• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Just read about the buff update, great to hear! Haven't been able to put in a lot of time this week as I've started a new job but I'm glad to know all of the loot will await me no matter when I play.

Yeah I agree. It's kind of dumb that you can open a rift for 5 fragments on normal then open a much better one for the same cost on T6. Should cost at least 10 on T6 IMO.

Glad we're on the same page! I was thinking it should cost like 15 fragments but 10 would be ok.

Just started up RoS yesterday. Haven't played original D3 in a bit.

Are blue and yellow champ mobs supposed to only drop like 1 item now ?
I recalled them dropping a few more stuff.

Also, how do I join GAF clan ?

Yeah I agree. It's kind of dumb that you can open a rift for 5 fragments on normal then open a much better one for the same cost on T6. Should cost at least 10 on T6 IMO.

I don't agree with that. Did they specify whether the double fragment drops would be staying too? The blue post seems ambiguous and I'd assume they were going back to normal.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I personally think Rifts should be free to open, I don't see why I have to slog along doing Bounties which I don't enjoy so I can do Rifts. Without RiF the game would be a lot less fun.

And good news about the buff, it was the right decision. The game has felt a whole lot more rewarding for the past week.

What would the point of that be?
To force people to grind mindnumbing bounties a few thousand more times than they already have? Just to access the rest of the content? Why make an already pointless arbitrary content gate even worse.
The concept of rift keys is the equivalent of forcing people to play 8 man FFA deathmatch 3x before they get to play a round of CTF in quake.

If you want to pay more keys to open a higher tier rift then how about just deleting 10 keys every time you open one huh.
Same result only you won't have to shit on other people's game.

OT : good that the buff is staying.

ZenaxPure

I personally think Rifts should be free to open, I don't see why I have to slog along doing Bounties which I don't enjoy so I can do Rifts. Without RiF the game would be a lot less fun.

I don't mind doing bounties really, as long as I am on an appropriate difficulty. What bugs me is that there is no difference in the amount of fragments you get on normal vs. T6. Utterly dumb when they've already fixed a similar issue with blood shards.

That said, I agree, I wish they were free but I don't see them doing it.

To force people to grind mindnumbing bounties a few thousand more times than they already have?

If you want to pay more keys to open a higher tier rift then how about just deleting 10 keys every time you open one huh.
Same result only you won't have to shit on other people's game.

OT : good that the buff is staying.

I think hes being sarcastic. I meant rift fragments should drop more than it is without the buff heh. As it is now, bounties are fucking boring as hell. Don't think i'd have the will to even log on knowing I have to do more of them.

I think hes being sarcastic. I meant rift fragments should drop more than it is without the buff heh. As it is now, bounties are fucking boring as hell.

Bit hard to tell when it's sarcasm isn't it, since the other guy was referring to getting more fragments from bounties.

edit: see he's not being sarcastic, just asinine.

eek5

It's too easy to get right now. I mean you can just brute force a bunch of normal games and be set for life in T6 rifts. If they don't want to increase the cost of T6 rifts they should have different keys for each difficulty level. You should have to clear T6 bounties to play in T6 rift IMO!

This fixes that bullshit RIF shit too.

Boogdud

It's too easy to get right now. I mean you can just brute force a bunch of normal games and be set for life in T6 rifts. If they don't want to increase the cost of T6 rifts they should have different keys for each difficulty level. You should have to clear T6 bounties to play in T6 rift IMO!

This fixes that bullshit RIF shit too.

Sounds like the worst thing ever. Bounties are obnoxious as it is. Having different keys for torment levels!? If you want to make playing the game even more tedious, mission accomplished.

Jrmint

Excellent news thanks so much Blizzard.

Although:

is anyone slightly worried that they're saying this and then actually dropping it back to normal without saying something? I know I'm being a negative nancy, but we'll see how it feels.

The Cowboy

Got 2 of these to drop on my Wizard, the better one rolled +str instead of +int (it has +27% damage increase) which is a bummer - but my barb will be happy to have it (he also got lut socks today).
u3NNBAe.png
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheCowboy-2318/hero/47866
My fire wizard is coming on nicely now i recon (89% +fire), today has been great with the above bracer and a Thunderfury which has pushed me into T4/5, plus my Archon CDR build is 1 item away from complete (just need Gloves of Wisdom now), which should be good for T6.

Excellent news thanks so much Blizzard.

Although:

is anyone slightly worried that they're saying this and then actually dropping it back to normal without saying something? I know I'm being a negative nancy, but we'll see how it feels.

I had the exact same thought, sadly. But the difference between now and pre anniversary buff is pretty big so I would expect a huge uproar on the forums if that ended up being the case.

terrisus

So, hey, DiabloGAF, random question.

I'm a Barb Tank who survives and sucks up damage just fine on Torment 4, and can do fine on Torment 5 as well, although I've been sticking to Torment 4.

This evening, though, I was kicked out of 3 games in a row because "wtf, ur only paragon 44, go play normal u noob"

So, am I missing something here? Does it really matter that much? Am I going to have to go back to an earlier difficulty and just mindlessly grind out Paragon levels for ages? What's the deal here?

eek5

I'm a Barb Tank who survives and sucks up damage just fine on Torment 4, and can do fine on Torment 5 as well, although I've been sticking to Torment 4.

This evening, though, I was kicked out of 3 games in a row because "wtf, ur only paragon 44, go play normal u noob"

So, am I missing something here? Does it really matter that much? Am I going to have to go back to an earlier difficulty and just mindlessly grind out Paragon levels for ages? What's the deal here?

This isn't MMO bro. Unless you're 40 mil toughness monk with 7k str no one wants a tank/support in anything under T5.

Jrmint

Don't play with randoms. I never do in Diablo. Solo, friends or Gaf only.

terrisus

Don't play with randoms. I never do in Diablo. Solo, friends or Gaf only.

Yeah, I feel like, if anything, I should just go back to playing solo for a while.

I played a bunch when the game came out, but stopped playing for a while not too long after the Paragon system started, and then had a stroke last year, so I've been kind of out of the mix for a while.

I started playing for a bit again with the new expansion, and beat that and such, but, without the RMAH and Gold AH, there just doesn't really seem to be any particularly worthwhile reason to play more - and issues like this don't make things seem too much more worthwhile.

This isn't MMO bro. Unless you're 40 mil toughness monk with 7k str no one wants a tank/support in anything under T5.

I probably should just go spend more time with the EQ Landmark Beta.

Jrmint

Yeah, I feel like, if anything, I should just go back to playing solo for a while.

I played a bunch when the game came out, but stopped playing for a while not too long after the Paragon system started, and then had a stroke last year, so I've been kind of out of the mix for a while.

I started playing for a bit again with the new expansion, and beat that and such, but, without the RMAH and Gold AH, there just doesn't really seem to be any particularly worthwhile reason to play more - and issues like this don't make things seem too much more worthwhile.

I probably should just go spend more time with the EQ Landmark Beta.
Sorry to hear it man. Feel free to add me if you like, I'd be happy to do some runs with you. Jrmint#1322

Zaptruder

Banned
There's no way in fucking hell they didn't already nerf the buff. My last 3 days were fucking awful with the buff and absolutely nowhere near the first few days with it. I know RNG gonna RNG but man it was like night and day difference.

I feel that this is true. It's better than pre buff... but at the start of the buff, I got 5 legs in a single rift, then consistently 2-3 legs per rift.

Now I'm back to seeing 1 leg a rift on avg (some don't have legs). Lots more recipes though. And I'm counting those as legs too.

terrisus

Sorry to hear it man. Feel free to add me if you like, I'd be happy to do some runs with you. Jrmint#1322

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm done for tonight, but I will tomorrow. terrisus#1807

The main problem I have to deal with is that it's difficult for me to have extended periods of time when I can really sit down to play, so I tend to pop in and out just trying to grab a run when I can, and sometimes having to be away for a minute here and there even during runs. Which is a pain, of course, and why I always feel it's easier to play with randoms, since I'm not bothering anyone that I actually know.

Of course, single player is the best for that, since there you can actually pause, but, needless to say, the game's not really crafted around single-player very well. And I just kind of feel like, what's really the point to playing single-player with everything beaten anyway.

Yeah, I actually liked the RMAH and Gold AH. Gave me something else to do, and I made back what I paid for the game a couple of times over.

garath

There's no way in fucking hell they didn't already nerf the buff. My last 3 days were fucking awful with the buff and absolutely nowhere near the first few days with it. I know RNG gonna RNG but man it was like night and day difference.

RNG my man. Last two days have been the best for me personally that I have ever experienced. I have gotten no less than 30 legendaries in about 5-6 hours of playtime max. I got 9 tonight in less than 2 hours.

Clan chat can attest to the ID spam about 20 min ago Lol.

Conversely I was hardly getting anything first few days. That number generator doing work.

I love that they are keeping the drop rate. The fun continues!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind doing bounties really, as long as I am on an appropriate difficulty. What bugs me is that there is no difference in the amount of fragments you get on normal vs. T6. Utterly dumb when they've already fixed a similar issue with blood shards.

That said, I agree, I wish they were free but I don't see them doing it.

Yeah, they need to increase the frags per difficulty, that would make them a little more bearable.

RDreamer

I feel that this is true. It's better than pre buff... but at the start of the buff, I got 5 legs in a single rift, then consistently 2-3 legs per rift.

Now I'm back to seeing 1 leg a rift on avg (some don't have legs). Lots more recipes though. And I'm counting those as legs too.

My last two days were maybe 1 leg per every 2-3 rifts... First night was like 1-3 legs per rift.

There's nothing anyone will say to convince me they didn't down tune the buff. Perhaps it was way too high the first night, I dunno. It definitely wasn't acting the same the last few nights though.

Totakeke

Call me pessimistic, but give it another two weeks or so and you guys will be complaining about the drop rates again. The same thing happened when 2.0 hit before RoS. Everyone felt that the game was amazing then a few weeks afterwards the rewards are not enough again. It's all relative.

The real way to fix this would be to constantly up the drop rates periodically. Of course if people are used to that then people will still complain too.

I guess if people actually hits their own personal gear ceiling, then there's nothing left to complain anymore because there's no point in wanting more loot.

Nice to see that the buff is going to be permanent. Even though the trash was abundant I did get a number of highly sought items over the last week (not from Kadala)

Just listing them from memory I got

4 Marauder pieces
5 Shadow pieces
2 Natalya pieces
1 Calamity
1 Gyrfalcon's Foote
1 Fate of the Fell
Haunt of Vaxos in pretty much every element
A nice fire SoJ for Crusader

Pretty good haul. I can't really complain. The game does need an injection of items to disrupt the supremacy of sets.

MartyStu

Has Kadala gotten much worse or what? She is no longer trolling me with +1 Mirrorballs. I am just flat out getting no Legendaries.

Wasted ~700 Shards tonight. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom