• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha I got that reference. Thanks...I'll keep chugging along, but it's going to be tough when this legendary buff is removed.

I'm keeping the dream alive. That thread where a blue asked if people were enjoying the buff and why exploded and quickly hit the post limit with overwhelming positive response. Let's hope it becomes a perma buff.

garath

Keep in mind I've only had 1 hour to play with this setup before I passed out and went to bed. I'll tweak the setup some more after work today.

But so far, I found I get more dmg using magefists\mara chest than I would with my crappy mara gloves + cindercoat. Even with Cindercoat's reduction. My mara gloves would gimp me.

Also, my mara chest has a lot more toughness since it has all res. Once I get better pants (2 socket) and boots, I'll consider a marauder chest with sentry dmg on it.

I might try using taskers but I can't seem to find any convincing evidence that they are worth it in a sentry build.

Gotcha. Makes sense. For me, my mara gloves were a pretty good looking trifecta so I was very happy to put on the Cindercoat last night.

Taskers will cause the sentries to fire more bolts (and possibly more rockets? fire% and ballistics benefit??). I don't think it affects the hatred spender speed? That's the key though.

It'll affect pets too though. They can do a significant amount of damage.

Celegus

Crap seriously? It's my main weap on my lightning wiz and I just picked up 2 more last night..

That sucks. It's so hard to tell. I've been running shard + odyn whirlwind barb with as much +lightning as I can get. It does affect the charged bolts from my Shard though, right? And Thundergod's? It's confusing!

Laconic

Banned
Whelp. I just logged on again, and the ground effects are still a broken pile of nonsense AND I got zero drops. Ggs, Bliz. You win. I quit.

Strongarm bracers - Enemies hit by knockbacks suffer 20-30% more damage for 5 seconds when they land.

I read a quick thread on the forum stating that these bracers proc with Crusader gathering sweep, an effect that pulls enemies towards you. I wouldn't think this would be true, but, hey, somebody said it. There was then a further deduction that Condemn vacuum would also proc the bracers.

Can anybody confirm or deny this? I'm especially interested in the Condemn vacuum part, considering I'm using the Blade of Prophecy at the moment.

Shifty76

That sucks. It's so hard to tell. I've been running shard + odyn whirlwind barb with as much +lightning as I can get. It does affect the charged bolts from my Shard though, right? And Thundergod's? It's confusing!

Yes and yes. Those are both covered in that link I provided on the previous page. At least, I think SoH is covered there...

@Soy:

ANY effect that physically moves enemies will trigger the Strongarm proc

Discobird

Steady Aim does work with sentries and it's based on your distance from monsters, not the sentry's distance from monsters. As long as you stay more than 10 yards from any monster your sentries will get the bonus, even if they're in the middle of a pack.

Single Out is also a really strong offensive passive. Between Ballistics, Steady Aim, Single Out and Ambush I pretty much never end up slotting Archery on my bar.

Strongarm bracers - Enemies hit by knockbacks suffer 20-30% more damage for 5 seconds when they land.

I read a quick thread on the forum stating that these bracers proc with Crusader gathering sweep, an effect that pulls enemies towards you. I wouldn't think this would be true, but, hey, somebody said it. There was then a further deduction that Condemn vacuum would also proc the bracers.

Can anybody confirm or deny this? I'm especially interested in the Condemn vacuum part, considering I'm using the Blade of Prophecy at the moment.

I don't know about those skills specifically but the vacuum from Piranhado and Cyclone Strike (I believe) proc Strongarms so I don't see why they wouldn't either.

Celegus

Yes and yes. Those are both covered in that link I provided on the previous page. At least, I think SoH is covered there...

@Soy:

ANY effect that physically moves enemies will trigger the Strongarm proc

I'll check it at home then, thanks for the link. (blocked at work) Pretty silly that Odyn is not - I wonder if that's intentional or not.

And that's pretty cool about Strongarm, I should really look into using those then. I think I have a decent pair around my box somewhere.

iirate

Odyn Son is actually super powerful, but that's because it scales twice with your IAS, crit, and crit damage. As far as I know, it doesn't have an internal cd either, just a flat 40% proc rate.

Yep, works with any forced movement. Monks have been using Cyclone Strike with it for ages.

Totakeke

Odyn Son is actually super powerful, but that's because it scales twice with your IAS, crit, and crit damage. As far as I know, it doesn't have an internal cd either, just a flat 40% proc rate.

40% proc rate regardless of what skill you use? That sounds... broken.

Insaniac

I really hope / wish they update the Legendary crafting armor / weapons to make them interesting. The worst part is definitely getting stupid plans for 6 prop uselessness

I just found this sucker in one of my T6 rifts. Would it be better to reroll the poison damage higher or reroll the vit to +10% damage? Is there some sort of calculator somewhere to help with this? Don't want to ruin this thing...

Also, any ideas how to incorporate this into a physical Marauder sentry build? Currently using CA and Multishot... the only physical elemental arrow I see is nether tentacles and I haven't touched that skill since they nerfed it at D3 launch.

yF1GWA8.png

You'd get more out of rerolling the damage. With 10% boost you'd be at 2478 and I'm pretty sure legendary bows can go higher. You'd also get to keep the vitality too

garath

What I wouldn't give for a proper training dummy in this damn game.

So after looking at jim2point0's suggestion of getting a higher damage 2h weapon instead of the 1h xbow for my maurader build I did some testing.

Unfortunately I don't have a 2h xbow. I salvaged anything and everything I didn't think I'd use and I didn't expect a lower dps 2h xbow to become useful. I'll have to keep an eye out for another.

But what I do have is a 2750 dps uskang (as seen on my profile.. though the numbers aren't at all what they are in game. Guess they haven't fixed the damage mod for website) that has over 400 base damage more than the 1h nat's slayer. So I loaded up Ghom on T4 and tried a few things. I hit the stopwatch right as I hit "OK" on the cinematic skip. I dropped sentries when they were available and alternated regular attacks with CA's like I would when normally playing. I threw out my first couple runs as I got familiar with what I was doing. I also changed my passives to use archery after first couple runs too. I made sure both weapons were socketed with a royal emerald as well.

1h nat + nat's ring - 29 seconds
2h uskang + unity - 27 seconds
1h nat + unity - 26 seconds

I'm really having a tough time deciding if this is just standard deviation given all the different variables or if this is really saying that even without the nat's set bonus, just the unity ring + 1h nat is the best combo.

Unfortunately my lunch is over so further testing will have to wait till tonight. What I may try is not attacking at all myself. Just let the pets and sentries do the damage. That will be a better metric I think. It could account for the variation more than the weapons themselves. I will say just as an observation, I had a lot more hatred to play with using the 1h nat's and it's higher attack speed and would result in more CAs overall.

I wish I had a 2h xbow to test with too. The archery bonus of 50% crit damage could be a big factor. The 8% damage of bow vs 5% crit chance of 1h seemed to be a bit of a wash.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

edit: added profile link and fixed unity name lol

edit2: Also my nat's ring kind of sucks right now. I've been trying to reroll it with CHD. Instead I have CDR on it right now. With proper CHD and the nat's set bonus, I'm kind of thinking the set will be the better combo.

Shifty76

Yeah, Odyn has a really funky proc mechanic where it somehow counts your CD twice or something. It DOES have a 1s internal cooldown.

The proc deals 400% weapon dmg.

If there is only one target in range it'll hit that same target 3 times, effectively tripling it's dps to 1200% weapon dmg.

So after looking at jim2point0's suggestion of getting a higher damage 2h weapon instead of the 1h xbow for my maurader build I did some testing.

Unfortunately I don't have a 2h xbow. I salvaged anything and everything I didn't think I'd use and I didn't expect a lower dps 2h xbow to become useful. I'll have to keep an eye out for another.

But what I do have is a 2750 dps uskang (as seen on my profile.. though the numbers aren't at all what they are in game. Guess they haven't fixed the damage mod for website) that has over 400 base damage more than the 1h nat's slayer. So I loaded up Ghom on T4 and tried a few things. I hit the stopwatch right as I hit "OK" on the cinematic skip. I dropped sentries when they were available and alternated regular attacks with CA's like I would when normally playing. I threw out my first couple runs as I got familiar with what I was doing. I also changed my passives to use archery after first couple runs too. I made sure both weapons were socketed with a royal emerald as well.

I'm really having a tough time deciding if this is just standard deviation given all the different variables or if this is really saying that even without the nat's set bonus, just the unity ring + 1h nat is the best combo.

Unfortunately my lunch is over so further testing will have to wait till tonight. What I may try is not attacking at all myself. Just let the pets and sentries do the damage. That will be a better metric I think. It could account for the variation more than the weapons themselves. I will say just as an observation, I had a lot more hatred to play with using the 1h nat's and it's higher attack speed and would result in more CAs overall.

I wish I had a 2h xbow to test with too. The archery bonus of 50% crit damage could be a big factor. The 8% damage of bow vs 5% crit chance of 1h seemed to be a bit of a wash.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

edit: added profile link and fixed unity name lol

edit2: Also my nat's ring kind of sucks right now. I've been trying to reroll it with CHD. Instead I have CDR on it right now. With proper CHD and the nat's set bonus, I'm kind of thinking the set will be the better combo.

Let me know if you figure it out
I have a pretty much perfect manticore that I'm using atm (34 crit dmg 725 dex 2.4k dps) but also have a 2.7k nat slayer in my stash and a 2.75k k'mar
I'm not sure what to use

as for tasker I noticed a good dps increase when I went from trifecta gloves with good roll to a non trifecta tasker and theo (stats in my profile)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097

iirate

Yeah, Odyn has a really funky proc mechanic where it somehow counts your CD twice or something. It DOES have a 1s internal cooldown.

The proc deals 400% weapon dmg.

If there is only one target in range it'll hit that same target 3 times, effectively tripling it's dps to 1200% weapon dmg.

Thanks for the ICD clarification. Druin's thread didn't mention one, so I was confused. The weapon is still insane.

ferr

Definitely would see a big difference going from 1hxbow/bow to 2h xbow. Here is some data.. max base damage possible:
1175-2018 (1597 avg) 1hxbow
1342-2305 (1824 avg) bow
1978-2435 (2207 avg) xbow
This shows the diff in 1hxbow and bow are only off by about 200 dmg. The diff from bow to xbow is close to 400 dmg. Maybe you are benefiting more from archery's +cc than from +dmg.

You'd get more out of rerolling the damage. With 10% boost you'd be at 2478 and I'm pretty sure legendary bows can go higher. You'd also get to keep the vitality too

Thanks, I rerolled it to 1193-1454 cold damage which gave the weapon 2523.5 total dps. Now I just need to gather some more elemental damage items to test it out!

Shifty76

Thanks for the ICD clarification. Druin's thread didn't mention one, so I was confused. The weapon is still insane.

Indeed it is!

What amuses me is that on his newest vid where he's running CDR TR/Epiphany (all fire dmg) is that he recommends Odyn and TF with CDR as BiS weapons, simply due to their procs.

Just so happens that I have 10% CDR versions of both TF and Odyn, so I'm going to do the (previously) unthinkable and roll the +lightning skills dmg off the Odyn to get a socket and give that build a whirl. I have all other the CDR parts needed anyway, so it should be an easy transition.

What was also interesting is that he regards the CDR bonus on Borns set as more important than a Cindercoat to that build, which suits me just fine as my Cindercoat sucks :)

garath

Definitely would see a big difference going from 1hxbow/bow to 2h xbow. Here is some data.. max base damage possible:

This shows the diff in 1hxbow and bow are only off by about 200 dmg. The diff from bow to xbow is close to 400 dmg. Maybe you are benefiting more from archery's +cc than from +dmg.

Oh yeah. The range is so much smaller with a 2h xbow. I'll have to find one. Maybe I'll try crafting one tonight just to get a comparison.

Let me know if you figure it out
I have a pretty much perfect manticore that I'm using atm (34 crit dmg 725 dex 2.4k dps) but also have a 2.7k nat slayer in my stash and a 2.75k k'mar
I'm not sure what to use

as for tasker I noticed a good dps increase when I went from trifecta gloves with good roll to a non trifecta tasker and theo (stats in my profile)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/38748097

You're also using a physical build so the companions are seeing a big boost in damage. That could account for tasker being more effective as well.

That manticore is pretty damn good. I wish I didn't salvage the hellracks I found. I'll keep testing later.

garath

So is a shard of hate still good for Crusader? Maybe with the new 1h passive?

I use a lighting crusader and I happened to find a Str based shard on my DH yesterday. Woot.

Vossler

Wish I could get a shard or thunderfury to drop.....closest I've come is an Azurewrath.....I seem to get a loooooooooot of Mace/Axe drops.

Celegus

So is a shard of hate still good for Crusader? Maybe with the new 1h passive?

I use a lighting crusader and I happened to find a Str based shard on my DH yesterday. Woot.

Oh, so lightning crusader is a thing? I looked through the skills briefly but it didn't seem like a viable option over fire (or holy).

garath

Oh, so lightning crusader is a thing? I looked through the skills briefly but it didn't seem like a viable option over fire (or holy).

Don't take my crusader for gospel. I kinda threw her together for a change of pace. It just happened that I ended up with some great lighting% gear and saw some good synergy between Fist of the Heavens and provoke to make a decent lighting damage build.

Celegus

Don't take my crusader for gospel. I kinda threw her together for a change of pace. It just happened that I ended up with some great lighting% gear and saw some good synergy between Fist of the Heavens and provoke to make a decent lighting damage build.

It's worth a try at least. I play Diablo mostly because it's fun to try new things, even if it's not necessarily the optimal choice. It's the reason I chose barbarian as my main - the set bonuses sounded like the most fun out of all the classes. Every rune on furious charge? Earthquakes when you leap? Permanent Call of the Ancients? Sign me up!

Crusader is fun too, but I'm kind of disappointed their only set is to just keep Akarat's Champion on all the time. Not the most interesting thing to me, even if it is good.

Got a good dex unity from a friend, did one rift on wiz and found a rly good 2 missile mirrorball, also found a mara chest and helm my friend was really happy with (completed his 6 piece bonus) , another friend finally found an soj on his wand of woh wizard.

I'll be sad when this buff ends.

garath

Got a good dex unity from a friend, did one rift on wiz and found a rly good 2 missile mirrorball, also found a mara chest and helm my friend was really happy with (completed his 6 piece bonus) , another friend finally found an soj on his wand of woh wizard.

I'll be sad when this buff ends.

I don't know if I'm going to want to play much anymore. I finally have enough souls to reroll some stuff, craft some other stuff and basically see new sides of my character. I've been experimenting with different builds. I'm finally completing sets that I've been working on forever. I honestly haven't changed my DH more than little tweaks here and there since shortly after 2.0. I just wasn't getting the drops - no magefist, no cindercoat, no SoJ, no andriel's, no pride's fall, no RRoG, etc. Most of that I STILL don't have.

Chances are they'll put it back the way it was for the "health of the game" when really I just can't see wanting to continue without these drops. They can keep the game moving forward by releasing the ladders and rifts and push out some new content here and there without reverting the diluted pool of legendaries back to old drop rates.

Maybe compromise with half the boost it got or something.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got 6 piece on my Crusader today, he's basically done at this point, a better roll here and there would be nice, but basically he's done. I would like an Arcane immunity neck and FoF though. Onto the Witch Doctor, she's already decked but just needs a few bits of set.

scy

It's not bad but the biggest problem is the ceiling for it will be a lot worse: There's no really good 6pc Akkhan interactions for it short of "well, I have permanent Akarat's." Just a lot worse than the Holy or Fire variants due to this.

The fun build I ended up with: Lightning Wizard with a Stun spin :D

Basically:

- All attacks are lightning based (electrocute, wave of force lightning, and black hole supermassive, also lightning archon for elite/rift boss) to ensure max elemental dps + always a stun opportunity
- Paralysis for a 15% stunt chance on each hit
- Wyrdward ring with a second 17% chance to stun on each hit (basically the game rolls the first chance to stun, then the second, it does not 'stack' into 'one big chance to stun' though)
- I also use the 'slow time' skill with the 'point of no return' rune which means stunning any creature entering or leaving the bubble
- Finally I equipped the 'Ancient Parthan Defender' as a bracer, which decrease the damage taken by 10% for each stunned enemy within 25 yards

With a bit of re calibration of my timings (using the slow time super early to ensure all enemies running for your character will get stunned, play on the placement of the black hole to have enemies go through the bubble and stun them etc.) I was able to solo T4 easily (I died only once in a couple of rifts).

The fun part is when you turn into Archon, hit a rift boss with the melee attack (around 40-50 million damage on crit) and a swarm of enemies get stun entering the bubble, which make you invincible for a few seconds, nice combo :)

Next step: I want to try the amulet with the 2 clones created for each stun, or the one with the % longer stun, just to see where this gets me :)

Quick question about a shotgun crusader. Which is more important? CHD or +Holy Damage? Currently, my CC is at 40% with my CHD at a whopping 230%. I had to sacrifice a lot of CHD (Paragon) to get my CDR to 50%. With the way my gear is currently set up, the only stats I could reroll to gain more CHD is to reroll the +Holy stats. What to do?!

Insaniac

The fun build I ended up with: Lightning Wizard with a Stun spin :D

Basically:

- All attacks are lightning based (electrocute, wave of force lightning, and black hole supermassive, also lightning archon for elite/rift boss) to ensure max elemental dps + always a stun opportunity
- Paralysis for a 15% stunt chance on each hit
- Wyrdward ring with a second 17% chance to stun on each hit (basically the game rolls the first chance to stun, then the second, it does not 'stack' into 'one big chance to stun' though)
- I also use the 'slow time' skill with the 'point of no return' rune which means stunning any creature entering or leaving the bubble
- Finally I equipped the 'Ancient Parthan Defender' as a bracer, which decrease the damage taken by 10% for each stunned enemy within 25 yards

With a bit of re calibration of my timings (using the slow time super early to ensure all enemies running for your character will get stunned, play on the placement of the black hole to have enemies go through the bubble and stun them etc.) I was able to solo T4 easily (I died only once in a couple of rifts).

The fun part is when you turn into Archon, hit a rift boss with the melee attack (around 40-50 million damage on crit) and a swarm of enemies get stun entering the bubble, which make you invincible for a few seconds, nice combo :)

Next step: I want to try the amulet with the 2 clones created for each stun, or the one with the % longer stun, just to see where this gets me :)

Unfortunately, Wyrdward rings stun proc is pretty poopy. It's not a 17% chance to stun, similar to the Paralysis passive, its a 17% chance to stun, based on the skills proc coefficient, meaning if the skill has a proc coefficient of 50%, your stun chance is 17% of that 50% I believe. I don't think there are many lightning skills with very high proc coefficients other than charged bolt, but charged bolt as a whole is ineffective in a stun build anyways since it only hits a few enemies and its a close range attack.

That being said, its up to you if you want to use it. I tested it compared to the paralysis passive and I deemed that its proc ability wasn't worth it, and opted for a ring with a better/more usefulproc effect

Unfortunately, Wyrdward rings stun proc is pretty poopy. It's not a 17% chance to stun, similar to the Paralysis passive, its a 17% chance to stun, based on the skills proc coefficient, meaning if the skill has a proc coefficient of 50%, your stun chance is 17% of that 50% I believe. I don't think there are many lightning skills with very high proc coefficients other than charged bolt, but charged bolt as a whole is ineffective in a stun build anyways since it only hits a few enemies and its a close range attack.

That being said, its up to you if you want to use it. I tested it compared to the paralysis passive and I deemed that its proc ability wasn't worth it, and opted for a ring with a better/more usefulproc effect

Well I am still testing :D

...and after a quick research it seems wyrward is far from ideal indeed, electrocute, black hole and wave of force have a super low proc coeff making that 17% a 3% effectively or worse... But it does work with Archon with up to 50% proc...

Still, fair feedback, I'll look at other combination - RRoG or else - but I will surely get rid of wyrdward, thx!

Insaniac

Well I am still testing :D

...and after a quick research it seems wyrward is far from ideal indeed, electrocute, black hole and wave of force have a super low proc coeff making that 17% a 3% effectively or worse... But it does work with Archon with up to 50% proc...

Still, fair feedback, I'll look at other combination - RRoG or else - but I will surely get rid of wyrdward, thx!

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble. When mine dropped with good stats I was so happy cause I wanted to use it in my lightning build. Then I tested it and was thoroughly saddened. It still sits in my stash in the hopes that maybe they'll change the way it works

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble. When mine dropped with good stats I was so happy cause I wanted to use it in my lightning build. Then I tested it and was thoroughly saddened. It still sits in my stash in the hopes that maybe they'll change the way it works

No worries, it's good feedback! I get much more stuns from Slow Time than from lightning to be honest, so it's ok :) - it's actually even exciting to find what could replace it :)

uh, Guys??????

Hello folks,

I come bearing exciting news. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Anniversary buff we have decided to keep the increased Legendary drop rate once the Anniversary celebration ends. Once the buff is disabled tomorrow morning, you will find that the new base line drop rates for Legendary items will be the same as those you have all enjoyed for the last week.

Happy hunting and link the loot!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom