• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochimp

I hope you're not playing solo rifting.

Even solo he should be getting way more than that. Solo T2 I'm getting 1-2 legs, solo T3 I've gotten as many as 6 usually at least 2 per rift.

Yesterday I had 5 chests in a row drop a leg on T3 solo, it was amazing.

ePHHzsf.png

<3
Beautiful

Hurry up Friday. Want to play dammit.

Could someone please tell me what time the 100% buff ends? Trying to figure out if I will get any more time with it when I get back Friday(Australia)

Dahbomb

Anyone catch this post about the anniversary buff?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675159955?page=8#158

Curious.

And my thorns Crusader is coming together pretty well so far. Need more gear specifics though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/chrismun-1691/hero/43476275

Sounds like Blizzard might actually think about keeping the Anniversary buff as standard.

With how many bad Legendaries there are in the game this rate feels more appropriate especially for low level players. People would still get T6 ready by around 200-300 but who cares really.

The Kadala buffs make sure that you can do targetted farming. You will still have a shit time trying to get the Rings/Amulets you want (because many compete for the spot) but you can complete Sets within reasonable time and that's where the max fun of the game is.

It'd be great if they keep this drop rate especially if they are going to be pushing us towards ladders in the future. Gearing up a new character every season only to start again with the original drop rates would be demoralizing.

Baliis

You're right.

Gyrfalcon's + Jekangboard = hilarious. :D

Been running Fate of the Fell recently and just got my 6piece akkhan set tonight. Spamming triple 20+mil heavens furies non stop, and so much armor I can face tank pretty much anything on t6 without Unity. If I do add the Unity, my health hardly even drops when I'm standing in ground affixes. Still need more CDR though, that 5 second down time is killing me, literally.

Boogdud

Even solo he should be getting way more than that. Solo T2 I'm getting 1-2 legs, solo T3 I've gotten as many as 6 usually at least 2 per rift.

Yesterday I had 5 chests in a row drop a leg on T3 solo, it was amazing.

Most of the time I'm with 2 people at least. But yeah even solo'ing I have to clanmates that get 7 per rift. >.<

Also, got a Tall man's finger tonight on my wd. Holy wow that dog is awesome. I use fire dogs and he crits for 50m. Love it.

Tarazet

I've been working on a HC Wizard after playing a Softcore Monk since 1.0. Such a nice change of pace. Coincidentally, I hit level 50 and got the achievement for 20,000 elite kills on the same pack.

The little guy actually got himself a Fulminator. I was so pissed after logging so many hundreds of hours on my lightning Monk and never seeing one. It didn't even last 5 levels before I got a better rolled rare, but now my Templar has it plus a lightning amulet so he's pretty useful. Power Hungry has been pretty lame so going to switch it out for Prodigy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/47773242

Finished my marauder set tonight. After switching some things around I tried a few T6 rifts. Never gave me any trouble but I think it could be faster if I had some better gear in a few slots. I hope they don't nerf sentries.

Anyways, I thought I'd try and gamble for magefists with cooldown or marauder gloves. Finally.... after 400 freakin shards, I finally got these.

sSlAIEv.png

I guess I should switch to physical now?

Totakeke

Finished my marauder set tonight. After switching some things around I tried a few T6 rifts. Never gave me any trouble but I think it could be faster if I had some better gear in a few slots. I hope they don't nerf sentries.

Anyways, I thought I'd try and gamble for magefists with cooldown or marauder gloves. Finally.... after 400 freakin shards, I finally got these.

I guess I should switch to physical now?

400 freakin shards! Oh my god. Yesterday I spent 150 shards and I didn't even get a legendary! Blizzard needs to introducing trading in the game.

Did you change your name?

desverger

Did some more testing with the Marauder 6pc on the lunch break. Actually liking the fire+rockets build on it now, using CA:LfB and MS:Arsenal as spenders.

It turns out that the fire sentries are the best out of the bunch too, since normally the turrets get to fire occasionally after 2 spenders, but the fire turrets are spitting out rockets every second along with the spenders.

Also swapped out my Marauder gloves for a Magefist since the +fire damage on it is kind of a "extra" stat, so that's a nice buff for the build too.

Now I just need a +fire Reaper's Wraps so I can swap out Blood Vengeance. Blacksmith pls!

Probably going back to a physical rockets build if I ever manage to get Tasker & Theo, but yeah.. :p

Thorgal

Well . this is stupid .

I want to buy Diablo 3 but when i want to pay with Paypal it demands i select a new credit card .

WHY? .jpeg

The Cowboy

So there i was, running around going after Born's key's (for the CDR set) and doing Act 2 bounties trying to get Gloves of Wisdom (to finish my CDR archon build), i got my final Born's key and made the sword and it rolled well (9% CDR, +Int and socket).

Then on the 1st Act 2 bounty after killing a pile of bones, BOOM!!!.
Today is a good day :D.

bcl0328

So there i was, running around going after Born's key's (for the CDR set) and doing Act 2 bounties trying to get Gloves of Wisdom (to finish my CDR archon build), i got my final Born's key and made the sword and it rolled well (9% CDR, +Int and socket).

grats man, it's a fun wep. what was your %damage reroll before?

The Cowboy

grats man, it's a fun wep. what was your %damage reroll before?
It was exactly as you see it now (6%), I've re-rolled it 5 times so far and have had 6% attack speed increase and a couple more 6% damage increases - it doesn't want to give up the 10%.

Edit.
Just rolled 7% attack speed, I'm still going for the 10% damage though.

ZenaxPure

Missed you saying farewell in chat Mumei, haha, didn't mean to come off rude by ignoring you!

Anyway, that last rift was weird. Wasn't the most fun or dense but I got a harrington and ice climbers from it, then went and gambled after it and got Tasker and Theo (pretty crappy pair, but, It'll do).

Mumei

Missed you saying farewell in chat Mumei, haha, didn't mean to come off rude by ignoring you!

Anyway, that last rift was weird. Wasn't the most fun or dense but I got a harrington and ice climbers from it, then went and gambled after it and got Tasker and Theo (pretty crappy pair, but, It'll do).

Oh, it's fine. I probably wouldn't have noticed if you did, I was in a bit of a rush to get out of there!

I didn't get much good out of the rest of the rifts, but I did love that the moment I arrived in the first rift a Rhen'ho Flayer dropped, and I got that Scoundrel Token that makes him never die.

CRA5H

Nice! I wish the RNGods would give me a TF. I've been blessed by the nordic gods with 2 Odyn Sons last night.. that now makes 4. All I want is a Thunderfury and not a 5th Azurewrath...

CRA5H

It was exactly as you see it now (6%), I've re-rolled it 5 times so far and have had 6% attack speed increase and a couple more 6% damage increases - it doesn't want to give up the 10%.

Edit.
Just rolled 7% attack speed, I'm still going for the 10% damage though.
Just curious.. would having IAS be more beneficial for the proc rate of TF as opposed to the %dmg?

Celegus

Goodbye my sweet prince, I hardly knew thee... switching my barb back to fire for the time being, so no more Shard of Hate. Really wish I could figure out what to do with that thing. Is lightning crusader a thing? I found a baller Axe of Senkis and got my third earth set piece, so I'm finally joining the ranks of leapquakers! Need some Lut Socks, but it's still super fun! Would love to get the Earth pants so I can use my trifecta Magefist too.

garath

The RNG gods were generous to me last night. It was the single best night of legendary drops I've ever had. Not much useful out of the bunch but the sheer number was staggering. I must have gotten 30+ in the three hours I played. One rift I got a set ring to drop from a mob, opened a loose stone and another set ring dropped. 2 min later a legendary ring dropped from a chest. 30 seconds later another set ring dropped. Insane.

I ended up with a second nat's ring, the set for Wailing host and Litany, a really good 2850 dps Balefire caster. That will be a huge upgrade from my Nat's slayer if I opt to use it. Mostly souls all around but still crazy.

The huge find of the night was finally getting my cindercoat!!! Unfortunately it's post straight CA build, but still good for now!

So now what I'm doing is I decided to replace my unity with the better of the two Nat's rings (I've spent 20mil trying to roll CHD so far. sigh) to pair with the Nat's slayer for the set bonus. Now I have the 6 piece maurader's bonus and the 3 piece Nat's bonus. It's a really nice complement.

I'll keep it this way until I get a stone of jordan (IF I get it I should say). I am definitely missing the trifecta rings I had before but the effects of the Nat's and the RRoG more than make up for it. My paltry 888k sheet dps is cranking way more than my 1mil did before the maurader set.

The web dps looks even worse lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I'm trying to decide what my 4th passive should be though. I've been using Tactical advantage for a long time because I was using smoke screen and needed that move speed but now that I'm kiting around more with the sentries, I'm keeping vault instead and can drop Tactical advantage. The movespeed is nice but not necessary.

I was thinking custom engineering but with the pace of the game, getting 5 sentries out only happens on bosses/guardians. Not really a good use for a slot. Grenadier? Would be good for the LfB proc on the CA with sentries. Bigger grenades and 10% more damage. Dunno.

I have no idea how I'm going to go back to the old drop rates. This has made the game so much more fun. Considering how much stuff you get is crap, I finally have enough souls to reroll things, I'm getting builds I never could before. It's great.

400 freakin shards! Oh my god. Yesterday I spent 150 shards and I didn't even get a legendary! Blizzard needs to introducing trading in the game.

Did you change your name?

I'm glad you picked up on my flippancy :) I was shocked I got taskers so fast. I wasn't even trying for them. I guess that's the secret.

And yeah. I had my username changed. It's jim2point0 everywhere else on the internets and in Diablo 3 as well.

I wish I had these rolls on my Haunt of Vaxo... =(

I'd take Mara's or any other immunity amulet over vaxo any day.

What a cruel trick the RNG gods played on me last night. I helped powerlevel my friends new alt to lvl 62, using my main crusader. During all of the low levels I was getting leg drops for every item I wanted for my crusader. Gyrfalcon Foote, check, Jenkaboard, check, blade of prophecy, check, Fate of Fell, check. ugh, all worthless level 35-50 trash. I know RNG doesn't work that way but I can't help but think it will take even longer for these items to appear as drops or Kadala at lvl 70. The lower level game definitely seems to narrow your drop pool.

So now what I'm doing is I decided to replace my unity with the better of the two Nat's rings (I've spent 20mil trying to roll CHD so far. sigh) to pair with the Nat's slayer for the set bonus. Now I have the 6 piece maurader's bonus and the 3 piece Nat's bonus. It's a really nice complement.

You'll get much more dmg out of your sentries if you use a 2-handed crossbow (highest weapon dmg). Nats slayer hits faster but also much, much lower. So your turrets will be weaker. Since you're using a rucksack, I can't imagine a single one-hander is doing you any favors since you miss out on the double crit dmg gems. The only thing I miss from the nats bonus is the discipline, but I don't REALLY need it I guess. I'd like to have it on my quiver I suppose.

Anywho, I'm using a hellrack because it's the best 2-handed crossbow I have (in-game DPS is 2600+ but bugged on the site).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

ferr

You'll get much more dmg out of your sentries if you use a 2-handed crossbow (highest weapon dmg). Nats slayer hits faster but also much, much lower. So your turrets will be weaker. Since you're using a rucksack, I can't imagine a single one-hander is doing you any favors since you miss out on the double crit dmg gems. The only thing I miss from the nats bonus is the discipline, but I don't REALLY need it I guess. I'd like to have it on my quiver I suppose.

Anywho, I'm using a hellrack because it's the best 2-handed crossbow I have (in-game DPS is 2600+ but bugged on the site).

Grats on the T&T, that's all I need now. Using Hellrack as well, the one I had rolled perfectly for sentry build, even has CDR on it. I've only been working in T5 so far, haven't tried T6. I feel like the sentries have enough damage to handle anything, it's just a matter of me being able to stay alive. Thunderstorm zaps the shit out of me. I recently switched to smoke screen instead of vault and it's helping. I might toss in some +res gems.. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 (oh i guess the profile hasn't updated, but it should show mara pants and some changes to the skills..)

You're using Steady Aim.. I switched that off, not sure if it works with sentries. And not sure if it's viable in upper torments.

desverger

I'm trying to decide what my 4th passive should be though. I've been using Tactical advantage for a long time because I was using smoke screen and needed that move speed but now that I'm kiting around more with the sentries, I'm keeping vault instead and can drop Tactical advantage. The movespeed is nice but not necessary.

I was thinking custom engineering but with the pace of the game, getting 5 sentries out only happens on bosses/guardians. Not really a good use for a slot. Grenadier? Would be good for the LfB proc on the CA with sentries. Bigger grenades and 10% more damage. Dunno.

Steady Aim, Archery and Ambush to some extent are great passives that affect your pets and sentries directly.

Custom Engineering I found to be worth it, if you don't want to us Bombadier's. 5 sentries is overkill, even though fun :p

I've found myself moving away from BV now that I'm not using Punishment anymore.

Just my recommendations!

What a cruel trick the RNG gods played on me last night. I helped powerlevel my friends new alt to lvl 62, using my main crusader. During all of the low levels I was getting leg drops for every item I wanted for my crusader. Gyrfalcon Foote, check, Jenkaboard, check, blade of prophecy, check, Fate of Fell, check. ugh, all worthless level 35-50 trash. I know RNG doesn't work that way but I can't help but think it will take even longer for these items to appear as drops or Kadala at lvl 70. The lower level game definitely seems to narrow your drop pool.

That's awful, haha. Not sure I could've handled it without blinking :p

You're using Steady Aim.. I switched that off, not sure if it works with sentries. And not sure if it's viable in upper torments.

No reason it shouldn't work!

I haven't completely optimized my passives yet. I always used steady aim so I just kept it in. It might not work with sentries. Would ballistics be better?

I think the reason I can survive in T6 is unity. My boots are terrible and really need more defensive stats. I need pants with 2 sockets.

Harringtons is amazing on the right map though. Seems it only works on sentries if you cast them while the buff is active. If you throw a sentry and THEN get the buff, it doesn't seem to apply. Am I understanding this right? If that's the case, it would be better to use the companion buff before throwing a sentry as well?

I love the rucksack but damn I need more cooldown. I think I'll replace the gem in my helm but the vitality loss will be brutal until I get some better toughness gear. I still end up getting out 4 sentries against tougher elites though. And it makes short work of rift bosses. Even on T6!

garath

Hmm. I like the 7% crit chance from the Nat's bonus but I'll try out a higher base damage bow tonight. I think I have a 2600 dps one hanging around. I've salvaged a few Hellracks. Really low dps on all the ones I've gotten so far :(

I didn't think about the 2hander being such a good idea. It makes sense though. The sentries have their own attack speed. I don't think they inherit your weapon attack speed.

Steady Aim, Archery and Ambush to some extent are great passives that affect your pets and sentries directly.

Custom Engineering I found to be worth it, if you don't want to us Bombadier's. 5 sentries is overkill, even though fun :p

I've found myself moving away from BV now that I'm not using Punishment anymore.

Just my recommendations!

Don't think Steady Aim affects the sentries. Even if it does, I usually drop them right in the thick of it. Archery is probably the best choice so far. I also skip BV now. I have enough attack speed that I can get hatred back as I need it while my sentries are still cranking out serious dps. I've never really liked Ambush but I'll give it another try.

Using Custom Engineering and dropping Bombadier's is a pretty good idea too. I have a quiver with better stats than my Bombadier (including 14% companion damage) which would be a nice fit. And if I could ever reroll my archfiend into something decent that would be good. The only thing is I do tend to get 4 sentries out on elite packs.. I think I'd miss that 4th with just custom engineering.

desverger

I haven't completely optimized my passives yet. I always used steady aim so I just kept it in. It might not work with sentries. Would ballistics be better?

I think the reason I can survive in T6 is unity. My boots are terrible and really need more defensive stats. I need pants with 2 sockets.

Harringtons is amazing on the right map though. Seems it only works on sentries if you cast them while the buff is active. If you throw a sentry and THEN get the buff, it doesn't seem to apply. Am I understanding this right? If that's the case, it would be better to use the companion buff before throwing a sentry as well?

I love the rucksack but damn I need more cooldown. I still end up getting out 4 sentries against tougher elites. And it makes short work of rift bosses. Even on T6!

Steady Aim and Ballistics definitely work with Sentries.

To my understanding, Harrington's (and the wolf buff) affects your pets/sentries as well, but the existing sentries might not be "updated" to it. I dunno, it's kind of hard to tell. I've noticed difference in the damage for sure, but it seems to go down after the buff fades from you, so it might just work like expected (update damage when the buff is up and update again when it's down).

edit: I'm getting most of my info that I didn't test myself from this thread that was linked here earlier: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674389831?page=1

ferr

Steady Aim and Ballistics definitely work with Sentries.

To my understanding, Harrington's (and the wolf buff) affects your pets/sentries as well, but the existing sentries might not be "updated" to it. I dunno, it's kind of hard to tell. I've noticed difference in the damage for sure, but it seems to go down after the buff fades from you, so it might just work like expected (update damage when the buff is up and update again when it's down).

edit: I'm getting most of my info that I didn't test myself from this thread that was linked here earlier: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674389831?page=1

Ballistics seems pretty popular with the build, so long as you're going the fire route I guess. Unless it affects all sentry output? I'm wondering if Witching Hour is now superior to Harrington for this build since the reliability of harrington uptime hits the fan with sentries.

From that thread and something I noticed about Nightstalker,
So like night stalker, suppression fire, nether tentacles don't give any returns to the player.
--- if pets can reset sharpshooter, they should interact with nightstalker. blizzard! 5x sentries + nightstalker pumping disc + spam smoke screen would be dreamy.

Something else I found that might be interesting. Your hatred spenders will cast even if you can't cast them. IE you can equip a sword and they will still cast CA even though you cannot cast it. So in theory you could use something like burning axe of sankis and lidless wall for more increased fire damage if you weren't using rucksack.
uhhh interesting. Sun Keeper + Lidless! Or a full lightning build utilizing Thunderfury+TGod's+Lidless :O Althought I'm sure sentries would benefit more from higher dmg weapons.

garath

From that thread and something I noticed about Nightstalker, --- if pets can reset sharpshooter, they should interact with nightstalker. blizzard! 5x sentries + nightstalker pumping disc + spam smoke screen would be dreamy.

Haha. That would be truly OP and nerfed right away.

Out of curiosity, why are you using magefist over cindercoat? Is it strictly because of the rolls? That is a well rolled magefist indeed.

I just found this sucker in one of my T6 rifts. Would it be better to reroll the poison damage higher or reroll the vit to +10% damage? Is there some sort of calculator somewhere to help with this? Don't want to ruin this thing...

Also, any ideas how to incorporate this into a physical Marauder sentry build? Currently using CA and Multishot... the only physical elemental arrow I see is nether tentacles and I haven't touched that skill since they nerfed it at D3 launch.

yF1GWA8.png

ferr

I just found this sucker in one of my T6 rifts. Would it be better to reroll the poison damage higher or reroll the vit to +10% damage? Is there some sort of calculator somewhere to help with this? Don't want to ruin this thing...

Also, any ideas how to incorporate this into a physical Marauder sentry build? Currently using CA and Multishot... the only physical elemental arrow I see is nether tentacles and I haven't touched that skill since they nerfed it at D3 launch.

yF1GWA8.png

Any reason you're going physical instead of sticking with fire? You could actually go lightning and use FA:BL and maybe CA:DA. With that you'd have a spender and generator and you'd be able to spam BL and leave all hatred for sentries.

Grats on the krider, I think you'd benefit more from rolling the poison damage higher. Your current avg dmg at 1029-1231 is 1130 and the max is 1345.. that's almost 20% difference.

Any reason you're going physical instead of sticking with fire? You could actually go lightning and use FA:BL and maybe CA:DA. With that you'd have a spender and generator and you'd be able to spam BL and leave all hatred for sentries.

Grats on the krider, I think you'd benefit more from rolling the poison damage higher. Your current avg dmg at 1029-1231 is 1130 and the max is 1345.. that's almost 20% difference.

No specific reason really, I just have more physical gear than fire. My SoJ, arcane immune amulet, and bracers all rolled physical so I went with it. If I find some fire or lightning gear maybe I could switch.

Out of curiosity, why are you using magefist over cindercoat? Is it strictly because of the rolls? That is a well rolled magefist indeed.

Keep in mind I've only had 1 hour to play with this setup before I passed out and went to bed. I'll tweak the setup some more after work today.

But so far, I found I get more dmg using magefists\mara chest than I would with my crappy mara gloves + cindercoat. Even with Cindercoat's reduction. My mara gloves would gimp me.

Also, my mara chest has a lot more toughness since it has all res. Once I get better pants (2 socket) and boots, I'll consider a marauder chest with sentry dmg on it.

I might try using taskers but I can't seem to find any convincing evidence that they are worth it in a sentry build.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So I got a lot of legendaries last night, and while a lot were not great, quite a few were upgrades. My damage is up to 400k unbuffed, from something like 230k unbuffed 2 days ago, and my 'elemental dps' is something like 460k.

I think I need something better though! Only two more days of this bonus, and I have to min-max my time to get the most out of it.

With my stats

What should I be farming? I've just been doing rift runs non stop, yesterday I switched over to Torment II from Torment I, and I still perform okay.

Celegus

Any tips to getting a bottomless potion?

As far as I'm concerned, they do not exist.

Left click on monsters until they die.

Actually left click on chests until they open. That's where I got both of mine (both in the past few days, after never seeing one for over 200 paragon levels)

Left click on monsters until they die.

Actually left click on chests until they open. That's where I got both of mine (both in the past few days, after never seeing one for over 200 paragon levels)

haha I got that reference. Thanks...I'll keep chugging along, but it's going to be tough when this legendary buff is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom