• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

Where are the locations Piedmon hides at? Want to know before I waste a lot of time there. Also I saw Justimon at Nex Machina but he ran off and I can't find him again.

Opa-Pa

I bought this at release but only had the chance to start it last night. I'm about 5 hours in and loving every second.

I pretty much bought Cyber Sleuth in hopes that we'd eventually get this game because DW1 is one of my favorite games ever... Hell, I even beat Re Digitize in anticipation.

I was pretty worried about the international version enhancements because stuff like hard mode in CS was pretty messy and badly balanced, but man, normal mode in this game is pretty cool, and definitely welcome after how disappointingly easy Re Digitize was. Seems pretty fair and fun so far!

I'm still on my first generation, but got a Saberdramon from my Black Agumon and surprisingly got to evolve my Renamon into Kyubimon. Good stuff.

About new features... I'm still not sure if I really dig having two mons, but man, learning bits of the evo requirements via discipline is the best. I always wanted the system to be a bit more lenient without making it easier, and this is the perfect solution.

The only thing I seem to be struggling with is friendship between my mons tho, theyre always at like 10 despite taking good care of them and only fleeing twice. I guess it's not necessary to have it high yet, so I don't mind too much.

Oh, by the way,
what does it mean when your digimon has an "NG" icon after giving it orders?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What does Piedmon do? He warns me to *cough*SAVE*cough* before experimenting on my Digimon---is it something that could work majorly in my favor?

Where are the locations Piedmon hides at? Want to know before I waste a lot of time there. Also I saw Justimon at Nex Machina but he ran off and I can't find him again.

To the right of I believe the Red Room, it's in the SE corner of the main map---outside is three Toyagumon and inside is a Wizardmon.

Next, in the center town at the bottom of the hill, examine the trees around the room Monzaemon was in. He'll appear. Forgot which tree exactly.

Finally, go down to the Graveyard and into the church where Orphanimon is. Examine the brown piano to the far left of her in the corner.

What does Piedmon do? He warns me to *cough*SAVE*cough* before experimenting on my Digimon---is it something that could work majorly in my favor?

To the right of I believe the Red Room, it's in the SE corner of the main map---outside is three Toyagumon and inside is a Wizardmon.

Next, in the center town at the bottom of the hill, examine the trees around the room Monzaemon was in. He'll appear. Forgot which tree exactly.

Finally, go down to the Graveyard and into the church where Orphanimon is. Examine the brown piano to the far left of her in the corner.

Thanks. That ended up being a really good trip for me. Got Piedmon, the 3 Demon Lords in the blue room, Crusadermon in front of the mansion and VenomMyotismon in the graveyard (who was there before but wouldn't talk to me).

. . . i was gonna search for him myself, but i'd have never found this dude lol

Phew thought the game glitches and I was going to lose a ton of progress. Fighting Jesmon and Gankoomon. When I had my Digimon do their special attacks as once, one of my Digimon completely froze. For about 3 minutes, I couldn't do anything. My Phoenixmon was attacking Jesmon but my health and mp wasn't moving at all. Finally my Seraphimon unfroze and I was able to finish the fight.

I'm surprised how much more I like this than Re: Digitize. I was sort of expecting the feel to be the same, but this hits a lot closer to the original.

Boy, that Unity though.

Yeah, I'm on normal, but I like the extra challenge.

I know, that's the challenge I'm referring to. I'm enjoying my time with the game, why rush it?

I feel ya, man. I was considering going easy because I have other games to play, but something about the more "grindy" time managing aspects to normal makes me happy. It feels really satisfying when you pull off a digivolution you wanted.

Oh, by the way, what does it mean when your digimon has an "NG" icon after giving it orders?

It can't do whatever order you just gave it. I think it's short for "No Good".

Got my prosperity up to 154. Hoping my Digimon can live 2 more days for Magnamon. One is 20 and the other is 19. The only fight I haven't been able to win is the Omegamon/Alphamon one. Chaosmon was probably the hardest fight for me that I've beaten. My next generation of Digimon I'm going to try to max out strength and stamina. My current Digimon have about 7.6k strength and 7.4k stamina. By the time they die I'll probably put the game down for awhile.

Boltboutamon dlc is up in EU:
New scenario/quest & apparently talking agumon and gabumon digi eggs. The digimon evolve into their cannon evolutions which are also voiced. Combining them into omnimon results in a voiced omnimon.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=EP0700-CUSA05392_00-DWNODLCBNDL00000

Expand your adventure in the Digi'World with exciting free content:

- Additional scenario event, featuring a mysterious and powerful new Digimon!

- Agumon and Gabumon Digi'Eggs

THE DIGI'WORLD IS WAITING FOR YOUR HELP!

No announcement or anything for this o_O. More excited by the voiced digimon. I'm not a fan of Boltboutamons design considering the two digimon that fuse to make him have good designs imo.

Nothing for U.S yet soz.

quick question, if I buy the game on eBay, does the money go to Bandai Namco?

It actually arived today! Gonna play in a bit.

giphy.gif

notaskwid

Easy: for those new to the world of Digimon!
Normal: For those familiar with the world of Digimon!

Hm, nice trap. But you're not fooling me into a grind fest game.

New scenario/quest & apparently talking agumon and gabumon digi eggs. The digimon evolve into their cannon evolutions which are also voiced. Combining them into omnimon results in a voiced omnimon.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=EP0700-CUSA05392_00-DWNODLCBNDL00000

No announcement or anything for this o_O. More excited by the voiced digimon. I'm not a fan of Boltboutamons design considering the two digimon that fuse to make him have good designs imo.

Edit - nothing for U.S soz.

Neat.
I guess I know what to do with my next generation.

cheaper to go to bb or amazon if you have gcu or prime, hell BB has a deal where if you buy 2 namco bandai anime games you buy 1 get the other 50% off still. (if you want another NB game too ) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/anime-games-150425

i don't got prime, and with all the other stuff i'm buying soon i can only afford this now

how does the best buy shit work though? just order two and they take half off of one of them?

Beartruck

GAF, am I a scumbag? Last week, I picked up this game and tales of berseria from Bestbuy for 24 and 48 because of a deal they had, and then returned berseria this week, except the way the lady ran the return I got back $60 for it. So basically I got this game for $12. Im enjoying my first hour of the game, but I feel so guilty.

GAF, am I a scumbag? Last week, I picked up this game and tales of berseria from Bestbuy for 24 and 48 because of a deal they had, and then returned berseria this week, except the way the lady ran the return I got back $60 for it. So basically I got this game for $12. Im enjoying my first hour of the game, but I feel so guilty.
nah man, you do what you gotta do.

if you fuckin stole it that'd be a different story (scumbag!)

i don't got prime, and with all the other stuff i'm buying soon i can only afford this now

how does the best buy shit work though? just order two and they take half off of one of them?

The ebay links seems fine, somebody bought 2 of them somewhere and then is reselling them i guess, unless they're stolen or something i don't see why/how it wouldn't be supporting BN, afaik they care about getting pre-orders more though. As the other person said the Amazon & Best Buy deals are better and what people were recommending [I'm not in the US] . You can use a prime trial to get the discount as well.
Yeah the best buy thing works that way, "effectively" getting two $60 games for $45 each.

God, not having an actual Miyazaki Ayumi song for ExE is such a missed opportunity.

Accentier has grown on me . When they announced it they had this whole thing about the singer being a Digimon fan from day 1 and this was a huge deal for her etc, somehow I was a little skeptical.

cyber sleuth was pretty long too but i played it like it was an addiction so i think i got through it relatively fast

It's longer than cyber sleuth since there's alot more to do post game. Also, the game is more difficult.

They went the easy route in making the game harder for normal mode by lowering the efficiency of training and leaving the stats of the encounters the same.
This is kinda just fake difficulty though as it just means more grinding.

Opa-Pa

By the way, I don't think I saw this referenced in the thread, you can get the DW1+DW:NO soundtracks as audio files on PC for free by registering in the european Namco Bandai site and redeeming it as a free prize on its VIP corner https://www.bandainamcoent.es/vipcorner/get/slug/digimon-world-next-order-banda-sonora-original

They went the easy route in making the game harder for normal mode by lowering the efficiency of training and leaving the stats of the encounters the same.

Normally I'd agree, but somehow normal feels just like it should have been from the start and pretty faithful to the original. There's A TON of help to make your latter generations good by default after all. I remember beating Re digitize with all stats at 99 and regretting doing so, but it was so easy to achieve that I felt like I had to.

It's nothing like Cyber Sleuth either where hard mode was just semi competent mobs + insufferable, damage spongey bosses, that was garbage.

Edit - nothing for U.S soz.

We're getting the voiced Agumon/Gabumon DLC? When they didn't announce it, I just assumed they didn't bother because they couldn't get the orignal VAs like the Japanese version.

The ebay links seems fine, somebody bought 2 of them somewhere and then is reselling them i guess, unless they're stolen or something i don't see why/how it wouldn't be supporting BN, afaik they care about getting pre-orders more though. As the other person said the Amazon & Best Buy deals are better and what people were recommending [I'm not in the US] . You can use a prime trial to get the discount as well.
Yeah the best buy thing works that way, "effectively" getting two $60 games for $45 each.
i'll probably just do the eBay link, then.

It's longer than cyber sleuth since there's alot more to do post game. Also, the game is more difficult.
well, fuck.

is this like minecraft where you have to fuckin feed em n shit

Qwark

Normally I'd agree, but somehow normal feels just like it should have been from the start and pretty faithful to the original. There's A TON of help to make your latter generations good by default after all. I remember beating Re digitize with all stats at 99 and regretting doing so, but it was so easy to achieve that I felt like I had to.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe normal is the standard. It was the only option in the Vita version, and they added Easy mode (hence "easy route in making the game easier") for the PS4 release. Edit: Nevermind, got it backwards.

Also, I'm kinda surprised by how many glitches I've run into. It's got nothing on the number of glitches in the original, but things like Digimon unable to change targets when one of multiple enemies is defeated, battle portraits and command points that persist after battle, invisible care bubbles. And I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a feature, but if one of my Digimon is hungry before a digivolution, they should still be hungry after a digivolution, especially if they weren't the ones to digivolve. Unless the hunger just got scared out of them. Not enough things to detract from the game, just unusual issues.

sensui-tomo

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe normal is the standard. It was the only option in the Vita version, and they added Easy mode (hence "easy route in making the game easier") for the PS4 release.

Also, I'm kinda surprised by how many glitches I've run into. It's got nothing on the number of glitches in the original, but things like Digimon unable to change targets when one of multiple enemies is defeated, battle portraits and command points that persist after battle, invisible care bubbles. And I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a feature, but if one of my Digimon is hungry before a digivolution, they should still be hungry after a digivolution, especially if they weren't the ones to digivolve. Unless the hunger just got scared out of them. Not enough things to detract from the game, just unusual issues.

no, easy is the normal of the vita and normal is the new difficulty aka the real hard.

Qwark

Is it a sign that a Mega is dying when they receive a large boost of fatigue when training?

I don't think it's necessarily dying, but my ultimates get fatigue faster in the last 5 days or so of their life. Death isn't imminent, but they're getting old. The only sign I've noticed of imminent death is the annoying howling.

Is it a sign that a Mega is dying when they receive a large boost of fatigue when training?

Yup, about a day or two away from death in my experience, once they start stopping and doing a new negative animation when you're running around , they're like 6 hours away from death.

Lagamorph

Just noticed the "Digi'Extension Pack" has gone up on (EU at least) PSN today for Free.

Expand your adventure in the Digi'World with exciting free content:

- Additional scenario event, featuring a mysterious and powerful new Digimon!

- Agumon and Gabumon Digi'Eggs

I softlocked in battle while attempting a double finisher. One of my partners would not do the powering up animation and the enemy can't damage your partners in the "before finisher" state.

AlanOC91

Beat
Armageddemon
!

God damn was that a hard fight. Even in eXe his special attack did 22k damage and he spammed the ever living shit out of it.

My Phoenixmon and Seraphimon died at the same time. I have about 700k bits right now so I'm going to spend a ton leveling them up. What Digimon work to get Darkdramon to join? My Seraphimon could use every physical attack but he still didn't count as something with a strong punch.

sensui-tomo

Anyone able to get a clip of the voiced agumon/gabumon or is it the same voices as the intro for them, really curious about it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cherubimon and HerculesKabuterimon died. :X

They helped me recruit, like, thirty-some Digimon it felt like...

Now on to Generation 5 with YukimiBotamon and Yuramon. They went Salamon->Gatomon and Renamon->Leomon and as Champions their Str/Sta at 3500 already! Dayum.

I've been neglecting the other stats a bit, but that's all you really need it seems unless you're going for certain evolutions---Wis. seems pointless once you've got plenty of MP and the walking->recharge skill.

Pau

If you hit the requirements for more than one evolution, how is the evolution chosen? My Nyaromon had the requirements for Salamon but evolved into Biyomon. Which is what I wanted anyways but I thought it chose the first Digimon in the list?

If you hit the requirements for more than one evolution, how is the evolution chosen? My Nyaromon had the requirements for Salamon but evolved into Biyomon. Which is what I wanted anyways but I thought it chose the first Digimon in the list?

GrapLeomon shows how likely you are to Digivolve into each form but if you upgrade your Dojo you can block evolutions so you get the one you want.

Edit: What's Key points? Is that how many times you've been reborn?

Top Bottom