• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

Reposting: If you have a low level version of a crafted set, does that kill your chance of getting the level 70 one? (I would hope not, but maybe there's a way to unlearn it if so)

Anyone?

Reposting: If you have a low level version of a crafted set, does that kill your chance of getting the level 70 one? (I would hope not, but maybe there's a way to unlearn it if so)

Anyone?

I don't think so. AFAIK they are different sets. Like, the level 70 Cain's plan is called "Cain's Destiny" but the lower level ones have a different name.

Ashodin

The problem with no Shield is you lose a CDR (and CC%!) slot which really hurts down the road :|

Perma-Akarat will probably allow you some more flexibility but, at the end of the day, it's hard to outperform Fate of the Fell + triple Fires of Heaven.

It's not as bad as he says, but yeah you lose out on min/maxing.

scy

It's not as bad as he says, but yeah you lose out on min/maxing.

Well, no, it's like really hard to get to the CDR% you need for permanent Akarat's Champion. You're basically forced into a CDR set + CDR Weapon (and probably Amulet too?) to get there.

I don't mean it "hurts" in the sense of taking more damage or whatever. Just that it's really hard to get the breakpoints you're looking for.

Ashodin

Well, no, it's like really hard to get to the CDR% you need for permanent Akarat's Champion. You're basically forced into a CDR set + CDR Weapon (and probably Amulet too?) to get there.

I don't mean it "hurts" in the sense of taking more damage or whatever. Just that it's really hard to get the breakpoints you're looking for.

Right, that's what I meant. It's tougher for a 2HNS to get the stats you want, but I consider that a good challenge.

Blizzard said:
There will be future items with elemental percent damage affix, they do not how ever want to make a "cindercoat" for every element.

nerf for cindercoat inc

Dahbomb

Cindercoat is like two Legendaries in one given how most Legendaries are in this game.

It would've been BiS even if it was either +% Fire damage OR fire resource cost reduction only.

Dahbomb

I read the Twitch anniversary stream summary.

Seems like they will be using Tiered Rifts as basis for balancing. I expect a ton of nerfs in the PTR whenever one class starts out performing others in Tiered rifts. Right now they don't seem to care too much about balance as it's still non competitive. Shit will get real ugly in the PTR I can feel it already.

I like that they are looking into PoE for Ladder/Season ideas and they are dividing rankings by group sizes.

eek5

I read the Twitch anniversary stream summary.

Seems like they will be using Tiered Rifts as basis for balancing. I expect a ton of nerfs in the PTR whenever one class starts out performing others in Tiered rifts. Right now they don't seem to care too much about balance as it's still non competitive. Shit will get real ugly in the PTR I can feel it already.

I like that they are looking into PoE for Ladder/Season ideas and they are dividing rankings by group sizes.

Any build that makes it past 10th floor gets nerfed. Can't wait.

Grampasso

And so... out of the blue, it happened *_*

Immagine_zps839a4854.png~original

I wonder if there's a favored skillset tu put kridershot to better use? Removing danettas heavily dampens my discipline and vaults, maybe I should go for Natalya's or for a pet build with Marauder's?

RoKKeR

Can I get a general consensus on Reaper of Souls and all of the stuff it offers for $40? I'm really getting back into this game but am still unsure I want to drop that much on an expansion pack, especially when I plan to get the game to play w/friends later this year on XBO.

Reading through this thread it seems like I'm missing out on a lot of stuff locked behind RoS.

tn2007

I wonder if there's a favored skillset tu put kridershot to better use? Removing danettas heavily dampens my discipline and vaults, maybe I should go for Natalya's or for a pet build with Marauder's?

That is an amazing Kridershot, congratulations! I finally got a SoJ after 295 Paragon levels, not the best rolls but I will take it. Also got this baby, and now I just need a focus ring to test it out with my Kridershot. This anniversary week has started off great!
2b46bc83a2f724be0ab4e3c0c027a6fe.png

2eb1479dcb1ed22cf71985fff2281c6d.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Can I get a general consensus on Reaper of Souls and all of the stuff it offers for $40? I'm really getting back into this game but am still unsure I want to drop that much on an expansion pack, especially when I plan to get the game to play w/friends later this year on XBO.

Reading through this thread it seems like I'm missing out on a lot of stuff locked behind RoS.

You'd be missing out on a lot if you didn't get RoS.

Realyn

Jeez, didn't play for nearly 2 weeks and found 7 legendaries over the course of one set of bounties. Do you guys think Blizzard has any idea how they are going to balance Ladders with their not so random RNG system?

MrDaravon

Nice! I've given up trying to get my +9% damage roll to +10%, it's like 3 mil a roll now.

If you're going to use the Kridershot usually you're going to run it with a typical CA build, which itself works with the zoo build anyway. I only swap to one handers/Danettas if I'm doing low level bounties/trash farming/permastrafe, if I'm playing higher torments I run the Krider with Frost Arrow (damage + CC) and the usual CA stuff. Don't have enough pieces to run the full zoo build yet unfortunately.

Realyn

Before loot 2.0/removal of ah, the complaint was that the game was too random.

I'm playing the game since release and I prefer the old legendary drop rate. Only problem was that most sets/legendary were crap.

I certainly don't want guaranteed drops. This only leads to "Oh, there goes my guaranteed drop. Whelp, gonna play for 20 more minutes until I get my next one." which is stupid in my view. And well, ladders/every competetive element becomes pointless.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You do realize you are playing with the Anniversary buff right?

Leg drops are at +100% chance right now.

JesseZao

I'm playing the game since release and I prefer the old legendary drop rate. Only problem was that most sets/legendary were crap.

I certainly don't want guaranteed drops. This only leads to "Oh, there goes my guaranteed drop. Whelp, gonna play for 20 more minutes until I get my next one." which is stupid in my view. And well, ladders/every competetive element becomes pointless.

The franchise was saved by 2.0. It would've been dead without the changes they made.

There was nothing competitive about d2 ladders. The top levelers used bots or played constantly. Such skill. That will be the case regardless of rng. The reason people want ladders is for the fresh experience to look forward to when the game gets stale. I'm not sure what "competition" you're looking for.

Realyn

The franchise was saved by 2.0. It would've been dead without the changes they made.

There was nothing competitive about d2 ladders. The top levelers used bots or played constantly. Such skill. That will be the case regardless of rng. The reason people want ladders is for the fresh experience to look forward to when the game gets stale. I'm not sure what "competition" you're looking for.

Then start a new character and you'll get a fresh experience? Why exactly are those people asking for ladders then?

Complaining about getting TOO MANY Legendaries?

LMAO!

I'm complaining about how the drop system works.

Totakeke

? :)

Because you disagree or because I made it sound funny?

Both actually. So yeah, first of all there's a community buff up doubling your legendaries, but even if you did get 7 legendaries in one rift without the community buff, it's still possible and that's is part of being fully random. You're not asking for more random, you're asking for less random.

Realyn

Both actually. So yeah, first of all there's a community buff up doubling your legendaries, but even if you did get 7 legendaries in one rift without the community buff, it's still possible and that's is part of being fully random. You're not asking for more random, you're asking for less random.

Oh come on. It's not that. Blizz themselves talked about an "legendary timer" which changes over time. That's what made chest farming possible in the first place. If you want to I'll look up the blue post.

Totakeke

Oh come on. It's not that. Blizz themselves talked about an "legendary timer" which changes over time. That's what made chest farming possible in the first place. If you want to I'll look up the blue post.

I very much doubt that either chest farming and you getting 7 legendaries have anything to do with the legendary safety net. It's pure unsubstantiated speculation.

Realyn

I very much doubt that either chest farming and you getting 7 legendaries have anything to do with the legendary safety net. It's pure unsubstantiated speculation.

Chest farming only worked because legendaries out of chest/barrels/whatever didn't count on that timer. Well, believe it not. Guess there's not much point to discuss it here ;p.

Also:
I apologize, I was unclear. What I was getting at was that if a legendary drops off-screen and you don't notice it and don't pick it up, it still resets your timer. This happens a lot with split farming;

Totakeke

Chest farming only worked because legendaries out of chest/barrels/whatever didn't count on that timer. Well, believe it not. Guess there's not much point to discuss it here ;p.

Also:

I agree, there's nothing to discuss since it's unsubstantiated speculation.

Realyn

This is one of the downsides of split farming that you have to deal with.

Just teleport to the cleared areas and check for stars before starting a new game.

I'm not complaining. Just saying that Blizz themselves acknowledged a legendary timer which Totakeke isn't agreeing with.

I'm not complaining. Just saying that Blizz themselves acknowledged a legendary timer which Totakeke isn't agreeing with.

What are you talking about exactly? The legendary timer only kicks in after 2-3 hours of not getting a legendary, its nothing but a safety net so that you dont go forever without seeing one.

Realyn

What are you talking about exactly? The legendary timer only kicks in after 2-3 hours of not getting a legendary, its nothing but a safety net so that you dont go forever without seeing one.

Well, that's where I disagree. I would say it works link a hourglass. Slowly goes up and resets once you find one - and to some extent even when you are logged off. How often do you find legendaries back to back? Or from the same monster?

Well, that's where I disagree. I would say it works link a hourglass. Slowly goes up and resets once you find one - and to some extent even when you are logged off.

Well, you're wrong. A blue post specifically stated the timer only is affected while you are fighting monsters, it does nothing when you are AFK in town or not logged in.

Edit: Here is a reddit post with a collection of blue posts on the subject. http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2168xn/there_seems_to_be_a_lot_of_misinformation_about/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom