• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is very important to some of you

Hello, Monks!

I've been keeping a close eye on this thread (and others) so when it came time to talk a little bit about patch 2.0.5, and the future of Monks, this seemed like a good place to do it. I’ve updated the posting limit in this thread, so feel free to keep it alive.

I'd like to start by pointing out that patch 2.0.5 wasn’t really intended to focus much on class balance when it first was scheduled, but there were some circumstances that resulted in it including a lot of class changes, particularly for the Crusader. The Crusader is not only the newest class in Diablo III (and a big feature of Reaper of Souls), but was in a state that (we felt) merited some immediate tuning and balancing, so 2.0.5 did end up featuring a lot of Crusader changes.

That said, while 2.0.5 didn’t include many changes to Monks, it doesn’t mean we feel there isn’t room for improvement (or that your feedback has fallen on deaf ears). Instead, we have many changes planned for patch 2.1.0, which is our first big content patch for Reaper of Souls and first big opportunity to do some meaningful evaluations for each class, Monk included.

Our future goals for the Monk in 2.1.0 focus improving core class attributes, class abilities, and addressing Legendaries that need improvement. You should all be able to see (and test out) these changes soon™ on the 2.1.0 PTR once its live. (Note: Initially, the PTR will not have all the changes we want to do for 2.1.0, but as the PTR progresses, more changes will be added. Also note that we do not have an ETA for the 2.1.0 PTR at this time.)

We also want to let you all know that we will be improving some of the underwhelming Set items. The following Sets will be receiving buffs or redesigns to their full-Set bonuses in 2.1.0 and will be retroactive, so keep those pieces:

• Firebird’s Finery
• Raiment of a Thousand Storms
• Monkey King’s Garb
• Thorns of the Invoker
• The Shadow’s Mantle

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675107469?page=51#1001

cdyhybrid

Looking for thoughts on my Crusader. Just moved a bunch of gear over from my fire Barb, so it's not the most optimized stuff ever.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/yimc808-1960/hero/46224594

Specific questions:

1) What T6 build should I be shooting for? Fate of the Fell shotgun build?
2) What boots/legs/shield should I be looking for in the meantime? Captain Crimson?

Edit:

Looking forward to hopefully going back to my Monk when 2.1 comes out in 6 months. Until then, I'll be playing my Crusader.

akumacombos.com

Neo Member
Checking my mule that has things I never used...
MA3mNn3.png

That axe is amazing, 2000+ and for one hand only.. I need something like that.

Shifty76

Woohoo!

I've seen lots of rumours posted that they're ignoring resistances. Not sure if that's still the case after the 2.0.5a patch.

Hooray.

Regarding ground effects, I was in a game with eek and others last night and with 1800AR, 11k armour I was getting WRECKED by ground effects on T5.

ferr

I never messed around in T3 much until this patch, but I noticed I'm now afraid of any of those traps that spits fire, like fire coming out of grates, etc. Not sure if it's from moving into T3 or if they buffed them..

The Cowboy

This would make sense, I was getting eaten alive in T3, when last night I was fine.

Yeah something is off, i was doing T4s fine before the patch and today i was dropping so fast i went back to T3 - and i was still dropping pretty fast.

Something is defiantly wrong with ground effects.

Thanks to all of this cow rift gold, changing this SoJ from physical to fire will be a piece of cake!

*30 minutes later*

this game is stupid and i hate it

edit: Also yes to something being weird with the ground effects. I was suddenly dying in T2 the other night, which came out of nowhere considering it's been weeks since anything since T2 could even hurt me with the kind of ease I was seeing.

Also got blown up hard by ground effects last night, it was brutal, and I have 30% redux now. Something is wonky.
I remember back when diablo 3 launched one of the first patches did the same thing, however Blues were quick to acknowledge the problem, now despite all the posts about it no Blue has chimed in, I hope this buff is not intentional.

CRA5H

I'm excited to see what changes are coming for Monks. I really hope it gets as much attention as Crusaders did for this patch. I'm gonna try to not keep my hopes too high at all because .. Blizzard.

Dahbomb

I really hope there's more to Ladders than just reset plus new items. I hope there are Ladder only events and conditions/rules that differentiate it from the main game. If it's just D2 Ladders copy/pasted that would be disappointing... we should expect more.

On the topic of Monk, I already made a post about it before but fundamentally these are the issues with the class that should be looked into:

*Spirit gain to spirit cost on moves is not well balanced.
*Weak Legendaries/Sets for class (will be changed)
*Moves that cost resource and have big cooldown shouldn't exist (like SSS)
*Dexterity as a main stat sucks, needs revision and changes
*Requirement to use OWE passive. I am sick and tired of using this.
*Not enough Spirit spender moves that are good. It's just 3 (TR, LTK, WoL) and one of them is more for lower level farming. I feel like they need to either rework an existing move into a damage dealing spender or come up with a new move.
*Elemental variety still needs a bit more work. Physical runes are especially lacking right now and SSS was still untouched in terms of elements.
*Need more offensive passives.
*All runes of LTKs should have the AOE of the first rune. First rune should get some additional buff.
*Fist of Thunders need a buff, weak as fuck Spirit generator. Unless they plan to massively buff the Lightning set, who knows.

The other changes relate to itemization in general:

*Buff 2hs some way to make Daibos more attractive. There are some cool Daibos but due to nature of 2h vs 1h.
*More items with specific element bonuses that are like Cindercoat and Magefists.

neoism

Hello, Monks!

I've been keeping a close eye on this thread (and others) so when it came time to talk a little bit about patch 2.0.5, and the future of Monks, this seemed like a good place to do it. I’ve updated the posting limit in this thread, so feel free to keep it alive.

I'd like to start by pointing out that patch 2.0.5 wasn’t really intended to focus much on class balance when it first was scheduled, but there were some circumstances that resulted in it including a lot of class changes, particularly for the Crusader. The Crusader is not only the newest class in Diablo III (and a big feature of Reaper of Souls), but was in a state that (we felt) merited some immediate tuning and balancing, so 2.0.5 did end up featuring a lot of Crusader changes.

That said, while 2.0.5 didn’t include many changes to Monks, it doesn’t mean we feel there isn’t room for improvement (or that your feedback has fallen on deaf ears). Instead, we have many changes planned for patch 2.1.0, which is our first big content patch for Reaper of Souls and first big opportunity to do some meaningful evaluations for each class, Monk included.

Our future goals for the Monk in 2.1.0 focus improving core class attributes, class abilities, and addressing Legendaries that need improvement. You should all be able to see (and test out) these changes soon™ on the 2.1.0 PTR once its live. (Note: Initially, the PTR will not have all the changes we want to do for 2.1.0, but as the PTR progresses, more changes will be added. Also note that we do not have an ETA for the 2.1.0 PTR at this time.)

We also want to let you all know that we will be improving some of the underwhelming Set items. The following Sets will be receiving buffs or redesigns to their full-Set bonuses in 2.1.0 and will be retroactive, so keep those pieces:

• Firebird’s Finery
• Raiment of a Thousand Storms
• Monkey King’s Garb
• Thorns of the Invoker
• The Shadow’s Mantle
:/

Got my Jade Harvester gloves, boots and pants tonight.

The gloves aren't great but eh.

Got nothing from shoulders or chest though. Kadala pls. No more Aquila Cuirasses or Vile Wards thnx.

Discobird

TCpois6.png

Do I reroll the LoH or the % life? I don't know if LoH is worth a fuck on pet builds, is it?

With Rain of Toads having a high proc coefficient and being the new Sycophant-summoning skill of choice, I've heard LoH is actually pretty valuable. Plus Leeching Beasts.

JoeMartin

With Rain of Toads having a high proc coefficient and being the new Sycophant-summoning skill of choice, I've heard LoH is actually pretty valuable. Plus Leeching Beasts.

Yeah that's the word on the street, I just want to make sure before I lose one forever.

Also Kadala finally provides after THOUSANDS of blood shards. Most expensive hooker ever.

8RYDNR0.png

Got my Jade Harvester gloves, boots and pants tonight.

The gloves aren't great but eh.

Got nothing from shoulders or chest though. Kadala pls. No more Aquila Cuirasses or Vile Wards thnx.

Jesus christ. All from today!? Over 3k shards spent today ONLY on shoulders and not a single Jade piece for me.

JoeMartin

It appears to be true. Have attempted on several new instances of level 1 T6 and RGs only drop 20-30 bloodshards.

This is a good thing, tho.

I'm curious about how much they'll buff the Firebird set. Knowing Blizzard, they'll buff them to be the best wizard set.

It's supposed to be. Not expecting Jade Harvester tier but it should at least be compelling

I'm curious what they're going to do with the shadow set. That's a straight up piece of shit. I'm guessing their idea was so that you could be in Vengeance a lot but outside of that and Rain DH has no interesting cooldowns (pets active too I guess)

It's been hotfixed already

too late blizz

'exploit' spoils for today (14k bloodshards farmed)
-godly trifecta magefist
-good trifecta frostburn
-vyr boots
-trifecta vyr gloves
-vyr pants
-really good cindercoat
edit: and 2 decent firebird gloves, guess I'll keep them now that the set is supposedly getting buffed, had the helm and legs already too)

I can now combine the vyr 4set and tal 4set on my wiz and got godly roll cindercoat+andariel + magefist for if I ever find a Wand of woh (lol as if)

awaiting archon nerf now I have the set

Discobird

I'm curious what they're going to do with the shadow set. That's a straight up piece of shit. I'm guessing their idea was so that you could be in Vengeance a lot but outside of that and Rain DH has no interesting cooldowns (pets active too I guess)

Smokescreen now costs hatred instead of discipline and gains the effect of all runes other than the cooldown one

one can dream

ZenaxPure

It's supposed to be. Not expecting Jade Harvester tier but it should at least be compelling

For the firebird set I am curious if they will still try to make it an all-encompassing fire set like it is now or try to focus it on one or two skills like other (and the best) sets.

jblank83

For the firebird set I am curious if they will still try to make it an all-encompassing fire set like it is now or try to focus it on one or two skills like other (and the best) sets.

Obviously it makes thematic sense for it to be fire, but I don't like being shoved into fire build, as all my gear is arcane.

Oh well. Let's see what they do.

Dahbomb

It's been hotfixed already

too late blizz

'exploit' spoils for today (14k bloodshards farmed)
-godly trifecta magefist
-good trifecta frostburn
-vyr boots
-trifecta vyr gloves
-vyr pants
-really good cindercoat
edit: and 2 decent firebird gloves, guess I'll keep them now that the set is supposedly getting buffed, had the helm and legs already too)

I can now combine the vyr 4set and tal 4set on my wiz and got godly roll cindercoat+andariel + magefist for if I ever find a Wand of woh (lol as if)

awaiting archon nerf now I have the set
It's still exploitable. If you didn't exit your game then you can still farm in T6 Level 1. Until they hot fix that we are planning on keep the game alive as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom