• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Are you trolling us, sir?

Well, no. I'm asking seriously for input.
I'd either lose the crit dmg or the cold dmg by using it, if I even managed to get a good reroll and I'm not sure if either would be worth to lose for that effect considering how much I keep reading that elemental dmg is really important and having to have crit dmg on amulets etc. There is also the stun part, as I don't use Slow Time with the Point of no Return rune, nor Lightning spells/skills to make use of Paralysis passive, since I'm Cold.

jblank83

Haunt of Vaxo's effect is supposedly very strong. To be honest, I've never had one so I can't speak to it. Hopefully someone will educate you on the subject.

For now, I highly recommend you not destroy the amulet.

scy

10% CC on Gloves with 50% CHD, not 100% CHD. It's the prime non-Amulet CC% spot.

Is it really that worse off? It's worse off without the legendary flail, sure. But with the flail you have access to the passive that ups IAS and cool down. (plus you put on the passive that ups the damage and gets it closer to what it was). You're not paying any resources for blessed shield anymore, so IAS is extremely good then. And that was IAS and cool down that didn't exist before the nerf.

It's about ~25% less damage per extra shield even with all the extra bonuses going for it now; that adds up a lot when you consider that it was hitting so many times per dude. It clears a lot slower but gets a better boss kill. It's a noticeable trade off. It's still viable, though, so don't get me wrong on that. I just went from being a better Gyrfalcon's from T6 to not feeling comfortable at my T5 speed. It's a lot more of a T6 gear struggle.

It's still perfectly fine for the middle Torments, though. And, granted, I haven't given it a lot of T6 trials but I'm still confident in saying I'll need a 1400+ roll with Damage% / IAS% before that becomes an option again.

Edit: To be fair, with a +6 Jengaboard, it's possible the damage drop isn't really relevant at all on trash and the overall speed isn't really hindered for the most part. Elites do go down a bit slower when there's trash nearby since they take less damage from bounces but you do a bit more on the initial hit anyway. It's not like the build isn't viable or anything anymore, though. Just that from my first few runs with it were slower than before. That and it gave me a good enough reason to switch to trying some 6pc Akkhan-based builds.

bcl0328

You can simulate some of these decisions through paragon points. Reset all your CHD and INT and AS to 0. Pump each one up individually and look at your sheet DPS.

Sheet DPS isn't totally accurate, of course, but it gives you some kind of metric. And in this metric CHD wins out over both INT and AS. On that subject, INT and AS both seem to be valued about equally, such that 7% AS is more or less as valuable as 450 INT.

From personal experience, which isn't always accurate of course, my opinion is that CHD trumps everything. It's the single most valuable, effective, desirable stat on any item. I've confirmed this, solely to my own satisfaction and not through objective recordable metrics nor in builds other than MM or Spectral Blade Wizard, via crude "how fast does stuff die" tests, using duplicate items with slightly different stats (one with CHD, one with AS, etc).

So I would either reroll the INT or the AS into CHD. Personally I would reroll AS, as INT is also valuable in terms of damage mitigation through all resist, and has other beneficial effects. The only caveat is that AS may be useful in some particular build, which I can't speak to. This also assumes that you already have approximately 50% critical chance.

I would say that CHD is best on Gloves and Amulets because 100% CHD is absurd but on Rings the + damage roll can out perform it in some situation. And for some builds CC is more desirable if you can only have one of the two (like say on a SoJ or a RROG).

I have 50% crit right now. mm/conflag/fire archon build.

One reason to reroll mainstat on an SOJ, if you're happy with the random stat (IAS in your case), is that you can share the SOJ with other classes that use the same element.

If I had an SOJ with good crit chance or crit damage I'd probably do that. Dunno about IAS since that's not as universally valuable.

That's not a bad idea. I've been wanting a fire SOJ for my wizard for awhile now. My DH has a 20% fire + dex + 5.5CC SOJ. I could reroll the dex to CHD and switch back and forth.

The great thing about it is that it has 10 discipline for my DH, but my wizard doesn't need arcane power so I won't really be upset that it doesnt have that specific wizard stat.

Haunt of Vaxo's effect is supposedly very strong. To be honest, I've never had one so I can't speak to it. Hopefully someone will educate you on the subject.

My wizard has one and I almost never get to use the effect because I don't do anything that stuns. It's pretty great on my DH though. THe clones can use skills that do pretty good dmg.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Whats the fastest way to solo power level a toon now? the wretched mother way seems to be no longer working.

I'd say forget about solo and just join the "power leveling" community.

---

Testing to do later: With Inna's 4 set, now that it works, do other party members get more than 5% from Unity since they're affected by multiple mantras? Edit: and if so, and the monk also runs a runed mantra, does that bring it from 15% to 20% on the other allies? (related to a bug I reported where two monks can't both trigger unity by running different runes of the same mantra, so it wasn't possivle to hit 20% since MoC didn't work)

---

Off topic: stores in Canada finally stocking proper screen protectors for Galaxy S5. I got a tempered glass overlay which is way better than the plastic approach. Got a bubble-free application on the first try.

The Cowboy

They really should add some sort of buff for each level 70 you have to make levelling new characters faster, it would really help and would make levelling new characters less of a pain.

I've got 3 so far levelled up (I'm quite casual), and just can't be bothered levelling any more.

Wickwire

I wish it was always this easy to get toughness

lGwQZwQl.png

Dahbomb

I'd say forget about solo and just join the "power leveling" community.

---

Testing to do later: With Inna's 4 set, now that it works, do other party members get more than 5% from Unity since they're affected by multiple mantras?
Pretty sure that if it was more than 5% than it would be classified as a bug and get fixed.

cdyhybrid

Well, just got an Andariel's Visage. Have to reroll the elemental damage to get Holy, so I won't be able to get CC on it too, but I figure it will work for now.

What should I gamble for next? I'm going for a Holy Shotgun build.

Does the Flayer orange text have any effect if you are using rain of toads? Or should I stick with explosive toads since I have a bunch of +fire% anyway?

Raticus79

Pretty sure that if it was more than 5% than it would be classified as a bug and get fixed.

Meh, I expect it would take a lot for them to hotfix nerf anything monk-related before 2.1, and it wouldn't be hotfix-tier OP even if it worked.

Does the Flayer orange text have any effect if you are using rain of toads? Or should I stick with explosive toads since I have a bunch of +fire% anyway?

Nope, just the hopping little toads. (I'd still go for addling)

I wish it was always this easy to get toughness

http://i.imgur.com/lGwQZwQl.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ah, that 100% level 1 dodge.

Not sure if this a serious question? This was one of the two most common Crusader builds pre-patch. The primary build for this just got nerfed a bit (Shattering Throw was nearly halved in damage) but it's still decent for the mid-Torments.

I can do T5 fine. With the passive changes my bouncing shields do about 75% of what they used to. The original shield damage is far better though (15m crits). Rift guardians don't take a century any more

Need some Akkan pieces. Saw so many in chat ;_;

Fularu

Banned
I'd either lose the crit dmg or the cold dmg by using it, if I even managed to get a good reroll and I'm not sure if either would be worth to lose for that effect considering how much I keep reading that elemental dmg is really important and having to have crit dmg on amulets etc. There is also the stun part, as I don't use Slow Time with the Point of no Return rune, nor Lightning spells/skills to make use of Paralysis passive, since I'm Cold.
Haunt of Vaxo is the most powerful amulet in the game provided you use stuns or have a chance to stun weapon. The damage the two clones do is insane.

Roll your loh to 100% CHD and never look back until you find a new one to roll elemental damage on.

scy

I can do T5 fine. With the passive changes my bouncing shields do about 75% of what they used to. The original shield damage is far better though (15m crits). Rift guardians don't take a century any more

Need some Akkan pieces. Saw so many in chat ;_;

Last rounds I tried were +1-2m on my overall times. Granted, I also really wanted to try Akkhan builds so I banked it anyway.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Anyone have a BiS list for ep/pull support monks? Looking to build one for high torment group runs.

Yeah, it consists of rolling a different character.

Serious response though. You could try this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504581255
Law of Seph helmet.
Fist of Az fist.
2x Unity (only if you do not possess over 8m toughness)
5+ Spirit regen per second
with + % fire damage.

Lain

Haunt of Vaxo is the most powerful amulet in the game provided you use stuns or have a chance to stun weapon. The damage the two clones do is insane.

Roll your loh to 100% CHD and never look back until you find a new one to roll elemental damage on.

Thanks to both of you. I'll try to go for that CHD reroll then.

Raticus79

Anyone have a BiS list for ep/pull support monks? Looking to build one for high torment group runs.

I'd say:
Strongarm Bracers for Cyclone Strike
Fist of Az'Turrasq
Sledge Fist
Inna's 4 set
Haunt of Vaxo (apparently the damage can be snapshotted somehow). I'm actually looking for a moonlight ward on my wizard to use on my monk this weekend, just because I like the style factor.

Don't really need any of them though. CS, EP and don't die. This is harder than it sounds on high torment when you're gathering ground affix elites around you.

Dahbomb

Lightning Support Monk that I have used

Weapon - Fist of Azturraq (one that increases EP damage, probably the most important item for the build)
Shard of Hate/Wom Kim Lau/Odyn Son/TF for second weapon for more damage.

Sledge Fist if you want more CC as it stuns on hit.

Bracers - Ancient Parthan Defenders or Strongarm Bracers. Lightning LTK stuns and you will be in the middle of packs a lot, this gives you a lot of toughness. Strongarm Bracers work with Cyclone Strike. Otherwise Reaper Wraps works fine here too if you don't have the other two.

Amulet - Dovu Energy Trap for increased stun or Haunt of Vaxo for proccing clones off stuns. Neither is really essential though. Moonlight Ward is a good source of damage and synergizes with the build.

Chest and Shoulders - Aughilds for the toughness

Belt - Thundergods Vigor

Gloves, Pants, Boots - Asheara's 4 piece set for toughness and support

Helm - Eye of the Storm or Andariels for damage. Blind Faith if you want even more CC.

Rings - Lightning SoJ and RROG

Asheara 4 piece set plus giving all 3 of your Followers the "Followers can use all skills" Legendary will make you an absurd support because of the crowd control potential.

Inna's set actually work now which makes it a strong support set if you can acquire it. Otherwise the stuff I gave is fairly easy to get as it uses 5 crafted sets.

Skills:

Lightning Cyclone and LTK

Exploding Palm Strong Spirit so you can spam more EPs and Cyclones.

Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace

Mantra and Spirit Generator of your choice (you pick the Mantra that you
need for the group)

Passives - OWE, STI, Transcendence and Unity.

Zertez

Thanks for all the kind words, Im just glad I can get back to playing D3 now.

Jesus christ dude. Good to hear you are fine now. From what you posted, you are not yet 100% recovered? How is that coming along?
My arm/hand is not back to 100 percent yet. I still cant do many fine motor things motions like typing on a cellphone keyboard, writing for extended periods of time with a pen/pencil, picking up a skillet filled with food, drinking out of a full glass, use a pair of scissors, etc. It is probably going to take another couple weeks to recover to 100%. Kind of funny playing D3 and drinking beer is considered rehab because of the repeated fine motions.

I am not Palacebrother from Lego-Gaf, but I got a similar diagnosis as he did. They told me my recovery time would be 4 to 6 months. It was possible I did permanent damage to my radial nerve and it may never recover to its former condition. I did not accept the diagnosis and I was going to work all day to rehab and recover. Fighting the insurance company for psychical therapy and an electric stimulation machine was almost as difficult as the rehab itself. The insurance company wanted to pay for the minimum amount of rehab sessions, until I explained to them the yearly costs associated with someone who had limited motion with their arm. I worked out 4 or 5 times a day to recover quickly.

It is very strange not being able to use or flex muscles you know are there, but since the nerve endings are dead the muscle is useless. I pushed things as much as I could and it has paid off. My doctor was surprised by how quickly I recovered, but it took a lot of hard work and not accepting the damage was permanent. Sorry for rambling, it feels great to be able to type again so I am typing a little more than normal. I dont want people to feel sorry for me, I am very fortunate to recover so quickly. I hope my story prevent this from happening to someone else. Sometimes you can beat the odds by working hard instead of sitting around feeling bad while more nerve endings die. Good Luck with drops over the weekend, I hope everyone finds something great.

RDreamer

was yours attack speed before? i'm trying to figure out if i should reroll the IAS or not. did your damage go up if so?

Damage isn't just about a number. What's your build? I don't know a lot about wizards, but the fundamental mechanics are similar to other characters. IAS is good if you're using a build that requires less resources or you're not hitting that resource cap (i.e. you're not running out of resources). If you ARE running out of resources, then adding IAS to something is NOT good. It'll just get you to the point quicker.

The easiest example is something like Cluster Arrow builds for DH. It's better to have raw SLOW damage than faster damage. Why? Because that takes a shitload of resources and you'll just run dry quickly. If you can get bigger hits for less, then you save resources.

There there's also the fact that IAS can recover your resources faster, too. So it's a balancing act really.

bcl0328

Damage isn't just about a number. What's your build? I don't know a lot about wizards, but the fundamental mechanics are similar to other characters. IAS is good if you're using a build that requires less resources or you're not hitting that resource cap (i.e. you're not running out of resources). If you ARE running out of resources, then adding IAS to something is NOT good. It'll just get you to the point quicker.

The easiest example is something like Cluster Arrow builds for DH. It's better to have raw SLOW damage than faster damage. Why? Because that takes a shitload of resources and you'll just run dry quickly. If you can get bigger hits for less, then you save resources.

There there's also the fact that IAS can recover your resources faster, too. So it's a balancing act really.

MM/Conflag/Fire Archon

Mumei

This dropped for me. What should I reroll for a socket? I'm a bit low on HP (270K) so I was thinking I should keep Vit, but I really like that extra 10% cooldown reduction. Which way would you guys lean?

xQokdqO.png

Granadier

If you don't use Mass Con and it can roll into a socket I would say do that, otherwise roll the Vit into a socket.

I have a live Chiltara in my T1 game right now if anyone wants in. I'm MonoTentAbom#1932.

I sent a request to join the NeoGAF overflow clan just now, as well. I'll give it about 5 minutes before I kill and proceed.

Ok I jumped on tonight and hadn't played in a few weeks. So the clan has changed? Whats the name for the latest clan. I really wanna play this weekend to get some good drops!!

so I have a level 47 tall man's finger, would it be worth it to sacrifice like 15% damage from a rare ring with crit chance and damage just to get the benefit of TMF?

Edit: For the record, I'm level 70

Granadier

Ok I jumped on tonight and hadn't played in a few weeks. So the clan has changed? Whats the name for the latest clan. I really wanna play this weekend to get some good drops!!

We purged the three clans that existed before and created a single one called NeoGAF.

Unfortunately that one has filled up as well, so for now there aren't any spots.

I'd recommend either joining the GAF community chat and asking for a group in there, asking here, or looking in the Rift it Forward community chat.

I have a live Chiltara in my T1 game right now if anyone wants in. I'm MonoTentAbom#1932.

I sent a request to join the NeoGAF overflow clan just now, as well. I'll give it about 5 minutes before I kill and proceed.

Ok, going to move on, now. Sorry if you missed out! Do people still give a shit about the Staff of Herding?

Finally got a Mask of Jeram!

712 Intelligence
704 Vitality
91 Resist All
Socket
100% Pet damage

What the hell do I reroll? Socket for Crit chance I'm guessing?

The problem is, I already have Quetzalcoatl with Attack Speed 7, Crit chance 5.5, so I really don't know what is better overall...

Finally got a Mask of Jeram!

712 Intelligence
704 Vitality
91 Resist All
Socket
100% Pet damage

What the hell do I reroll? Socket for Crit chance I'm guessing?

The problem is, I already have Quetzalcoatl with Attack Speed 7, Crit chance 5.5, so I really don't know what is better overall...

If you use pets its not even a question worth asking. Difference is immense. Quetzalcoatl looks nice on paper but attack speed is fluff 90% of the time.

Socket is good for flexibility, I'd roll off all res or vitality. Depends on which you need

If you use pets its not even a question worth asking. Difference is immense. Quetzalcoatl looks nice on paper but attack speed is fluff 90% of the time.

Socket is good for flexibility, I'd roll off all res or vitality. Depends on which you need

Thanks, yeah I use a lot of pets, and I wanted to make a more fully focused pet build but I ended up getting that Quetz and that pushed me in a different direction

Here is my current WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/robotzombie-1891/hero/37336276

Any suggestions to take better advantage of the new Mask of Jeram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom