• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Wish this dropped on a melee instead of my wizard:
zoL.jpg
I spent a couple millions trying to get the socket on it to at least drop it on my Enchantress, only to find out it's worse than what I already had on her. Ah well.

traveler

Not Wario
I like the elemental gem idea. Maybe add a baseline increase to chd alongside it to keep the end numbers the same. Gems still wouldn't be much of a decision point in weapons, as you'd just pick the gem that goes with your element, but at least all gems would be used AND the option of going socketless in favor of elite damage, cdr, or something else wouldn't be absurd with the right build as it is right now. (On that note, maybe they could also address it by tuning up other weapon affixes at the same time- buff resource regen, cdr, rcr, elite dmg on weapons, etc.) And, as an added bonus, it'd function as a stealth nerf to fire damage since fire can be stacked so much higher than the other elements already, meaning the loss of chd to it vs the gain in element will be less beneficial than it will for others.

scy

More Crusader days!

I want one with CDR :( I also need to find my Fire gear at some point and give a proper Fire test for T5/T6.

garath

Well T2 is officially easy now. I guess I'm making the climb little by little. The elemental change as well as the Awareness change really helped my DH from the patch. I was doing T2 without difficulties but now it's on "turn brain off" status.

I'll have to give T3 rifts a shot tonight solo and with some people and see how it goes. I tend to be conservative in moving up Tiers to keep the clears as fast as possible. I hate the slog of running out of hatred and just kiting with entangled shot for ages. Boring.

986k sheet dps
5.8mil toughness

I'm trying to refocus on getting that Maurader's set now. I have the helm in the bank waiting for either Maurader's shoulders or a RRoG. Then I can rock the zoo build and maybe try to get some +physical% wrists or something.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Going to put some good time in tonight and see what I can accomplish.

Discobird

Well T2 is officially easy now. I guess I'm making the climb little by little. The elemental change as well as the Awareness change really helped my DH from the patch. I was doing T2 without difficulties but now it's on "turn brain off" status.

I'll have to give T3 rifts a shot tonight solo and with some people and see how it goes. I tend to be conservative in moving up Tiers to keep the clears as fast as possible. I hate the slog of running out of hatred and just kiting with entangled shot for ages. Boring.

986k sheet dps
5.8mil toughness

I'm trying to refocus on getting that Maurader's set now. I have the helm in the bank waiting for either Maurader's shoulders or a RRoG. Then I can rock the zoo build and maybe try to get some +physical% wrists or something.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Going to put some good time in tonight and see what I can accomplish.

Nice, once you find that Cindercoat or Pride's Fall you should easily be able to up a tier with the fire build

Celegus

I like the elemental gem idea. Maybe add a baseline increase to chd alongside it to keep the end numbers the same. Gems still wouldn't be much of a decision point in weapons, as you'd just pick the gem that goes with your element, but at least all gems would be used AND the option of going socketless in favor of elite damage, cdr, or something else wouldn't be absurd with the right build as it is right now. (On that note, maybe they could also address it by tuning up other weapon affixes at the same time- buff resource regen, cdr, rcr, elite dmg on weapons, etc.) And, as an added bonus, it'd function as a stealth nerf to fire damage since fire can be stacked so much higher than the other elements already, meaning the loss of chd to it vs the gain in element will be less beneficial than it will for others.

That sounds awesome. I really hope they consider the weapon gems as elemental damage idea, however it's implemented. That way it would still be very useful to have a socket, but not an absolute deal breaker if not, and not vital to every single character.

garath

Nice, once you find that Cindercoat or Pride's Fall you should easily be able to up a tier with the fire build

Don't say the C-word. I'm still salty about the hunt for that lol. I'm basically saying screw it and going straight Maurader's/zoo with the garwulf. If I can get those pieces lol.

Don't say the C-word. I'm still salty about the hunt for that lol. I'm basically saying screw it and going straight Maurader's/zoo with the garwulf. If I can get those pieces lol.

You you have to come up with a sad post congratulating another gaffer that got it and accepting defeat, then you'll get it. that's how it happened for me.

BTW plagued doing way to much damage was hotfixed.

Discobird

Ironically it's harder to gamble one now that Kadala gives Torment-only legs. Both because the pool has been diluted and because the opportunity cost of gambling on a monk went up (no chance for Marauder's) D:

garath

Ironically it's harder to gamble one now that Kadala gives Torment-only legs. Both because the pool has been diluted and because the opportunity cost of gambling on a monk went up (no chance for Marauder's) D:

Yeah. I spent so many shards (thousands and thousands) on chests to no avail. Got every variety of cloak, but no cindercoat. I was going to level my Monk just to try that but frankly I was tired of it so I started gambling for something else.

Come to think of it, I don't believe I'm using a single thing Kadala gave me. Oh well. that's RNG

I'm all about the Maurader's now.

IlludiumQ36

The problem with the CC/CD affixes is that there are no compelling alternatives, the limitation to specific gear slots, and 4 primary slots per item.

Given the choice between 6% crit chance or 7%RCR/8%CDR/10%AD/600regen......well, that's not really a choice at all.

scy

So Archon.

Fire stacking or max CDR, what say you?

Do both as best you can with the emphasis on better Archon uptime.

The problem with the CC/CD affixes is that there are no compelling alternatives, the limitation to specific gear slots, and 4 primary slots per item.

Given the choice between 6% crit chance or 7%RCR/8%CDR/10%AD/600regen......well, that's not really a choice at all.

I mean, a lot of builds are willing to give up CC on rings for CHD+CDR setups. 40%/400% or around there is worth it for higher uptime. Like, I'm fine sacrificing some stats to try and get 100% Akarat's Champion.

Edit: Though the ideal is CC/CHD/CDR, though it's not going to happen on the rings you'll actually be using (RoRG, SoJ).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got a good shield after 15 crafts for my Shield Bash build, the best thing is it's a Crusader shield so I can finally use the transmog I want.

JesseZao

I got the 1h flail that removes the blessed shield cost...but it's a 1h so the rest of my skills would be gimped. Anyone make a build around it yet? Max cdr and attack spd with no primaries/all cd skills?

Celegus

I got the 1h flail that removes the blessed shield cost...but it's a 1h so the rest of my skills would be gimped. Anyone make a build around it yet? Max cdr and attack spd with no primaries/all cd skills?

I don't think it's been done yet, maybe you can try it and let us know how it goes?

Just jelly. And get a Jengaboard.

Firemind

Ugh. I don't know how to spend my shards. I want FotF, Gyrfalcon's Foote, Vyr's amazing stuff, SoJs of every element.

Is it possible to get Teleport down to 2 seconds now that it has a cooldown of 11 seconds? Cause I want to try out The Oculus. Is it (11-4)*(1-cdr) or 11*(1-cdr)-4?

jblank83

You've given me the whole fucking set of this useless set.

I have all 7 pieces, most of them good rolls. I have full Tal Rasha as well. Yet I only have 2 pieces of Vyr's, the set I actually want.

Anyway, enough about me. Blizzard promised to buff the set bonus. I'm not very hopeful, as all of my equips are arcane. I'll wait patiently to see if it ends up super useful though. You never know.

Celegus

Blizzard please.

You've given me the whole fucking set of this useless set.

For now, they mentioned it will be improved in 2.1 along with the monk sets and stuff. Whenever that might be. But even then, it's hard to imagine giving up Cindercoat/Magefist/Andy's for it, so the bonus better be good.

RDreamer

As for elements and sockets on weapons. What if they put sockets in its own category for weapons. That category can roll an elemental damage percentage (so fire, lightning, physical, or elemental resource reduction percentage (like cindercoat has) OR a socket (so it can't have all of these things).

Basically a reroll you could get something like:
Physical damage +20%
Fire Resource reduction -20%
Socket

Then they should also buff some of the other values so they'd be a bit more desirable compared to CHD.

Getting a little bored sometimes of doing bounties and rifts. Anywhere you guys suggest I should farm as a Barb? Currently doing T1 pretty well solo, just get tired of the same old same old. Didn't know if there was a good spot to farm for gear or just keep praying I get luck.

scy

Not sure if this a serious question? This was one of the two most common Crusader builds pre-patch. The primary build for this just got nerfed a bit (Shattering Throw was nearly halved in damage) but it's still decent for the mid-Torments.

JesseZao

Not sure if this a serious question? This was one of the two most common Crusader builds pre-patch. The primary build for this just got nerfed a bit (Shattering Throw was nearly halved in damage) but it's still decent for the mid-Torments.

I'm a gear/build noob and haven't researched different builds since I didn't have the drops. I was serious. Guess my specualtion was decent.

My build right now is blind/slash/sweep fire with consecration/akarat/provoke. I swap provokes slot out for various things.

scy

I'm a gear/build noob and haven't researched different builds since I didn't have the drops. I was serious. Guess my specualtion was decent.

My build right now is blind/slash/sweep fire with consecration/akarat/provoke. I swap provokes slot out for various things.

Man, I could've sworn you were posting amongst some of the Gyrfalcon discussions before.

Anyway, yeah, it's a Blessed Shield + buddies build, basically. It's a lot worse off now but it should still be doable. I ran basically this setup right after the patch.

Humorously, they haven't updated the calculator yet. welp?

jblank83

Was doing RIF and killed some trash mob after the RG then this fell. What to reroll for wizard with MM/Conflag?

The damage range. The one that says "1000-1278 Lightning Damage". Try to get up over 1400 on the high end, preferably over 1450.

Alternatively, you could also go for 10% dmg in place of the chance to deal area dmg. That might be just a little more overall dmg, but I'm not sure about that. If it is, it'd probably be a minor difference. Let's see if someone can clarify further, though.

RDreamer

Man, I could've sworn you were posting amongst some of the Gyrfalcon discussions before.

Anyway, yeah, it's a Blessed Shield + buddies build, basically. It's a lot worse off now but it should still be doable. I ran basically this setup right after the patch.

Humorously, they haven't updated the calculator yet. welp?

Is it really that worse off? It's worse off without the legendary flail, sure. But with the flail you have access to the passive that ups IAS and cool down. (plus you put on the passive that ups the damage and gets it closer to what it was). You're not paying any resources for blessed shield anymore, so IAS is extremely good then. And that was IAS and cool down that didn't exist before the nerf.

That's really what I'm thinking happened. They had the idea for that passive to differentiate 1 hand and 2 hand stuff. Then they realized everyone with that flail would be MASSIVELY overpowered with that passive too along with the free blessed shield. So, they cut damage.

Also they didn't just cut damage. They did up the main hit damage. So they made it better against individual mobs and just slightly worse against groups. Which was good because that skill sucked against individual mobs as it was.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
For now, they mentioned it will be improved in 2.1 along with the monk sets and stuff. Whenever that might be. But even then, it's hard to imagine giving up Cindercoat/Magefist/Andy's for it, so the bonus better be good.

Heh, they should give it a real HP-based exploding palm effect just for maximum trolling potential.

The Cowboy

Wohoo - not interesting news for most people I'm recon, but i am very happy as i love my Wizard GoO Wand/Slow Time build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675059981?page=2#24
128787388684 said:
Hello, Wizards!

Slow Time currently has a bug associated with it that prevents a single Wizard from having multiple Slow Time fields up at once. We're planning to take care of this bug in an upcoming patch (currently 2.1.0), and we'll be sure to let you know if any of that changes. Thanks for all of the reports, and be sure to enjoy the anniversary buff while it's here!

jblank83

well either way, is cc or chd better than int?

You can simulate some of these decisions through paragon points. Reset all your CHD and INT and AS to 0. Pump each one up individually and look at your sheet DPS.

Sheet DPS isn't totally accurate, of course, but it gives you some kind of metric. And in this metric CHD wins out over both INT and AS. On that subject, INT and AS both seem to be valued about equally, such that 7% AS is more or less as valuable as 450 INT.

From personal experience, which isn't always accurate of course, my opinion is that CHD trumps everything. It's the single most valuable, effective, desirable stat on any item. I've confirmed this, solely to my own satisfaction and not through objective recordable metrics nor in builds other than MM or Spectral Blade Wizard, via crude "how fast does stuff die" tests, using duplicate items with slightly different stats (one with CHD, one with AS, etc).

So I would either reroll the INT or the AS into CHD. Personally I would reroll AS, as INT is also valuable in terms of damage mitigation through all resist, and has other beneficial effects. The only caveat is that AS may be useful in some particular build, which I can't speak to. This also assumes that you already have approximately 50% critical chance.

Discobird

One reason to reroll mainstat on an SOJ, if you're happy with the random stat (IAS in your case), is that you can share the SOJ with other classes that use the same element.

If I had an SOJ with good crit chance or crit damage I'd probably do that. Dunno about IAS since that's not as universally valuable.

Dahbomb

I would say that CHD is best on Amulets because 100% CHD is absurd but on Rings the + damage roll can out perform it in some situation. And for some builds CC is more desirable if you can only have one of the two (like say on a SoJ or a RROG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom