• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

The thing is I see wizards tearing up Torments 4 - 6 easily and a lot of them do not carry the popular gear I read about. So I am confused as to what's good from what's bad?

Also when re-rolling statistics at the Mystic, how do you determine which one is the worst for your character?

Any help with my wizard is most appreciated and also an explanation/help with what I asked above.

Thunderfury is one of the best weapons in the game, period, regardless of build. The effect has a high proc rate and does a lot of damage that isn't reflected in the "weapon dps" stat. The move/attack slowdown is also extremely valuable. Take the Thunderfury you have and replace the resource reduction with 10% damage. The only arguably better weapon for Wizards is Wand of Woh, an extremely rare drop. There are a couple of other weapons with interesting effects, like the extra hydra wand, but we'll ignore them for now.

As far as what to reroll, that's a matter of knowledge, which you'll have to gain through experience. If you're ever in a bind, you can replicate changes via paragon points. For instance, if you're trying to decide between Critical Chance or Attack Speed, reset both to 0 and then pump each one up individually and look at what it does to your DPS stat on your character sheet. It's not foolproof, but it's something. Off the cuff advice is that you want to prioritize critical chance (until at least 50%) and critical hit damage. Of course you want intelligence, +element dmg to your primary element, +skill damage to your primary damage dealer. Attack Speed is always good, but not as critical for a Wizard.

Damage mitigation (reducing damage from attacks) is very important, so you want all resist and armor, as well as vitality. That'll keep you alive. There's also cooldown reduction if you're working on an archon build, but that's more of a specialty build so ignore that until you're more comfortable with the game.

Fire Wizard is one of the more popular builds because there is a lot of +fire equipment. That doesn't mean it's the only good build. How you build your character is completely dependent on what items you find. I found several +arcane items and so I built my kit around arcane damage. There are archon builds as well.

Finally, again, you can't learn by just reading message boards. You have to play the game. Play a lot. Experiment with different builds. Try different equipment. Like, go, now. Stop reading this post and go play. The end.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thanks for the feedback. What are trifecta rolls? I don't know the meaning of the abbreviations you mentioned.

Trifect is when you have something that rolls:
  • Increased attack speed
  • Critical hit chance
  • Critical hit damage

ElyrionX

MLW is good for Monk? Even with the wasted Arcane damage affix? The leg proc effect on that isn't that powerful too. The cooldown on that is 1 sec which is a longass time.

MrDaravon

MLW is good for Monk? Even with the wasted Arcane damage affix? The leg proc effect on that isn't that powerful too. The cooldown on that is 1 sec which is a longass time.

I see it mentioned usually in conjunction with Cyclone Monks, which I could see being useful if you're pulling everything into the proc constantly. I have a pretty nice trifecta MLW I need to mess around with on my Monk and see.

The Cowboy

Such a nice roll.
N4l9PIP.png
I really wanted to like this amulet, but the skeletons don't seem to show up a lot of the time, and it just seems silly to have them spawn after you've killed everything (and they are slow, very slow)

Dahbomb

The MWL with Monk is one of those things that sounds terrible on paper but when you play with it you realize it's pretty fucking godly with a melee class. Even with the 1 second nerf it's still a substantial damage boost... yes even with the Arcane element.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

To put that in perspective, it hits as hard as Epiphany inner fire which also has a limit of about once a second per target while channeling tempest rush. It works well with cyclone strike and area damage as well.

scy

Weird, what happened, just an unusually productive rift?

22 minute Laws of Valor due to Answered Prayer. I have enough CDR to get it to ~14s cooldown and Answered Prayer lets me get to 15s duration. Refreshing it resets the duration ... to 15s. And lets me stack +10s again. Over and over and over.

Basically, I just always have Laws of Valor up. Does not extend to the party, though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
22 minute Laws of Valor due to Answered Prayer. I have enough CDR to get it to ~14s cooldown and Answered Prayer lets me get to 15s duration. Refreshing it resets the duration ... to 15s. And lets me stack +10s again. Over and over and over.

Basically, I just always have Laws of Valor up. Does not extend to the party, though.

So you could have perma 100% CHC?

The Cowboy

Happiness thy name is Cowboy :D.

Got my Vry's set now (i got my final piece from a chest after the Guardian died - so happy i stayed in the Rift) and have, arcane Moonlight Ward, arcane GoO Wand, Arcane SoJ, RoRG, Aughilds plan and arcane Andariel's Visage.

Gonna get my full Archon on tomorrow i recon.
-
Now i want is Wand of Woh :D.

Lain

5 straight fucking hours of rifts at t2. 4 legendaries. Meanwhile clanamate logs in for 35 minutes and proceeds to get 8 legendaries. Straight up fuck this game.

Something like this happened to me today. My friend logged on and we started playing together and while he was getting legendary items back to back, I was finding 0 lol. By the time he had found 6 or 7 I had found 1. The best was yesterday, when a Gyfalcon's Foote dropped for him on his DH as the 5th or sixth drop while a monk amulet dropped for me on my Wiz as the second or third.

scy

Happiness thy name is Cowboy :D.

Got my Vry's set now (i got my final piece from a chest after the Guardian died - so happy i stayed in the Rift) and have, arcane Moonlight Ward, arcane GoO Wand, Arcane SoJ, RoRG, Aughilds plan and arcane Andariel's Visage.

Gonna get my full Archon on tomorrow i recon.
-
Now i want is Wand of Woh :D.

I really hope you've been stacking CDR gear too. That should really be a bigger priority than Vyr's for the build, honestly.

Edit:

So you could have perma 100% CHC?

You mean CHD%? Anyway, no. You can change Laws and it says that it does but it still only lasts 5s. Only applies to the Answered Prayer one. But you CAN switch from Answered Prayer to Critical and keep the 15% IAS%.

tn2007

Guys should I run T5 rifts or T6 rifts? I can do a T5 rift in 5-10 mins depending on density, while a T6 rift takes me 10-15 mins. Is it really worth it to just do T6? Also here is a video of me destroying a T5 rift under 4 mins! T5 Under 4 minutes

BigBusterBrown

Neo Member
First time post here.

I've been working on my Crusader and I'm currently going for a lightning build. I can clear T1 with no problems (haven't tried T2 or above yet) but I really have no idea what gear I should be looking for a lightning Crusader. Here's my profile.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fireflea-1829/hero/43884922

Also I just got Jekengbord (hasn't been enchanted). Should I be using it over my Defender of Westmarch?
http://i.imgur.com/bbY7syK.jpg

Thanks!

Dahbomb

Guys should I run T5 rifts or T6 rifts? I can do a T5 rift in 5-10 mins depending on density, while a T6 rift takes me 10-15 mins. Is it really worth it to just do T6? Also here is a video of me destroying a T5 rift under 4 mins! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yOqGCoT3g&noredirect=1
Link to your items? I have Marauder 6 piece too but I kinda want to see the stats on a build like this. Also why are you using Multishot if I may ask?

I can do T5 as well but with my Fire CA build. It's more dangerous but can be done in good time.

tn2007

I know that you are using Multishot but I was asking WHY you are using it. Is it superior to the other Hatred options?

Oops sorry I was running a rift. But yes multishot is currently superior since chakram/CA is bugged, and multishot/CA shoots faster right now until its fixed.

dmosher

I was out for a couple of weeks and just logged back in, catching up on the thread and I see <GAF> is no more I'm not in guild anymore? Any chance I can get back in to the reformed <NeoGAF>? :)

davemo#1986 is my battletag.

scy

Which is preferred for a Holy-damage Crusader using Fate of the Fell-Heaven's Fury, Justice or Slash?

Neither, ideally, though I assume you ask this since you lack 6pc Akkhan. Anyway, Slash since you're going to be in melee range due to the shotgun.

...unless this isn't a Shotgun build, I guess?

StMeph

Neither, ideally, though I assume you ask this since you lack 6pc Akkhan. Anyway, Slash since you're going to be in melee range due to the shotgun.

...unless this isn't a Shotgun build, I guess?

It is a shotgun build. And I have 4-piece bonus for Akkhan. What do you switch to at 6?

scy

No generator. Or, technically, Provoke is my generator. This is usually what I run. Akarat rune rotates as needed between Embodiment or Prophet and same for Valor on Critical and Unstoppable Force. Condemn is also a filler slot but I still like it there.

StMeph

No generator. Or, technically, Provoke is my generator. This is usually what I run. Akarat rune rotates as needed between Embodiment or Prophet and same for Valor on Critical and Unstoppable Force. Condemn is also a filler slot but I still like it there.

I see Renewal instead of Wrathful. Isn't HP-per-Wrath still the best vehicle for recovery? Is that a better source of healing?

Got my 5th piece of marauder on my DH today for the 6 set bonus
Not sure how to build it though

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097
my profile, gear and current build

the damage seemed quite lackluster on t4, then again I am still missing soj, need to reroll the andariel and need to roll sentry dmg on the shoulders (and missing boots with skill dmg roll)
It's hard to judge if my build is any good because of that.

Not sure what bow or xbow I need for this build either (i'm guessing the extra sentries quiver too)

Also got given a 2.25k dps TF for my monk by a friend, as well as the lightning set pants and akkhan pants for my sader and a quetzacotl for my wd.
It's a lot easier to gear up with the new kadela and the loot buff (1 leg average per t6 run sure beats getting shit all for 5-10 runs on t3-4 a few weeks ago before the buff and rift patch)

Dahbomb

You need Tasker and Theo to make great use of the 6 piece Marauder. That means getting the Marauder Helm.

You also need Physical element and you can benefit from Ballistic passives.. The two extra Sentry Quiver is also needed for the build when you have 4 Sentries active the damage is pretty insane.

jersoc

finally got a tfury. Haven't rerolled yet. I'm thinking try for higher dmg? or maybe roll the vit for +dmg now that's fixed

YncbM6V.jpg

CRA5H

Does anyone have tips on getting the lowest CDR for my archon build?
I can get my archon down to a 35 second CD once my archon finishes but because of my gear, my toughness takes a huge hit and I'm at 175khp. Sure I can do mass DMG every 30 seconds but I'm damn squishy. Would having diamond skin be a good idea?

scy

Does anyone have tips on getting the lowest CDR for my archon build?
I can get my archon down to a 35 second CD once my archon finishes but because of my gear, my toughness takes a huge hit and I'm at 175khp. Sure I can do mass DMG every 30 seconds but I'm damn squishy. Would having diamond skin be a good idea?

CDR over Attack Speed on Gloves is a big one. Besides that, Rings, Weapon, Off-hand, Diamond in your Helm, and the Passive is where you want to be slotting it. Use Deflection to keep up a shield to inflate your HP and just get big VIT rolls on your Helm, Shoulder, Belt, Pants, etc. where you can spare the roll.

CRA5H

CDR over Attack Speed on Gloves is a big one. Besides that, Rings, Weapon, Off-hand, Diamond in your Helm, and the Passive is where you want to be slotting it. Use Deflection to keep up a shield to inflate your HP and just get big VIT rolls on your Helm, Shoulder, Belt, Pants, etc. where you can spare the roll.
Ahh I see. I've been stacking int+cc+chd+ele% whenever I could and was neglecting vit and red. I guess the power of archon is enough to offset the inclusion of vit.

tn2007

Got my 5th piece of marauder on my DH today for the 6 set bonus
Not sure how to build it though

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097
my profile, gear and current build

the damage seemed quite lackluster on t4, then again I am still missing soj, need to reroll the andariel and need to roll sentry dmg on the shoulders (and missing boots with skill dmg roll)
It's hard to judge if my build is any good because of that.

Not sure what bow or xbow I need for this build either (i'm guessing the extra sentries quiver too)

Bombadiers and Tasker/Theo are most important. With the Quiver you can reslot custom engineering to ballistics. You should try a high damange xbow if you have one. BTW I didn't get my SoJ until yesterday, and I was clearing T5 8-12 mins before it.

I wish all Rifts were this easy. Cherry Picked T6. I died 2 times from not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom