep, Archon is now on a flat 20 second duration with 60 second cooldown. Each enemy killed in Archon gives you an increase in damage.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the old Archon, but it was stupidly overpowered. On the other hand, Blizzard haven't really given the Wizard much attention at all since Reaper of Souls came out, so fuck that/them/everything.

thisisneogaf.gif

How are the the other fire wizards out there liking the fire archon? I'm not sure it's worth the long cooldown, especially when they just buffed my super meteors. Getting close to them 100m crits.

Totakeke

Oh man, I just noticed that with Swiftmount Crusaders can now infinite steed charge through a level. :O

The cooldown used to start after the steed duration finishes, now it starts as soon as you use the skill. This feels a bit too powerful. :p

Edit: Maybe I'm imagining things, but I also remembered a skill like Condemn: Vacuum, only starting the cd count after the skill finishes. Perhaps I'm mistaken?

Shield bash kinda stinks too, especially since 99% of the time you can't tell what you're even aiming at and it still seems to miss at times. The damage at my terrible gear level is pretty awful too. It's like one-two 'big' hits then wrath starved, standing there doing pathetic builder damage for 5-8 hits waiting to cast mediocre damage again.

I'm rather enjoying Shield Bash (Pound) with the +20% damage passive & the shield that lowers the cost by about half. Nice single-target damage & the root and short charge are both useful (good for treasure goblins).

Still torn on which version of Shield Glare to use. Zealous Glare is great for refilling your wrath when you're facing a large group, but the extra damage from Divine Verdict is always useful, even against a single enemy. Haven't really tried the other 3.

eek5

Dropped maybe 1k shards on Kadala and all I could squeeze out of her was the Shadow set boots.

Level 1 T6 is pretty dumb. Probably gonna stick with t4 or whatever

It's fast but when you're rolling T4 in ~5-8 mins, I don't know whether running T6 low level w/ no chance of actual drops in ~2min is worth it. Keep in mind the wait time between rifts is the same so it's really like 6-9 mins vs 3 mins which closes the gap even more.

datamage

Oh man, I just noticed that with Swiftmount Crusaders can now infinite steed charge through a level. :O

The cooldown used to start after the steed duration finishes, now it starts as soon as you use the skill. This feels a bit too powerful. :p

Edit: Maybe I'm imagining things, but I also remembered a skill like Condemn: Vacuum, only starting the cd count after the skill finishes. Perhaps I'm mistaken?

Cooldowns start right after you use the skill. AFAIK, it's always been this way.

Totakeke

Cooldowns start right after you use the skill. AFAIK, it's always been this way.

I am quite sure it didn't work that way for steed charge at least. I thought one of the reason I didn't like the other runes aside from Unleashed on Condemn is because of this reason, so I'm not so sure on that.

Went to look for a older video and here's one. 25s mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTyRXA3B454

That's how I remember it working. Only after steed charge finishes, then the cd starts. Right now as soon as you press steed charge it starts the cd right away.

From the most recent patch notes:

Oh thanks. Didn't recall reading that.

Chucker

If the overflow clans are full, I could offer my clan up. We were super busy at launch and a lot of people dipped. Maybe have 5 on at any given time now.

Don't want to step on toes, but figured those of us trying to get in GAF could still run together.

The clan is Rampant Fronting and we'd be glad to have you, even if it's temporary. Let me know!

DarkJC

Considering you can switch skills at will out of combat I don't think they want to make it any easier to switch everything at once.

Tom Penny

I've never actually noticed. When you look at how many shards you have is that a combined number between all characters..or just the one you are using?

Totakeke

So what is T6 viable then? This is getting fucking stupid.

Well one guy on reddit did just post him doing T6 in 10 mins (with unity rings) with fire blessed hammers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/25j2mm/t6_rift_solo_10_min/

While the big caveat is 2x unity rings which kinda breaks the game, there's a lot more that can be explored with fire builds that doesn't rely on Akkhan set. This is also something I don't have the gear for to evaluate.

Other than that, Blessed Shield and Fires of Heaven are still T6 viable.

th3dude

If the overflow clans are full, I could offer my clan up. We were super busy at launch and a lot of people dipped. Maybe have 5 on at any given time now.

Don't want to step on toes, but figured those of us trying to get in GAF could still run together.

The clan is Rampant Fronting and we'd be glad to have you, even if it's temporary. Let me know!

This is a nice gesture. I know there are several folks that didn't make it into the new clan that would like to have some folks to play with. Join this guy!

traveler

Not Wario
Just got booted 3 times in a row and asked to patch each time. If you're in my party, go ahead and finish the rift. Don't wait up; don't think I'm getting back in. (In game name is gray and I was in a clan party)

Talon

Just got booted 3 times in a row and asked to patch each time. If you're in my party, go ahead and finish the rift. Don't wait up; don't think I'm getting back in. (In game name is gray and I was in a clan party)
Was doing a run...saw a legendary scoundrel token drop.

Get kicked immediately.

*tears*

I wonder if they're going to patch this level 1 T6 stuff. I did manage to get 2 pieces of Vyr in the same batch of 500. So I guess that's a win.

Vyr pants were:

500 int
97 all res
494 vit (rerolled)
2 sockets

Yum

Guess that'll do it

Managed to get Marauder boots but Kadala wouldn't give up the shoulders. If this stick around I'd rather just do rifts. It was neat in a take advantage while you can sort of way but yeah its boring

It's fast but when you're rolling T4 in ~5-8 mins, I don't know whether running T6 low level w/ no chance of actual drops in ~2min is worth it. Keep in mind the wait time between rifts is the same so it's really like 6-9 mins vs 3 mins which closes the gap even more.

Yeah. We did t5 at a decent speed. Gonna just stick to that.

Firemind

Well one guy on reddit did just post him doing T6 in 10 mins (with unity rings) with fire blessed hammers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/25j2mm/t6_rift_solo_10_min/

While the big caveat is 2x unity rings which kinda breaks the game, there's a lot more that can be explored with fire builds that doesn't rely on Akkhan set. This is also something I don't have the gear for to evaluate.

Other than that, Blessed Shield and Fires of Heaven are still T6 viable.

So FoH was changed back to how it was before? Because I remember reading the three beams of FotF don't stack anymore.

With my DH plowing ahead, we managed to get 500 shards in 25 minutes (first rift opened at 12:05 and last shards picked up at 12:30). That's so much faster than anything I ever did before and targeting drops with chances for set pieces makes it worthwhile.

Shit gold and shit exp though. And no chance for the follower relic I need. I do kinda hope they patch it so I'm forced to go back to playing normally.... but if not, I'll continue until I at least get Vyr boots.

Maledict

Wizards received by far and away the biggest set of changes in the expansion, and they are trying to bring the other classes up to the level of wizards in terms of elemental synergies and abilities. There's a reason they weren't touched very much...

Dahbomb

Sadly Monk is my most durable / efficient character up to T4. Someday the survival will match DPS. Probably when 5% of players play monk they will do something.
They probably need actual Monk players at Blizzard for the class to change. They did an article for Reaper of Souls where they showed the builds of the developers for each class.

Guess which class didn't have a featured build by the developers...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14005211/

AND THEN WE DOUBLED IT - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIABLO III!

On May 15, 2012, the gates of the Burning Hells opened and Diablo III was unleashed onto the world. Since then, millions of heroes have been created, billions of hours have been spent in games, and trillions of demons have been slaughtered without mercy. We've even released an expansion!
To celebrate the game's second anniversary and the community that made it all possible, players who log in to defend Sanctuary this week will receive double Rift Fragments as well as a +100% boost to their chance to find Legendary items. This bonus birthday buff begins in the Americas on Thursday, May 15 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Thursday, May 22 at 5:00 a.m. PDT.

It's official

unrealist

Sorry for asking a newbie question .. but why are so many wizards using Magic missile with the conflag rune? Does it stack (the tooltip doesn't state how much)?

Just looked at the hotfix notes and....

Last Updated - May 14th. Items with an asterisk (*) are most recent.

[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]

Artisans
Crafted items will no longer generate affixes inappropriate to the character when rerolling properties at the Mystic.*

[LIVE HOTFIXES]
There are no live hotfixes at this time.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/14/2014 10:26 AM PDT

....nothing about crashes. Awesome.

Tom Penny

They probably need actual Monk players at Blizzard for the class to change. They did an article for Reaper of Souls where they showed the builds of the developers for each class.

Guess which class didn't have a featured build by the developers...

I'm not sure they even know the description they made for them
Monks’ attacks are primarily melee-focused. They can eliminate single foes with extreme damage, or deliver short-range area-of-effect assaults with waves of elemental power that emanate from palm strikes or crescent kicks.

Lulz

Dahbomb

Just looked at the hotfix notes and....

....nothing about crashes. Awesome.
Crashes are being fixed in 2.05a which is what the server maintenance is about. There's already a post about it.

I am surprised they didn't use the word "meaty" before saying "so we DOUBLE IT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom