• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

You can go 500 shards without a single leg. That happens very often. 7000+ shards on a cindercoat is not unheard of. I actually felt pretty lucky getting both of my Cindercoats for ~7000 shards each. That can seem very high or very low depending on how much you play.

I wonder if/how much consecutive buys influences the drop rate. I tend to just store up 200 or so and dump them at once. But I've had zero luck with shards. By zero, I mean in the past 2-3 weeks I've dumped close to 4000 shards, 200 at a time and gotten not even a 'junk' leg.

It probably has nothing to do with it (most definitely), but I'm starting to doubt myself.

Nymerio

Wow, just did a rift after having not played for almost a month. First item that dropped was a legendary. Then I got another 3 legendaries and a set item in the same rift. wtf oO

lilltias

I have made a billion bounties on Normal. Got maybe 2 crappy legendarys.

Did two bounties on T2 today. RoRG on the second try. YISS.

I tried for a little bit. Maybe 500 shards. I mostly focused on cindercoat to no success. Probably a few thousand shards spent on that.

Now I'm saying screw it and going for the remaining maurader pieces I need, one of which is the ever important shoulders.

Yeah about that Cindercoatless club you and are were, remember? ehh we need to talk...

Got it from Kadala, so keep trying

cdyhybrid

mFT6pTA.jpg

Am I kawaii?

Ashodin

Could be worse.

He could have gotten a monk drop.

Yep. I spent the day leveling and gearing my sader. Noticed that the passive for 2handing with a shield doesn't reduce move speed anymore, but why take up a slot when you can go shieldless?
Get indestructible talent, shit is ridiculous with AC. You can't die if you play it right, and you go beast mode with both up, 70% more damage, 50mil crits, it's nuts

cdyhybrid

How is it? Got a profile link?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/yimc808-1960/hero/46224594

Eh, it's alright. I'm only doing T2 and my gear isn't perfectly optimized (still trying to roll stuff). Melts big packs like crazy but small (3 or less) packs and solo mobs (bosses etc.) it feels slower than my Sweep Attack build.

Not sure I'll stick with it, just switched because I got a rift full of ranged mobs that constantly run away.

Calcium

Banned
They need to make this anniversary buff the default legendary drop rate. It really takes the sting out of getting a terrible drop when you know you could potentially get something better in a few minutes instead of every half hour or so.

Lain

Found this Vyr chest, what to remove to roll sockets on it? The Vit or the Crit? I'm guesing Vit but better to ask.

Also, can these Vyr pants be made usable? By which I mean, I used Firebirds with MM mod, switched to the Pox Faulds for the effect since they had a socket already and I could reroll for MM mod. With Vyr I guess I should just go for sockets if I wanted to use them? Or should I go for the MM mod and forget the sockets until I find a pair with the MM mod already to get a pair of sockets on?

garath

Found this Vyr chest, what to remove to roll sockets on it? The Vit or the Crit? I'm guesing Vit but better to ask.

Also, can these Vyr pants be made usable? By which I mean, I used Firebirds with MM mod, switched to the Pox Faulds for the effect since they had a socket already and I could reroll for MM mod. With Vyr I guess I should just go for sockets if I wanted to use them? Or should I go for the MM mod and forget the sockets until I find a pair with the MM mod already to get a pair of sockets on?

1% crit? wow. That's insulting. I'd reroll the crit. I'd find the vitality to be much more useful than a single crit percent.

Dahbomb

"Some of the ground effects are doing too much damage currently, and we intend to tone them down. We don't have an ETA to share yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we do."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674729950?page=3#54
Now I hope people would do some experimentation of their own before declaring that others are suffering from the placebo effect of a new patch. You know who you are!

This isn't the first time they have done something like this which is why it wasn't too shocking to see that stuff was doing more damage.

scy

Now I hope people would do some experimentation of their own before declaring that others are suffering from the placebo effect of a new patch. You know who you are!

This isn't the first time they have done something like this which is why it wasn't too shocking to see that stuff was doing more damage.

So precisely what I told you to do instead of just saying it's true?

cdyhybrid

If something seems broken in a Blizzard game, I generally just roll with the assumption that it is broken. I'm right more often than not.

Dahbomb

So precisely what I told you to do instead of just saying it's true?
I already had experimented on it. It took me longer than 5 seconds to die in Plague pool on Torment 3 before, with this patch it took under 3 seconds. Same skills/passives as before.

But of course claim that people are suffering from placebo effect rather than experimenting on your own.

scy

I already had experimented on it. It took me longer than 5 seconds to die in Plague pool on Torment 3 before, with this patch it took under 3 seconds. Same skills/passives as before.

But of course claim that people are suffering from placebo effect rather than experimenting on your own.

So you tested it before you said that earlier? Because your comment was literally just "It feels like it does more damage." To which I said that sounds like normal post-patch "I bet they stealth buffed/nerfed something" placebo rumblings. You said nothing about actually testing things.

Also, :lol I test more things than basically anyone else here. Are you serious?

Dahbomb

So you tested it before you said that earlier? Because your comment was literally just "It feels like it does more damage." To which I said that sounds like normal post-patch "I bet they stealth buffed/nerfed something" placebo rumblings. You said nothing about actually testing things.

Also, :lol I test more things than basically anyone else here. Are you serious?
When I heard people were saying that stuff was doing more damage I checked it in the T3 bounties in your game. I was doing tests with various elite affixes. That's why I was dying a lot in the Bounty runs, I was at times just standing in pools and timing my deaths. It was doing more damage but I didn't want to make a definitive "this is doing more damage" because it could've been some other random bug (like maybe some affix on an equipment wasn't working). It felt like I was taking more damage and that's what I commented on when I was dismissed as "placebo" effect.

I didn't say that you don't test stuff but in this case you definitely had not tested it properly and instead made a blanket comment about what other people were experiencing.

Ashodin

What? I can stand in Ghom's farts on T4 with Indestructible + AC. Shit ain't nothin' on me!

TVpmrjZ.png

Also someone told me this weapon is gud

scy

I didn't say that you don't test stuff but in this case you definitely had not tested it properly and instead made a blanket comment about what other people were experiencing.

Yes I did make a blanket comment about it. Because until it's tested and not just "feels like it", I'm not going to put any stock into it. If you had just said that you had tested it somehow instead that would've been fair and I probably would've done some as well (though, hard to tell without old values to even compare with). Like, we asked you if you tested it at all or anything and I don't recall you saying anything about having done so. Without testing, it's pretty much just meaningless.

cdyhybrid

Most Crusader endgame builds are Holy right? Trying to figure out what I should be spending my shards on while I wait for a weapon to drop. I'm guessing a Holy Andariel's Visage?

JesseZao

Reposting: If you have a low level version of a crafted set, does that kill your chance of getting the level 70 one? (I would hope not, but maybe there's a way to unlearn it if so)

Anyone?

scy

Thank you!!

And holy shit, 2hNoShield sader is real. Making my main monk look like a little baby. Literally can't die.

The problem with no Shield is you lose a CDR (and CC%!) slot which really hurts down the road :|

Yeah, I'm fire right now and am about to bump up to T3. I guess I was more specifically thinking of T6 builds.

Perma-Akarat will probably allow you some more flexibility but, at the end of the day, it's hard to outperform Fate of the Fell + triple Fires of Heaven.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The problem with no Shield is you lose a CDR (and CC%!) slot which really hurts down the road :|

Perma-Akarat will probably allow you some more flexibility but, at the end of the day, it's hard to outperform Fate of the Fell + triple Fires of Heaven.

The hidden Badass stat makes up for that loss.

Can't wait to get home and play. Been away for work the past two days and will be away Monday-Friday too so this weekend is the only chance to try take advantage of the bonus fragments and leg drop rate. Pretty tired today after just getting back so tonight I might just grind out 2 hours or so of normal bounties and get a few hundred fragments, braindead easy stuff.

Was taking a break from my DH for a little while but I think I will try get a new drop for him this weekend with the bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom