• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Shattered my soul trying to get the Marauder shoulders during the exploit only to get them 30 shards into the 60 I found in my DHs first rift.

Not sure what to reroll. I'd like either %life or armor seeing as I can't get all res (boar helps though). Apparently it's good to also stack some RCR with cluster arrow build but pet damage already being there seems like a no brainer keeper.

What do?

Those are lovely. I would be very happy with that roll.

Shifty76

Disgruntled monk post: I spent an hour today improving my gear and the end result is 20k more DPS, bringing it up to a whopping 266k, and most of that improvement comes from the transmission rune on MoR. I can't even fight a fair number of elites on master much less than torment, which is my only desire for my monk, so I'm playing on expert, the same difficulty my level 59 DH is playing, and she could probably handle master. Monster leveling aside, that is pathetic. For the goddamned longest time, my weapon layout has been Doombringer plus a rare shield. I have a 2H that does ~20% more damage but it ain't worth it on higher difficulties. Kadala refuses to give me a weapon with >2000 DPS and never, ever a legendary. During my playtime all the legs I got were recipes or ingredients. Worst of all, my game was public but nobody joined because only scrubs play on expert at level 70.

Does Blizzard give a god damn about my shitty weapons and will 2.1 fix anything for my case?

Monk is not difficult at all to get to 700k or so dps. Lose the shield, get socketed weapons with emeralds, amulet with cc + cd, crit chance on every slot that can roll it.

Take a read through this basically: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

Hit up the blacksmith and craft lvl 70 gear. Crafted stuff is fine for T1.

Celegus

Shattered my soul trying to get the Marauder shoulders during the exploit only to get them 30 shards into the 60 I found in my DHs first rift.

Not sure what to reroll. I'd like either %life or armor seeing as I can't get all res (boar helps though). Apparently it's good to also stack some RCR with cluster arrow build but pet damage already being there seems like a no brainer keeper.

What do?

Give luck please!

ferr

What do?

My shoulders are pretty identical. Not much to do unless you want to upgrade an existing one like getting more dex or vit. Or getting cdr(?) from the vit if you have too much hp.

Celegus

I hope Firebird actually gets a viable upgrade. My source/pants/boots are all pretty good and worth using, but I just can't imagine replacing my cindercoat/magefist/fire andy's for a set bonus.

tn2007

Trying out physical zoo build with this baby.
cb5db47b4eabbf18d3bf0c62b31219cb.png

ferr

Posted this a few pages back but didn't get a response. Any recommendations on rerolling for this Calamity?

dh_zpsf826908f.jpg

I'm guessing hate regen, now that elemental damage is fixed? It's not black damage, it's holy damage (not sure why the profile won't update it)

Probably the HR for socket? Yeah the profile pages are still bugged in some way for weapons. grats btw!

Working all day... dying to try out the new buffed rates. That is, after I spend a few hours farming up some frags.

The only thing I got from the T6 farming madness were 2 pieces of Vyr that are going to rot in my stash until I get the boots. Not sure if I want to spend all my time hopelessly farming for those on my Wizard or if I should take on higher torments on my DH for some Marauder and physical items. I have a decent physical ammy and bracers usually aren't a big deal. I can reroll my fire SoJ to physical. So I guess I only need Mara boots or gloves.

Is it worth using the Marauder chest over a garwulf if you're going for the 6-set bonus?

garath

Posted this a few pages back but didn't get a response. Any recommendations on rerolling for this Calamity?

dh_zpsf826908f.jpg

I'm guessing hate regen, now that elemental damage is fixed? It's not black damage, it's holy damage (not sure why the profile won't update it)

forgot to link profile, keep in mind I just hit 70 like 3 days ago and haven't really played him much at all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Boogdud-1883/hero/3895419

Hatred regen for socket.

ps, I hate you for getting a calamity on a fresh level 70 DH. My 170 hour DH weeps.

J0dy77

Finally got my sweet sweet marauder's boots which also gave me 5 pieces of Marauders or the option to ability to wear Cloak of Garwulf again. Has anyone done testing with the Sentry bonus now? It seems really awesome now that the sentries are spewing Loaded for Bear CA and hitting really hard. With some decent CDR and 3 of those up in an area it should be a ton of damage.

I'm trying to decide what I should be going for next. Does everyone still think that 2 piece Nat's, 3 piece marauders, cinder/garwulf is best? Or should we drop nats for the 6 piece marauders?

Boogdud

Hatred regen for socket.

ps, I hate you for getting a calamity on a fresh level 70 DH. My 170 hour DH weeps.

Don't worry, my 200+ hour crusader (that still uses the polearm he got an hour after dinging 70) hates his guts too.

No idea wth happened with this guy, but in the span of about 30 minutes last night I got a Calamity, Danetta's Revenge, K'mar tenclip, and nearly perfect magefitsts. All pre legendary drop buff rates.

Clearly the game wants me to play a DH.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, definitely going to go for a socket with regen.

zarnold56

Is there a good cold build for witch doctors? I am currently running a fire build based on insect swarm, haunt and firebats. I have gotten a ton of cold damage items, figured might try something a little different.

Celegus

Don't worry, my 200+ hour crusader (that still uses the polearm he got an hour after dinging 70) hates his guts too.

No idea wth happened with this guy, but in the span of about 30 minutes last night I got a Calamity, Danetta's Revenge, K'mar tenclip, and nearly perfect magefitsts. All pre legendary drop buff rates.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, definitely going to go for a socket with regen.

Sounds just like my fire wizard. Half of her equipment is still from the first couple hours after hitting 70. Though nothing quite like a Calamity. Good luck rolling a socket!

Grampasso

For what I understood of the way drops work (which isn't necessarily right, just a guess) seems like when you create a game some legendaries are picked to drop on every single slot, not all of them (I found this to be reported in some other forums as well). Yesterday I found TWO Danetta's revenge in 10 minutes. I'm not able to calculate the odds of something like this to happen but since the same thing happens to many other people (supposedly always when you're not changing game) then there must be something more and not only RNG in motion. The same thing happened to me with 2 Unity rings, 2 Andariel's and 2 Oculus rings.

ferr

It's so hilarious reading d3 official forums. "I just did 4 rifts and got nothing, game broken!" - "But I did 1 rift and got 5 legs!"

The fantastic byproduct of RNG is that there must be a group of people having bad luck to make up for those having good luck. The good luck group isn't going to be bothered as much about how they just got a new item compared with the bad luck group becoming disgruntled and looking to vent somewhere. The perception leans towards the appearance of the entire player base being disgruntled.

It's interesting how blizzard has obeyed this perception by constantly making loot-getting easier and easier through various new mechanics. The increased loot rate in rifts (twice), kadala being buffed to drop torment-only items, caches being buffed.

Boogdud

It's interesting how blizzard has obeyed this perception by constantly making loot-getting easier and easier through various new mechanics. The increased loot rate in rifts (twice), kadala being buffed to drop torment-only items, caches being buffed.

Probably means there are more people with bad luck than intended overall. Honestly up until last night I would swear the game had a vendetta against me. My crusader hasn't gotten anything in 3+ weeks (and he's not well geared by any means), I had sunk probably close to 3000-4000 shards in Kadala and not gotten a single legendary (still haven't actually since I started keeping track). I don't know if I have ever, gotten a legendary since launch from a cache. Then something like last night happens.

Yesterday I found TWO Danetta's revenge in 10 minutes. I'm not able to calculate the odds of something like this to happen but since the same thing happens to many other people (supposedly always when you're not changing game) then there must be something more and not only RNG in motion.

One time, I dropped 3 Danetta Spites in 1 rift. 2 came from the same mob. They all rolled the same stats with different values. Very similar dmg.

Sometimes the loot table theory makes sense. But the nature of randomly generated numbers on computers can often result in patterns that would seem almost statistically impossible. So there's that...

ferr

Probably means there are more people with bad luck than intended overall. Honestly up until last night I would swear the game had a vendetta against me. My crusader hasn't gotten anything in 3+ weeks (and he's not well geared by any means), I had sunk probably close to 3000-4000 shards in Kadala and not gotten a single legendary (still haven't actually since I started keeping track). I don't know if I have ever, gotten a legendary since launch from a cache. Then something like last night happens.

It's hard to determine the quality of loot-getting when 1) people with complaints are more likely to post so your feedback pool is shit, 2) the complaints are about a mechanic that is entirely subjective. If a user comes in and says "I just opened a treasure chest and it killed me", that isn't something that can be confused with subjective perception.. there is a bug in the system that must be fixed. If a user posts "I haven't found a leg in 3 hours" it's not an objective criticism. There is no guarantee that this player will continue to find 0 legs in each 3 hour session.

Beyond "I haven't found a leg" -- we are in a weird stage of RoS where people are hitting the upgrade wall. It's no longer "I haven't found a leg" and is becoming more like "I haven't found a leg that's worth wearing" to "I haven't found a specific leg" and soon "I haven't found the ultimate version of a specific leg." This is probably why Kadala gives torment-only items now. And why in the future we may see the mystic being able to re-roll more than one stat (or something crazy).

I could see them eventually making a super kadala that allows you to straight up buy specific legs. Say 10,000 shards for a calamity with random stats, 30,000 shards for a calamity with "perfect" stats. It would give people a visible goal, at least. And it might actually mean that a person could get a char to T6 in 50 hours instead of 500+ hours so they can actually play other characters. The existence of Kadala is a slippery slope.

Boogdud

It's hard to determine the quality of loot-getting when 1) people with complaints are more likely to post so your feedback pool is shit, 2) the complaints are about a mechanic that is entirely subjective.

I don't think they really take forum feedback into account all that much. I'm pretty sure that all drop data is logged, and they likely just take samples of it at determined intervals to see how the curve looks. If it's too low, they do things to improve it. Honestly, I'd go so far to guess they probably have the capability to change things like drop rates behind the scenes on the fly. Not saying they do it on an individual player basis mind you, but for the algorithm as a whole.

I could see them eventually making a super kadala that allows you to straight up buy specific legs. Say 10,000 shards for a calamity with random stats, 30,000 shards for a calamity with "perfect" stats. It would give people a visible goal, at least. And it might actually mean that a person could get a char to T6 in 50 hours instead of 500+ hours so they can actually play other characters.

I can see that happening as well. Heck, they did the exact same thing in wow, and drop rates are a hell of a lot better in wow than they ever were in d3.

10,000 shards for a Calamity? Lol sign me up.

I think the average person is expected to spend well over 100,000 for a calamity as it is right now.

It would be so hard to pin a number on certain items. I'm not sure if I'd like that. As much as I hate the fact that I'll never get a Calamity... if they suddenly make it easy, I'm not sure I'd get much satisfaction out of having one.

ferr

10,000 shards for a Calamity? Lol sign me up.

I think the average person is expected to spend well over 100,000 for a calamity as it is right now.

It would be so hard to pin a number on certain items. I'm not sure if I'd like that. As much as I hate the fact that I'll never get a Calamity... if they suddenly make it easy, I'm not sure I'd get much satisfaction out of having one.

It is pretty crazy, average chance comes to 37,000 or so shards based on known data.

Discobird

What do?

Those are pretty nice shoulders, grats. I'd hold onto them for now and consider rolling the Companion damage to Sentry damage down the line if you get the 6 pc. With the 6 pc bonus, the hatred spenders that Sentries shoot benefit from skill damage bonuses to the hatred spender (e.g. Cluster Arrow damage bonus), elemental damage bonuses, AND Sentry damage bonuses, meaning it's possible for their spenders to actually do more damage than the player's own.

ferr

Those are pretty nice shoulders, grats. I'd hold onto them for now and consider rolling the Companion damage to Sentry damage down the line if you get the 6 pc. With the 6 pc bonus, the hatred spenders that Sentries shoot benefit from skill damage bonuses to the hatred spender (e.g. Cluster Arrow damage bonus), elemental damage bonuses, AND Sentry damage bonuses, meaning it's possible for their spenders to actually do more damage than the player's own.

If they get elite dmg bonus then yeah that's pretty insane on top of all of that sentry dmg. Makes me want to get new items for lightning skills.. I think I've salvaged like 8 TGods, maybe I have one left. Dazzling arrow + lightning ball is super amazing I bet. I wonder if lightning ball would no longer be considered a spender if you had a kridershot.

Discobird

Yeah it'll work but there's no physical skill that stuns. So there's no synergy on a vaxo that has +physical. Not that it's that big of a deal.

Rain of Vengeance:Flying Strike is pretty nice and coincidentally has the same base cooldown as the Vaxo clones

garath

Can I say I'm insanely jealous of the number of magefists I saw looted in clan last night. Even in the hour or so I played I must have seen 10. For a CA build, I'm sure lacking a lot of the core fire% items. I still need that cindercoat, magefist and andriel's. That said, screw it, I'm going hard into the zoo build. lol

Discobird

If they get elite dmg bonus then yeah that's pretty insane on top of all of that sentry dmg. Makes me want to get new items for lightning skills.. I think I've salvaged like 8 TGods, maybe I have one left. Dazzling arrow + lightning ball is super amazing I bet. I wonder if lightning ball would no longer be considered a spender if you had a kridershot.

Yeah they get elite bonus too, forgot about that

People are saying lightning ball + dazzling arrow is really good with the 6 pc

Can I say I'm insanely jealous of the number of magefists I saw looted in clan last night. Even in the hour or so I played I must have seen 10. For a CA build, I'm sure lacking a lot of the core fire% items. I still need that cindercoat, magefist and andriel's. That said, screw it, I'm going hard into the zoo build. lol

If you ever go full-on gloves at Kadala for a few thousand shards, you'll probably see a few magefists. They're surprisingly common. Especially when you're trying to get something other than Magefists. Though your mileage may vary (rng rng rng).

Celegus

If you ever go full-on gloves at Kadala for a few thousand shards, you'll probably see a few magefists. They're surprisingly common. Especially when you're trying to get something other than Magefists. Though your mileage may vary (rng rng rng).

Same for me actually. Spent thousands of shards before she gave my wizard a pair, then I spent about 400 last night and got two really nice strength pairs while looking for Raekor's.

I found 7 legs in one rift as my Crusader including a pretty nice Jekangbord that I'll never use and a nicely rolled stun shield that I'll also likely never use.

Dunno, I just figured some bored P700 guy out there would gather up 30 of each torment difficulty stash and open them all and record the results :p

With a sample size of 30, you could easily get more legendaries from normal than you would torment 2.

I've done normal in batches of 15 and have found several legendaries. At the same time, I did 15 Torment 2 caches after the patch and found nothing. You'd probably need a very large sample size to actually see a difference.

J0dy77

I found 7 legs in one rift as my Crusader including a pretty nice Jekangbord that I'll never use and a nicely rolled stun shield that I'll also likely never use.

Definitely time to start playing my crusader this week. The chance for clear upgrades is going to be really high.

garath

I tried for a little bit. Maybe 500 shards. I mostly focused on cindercoat to no success. Probably a few thousand shards spent on that.

Now I'm saying screw it and going for the remaining maurader pieces I need, one of which is the ever important shoulders.

I tried for a little bit. Maybe 500 shards. I mostly focused on cindercoat to no success. Probably a few thousand shards spent on that.

Now I'm saying screw it and going for the remaining maurader pieces I need, one of which is the ever important shoulders.

You can go 500 shards without a single leg. That happens very often. 7000+ shards on a cindercoat is not unheard of. I actually felt pretty lucky getting both of my Cindercoats for ~7000 shards each. That can seem very high or very low depending on how much you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom