• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realyn

Well, you're wrong. A blue post specifically stated the timer only is affected while you are fighting monsters, it does nothing when you are AFK in town or not logged in.

As far as I know there is only a post my some tech MVP guy saying this.

Nothing in your edit links to a blue post. Only getting 404's. Now that I think of it isn't this what Travis said half a year ago?

As far as I know there is only a post my some tech MVP guy saying this.

Nothing in your edit links to a blue post.

That's because the posts have been archived, and I don't feel like digging deeper to find it. It still doesn't change the fact that a blue said it. Also, this all started with you saying you got 7 legendaries in a short time today, you do realize the anniversary buff is on and the drop rate is doubled? In two torment 4 rifts my group of 4 found 29 legendaries and the other group in mumble had a similar amount. Previous to the buff it would be around 12.

But I, and judging from others posts have no idea what exactly you are trying to say.

ElyrionX

Haha, official forums are a giant cesspool most of the time but there's funny stuff once in a while like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12878507792

Poor dude got torn to shreds because he worded his title poorly and people assumed he was asking for WD to be buffed. Lulz

Also, as a Wiz main, I am incredibly jealous of how disgustingly powerful WDs can get. I tried playing WD myself but found the class to be very boring to play.

I don't know if I'm finding more gold or Kymbo's Gold. Fun seeing so many legs. Saw a set helm and got excited it was another Marauder piece or Nat, turned out it was a shitty monk set :(

Dahbomb

Well, that's where I disagree. I would say it works link a hourglass. Slowly goes up and resets once you find one - and to some extent even when you are logged off. How often do you find legendaries back to back? Or from the same monster?
I found two Legendaries from the same Rift Guardian.

Since the 100% buff I have been getting back to back Legendaries fairly regularly.

The system works in that you get Legendaries at a regular pace. You can play more efficiently and get more Legendaries per hour. You can gamble for the specific item that you want. I don't see the problem here.

desverger

Man, they nerfed Neph Orbs while I was busy and now I can't use it for my Crusader build. Booty.

Have you tried the bracers that give you neph orbs when you blind enemies (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/promise-of-glory)? You could use the Shield Glare skill to pop those out.

Though, I swear there's something funny going on with those bracers. Seems like my crusader using those never really saw any orbs even with a 100% chance to blind with Shield Glare, and my DH, who has a 3% chance to blind on a hit from a secondary affix from my quiver, seems to be constantly at 3 stack of neph glory.

scy

Last I tried the bracers (granted, quite awhile back), they didn't work at all. So, there's that. There was also that DW issue, though that doesn't really apply to a Crusader.

That said, I thought someone said this was fixed?

Still kinda the same. That I don't like guarenteed drops and don't believe in a 4-6 month old bluepost clearing it all up.

The "guaranteed" drop is more there as a means of making sure you don't somehow go well over the expected time for a drop given X% drop chance. That is, it kicks in well beyond the 2-3 hour mark you're quoting for by the time you get once.

For pretty much all of your drops when actively playing, they will be regular drops that happen due to RNG. I've consistently over the course of weeks gotten 12-15 drops per hour in a four man group in T4/T5 (25-30+ with the ongoing buff). You're not really going to be seeing cases of "well, do X until I get a drop and then 30m later I'll do it again for more" gaming the system. You'll get better returns just actively playing.

Edit:

Chest farming only worked because legendaries out of chest/barrels/whatever didn't count on that timer. Well, believe it not. Guess there's not much point to discuss it here ;p.

Also:

Wait, you do realize this and what you quoted are two contradictory statements, correct? That quote literally says that those drops count towards the timer. Chest farming worked because they were the equivalent of an Elite kill and were impacted by Torment multipliers for their drops. It was basically a quick way to get the equivalent of a 5-6+ elite packs every 2-3 minutes with no killing involved.

desverger

Last I tried the bracers (granted, quite awhile back), they didn't work at all. So, there's that. There was also that DW issue, though that doesn't really apply to a Crusader.

That said, I thought someone said this was fixed?

To me, it seems like "skill based blinds" don't proc the orbs, but blinds from secondary affixes do. I could be completely wrong though. Guess I gotta try it tonight when I get home to see if it works on my crusader.

Grampasso

Nice! I've given up trying to get my +9% damage roll to +10%, it's like 3 mil a roll now.

If you're going to use the Kridershot usually you're going to run it with a typical CA build, which itself works with the zoo build anyway. I only swap to one handers/Danettas if I'm doing low level bounties/trash farming/permastrafe, if I'm playing higher torments I run the Krider with Frost Arrow (damage + CC) and the usual CA stuff. Don't have enough pieces to run the full zoo build yet unfortunately.
o_O OMG I feel so lucky, that one was my second roll! On the other hand my Haunt of Vaxo refuses to roll higher than 54% CHD >_> Must be at 40 rerolls now...

eek5

Finally got a TMF to replace the two I salvaged before this patch.

SNQ1wil.png

Rolled 4.5->5 CC then got the CD so went with CD since I'm already 52.5% w/o ring. This thing is insane. 50-60m crits alone. 72-75 crits w/ pirahnado/strongarms. 110m crits when I pop harringtons..

WD OP!

Zertez

I had a lot of fun playing D3 last night for the first time in a month.As some already know I fell asleep about a month ago playing D3 on my desktop PC. I ended up sleeping on my arm the wrong way and cut off blood circulation to most of my arm for a long time. It killed a lot of the nerve endings. The Doctor diagnosed me with radial neuropathy or Saturday Night Palsy, the name some have given it since many drunk people will get it when they pass out in some of the worse positions possible. I had to learn to do almost everything all over with my arm. I couldnt type, write, lift anything, grasp something, move my fingers much, hold my wrist up, wave, etc. Luckily pushing myself with physical therapy, I have most of my functions in my arm back now.

A warning to those feeling sleepy or who have passed out on the keyboard while doing work or playing a game, stop playing and go to sleep. The risks of sleeping in a bad position isnt worth it. You can screw up your hands, arms, neck, shoulder and legs. I have slept on my keyboard many times in life before this, but I wont ever do it again. My guild mates in EQ use to have my phone number in case I feel asleep that is how often I use to pass out at the keyboard, but now that I know first hand of the dangers I wont do it again.

ElyrionX

I had a lot of fun playing D3 last night for the first time in a month.As some already know I fell asleep about a month ago playing D3 on my desktop PC. I ended up sleeping on my arm the wrong way and cut off blood circulation to most of my arm for a long time. It killed a lot of the nerve endings. The Doctor diagnosed me with radial neuropathy or Saturday Night Palsy, the name some have given it since many drunk people will get it when they pass out in some of the worse positions possible. I had to learn to do almost everything all over with my arm. I couldnt type, write, lift anything, grasp something, move my fingers much, hold my wrist up, wave, etc. Luckily pushing myself with physical therapy, I have most of my functions in my arm back now.

A warning to those feeling sleepy or who have passed out on the keyboard while doing work or playing a game, stop playing and go to sleep. The risks of sleeping in a bad position isnt worth it. You can screw up your hands, arms, neck, shoulder and legs. I have slept on my keyboard many times in life before this, but I wont ever do it again. My guild mates in EQ use to have my phone number in case I feel asleep that is how often I use to pass out at the keyboard, but now that I know first hand of the dangers I wont do it again.

Jesus christ dude. Good to hear you are fine now. From what you posted, you are not yet 100% recovered? How is that coming along?

gimmmick

Holy shit bro! I'm happy to hear that you are alright. I'm sorry that it happened to you, hope for the best with your recovery!

Fatphotog

Banned
Finally got a TMF to replace the two I salvaged before this patch.

SNQ1wil.png

Rolled 4.5->5 CC then got the CD so went with CD since I'm already 52.5% w/o ring. This thing is insane. 50-60m crits alone. 72-75 crits w/ pirahnado/strongarms. 110m crits when I pop harringtons..

WD OP!

I don't understand how you guys are getting crit hits in the hundreds of millions. My wiz is almost 900,000 dps unbuffed, and that includes 300% crit hit damage and 42% crit hit chance, I get crit hits every other hit, but they only range from 4-6 million. I can mow through t2 like its normal. Am I reading the numbers wrong?

dengatron

I don't understand how you guys are getting crit hits in the hundreds of millions. My wiz is almost 900,000 dps unbuffed, and that includes 300% crit hit damage and 42% crit hit chance, I get crit hits every other hit, but they only range from 4-6 million. I can mow through t2 like its normal. Am I reading the numbers wrong?

completely different classes with completely different mechanics. try archon, youll start critting for 40-50 mil with the punches and beam ticks, and the explosion gets pretty nasty.
300% crit hit damage is kind of middle of the road. max for a single weapon class is around 480.

Sambrez_

How is your elemental % damage ?
That's pretty much all that count at one point.

ElyrionX

The big numbers only come in when you stack even more CHC and CHD and skill and elemental damage affixes.

However, no matter what you do, you still won't hit numbers as big as the WDs
because WDs are OP, Blizzard plz.

JoeMartin

Your 'damage' stat is literally that - If you were to just left click attack an enemy endlessly, that's how much damage you would do per second.

Downfield DPS depends on a whole slew of class mechanics, interactions of skills with items and amount and disposition of available targets, many of which are directly affected by your 'damage' statistic. Sure my sheet dps is around 800 thousand, but with 15 fetishes up my actual downfield dps on a single target is probably somewhere near 150 million - the damage stat not reflecting amount of fetishes, bonuses from +% elemental damage, MoJ/T&T/TMF, etc.

Also TMF turns your dog into McGruff - taking a bite out of health bars.

MrDaravon

o_O OMG I feel so lucky, that one was my second roll! On the other hand my Haunt of Vaxo refuses to roll higher than 54% CHD >_> Must be at 40 rerolls now...

Yeah, ammys are a bitch. I have a nice Oroborous (sp) amulet on my DH that has been stuck at 69% CHD forever, last night I finally got it up...to 79%, and this is all after like 30-40 rolls.

Then on a lark I rolled an amazing 93% CHD trifecta on a great Moonlight Ward on a total lark on my first try just to see if I could do it on my cyclone Monk to see how it worked out. RNG is a bitch.

bcl0328

I gave up on Kadala with Vyr Boots. I'm easily at 20K shards with nothing to show for but Firebird boots and boj... Boj.... BOJ!

i finally got mine the other night from kadala. then i do some bounties and they drop. so now i have 2 pairs of vyrs boots. i swear it's like they increased set items drop rate because in 160 hours of play i've only seen one set piece drop. after that i got 2 pairs of vyrs pants, 2 firebirds pants, and firebirds boots.

wow, that sounds awful. i occasionally fall asleep on my left arm in bed and i will wake it and it's completely numb and i can't move my hand or fingers. i'm not sure how long i sleep on my arm, but after a few minutes i regain feeling and control. this has happened a few times.

They didn't actually increase the cache drop rate though I don't believe?

yes, T2 and above is higher chance to get legendary.

Omnicent

Anyonebody no some good communities to join for farming items (Essence of The Twin Sea's in particular. Man that drop... fuck that drop *calms down*)?
I was running T3/T4 doing the Act 2 method and adventure mode (check for razormourth and the do sewers) methods for 3 hours (mobs spawn pretty often, but no drops. I think I will just do rifts and cache's till the even is over at this point, though I will try few hours each night)
I did a search, but all the ones I pulled up were dead.

CRA5H

Talk about luck..

Last night, a buddy and I were rifting T2. We were talking about how we both wanted a TF.. next thing you know it.. a TF drops for my friend. Then I mentioned how I was jealous but my Odyn Son still keeps me happy. 5 Minutes later, another Odyn Son drops for me.

For the rest of the night, I kept mentioning TF over and over... to no avail. RNGsus save me!

th3dude

Wow. Glad to hear you are ok. Just last weekend I started 'head bobbing' while playing a late night session. I will certainly keep this in mind in the future.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and glad to see you are back online.

So you tested it before you said that earlier? Because your comment was literally just "It feels like it does more damage." To which I said that sounds like normal post-patch "I bet they stealth buffed/nerfed something" placebo rumblings. You said nothing about actually testing things.

Also, :lol I test more things than basically anyone else here. Are you serious?

Just concede that you are wrong and he is right... it's painful to read

Celegus

Guess I shouldn't have been surprised given just how well everything was going for me yesterday (read: terrible), I had absolutely horrid luck in Diablo. I got 3 legs in a rift once, and then either 0 or 1 for the other 15 I did. Saw so many people unid'ing stacks of 7-8 at a time, it was nuts. Mabye the weekend will be kinder.

ChronoX

Ever since patch 2.0.5 was released I have literally only gotten guaranteed Forgotten Souls drops from Rift Bosses. I have no idea what's going on. I don't understand the point of Forgotten Soul drops when you can simply get them by salvaging legendary gear. Why not just drop legendary gear instead?

WTF this exact thing just happened to another Gaffer from LEGO-GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111902926&postcount=11166

Are you him?

bcl0328

Ever since patch 2.0.5 was released I have literally only gotten guaranteed Forgotten Souls drops from Rift Bosses. I have no idea what's going on. I don't understand the point of Forgotten Soul drops when you can simply get them by salvaging legendary gear. Why not just drop legendary gear instead?

do you really want to be fully geared in a week?

bcl0328

That stuff sounds terrifying.. just from sleeping in a strange position?! Man.

yep, as i mentioned earlier, happens to me all the time. only issue i have now is when driving for a long period with my left arm i have to lower it and rest it because i start to feel tingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom