• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well you see, there's a guy who likes to sneak around our community with like, 4-5 different alts, both in here and in game.

When a BRAND SPANKING NEW ACCOUNT pops up to defend a player who may be messing things up on knowingly, and who may have a history of doing so, it kind of raises alarms!

At any rate you're not really adding to your credibility with these posts.

culex-knight

Neo Member
Well you see, there's a guy who likes to sneak around our community with like, 4-5 different alts, both in here and in game.

When a BRAND SPANKING NEW ACCOUNT pops up to defend a player who may be messing things up on knowingly, and who may have a history of doing so, it kind of raises alarms!

At any rate you're not really adding to your credibility with these posts.

IP check me, bro.

Look, I didn't even know this shit existed until dramas and tears were shed in the chat. I thought I was playing an inhouse with vocab and Uzu. Don't accuse me of shit because I warstomped some bads.

Neki

Is there anyway to set up matches with true noob teams? That match with Uzu and them broke my spirit. :(

You need experienced players to watch your games, people that are reliable enough to do so without swindling you:

Procarbine, haly, milkman, neki, anbokr (maybe), pilow (probably) and 109 (some days). I usually go by the simple rule that if you have one hon gaffer on a side, you need at least one hon gaffer to even it out on the other side.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I usually go by the simple rule that if you have one hon gaffer on a side, you need at least one hon gaffer to even it out on the other side.
Yes, I more or less agree with this.

And there are tiers within hongaf as well so.

Top people are on this, TOP.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Okay, I'm being clued in onto some swindle games. Obvious ones, like Loki against 4 newbies or 1.09 and Swift against 5 newbies.

The first one I'm discounting because Loki as last pick is just... really stupid. The second one I'll let slide but if it happens again I will also be discounting it and probably taking action against the offending players too (I'd rather not).

Until Uzu can come here and confirm who he is (and more importantly, that he isn't Meeru), game 27959297 will be disqualified, apologies to telosfortelos and DR. FUCKING DOAK, but not jet (who I assume was working with meeruzu because LOL 600 GPM LESH) and Loki, who is Loki.
No biggy, I played terribly and got carried anyway. Undeserved win if it did count. I really just wanted to play with some gaffers. Look forward to more later.

Neki

Got to get more of HoN gaf mixing with the new folks.

HoN Gaf is trying. We usually force captains to pick 2-3 non hon gaf to even things out. Problem is skill wise, most of hon gaf is above the average level of a new neogaf dota player, so captains tend to sway towards more experienced players. But I don't think it's been too bad so far.

BeesEight

The first one I'm discounting because Loki as last pick is just... really stupid. The second one I'll let slide but if it happens again I will also be discounting it and probably taking action against the offending players too (I'd rather not).

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the other captain in the 1.09 game is fairly new - at the very least to NeoGaf Dota. So I think that was mostly him not realizing the large skill discrepancy between the old HoNgaffers and a lot of the new people who jumped on board recently.

If I remember correctly, two people just forced themselves on 1.09 so it wasn't an intentional stack by any means. And without following the Dota 2 thread, it can be hard to keep track of some of the higher skilled players.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
IHLCaptainKirby0724.jpg

IHLCaptainKirby0724bans.jpg

I Stepped up, and claimed victory. My honor is restored!

Lion was a bit of an odd ban, we really had no idea, decided to try and get rid of a strong support.

Tenck

If it makes you feel any better, we were told it was only an in-house. (jet/Leshrac from that game.)

Looking through Uzu's account you can also tell he's not meeru. Even conceptor said so. So let's put those accusations to rest too if he ever decides to join us for non—ihl games.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Looking through Uzu's account you can also tell he's not meeru. Even conceptor said so. So let's put those accusations to rest too if he ever decides to join us for non—ihl games.

Meeru is a symbol, more than a man. He is... he is... like the Batman. He is in us all, the corruption within. The Villain GAF needs but doesn't deserve.

kingslunk

Thread took a turn for the worst (and more entertaining now :p).

YOU GUYS COULDN'T EVEN HANDLE UZU, SO BAD.

Can I add you on steam friends LOL. Everyday Uzu comes in mumble brags how good he is at dota and then gets embarrassed every game I play.

We need warriors for the war against Uzu.

Also jet is culex-knight. He taught me all I know about Dota.

G-Unit

Yeah I'm dissapointed with my first IHL game

On the plus side, it's good to play better players. But it sucks to be pwned.

Still better than playing with 10 victories new players

Artanisix

Hey guys,

Just want to let everyone know that some sweet changes are coming tomorrow night that should make most everyone except Uzu happy. Keep playing your games and posting your screenshots. The spreadsheet won't be updated until tomorrow when things are changed.

Keep having fun and continue tuning in!

kingslunk

Hey guys,

Just want to let everyone know that some sweet changes are coming tomorrow night that should make most everyone except Uzu happy. Keep playing your games and posting your screenshots. The spreadsheet won't be updated until tomorrow when things are changed.

So if we carry that scrub uzu to victory, the game isn't going to be counted?

Gritesh

I dunno I was under the impression that these games were going to be fairly balanced and even, but the absolute curb stomping that is going on is disheartening.

I know it's day one and will take a while, but I think a lot of the low tier players will quickly burn out.

It's not fun to lose in 15 minutes, I understand that it's the nature of the game but still.

Also can't wrap my head around how badly I'm doing lately, can just wreck in mm sometimes but tonight was like day 1 dota all over again.

Neki

I dunno I was under the impression that these games were going to be fairly balanced and even, but the absolute curb stomping that is going on is disheartening.

I know it's day one and will take a while, but I think a lot of the low tier players will quickly burn out.

It's not fun to lose in 15 minutes, I understand that it's the nature of the game but still.

Also can't wrap my head around how badly I'm doing lately, can just wreck in mm sometimes but tonight was like day 1 dota all over again.

good games happen when you get good player drafting and hero drafting, not many people can do either.

culex-knight

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Rofl dude. We (Uzu, cab, myself) were invited after being told it was an in-house game. No one had any idea about any of this garbage. There was no discussion of a league or anything GAF related, only about how Loki was drunk and who picks first.

Artanisix

Rofl dude. We (Uzu, cab, myself) were invited after being told it was an in-house game. No one had any idea about any of this garbage. There was no discussion of a league or anything GAF related, only about how Loki was drunk and who picks first.

Good for you no one cares, go pretend to be pros elsewhere thank you.

KScorp

Uzu was definitely advertising his game in the Neogaf lobby as a non-IHL game. I think there was a misunderstanding since all GAF games are using the same password. Can we at least use a different password for games meant for IHL?

Artanisix

Pretty sure your friends and you were the ones coming in the thread calling the league insects, garbage, trash, shit bags, warstomping nubz etc. If you're not interested in the league that's fine, go away. See how the thread is specifically named Dota IHL? No need to act like arrogant morons looking down upon the dweebs of Dota gaf. You have had absolutely ZERO interaction with the Dota gaf community until now.

Sanjay

good games happen when you get good player drafting and hero drafting, not many people can do either.

Also with the ratings, the more matches that get played it will get better to balance and draft.

And a big hurrah for The Doombass for first IHL RAMPAGE! Like a boss.

culex-knight

Neo Member
Pretty sure your friends and you were the ones coming in the thread calling the league insects, garbage, trash, shit bags, warstomping nubz etc. If you're not interested in the league that's fine, go away. See how the thread is specifically named Dota IHL? No need to act like arrogant morons looking down upon the dweebs of Dota gaf.

Pretty sure I have had two friends post in this thread: vocab and kingslunk. Also, pretty sure I have the right to defend myself against accusations from butthurt school children.

See:
- "but not jet (who I assume was working with meeruzu because LOL 600 GPM LESH)"
- "I'm disinclined to believe you when this is your first post on an account made in 2009.
Fuck, are you even trying?"

Not sure how saying I "warstomped some bads" (which is the only true accusation listed above) demonstrates any sort of arrogance when I'm quite clearly upset that you kind folk want to raise pitchforks over a video game. Not sure why you couldn't just confirm who I was, instead of "LUL MEERU," whoever the fuck that is. Not to mention you have other people coming forward confirming this WASN'T a league game.

You're the moron changing rules, all the while blaming someone innocent, because your own leaguers couldn't follow them.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

even games with 10 completely new players might be stomps, you can't predict this stuff in dota. Drafting, big plays, lanes, team coordination, etc... all go into making a game. Sometimes games will be close, and sometimes they will be stomps, that is the nature of dota.

Uzu was definitely advertising his game in the Neogaf lobby as a non-IHL game. I think there was a misunderstanding since all GAF games are using the same password. Can we at least use a different password for games meant for IHL?

Not sure I buy this, then why were his games posted here?

Pretty sure I have had two friends post in this thread: vocab and kingslunk. Also, pretty sure I have the right to defend myself against accusations from butthurt school children.

See:
- "but not jet (who I assume was working with meeruzu because LOL 600 GPM LESH)"
- "I'm disinclined to believe you when this is your first post on an account made in 2009.
Fuck, are you even trying?"

Not sure how saying I "warstomped some bads" (which is the only true accusation listed above) demonstrates any sort of arrogance when I'm quite clearly upset that you kind folk want to raise pitchforks over a video game. Not sure why you couldn't just confirm who I was, instead of "LUL MEERU," whoever the fuck that is. Not to mention you have other people coming forward confirming this WASN'T a league game.

You're the moron changing rules, all the while blaming someone innocent, because your own leaguers couldn't follow them.

Why are you even in this thread if you keep saying you have nothing to do with league? No rules are being changed on you (read: you didn't follow the rules), you guys just came in here and started shitting up the thread with your "LOLOLOLOL I CURBST0MP 5 RAND0M BADDIES WIT MY FRIENDS LOLOLOL IHL NOT RLY LOLOLOL." If you're not playing IHL games, then kindly get out.

Top Bottom