• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pretty much ready to go, all your pets will just hit twice as hard. Use the Wrathful Protector rune for Gargantuan for ultimate melting power. Since you aren't using Quetzalcoatl anymore replace Locusts with Big Bad Voodoo (Slam Dance) and watch your Gargantuan kill packs in milliseconds

Grimadin

Neo Member
Has anyone been having troubles with this last patch/hotfix? I can't play for more than 20 min without my computer shutting down. Its happened three times today whereas I played for a couple hours straight last night.

Maybe bad drivers? Would like to play again but not to safe while playing hardcore.

RIP LittlePig you brave crusader

scy

All Resist -> CC% there. The CDR or Life% is still nice to have on the helm, even for most WD builds. You have so much AR in general due to being an INT class in addition to 700+ VIT being worth it compared to 90-ish AR.

ElyrionX

Is there any easy ways to get the Mystical Source material? Apparently, it drops only in Whimsyshire. I need it to craft Sage's helm just to get the transmog lol

Has anyone been having troubles with this last patch/hotfix? I can't play for more than 20 min without my computer shutting down. Its happened three times today whereas I played for a couple hours straight last night.

Maybe bad drivers? Would like to play again but not to safe while playing hardcore.

I have this problem on one of my computer, I updated the graphic card but it still does it. I never have the problem with it until the patch before last and the latest patch doesn't seem to help. My system would just shut off like someone turn off power.

The Cowboy

The game is mocking me now, i now need 1 Vry's set item, 1 Firebird's set item and 1 Tal Rasha's set item - its like it knows i just want one more Vry's item to go full Arcon and is dropping almost complete sets of other set items.

Pretty decent day. Got another Akkan piece from Kadala (pants with STR, AR, Armor and I rerolled the skill damage to 2 sockets). I found a Darklight which I've wanted for a while but its disappointly weak. Also found a Jekangbord with some crit built in and got super excited because there was room for me to roll Blessed Shield damage. Mystic said fuck that and now rerolls cost 2m gold

Also got 2 Mortal Dramas in 2 back to back games. Why you not Fate of the Fell? ;_;

amongst all the madness last night, I forgot I got this (thanks Kadala):

XZryvSl.png

have the gloves in a stash (although they're not a great roll which is why I'm not using them yet), so only need the shoulders and a Ring of Royal Grandeur (urgh) to finish that set.

oh, and I guess at Quetzalcoatl too. hrm.

I can't count the amount of Act 1 bounties I've done over the past few days yet I haven't gotten a single leg out of a Horadric Cache, never mind a Ring of Royal Grandeur.

I thought they buffed them?

Azulsky

Both of these dropped from the same normal chest. A friend of mine who was tagging along with us got a good amulet from it too.

zOJQz7Kl.png

I can't even install battle.net anymore. Started off with battle.net not finishing its update, I thought about re-installing, and now it's all shambles. Tried all suggestions on the technical support page and on the forum, nothing seems to work. Perfect timing with the anniversary bonus going about.

Just my kind of luck.

Ultratech

amongst all the madness last night, I forgot I got this (thanks Kadala):

have the gloves in a stash (although they're not a great roll which is why I'm not using them yet), so only need the shoulders and a Ring of Royal Grandeur (urgh) to finish that set.

oh, and I guess at Quetzalcoatl too. hrm.

Haha, the game's been tossing Helltooth gear at me left and right since the Anniversary buff.
Already got 3 pieces, though they're mostly crap. (i.e. Not worth breaking my current sets.)

Did have the Jade Harvester boots drop for me the other night though.

If I can get one more good Zuni piece (boots, ring, or mojo), I can finally use the 4-set bonus there.

You're pretty much ready to go, all your pets will just hit twice as hard. Use the Wrathful Protector rune for Gargantuan for ultimate melting power. Since you aren't using Quetzalcoatl anymore replace Locusts with Big Bad Voodoo (Slam Dance) and watch your Gargantuan kill packs in milliseconds

Thanks, yeah, I was thinking of putting Big Bad Voodoo in somewhere. Would you say Haunt is worth keeping then even without Quetz?

And then, should I keep the haunt/locusts/piranha last forever passive or switch to something maybe like the BBV/Garg cooldown reduction passive?

garath

I wish legendary drops were like this all the time. I still haven't gotten anything I can use yet but its really nice seeing the drops nonetheless.

Thanks, yeah, I was thinking of putting Big Bad Voodoo in somewhere. Would you say Haunt is worth keeping then even without Quetz?

And then, should I keep the haunt/locusts/piranha last forever passive or switch to something maybe like the BBV/Garg cooldown reduction passive?

Replace Haunt with Spirit walk. Always useful. Also I'd say take Grave Injustice over the DoT passive. Even without a Thing of the Deep it makes a huge difference with cooldowns. Generally I can have Gargantuan every pack and BBV every other pack.

bcl0328

Would this "macro" be considered bannable?

I have Archon mapped to left click, but without holding my caps lock key, it just makes me walk to where I click. So in the middle of battle it's a bit awkward to hold caps lock and left click to activate Archon.
On my black widow keyboard I made a macro to simulate holding caps lock and left clicking. All it does is activate Archon in one button press.
I've only seen one key = one skill is fine. Any advice?

ElyrionX

Hit me up when I am online and I will get you to the Whimsyshire portal.

Thanks for the offer! But I already got what I needed from the awesome Spectrum farming community. Got the Mystical Source easily enough for the Sage helm and then joined a couple of games and managed to get the Spectrum mog from someone who had it dropped. Good stuff.

Boogdud

5 straight fucking hours of rifts at t2. 4 legendaries. Meanwhile clanamate logs in for 35 minutes and proceeds to get 8 legendaries. Straight up fuck this game.

Seriously, this HAS to be on the edge of what is even possible isn't it?? I did 15 rifts today and got 4 legendaries. These aren't just to the guard either, full clears.

It wouldn't feel so bad if there was anything I could do about it. Should I just close out and start a new game after the 2nd or 3rd rift that turns up nothing?

Oh trust me the next 100 is multitudes longer, then the next is multitudes longer than the last, and so on and so forth...

I don't doubt it. Just hit the 200. Not sure if I want to be proud, especially since I came into RoS without a single max character(60 I mean). Playing too much I think.

Taz

5 straight fucking hours of rifts at t2. 4 legendaries. Meanwhile clanamate logs in for 35 minutes and proceeds to get 8 legendaries. Straight up fuck this game.

Seriously, this HAS to be on the edge of what is even possible isn't it?? I did 15 rifts today and got 4 legendaries. These aren't just to the guard either, full clears.

It wouldn't feel so bad if there was anything I could do about it. Should I just close out and start a new game after the 2nd or 3rd rift that turns up nothing?

Was you solo or in a grp ?, I've had it happen to me when in a group that someone gets loads while the other gets nothing, if I think it's happening to me again I do a full relog, there must be some weird bug because it's happend to me quite a few times.

Also I don't see the point in doing full clears unless I've gotten more than two legendary s from a rift.

Boogdud

Was you solo or in a grp ?, I've had it happen to me when in a group that someone gets loads while the other gets nothing, if I think it's happening to me again I do a full relog, there must be some weird bug because it's happend to me quite a few times.

Also I don't see the point in doing full clears unless I've gotten more than two legendary s from a rift.

This was solo t2 and t3. The sad thing was during the next to last rift I did had champ/elite density so high I thought the instance was bugged. One single small room had three champs and two elite groups. Simultaneous five boss mobs and the rest of the rift was just like that and nothing. I quit after the next rift that didn't drop anything and haven't logged back in since. Not even a soul or recipe...

We purged the three clans that existed before and created a single one called NeoGAF.

Unfortunately that one has filled up as well, so for now there aren't any spots.

I'd recommend either joining the GAF community chat and asking for a group in there, asking here, or looking in the Rift it Forward community chat.

That sucks :( Ive had a blast playing with everyone

ChronoX

I need some help. I have been reading a lot about statistics in this game but I still don't understand what makes a weapon better or anything other statistic for that matter.

I am building a fire wizard out of desperation of just needing a good character and I have been stuck just playing Torment 1 for weeks now. After much research I learned about the usual gear that all fire wizards get, Magefist, Reapers Wraps, Andariel's Visage, Cindercoat etc so it was my goal to spend bloodshards gambling for those items. I just can't handle any torment above Torment 1 and I don't understand what I need to do next. The thing is I see wizards tearing up Torments 4 - 6 easily and a lot of them do not carry the popular gear I read about. So I am confused as to what's good from what's bad?

I also do not understand why there are fire wizards using the Thunderfury sword when it's a lightning sword. What makes this sword so appealing as with any other sword that is not lighting. I have the three swords shown below and I do not understand which one is better. Should I choose the one that increases my fire damage or the one that increases my damage statistic. How do you determine if using a non elemental sword is better than using one that enhances fire damage or the elemental damage of your choice.

Also when re-rolling statistics at the Mystic, how do you determine which one is the worst for your character?

Any help with my wizard is most appreciated and also an explanation/help with what I asked above. I just don't get any of it when every else seems to know what they are doing and know exactly what they need to change on their character. I have 500 bloodshards right now and I have no idea what I should spend time gambling for. I am at a standstill right now. Please help. Thanks.

This is my character profile.

SgSj5VF.jpg
ASoDemk.jpg
8v8krlx.jpg

Azulsky

So the Wizards that are trying to get the multi element damage bonus(Passive) will gear for everything but lightning(including spells). Then they use the Thunderfury to apply lightning damage.

So its like getting an elemental damage for free.

Found a Marauder pants upgrade on my Crusader for some reason. The joy of having alts. Actually, my DH find a set helm and I was all exacted coz there's no Blackthorne helm as far as I know. Pick it up and is that ugly monk set. It even had the nerve to roll the wrong resist :(

SMgamer83

Finally dropped a Stone of Jordan on my Barbarian. I was so excited....

Dex roll

Ok fine, I could use it on my Demon Hunter...

+Max Spirit roll.

FML

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Maximus is no good for a wizard because its 2H, sources will give you so much more damage/arcane on crit and crit chance... there is zero reason to use a 2H for a wiz... way better for a crusader than anything. The damage and intel on the source balance out the raw damage but the 10% crit you get would be more powerful than the 20% in the long run...

Basically for weapons it comes down to

Does it have a socket? If yes, does it have main stat? (in your case intelligence) if yes, you have to see if its better to reroll another primary to damage% or reroll the +damage (check the value ranges)... this is primarily if you are trying to maximize your damage

I think there is only the burning axe of sankis that provides fire skill damage and even then, the thunderfury probably is more useful because of the damage and slow it applies

You have to test test test to see what works, what gives best results and what helps you

Artanisix

Yeah, it consists of rolling a different character.

Serious response though. You could try this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504581255
Law of Seph helmet.
Fist of Az fist.
2x Unity (only if you do not possess over 8m toughness)
5+ Spirit regen per second
with + % fire damage.

I'd say:
Strongarm Bracers for Cyclone Strike
Fist of Az'Turrasq
Sledge Fist
Inna's 4 set
Haunt of Vaxo (apparently the damage can be snapshotted somehow). I'm actually looking for a moonlight ward on my wizard to use on my monk this weekend, just because I like the style factor.

Don't really need any of them though. CS, EP and don't die. This is harder than it sounds on high torment when you're gathering ground affix elites around you.

Lightning Support Monk that I have used

Weapon - Fist of Azturraq (one that increases EP damage, probably the most important item for the build)
Shard of Hate/Wom Kim Lau/Odyn Son/TF for second weapon for more damage.

Sledge Fist if you want more CC as it stuns on hit.

Bracers - Ancient Parthan Defenders or Strongarm Bracers. Lightning LTK stuns and you will be in the middle of packs a lot, this gives you a lot of toughness. Strongarm Bracers work with Cyclone Strike. Otherwise Reaper Wraps works fine here too if you don't have the other two.

Amulet - Dovu Energy Trap for increased stun or Haunt of Vaxo for proccing clones off stuns. Neither is really essential though. Moonlight Ward is a good source of damage and synergizes with the build.

Chest and Shoulders - Aughilds for the toughness
Belt - Thundergods Vigor
Gloves, Pants, Boots - Asheara's 4 piece set for toughness and support
Helm - Eye of the Storm or Andariels for damage. Blind Faith if you want even more CC.
Rings - Lightning SoJ and RROG
Asheara 4 piece set plus giving all 3 of your Followers the "Followers can use all skills" Legendary will make you an absurd support because of the crowd control potential.
Inna's set actually work now which makes it a strong support set if you can acquire it. Otherwise the stuff I gave is fairly easy to get as it uses 5 crafted sets.

Skills:
Lightning Cyclone and LTK
Exploding Palm Strong Spirit so you can spam more EPs and Cyclones.
Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace
Mantra and Spirit Generator of your choice (you pick the Mantra that you
need for the group)
Passives - OWE, STI, Transcendence and Unity.

Thanks guys, this is all really useful information. DahBomb, you mentioned Moonlight Ward is useful? I have this one:

jq25vO6.png

Is it worth using? What should I reroll? Life to crit damage, or?

Azulsky

ChronoX, you can stop at Royal gems for now. They give 220 instead of 280 but you need to get your pants rolled for 2 Sockets and fill the other socket on your Cindercoat. You can make 3 Royal Topazs for the cost it would take to put another Flawless Royal in your chest.

Elemental +% is only part your total damage and you can skip it on the weapon to get something like Thunderfury. The first 20% you get of an element is a bunch. Dropping from 100% to 80% is not a big deal if the replacement gear is helps you clear effectively.

Im not a big fan of Audacity passive. With high AS and that mirror ball I would consider something like Arcane Dynamo so you can supercharge your Meteor damage.

Audacity is primarily used for Wand of Woh builds that require you to be in melee range.

As far as gear the lackluster pieces are the rings. Really important to get trifecta rolls(CC,CHD,AS%) on them. I would gamble for those and use the Thunderfury for now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Life % or IAS depending on how much toughness you have currently.

I would lean towards IAS since you won't be utilizing it much when pulling/EP and you could always use more tankyness.

Dahbomb

Thanks guys, this is all really useful information. DahBomb, you mentioned Moonlight Ward is useful? I have this one:

jq25vO6.png

Life to Crit. It's a very good source of damage if you want that for your build.

I wouldn't roll IAS because this Amulet would be useful for other classes even a standard damage Monk (and Monks need attack speed when playing standard).

ChronoX

As far as gear the lackluster pieces are the rings. Really important to get trifecta rolls(CC,CHD,AS%) on them. I would gamble for those and use the Thunderfury for now.

Thanks for the feedback. What are trifecta rolls? I don't know the meaning of the abbreviations you mentioned.

Azulsky

Thanks for the feedback. What are trifecta rolls? I don't know the meaning of the abbreviations you mentioned.

A trifecta roll for a ring is Critical Hit Chance(CC), Critical Hit Damage(CHD) and Attack Speed(AS). In some builds you are getting the majority of your damage from spenders(spells that cost your resource, like Arcane Powwer) that have cooldowns so you want CC,CHD, and Cooldown Reduction(CDR) so that would be your trifecta roll in that case.

A Wizard does make excellent use of CDR even in a Magic Missile build because it brings up your Black Hole skill more often.

Because your damage is coming from Arcane Missile you want Attack Speed because that governs how often you can cast it.

So a perfect ring for you would have (in some order)

Intelligence(INT)
CC
CHD
AS

Wizards and other classes that use offhands are deprived from CHD because they dont have a second weapon to put a emerald in(this gives up to +130% CHD). So you want to put as big an Emerald(Royal or Flawless Imperial is fine) in that Thunderfury.

CC & CHD are going to be your biggest damage boosters for any build because you can get CHD over 400% which coupled with a high CC is going to be a huge damage differential between well geared and poorly geared toons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom