• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

RNG was smiling on me last night. Got both these within 5 mins of eachother:

gw8OpvL.png

Nice! I got super lucky on my Thundergod's (rolled literally close to perfect) but haven't been able to get any of the endgame monk weapons at all yet (SoH, TF, Odyn, etc). Got a friend who's not on very often who plays Monk who will be around this weekend, will probably get some Monk action going on trying to get those.

Yo,

Can someone give me the skinny on the 6pc Physical Marauders Build? Someone was dropping the technology on me in mumbles last night but I forgot it all.

Essentially run Chakram instead of a hatred generator with phys runes for it and CA.

word on passives? What rune should I run for sentry then?

What are ideal bracers/neck?

Kadala wants to keep me from getting Vyr boots so much that she's willing to give me these instead:

MhTm3ku.png

Still trying for Vyr boots. I really want to try that set.

Celegus

Is it that good? I got one to drop last night, too. Also, why is Maximus considered the best for Crusader? I put mine on one of my character's Enchantress.

High damage, +fire, and the fire chains are totally bananas if you have a decent amount of +fire. Used to use one on my wizard and it would just shred things to bits, but it's even easier to position with a close range character like a Crusader. It's amazing for bosses especially, something Crusaders have problems with in general.

Tom Penny

I don't understand how you guys are getting crit hits in the hundreds of millions. My wiz is almost 900,000 dps unbuffed, and that includes 300% crit hit damage and 42% crit hit chance, I get crit hits every other hit, but they only range from 4-6 million. I can mow through t2 like its normal. Am I reading the numbers wrong?

I don't get it either. People tell me they crit 100m - 200+ m all the time with Gargantuan and I don't get it. I stacked fire and have high crit and do like 50-60 million and a rare 100+ with Voodoo buff. Makes no sense to me.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I don't get it either. People tell me they crit 100m - 200+ m all the time with Gargantuan and I don't get it. I stacked fire and have high crit and do like 50-60 million and a rare 100+ with Voodoo buff. Makes no sense to me.

I imagine Mask of Jeram and Tasker + Theo factor into those numbers.

Here's my current character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RDespair-1773/hero/45967013

I crafted a Piro Marella (reduces cost of Shield Bash by about half) last night that I'm thinking of switching to. Strength, Vitality, and CDR are all a little less than the Jekangbord I have, block is higher, and the other two bonuses are some max wrath & a gem slot. My thinking is that I already have solid group damage via Blade of Prophecy-enhanced Condemns and a good single-target skill would be of more use to me than Blessed Shield. Good idea or bad idea?

I can do T5 on my DH with Unity. Anarchs\angels still give me trouble but I can manage thanks to boar. I'd probably get along better with 6-piece marauder but.... boots :(

Not sure if it's worth doing over T4 though.

eek5

I don't see how Tasker would make a larger number, just numbers more often.

Nah. Garg doesn't change his attack animation so T&T's just increase its damage by 40-50%. But yes, 200m+ garg hits are a combo of:

Midnight Feast, BBV, T&T, MoJ

Omnicent

I don't see how Tasker would make a larger number, just numbers more often.

I remeber reading that Gargantua attacks at a constant rate earlier in this thread and that pet IAS is factored into it (it is just a multiple so I guess it's something like pet IAS * current damage output, so it gets the damage of the IAS).

Also I need to not post before getting up to date in the thread since eek5 already covered it.

Celegus

Nah. Garg doesn't change his attack animation so T&T's just increase its damage by 40-50%. But yes, 200m+ garg hits are a combo of:

Midnight Feast, BBV, T&T, MoJ

Oh, that's neat. Not exactly what I'd expect given the tooltip, but at least it's factored in. What's BBV? I'm atrocious with acronyms.

Dahbomb

Blizzard said they are going to work on the issue of everyone putting Emeralds in weapons.

I wonder what they are going to do...

Celegus

I might be okay with that, even if it would mean changing a lot of my gear. Right now there's literally no option other than stacking CC / CHD, which is pretty boring. Weapon without a socket? Useless. Gloves without at least CC/CHD? Useless.

Boogdud

Mind you if they cap CC/CHD they'll have to rebalance Torment monster health

"CHD has been capped at ??% with diminishing returns past ??%, we've also introduced a new and exciting challenge to monster health levels! (by not changing them at all).

For efficiency sake I probably should have just kept doing rifts, especially with the current bonus but I had an interesting night at least.

Got the Devastator plan drop so I spent some time getting a couple of shattered stones to craft a couple. 4 attempts, didn't get a great result. Not to sure when I will use it, currently trying to go lightning on my Monk.

Managed to get a Cloak of Garwulf. Again not sure when I will use it as I am currently sitting on only 45% fire damage so taking my Cindercoat off atm is not an option.

And for no real reason I grinded out this piece of shit ring with piece of shit rolls.

Special thanks for Xanathus for helping with the Ubers.

ZenaxPure

Not exactly sure how capping CHD would solve that specific issue to be honest. Weapons are still the best place to get CHD so people would still use emeralds to reach the cap (unless the cap was just a base value you could not increase through gear, but then I assume everyone would just use either rubies or diamonds, so same problem).

Has to be something more.

scy

Not exactly sure how capping CHD would solve that specific issue to be honest. Weapons are still the best place to get CHD so people would still use emeralds to reach the cap (unless the cap was just a base value you could not increase through gear, but then I assume everyone would just use either rubies or diamonds, so same problem).

Has to be something more.

Pretty much. CHD cap would just move CHD off other gear slots but wouldn't fix the weapon (or Amulet, probably) from being a CHD source.

Really though, they need more interesting niche options with gems for something to really compete for the Weapon socket. If a nerf / buff happens, it'll most likely just be a case of everyone switching to the same new best option.

Boogdud

The cap, it's coming!

(Nah, I'm expecting legendary gems to have crazy attributes making them a though choice between emeralds and legs)

I just had a thought... what if they change gems in weapons entirely? Instead of:

Emerald: Crit Damage
Ruby: +damage
Amethyst: +life
Topaz: melee damage per hit
Diamond: elite dmg %

it instead went to:

Emerald: Lighting %
Ruby: Fire %
Amethyst: Cold%
Topaz: Holy %
Diamond: All % (but lower #)

:O

Sure would make it easier to change your spec/build for new gear. Rather than having drop rates completely determine your build. Which is something a lot of people are complaining about.

edit: since I forgot poison and arcane... just add recipes to the jeweler to combine existing gems (hopefully this would be a free recipe). R+B = Arcane G+Y = Poison.

cdyhybrid

I just had a thought... what if they change gems in weapons entirely? Instead of:

Emerald: Crit Damage
Ruby: +damage
Amethyst: +life
Topaz: melee damage per hit
Diamond: elite dmg %

it instead went to:

Emerald: Lighting %
Ruby: Fire %
Amethyst: Cold%
Topaz: Holy %
Diamond: All % (but lower #)

:O

Sure would make it easier to change your spec/build for new gear. Rather than having drop rates completely determine your build. Which is something a lot of people are complaining about.

Sign me the fuck up.

They could add new gems or combine them to cover all the elements!

Dahbomb

Unless there's a massive Itemization change CHD on weapons will be king.

If they nerf CHD in weapons then people will go to either Rubies or Diamonds in weapons.

If they cap CHD it would be the same thing really.

And yea no matter what happens people will just use the best option. I do kinda like the idea of gems giving different elements but there currently aren't enough gems to cover all elements.

One way they could do it is:

Topaz: Arcane (if Wizard), Poison (if WD or DH), Holy (if Monk or Crusader)
Amethyst: Cold
Emerald: Lightning:
Ruby: Fire
Diamond: Physical

ferr

i'm not sure if CHD capping is going to be it. i could see them buffing weapon-gem bonuses for non-green gems.

they should release a set of legendary gems that grants a legendary power. something generic enough to please all classes yet powerful enough to make 130 CHD look boring. "killing an enemy reduces all cooldowns by 1 second" for example.

Celegus

Festish Army and Fetish Sycophant will have different fetish caps in patch 2.1.

Blue post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673199944#13

They don't now? So it's pointless to be using both currently? I could never keep track of how many of those littler buggers I had out at a time.

Apparently Jesse McGree said on the stream last night that Pandemonium Fortress rifts no longer spawn

hhhhnnnngggghhh

Nice! I thought I haven't seen one in a while.

Hehe, 85% through a T3 rift with no legs. Was about to complain, but then these dropped within 30 seconds of each other...

I know they used to roll without +lightning, but all 4 of mine haven't rolled a socket or main stat, which makes it pretty useless. That Sun Keeper looks nearly identical to mine, awesome weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom