• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
I think at this point I've put more than 20 million gold into trying to get a socket on a dagger. That's all the coin I brought into the expansion with me so from here on out I'll have to grind just to be able to roll the 2 million cost of enchanting the item. Fun, fun, fun.

It's been hotfixed already

too late blizz

'exploit' spoils for today (14k bloodshards farmed)
-godly trifecta magefist
-good trifecta frostburn
-vyr boots
-trifecta vyr gloves
-vyr pants
-really good cindercoat
edit: and 2 decent firebird gloves, guess I'll keep them now that the set is supposedly getting buffed, had the helm and legs already too)
da fuck.

i have 3500 into boots with no vyrs. 2 firebird boots though. ugh

bcl0328

well that was fun. did the exploit for a few hours and got quite a few set items. previously i had only seen one drop for me in 155 hours.

kadala stopped giving me legendaries so i saved up 500 shards for tomorrow.

had an awesome group to farm the rifts. everyone took turns opening and we went for hours.

CRA5H

It's been hotfixed already

too late blizz

'exploit' spoils for today (14k bloodshards farmed)
-godly trifecta magefist
-good trifecta frostburn
-vyr boots
-trifecta vyr gloves
-vyr pants
-really good cindercoat
edit: and 2 decent firebird gloves, guess I'll keep them now that the set is supposedly getting buffed, had the helm and legs already too)

I can now combine the vyr 4set and tal 4set on my wiz and got godly roll cindercoat+andariel + magefist for if I ever find a Wand of woh (lol as if)

awaiting archon nerf now I have the set
jeezzzz how many hours work was that?

jblank83

well that was fun. did the exploit for a few hours and got quite a few set items. previously i had only seen one drop for me in 155 hours.

I can't lie. I'm a bit upset. Spent 7 hours doing it and only got 1 piece of Vyr's, and a poorly rolled one at that. Seeing these lists of crazy hauls is, like, "how?"

But I know it's just random numbers.

On the bright side, got some great Magefists. Definite upgrade.

EDIT: Look at that clock. Man, I spent too much time.

bcl0328

I can't lie. I'm a bit upset. Spent 4 hours doing it and only got 1 piece of Vyr's, and a poorly rolled one at that. Seeing these lists of crazy hauls is, like, "how?"

But I know it's just random numbers.

i got some trifecta vyrs gloves and vyrs boots. then tried for pants and got them, but with 1 socket, int, 92 res all, and electrocute =\

not even worth trying to save the pants for the 4 piece bonus.

edit: or is it? if i am archon i won't be using magic missle, and i don't need vitality that bad. i can reroll the one socket to two...

Wickwire

did they buff 2h or is this just a good roll or not?

7ia058Bl.png

ZenaxPure

I've been using the Bul kathos' oath set http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bulkathoss-solemn-vow and it seems that the patch has buffed it pretty significantly. It used to just do weapon damage, no crits and had a 17 second cool down.

It now crits and has a less that 10 second cool down.

I've read a bunch of people saying that, makes me sad I salvaged all the ones I've gotten before. I don't think it'd be very good for my build, but, i do want to see the damage on it for myself.

robochimp

I've read a bunch of people saying that, makes me sad I salvaged all the ones I've gotten before. I don't think it'd be very good for my build, but, i do want to see the damage on it for myself.

When it crits for me it's anywhere between 6 and 12M, now throw in all the non crit damage and the damage that I'm actually doing and it's a pretty great set now

MrDaravon

Dropped somewhere between 5k and 6k shards into shoulders tonight using the Level 1 T6 thing, got 18 leg shoulders including 1 Marauders which is what I was aiming for, but it rolled like shit (499 Dex but then no other primary stats at all, rolled like CDR/Cooldown/shit skill %). I feel like this was probably karma.

I plan on playing the shit out of the game for the buff, but if I can't get some of the pieces I've been trying to get for weeks and weeks now I may take a break until ladders. The grind once you need very specific items to progress is pretty rough. I got some really nice Mr. Yan pants which I wasn't specifically looking for but were a nice piece for a possible permastrafe build, but other than that haven't gotten anything approaching any kind of real upgrade in probably at least a month including ANY of the pieces I'm specifically looking for (Calamity, Nat Slayer, Mara shoulders/boots, Taskers, phys/any SoJ), and I'm dropping like ~50-60+ hours a week or more into the game. Definitely starting to burn out.

ferr

Dropped somewhere between 5k and 6k shards into shoulders tonight using the Level 1 T6 thing, got 18 leg shoulders including 1 Marauders which is what I was aiming for, but it rolled like shit (499 Dex but then no other primary stats at all, rolled like CDR/Cooldown/shit skill %). I feel like this was probably karma.

I plan on playing the shit out of the game for the buff, but if I can't get some of the pieces I've been trying to get for weeks and weeks now I may take a break until ladders. The grind once you need very specific items to progress is pretty rough. I got some really nice Mr. Yan pants which I wasn't specifically looking for but were a nice piece for a possible permastrafe build, but other than that haven't gotten anything approaching any kind of real upgrade in probably a month including ANY of the pieces I'm specifically looking for (Calamity, Nat Slayer, Mara shoulders/boots, Taskers, phys/any SoJ), and I'm dropping like ~50-60+ hours a week or more into the game. Definitely starting to burn out.

you can't expect much from mara shoulders. pretty sure mine are dex/vit/rcr/companion ... the secondary rolled solores so i can't even get allres on mine :(

maybe re-roll your cdr into vit or allres tho.

MrDaravon

you can't expect much from mara shoulders. pretty sure mine are dex/vit/rcr/companion ... the secondary rolled solores so i can't even get allres on mine :(

maybe re-roll your cdr into vit or allres tho.

Right, but I was hoping for Dex + literally ANY sort of defensive stat; AR, Vit, Armor, fuck even Life %. Even if I rolled 500 Vit or 100 AR it's going to be an enormous toughness loss for me, and we have enough problems surviving as-is. Shoulders are one of the very few slots we can stack that, my shoulders are responsible for something like 30% of my overall toughness. I'm holding onto them for now because why not, but I'll never use them most likely. It also doesn't help that while I have Mara gloves they are also garbage as well (only has a bad dex roll with low IAS + CC).

JCizzle

Please God keep the drop rates like this full time. So much more enjoyable (IMO). Great to be able to log in for an hour and actually get some legendaries.

You just posted about getting 2 pieces of Vyr's in 500 shards.... Poor you for not getting Vyr boots immediately

That was after 3000+ into pants. When I got the pants, I started rolling gloves and got those. They're pretty terrible though.

So that's 2 items in around 7000-8000 now. Damn Vyr boots....

Still, until now, I've never even seen Vyr's drop. It's going to be hard to go back to normal rift farming.

Discobird

You listed CDR twice, what were the actual stats? CDR is really nice in a zoo build.

I got some really nice Mr. Yan pants which I wasn't specifically looking for but were a nice piece for a possible permastrafe build . . .

Hexing Pants are great for everything but a Rapid Fire build or a 6 pc Marauder build (b/c you need the slot for Marauder pants) as long as you can stutter step. That's a really big upgrade.

Rokam

Are cache items decided when you open them or when you receive the cache? Wondering if I should save my caches till the buff.

Disgruntled monk post: I spent an hour today improving my gear and the end result is 20k more DPS, bringing it up to a whopping 266k, and most of that improvement comes from the transmission rune on MoR. I can't even fight a fair number of elites on master much less than torment, which is my only desire for my monk, so I'm playing on expert, the same difficulty my level 59 DH is playing, and she could probably handle master. Monster leveling aside, that is pathetic. For the goddamned longest time, my weapon layout has been Doombringer plus a rare shield. I have a 2H that does ~20% more damage but it ain't worth it on higher difficulties. Kadala refuses to give me a weapon with >2000 DPS and never, ever a legendary. During my playtime all the legs I got were recipes or ingredients. Worst of all, my game was public but nobody joined because only scrubs play on expert at level 70.

Does Blizzard give a god damn about my shitty weapons and will 2.1 fix anything for my case?

Boogdud

Well I guess it's official, the game wants me to be a DH, and I became one of those guys I hate (having good luck). After being frustrated having gone through 7 complete runs on my crus receiving nothing but 3 forgotten souls and a bow plan, I decided to do a couple expert rifts on my new 70 DH.

10 minutes into the rift I had 2 bows, 3 hand crossbows (Calamity, K'mar tenclip and a Danetta's revenge) in one rift. In the next I got a good pair of magefists and a cape of the dark night.

So yeah, wtf.

Anyway, can any of you DH's help me out with rerolling on the Calamity? I think it might suck but it has pretty good damage and the secondary is obviously pretty good especially for group play.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Boogdud-1883/hero/3895419

I have to hit the sack but I'll check for responses in the morning. Much appreciated!

RDreamer

Disgruntled monk post: I spent an hour today improving my gear and the end result is 20k more DPS, bringing it up to a whopping 266k, and most of that improvement comes from the transmission rune on MoR. I can't even fight a fair number of elites on master much less than torment, which is my only desire for my monk, so I'm playing on expert, the same difficulty my level 59 DH is playing, and she could probably handle master. Monster leveling aside, that is pathetic. For the goddamned longest time, my weapon layout has been Doombringer plus a rare shield. I have a 2H that does ~20% more damage but it ain't worth it on higher difficulties. Kadala refuses to give me a weapon with >2000 DPS and never, ever a legendary. During my playtime all the legs I got were recipes or ingredients. Worst of all, my game was public but nobody joined because only scrubs play on expert at level 70.

Does Blizzard give a god damn about my shitty weapons and will 2.1 fix anything for my case?

Join some torment groups, and don't gamble for weapons. It's too expensive. Gamble other pieces.

Dahbomb

Got excellent Marauder Shoulders, Marauder Pants and Marauder chest today.

Milked that exploit hardcore! I technically have the 6 piece set but I want the Helm because my Marauder gloves are booty butt cheeks (and I want to use my T&T instead of it).

CRA5H

What really helped my monk build was sticking to an element and stacking it like crazy. Got 109% fire on my monk and things became a lot easier. Well, 109 is what it is at now but around your tier, I had maybe 60-70%. LTK + Cyclone fire runes did wonders for me.
Loot will come as you start doing T1,

Ramirez

Looking for thoughts on my Crusader. Just moved a bunch of gear over from my fire Barb, so it's not the most optimized stuff ever.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/yimc808-1960/hero/46224594

Specific questions:

1) What T6 build should I be shooting for? Fate of the Fell shotgun build?
2) What boots/legs/shield should I be looking for in the meantime? Captain Crimson?

Edit:
Looking forward to hopefully going back to my Monk when 2.1 comes out in 6 months. Until then, I'll be playing my Crusader.

Here's mine,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ram-1596/hero/44625090

I need Magefist, Cindercoat, & the shield for blessed shield, but even with what I have, I'm basically unkillable in T5. I haven't tried T6 yet, but considering how well I did today in 5 with a group, I can't imagine it not working.

Rokam

Messing around on my Monk till the anniversary buff... wow at WoL: Pillar of the Ancients, why would they make an ability that blocks the monks path.

Dahbomb

Aaaannnd the exploit is officially dead now. Servers restarting and they gave a 15 min warning... we milked that 15 mins to the maximum! Did 5 rifts for 500 shards.

Omnicent

So long sweet prince, you will never be forgotten. At least I got 5 pieces of the Sader set + RoRG, (and all 5 pieces have the rolls I want on them to lol). With my FoTF its time to spec up over the next few days and go slaying as I work on
my fire and lightning sader.

Got excellent Marauder Shoulders, Marauder Pants and Marauder chest today.

Milked that exploit hardcore! I technically have the 6 piece set but I want the Helm because my Marauder gloves are booty butt cheeks (and I want to use my T&T instead of it).

Nooooooooooooo

I should have farmed a last 500 for the buff. Damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom