• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thanks to all the people that joined my Legacy Cheese and spent their rift keys!

Was a really, really long farming session, but it was great.

Dahbomb

I can confirm that Marauder 6 piece set is SUPER LEGIT now.

My pets + Sentries can basically solo T4 and this is with unoptimized gear (no gems in armor pieces, no physical damage on gear to boost their attacks).

Chocobro

I'm sorry I couldn't complete the Marauder set, toastyToast :(

Fantastic day. Marauder gloves, helm, pants, & shoulders, Tasker and Theo, Frostburn, and Harrington Waistguard.

MartyStu

tPGl1HF.png

I hate this game sometimes.

I only have a Wizard, and she already has a ring so this drop is pretty useless to me.

tPGl1HF.png

I only have a Wizard, and she already has a ring so this drop is pretty useless to me.

Woah is you man, woah is you. Meanwhile back in unentitled world there are cats who can't get one royale to drop. Oh man Blizzard is just a bunch of jerks you should write them a stern letter about how disappointed you are.

tPGl1HF.png

So you already have a ring and were doing bounties for... some reason and then you happen to find a baller as fuck str RROG and not another int one which would likely be worse than the one you already have

Wat?

Granadier

Could be worse.

He could have gotten a monk drop.

:O are you with me!?

Yep. I spent the day leveling and gearing my sader. Noticed that the passive for 2handing with a shield doesn't reduce move speed anymore, but why take up a slot when you can go shieldless?

Dahbomb

Illusory Boots apparently can move through Waller now.

Potential item to keep on your inventory in case you get stuck in Waller.

MartyStu

My condolences bro. I feel really sorry for you.

You misunderstand. I am acutely aware that this is a great drop. I am actually ecstatic.

Hell, as mentioned prior, I may consider rolling another character. It just is really not the kind on good luck I was looking for.

Kadala is still fucking me over in terms of mirrorballs. My total so far is EIGHT +1s. And I am swimming in a veritable sea of shitty Triumvates.

The RNG giveth...

jblank83

how's the drop now ?

Seems to be performing as advertised. I average 3-4 drops per hour. Tonight I got 2-3 per rift, total of about 9-10 in one hour, not counting plans. Slightly above average for a doubled chance.

If we were to be super pessimistic, it could be an anomalous result, but I'm sure people will confirm the difference after a day of play.

Radec

Seems to be performing as advertised. I average 3-4 drops per hour. Tonight I got 2-3 per rift, total of about 9-10 in one hour, not counting plans. Slightly above average for a doubled chance.

If we were to be super pessimistic, it could be an anomalous result, but I'm sure people will confirm the difference after a day of play.

Pretty tired so didn't keep track all that well but the last hour of T5 rifts was probably 25-ish total drops for the entire group.

sounds great.

Grampasso

Disgruntled monk post: I spent an hour today improving my gear and the end result is 20k more DPS, bringing it up to a whopping 266k, and most of that improvement comes from the transmission rune on MoR. I can't even fight a fair number of elites on master much less than torment, which is my only desire for my monk, so I'm playing on expert, the same difficulty my level 59 DH is playing, and she could probably handle master. Monster leveling aside, that is pathetic. For the goddamned longest time, my weapon layout has been Doombringer plus a rare shield. I have a 2H that does ~20% more damage but it ain't worth it on higher difficulties. Kadala refuses to give me a weapon with >2000 DPS and never, ever a legendary. During my playtime all the legs I got were recipes or ingredients. Worst of all, my game was public but nobody joined because only scrubs play on expert at level 70.

Does Blizzard give a god damn about my shitty weapons and will 2.1 fix anything for my case?
Mats aren't legs, just saying, and recipes only drop once (if you learn them)

Granadier

Disgruntled monk post: I spent an hour today improving my gear and the end result is 20k more DPS, bringing it up to a whopping 266k, and most of that improvement comes from the transmission rune on MoR. I can't even fight a fair number of elites on master much less than torment, which is my only desire for my monk, so I'm playing on expert, the same difficulty my level 59 DH is playing, and she could probably handle master. Monster leveling aside, that is pathetic. For the goddamned longest time, my weapon layout has been Doombringer plus a rare shield. I have a 2H that does ~20% more damage but it ain't worth it on higher difficulties. Kadala refuses to give me a weapon with >2000 DPS and never, ever a legendary. During my playtime all the legs I got were recipes or ingredients. Worst of all, my game was public but nobody joined because only scrubs play on expert at level 70.

Does Blizzard give a god damn about my shitty weapons and will 2.1 fix anything for my case?

Pick a different class till they change monk
hopefully in 2.1

130 hrs on my monk, and my ~10 hr old sader makes him look like a bitch.

This buff is so damn good. Been raining drops like crazy and I'm having a blast.

Quick question for GAF though if you guys are up for it. Got another Odyn and this one has pretty good rolls except for the strength.

JlZsjkP.png

With that +9% damage, it's giving me around 180 average damage over my current Odyn. I was just wondering if 180 avg damage better or worse than 727 str :x

If not, then its an easy reroll on the +9% dmg to a socket and its still better than my current I believe. I just want to know if there's another option.

Grampasso

sounds great.
Confirmed as well, 2 hours yesterday, 10 legs more or less (didn't actually count them, there were also 2 plans among them). Got another Natalya's helm (yay with CA dmg) and completed the shadow set, great for transmog! Speaking of which, I guess I should step up from Andariel (16% fire dmg) in favor of the latter, losing only 5% fire dmg and getting CHC+ set bonus (already using chest). I also have 2 RRoG but both are really really shitty so I'm not really sure about losing Unity for the natalya's 3set bonus.

ZenaxPure

how's the drop now ?

I decided to do 3 rifts before farming fragments a bit, got 2 legs the first rift, 6 the second, and 6 the third. Was surprised honestly as I've never gotten 6 legs in a single rift before.

3 runs isn't much though, might do a few more tomorrow to see if that kind of luck stays... but I really want to take advantage of the buff to stockpile fragments and try to not do a single bounty until seasons come out at least.

Grampasso

Does %crit dmg not affect the enchantress dmg at all? I gave her the Mad Monarch weapon with socket and her dmg didn't change at all with or without emerald (120% crit dmg)

Totakeke

I posted two threads on the reddit crusader subforum regarding how fire starter works and the new proc coefficients. Useful for anyone figuring out new crusader builds. :)

Fire Starter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOBhCeDrxg

This is not an optimal kill video or anything like that. I don't really have good fire gear, I had 36% +fire on the video from the shield and the ring. This is just to test out how Fire Starter actually works and figure out how to maximize this skill.

Here's the skill description from the patch notes:
  • Dealing damage now burns enemies with the power of Akarat, for 460% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds
What I gathered:
  • Fire Starter procs on any damage you deal, even on gear procs like Fire Walkers.
  • The proc rate is 100% and is not affected by proc coefficients.
  • Fire Starter damage does stack and the displayed tick is cumulative.
  • Fire Starter damage does not crit per tick. Not sure if it's scaled with crit or is crit on cast, probably the former.
Which leads me to the conclusion that you want as many ticks as possible which is why I equipped Fire Walkers (edit: just noticed I uploaded the other kill without fire walkers), threw in Heaven's Fury: Blessed Ground, and Consecration: Shattered Ground, and Fist of the Heavens: Heaven's Tempest in the video to test out on Ghom. On the video, the 20-40mil white ticks going up and down are Fire Starter ticks. This is perhaps not that amazing just yet, but it does show that there's further potential with this.

A simpler example of how this works is just by equipping Fire Walkers, and do nothing but stand still and have mobs get hit by the Fire Walkers effect. Without Fire Starter, the ticks don't get past 1mil. With Fire Starter, the ticks start to go up to past 5mil.

I did run a t4 rift with this setup. It's really not bad on trash and elites. Probably took me 12 mins just screwing around getting a feel for the build. On the succubus rift guardian it did falter because she kept moving around making it hard to stack damage.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/25jiel/lets_talk_about_fire_starter/

New Proc Coefficients

In the 2.0.5 patch notes, there are multiple proc coefficient changes with most of them being noted as "bug fixes". We also got our only ability that scales with proc coefficients changed (Rally) so it's pretty good to assume that these fixes would not have happened without the Rally change. Does this mean proc coefficients are useless now since we don't have rally? Of course not, it is still a very important mechanic not only to proc some of the best weapons and skills (provoke: charged up, holy cause) in the game, but also significantly influences whether life on hit is a stat worth obtaining.

Here's the list of proc coefficient changes in the patch notes:
  • Bombardment - Bug Fix: Fixed an issue causing the proc coefficient to be lower than intended
  • Condemn - Bug Fix: Fixed an issue causing the proc coefficient to be lower than intended
  • Falling Sword - Bug Fix: Fixed an issue causing the proc coefficient to be lower than intended
  • Heaven's Fury - Bug Fix: Fixed an issue causing the proc coefficient to be lower than intended
  • Consecration [Shattered Ground] - Damage from this rune can now trigger procs
  • Justice [Crack] - Proc chance increased from 80% to 100%
  • Provoke [Charged Up] - Bug Fix: The chance to deal damage is now, properly, based on the damaging power's proc coefficient
  • So other than Charged Up, we can pretty much say all of them are buffs. I went to test the new proc coefficients and found that most of them did get a pretty hefty buff, except for Justice - Crack, that still has it's old 0.7 proc coefficient. Not sure what Blizzard is smoking on that one.
Here are the numbers:
But let me warn that my testing may not be fully accurate, and abilities that has DoT components are much more difficult to separate out how each tick does. I'm going to list down the skill name, the old proc coefficient from the google spreadsheet, and the new proc coefficient, then notes if any.

• Bombardment: 0.1 -> 0.48 for all runes except for Impactful Bombardment at 1.0
  • Condemn: 0.25 -> 0.5 for Vacuum and Shattering Explosion. 0.25 -> 0.834 for the rest. Reciprocate's extra hit from accumulated damage also has a 0.834 proc coefficient, effectively doubling the proc, this might be also why the spreadsheet lists Reciprocate's proc as double the others (1.66 proc rate would sound silly)
  • Falling Sword: 0.033 -> 1.0 for Base, Rise Brothers, and Rapid Descent, avatars from Rise Brothers do not proc similar to other avatars. 0.033 -> 0.5 for Superheated, Part the Clouds, and Flurry. Superheated and Flurry dot proc at 0.0125 while Part the Clouds dot procs for 0.083
  • Heaven's Fury: 0.033 -> 0.05 for Base, Blessed Ground, Thou Shalt Not Pass. 0.016 -> 0.05 for Ascendancy, 0.011 -> 0.033 for Split Fury. 0.033 -> 0.5 for Fires of Heaven. This one is quite hard to discern because even one enemy in one tick can get hit by multiple ticks, so take these with a grain of salt. So even if the numbers do look low, it's compensated for the multiple ticks.
  • Consecration: 0.0 -> 0.018 for Shattered Ground. Seems to hit twice per enemy per tick so effectively it's double that.
  • Justice: 0.7 -> 0.7 for Crack, other runes appear to be unchanged as well
Bonus:
  • Akarat's Champion: Fire Starter 0.25 -> 0.25

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/25m8x1/205_new_proc_coefficients/

tl;dr Fire Starter has amazing potential

My luck is great and crap with this buff.. On 1 hand in 3 T1 riffs I got 17 legendaries. On the other hand none of the gear was any good and the rest were plans I don't need for my WD. All I want is the jadefire set and an endless potion. =]

MrDaravon

You listed CDR twice, what were the actual stats? CDR is really nice in a zoo build.

Hexing Pants are great for everything but a Rapid Fire build or a 6 pc Marauder build (b/c you need the slot for Marauder pants) as long as you can stutter step. That's a really big upgrade.

Oh sorry, it was cooldown/cost reduction/skill % (forget which).

Yeah, the Hexing Pants are neat but I am apparently terrible at stutter-stepping, can't seem to trigger the damage increase at all. I might actually keep them on at the moment anyway since I currently have so-so Mara pants equipped, but if I'm rocking full CA with Cindercoat + Magefist, I don't actually have any other Mara pieces so I'm not getting any set bonuses. Also at this point I am probably going for the zoo build so yeah. That said I am messing around with permastrafe options on T1/T2, I really enjoyed that build in vanilla so I'm pretty thrilled I got them don't get me wrong, just wasn't at all what I was specifically looking for.

Tarazet

My little Wizard alt must have a ridiculous random seed. I've played her for about 5 hours total since getting powerleveled to 70, and she already has these. Still working on rerolling the Andy's.

2AooMlP.jpg

ylPXqrg.png

Celegus

The cheese was fun(?) while it lasted, though I'm really bummed I still couldn't get my Raekor's shoulders to drop. Just need that one last piece and I can charge charge charge my way to victory!

DSmalls84

Totall missed the exploit but I had some luck gambling. Found a Cinder Coat and Jade Pants. Just need one more piece for the Jade set bonus now.

Shattered my soul trying to get the Marauder shoulders during the exploit only to get them 30 shards into the 60 I found in my DHs first rift.

Not sure what to reroll. I'd like either %life or armor seeing as I can't get all res (boar helps though). Apparently it's good to also stack some RCR with cluster arrow build but pet damage already being there seems like a no brainer keeper.

What do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom