• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

SaberVulcan

Apparently my captain is banned from posting.

yfKfA.jpg

Epix

Why did I get kicked from a lobby? Granted....I'm not entirely sure how this whole IHL thing is supposed to work, but it's starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Artanisix

Boy, I have tried hard. But some players are better than me at the moment so imma try harder!!!

Keep tryin' and stop getting bugged :D

Why did I get kicked from a lobby? Granted....I'm not entirely sure how this whole IHL thing is supposed to work, but it's starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Sorry, you were kicked because someone in mumble told me to kick you. Said you were on the wrong team? I'm not sure what happened, was working on stuff and just listening to what people were saying.

Neki

you were sitting in a team spot when no one picked you and you also ignored repeated attempts of people telling you to move into a spec spot

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at things, I think you can only use the API for games that have spectators on? I know some of my private games just don't show up, and wonder if that is the reason.

Epix

you were sitting in a team spot when no one picked you and you also ignored repeated attempts of people telling you to move into a spec spot

I was also repeatedly ignored within the chat when attempting to try and play.

If the teams are premade based on some balancing statistic then great (I suggested this would be a good idea), just let me know and I'll play... BUT if this has turned into a "i'm going to sit here and wait until the exact people show up that I want on my team" then let me know and I'll just go back to playing regular games.

Neki

If the teams are premade based on some balancing statistic then great (I suggested this would be a good idea) BUT if this has turned into a "i'm going to sit here and wait until the exact people show up that I want on my team" then let me know and I'll just go back to playing regular games.

No one saw you say anything in chat, you most likely had the chat bug then.

Nanta

Banned
Looking at the player count, we have 159 total players. That's a LOT. Yeah people in different time zones means not everyone is on, but hopefully we will see 5 ihl games going on at once..or even more

If the teams are premade based on some balancing statistic then great (I suggested this would be a good idea), just let me know and I'll play... BUT if this has turned into a "i'm going to sit here and wait until the exact people show up that I want on my team" then let me know and I'll just go back to playing regular games.
I picked you as a fifth pick FYI(But ended up going with someone else cause you didnt sit after a minute or two), chat bug sucks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
why is CK always picked is he that good to be always picked?
- High STR growth
- High Base Damage
- Damage scaling from abilities
- One of the most powerful late game carry ults
- Stun that is overpowered 33% of the time
- Built in initiation
- Highest base movespeed after Luna

So there IS a chat bug. I was wondering what was going on. Finally a game shows up but since I can't see what team I'd be picked for, I wouldn't be able to get on one anyway!

Nanta

Banned
- High STR growth
- High Base Damage
- Damage scaling from abilities
- One of the most powerful late game carry ults
- Stun that is overpowered 33% of the time
- Built in initiation
- Highest base movespeed after Luna

Also add that his blink strike will give you a 100% guarantee of all your illusions hitting your target.

And add that his stun is instantaneous.

Haly

Nope, the stun is instant. Not dodgable. It has always been like that in Dota 1, and was fixed in Dota 2.

# Fixed being able to dodge Chaos Bolt
Oh I see, my mistake.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think his names Rumblebuffin guys.

no it is rumblemuffin.

sorry about the stream issues today, was kinda laggy and what not and was too tired to do another version of last night's espn gaf--bzm and pro did a good job covering my ass though.

Nanta

Banned
How they allowed 1.09 to play with pillow I have no idea.

Edit: you know what, I'm gonna just shut up about imbalanced teams. I don't care who's on who. I just want the gratification of winning.

Haly

Random stuff:

- If someone knows who yamibito is here, or are friends with them on Steam, could you confirm their GAF identity?

- Swift: That scoreboard you posted almost gave me eye cancer, dem ARTIFACTS.

- Again I'd like to ask people to not requote scoreboards.

Dina

Sometimes I wish I had more insight in the people I get grouped up with. Laning with a 0/8 huskar, Lone Druid who keeps farming jungle even though they just ganked him there 5 times and still refuses to ward, mid who feeds SS 12/2, throne in 20 minutes. So frustrating.

Nanta

Banned
Sometimes I wish I had more insight in the people I get grouped up with. Laning with a 0/8 huskar, Lone Druid who keeps farming jungle even though they just ganked him there 5 times and still refuses to ward, mid who feeds SS 12/2, throne in 20 minutes. So frustrating.
Laning with a huskar usually means you need a hero that requires some sort of disable. Also means that you are now the harassing, denying player while he last hits.

Players need to get over their heads that their l33t skills can handle any kind of lane.

Dina

Laning with a huskar usually means you need a hero that requires some sort of disable. Also means that you are now the harassing, denying player while he last hits.

Players need to get over their heads that their l33t skills can handle any kind of lane.

I was thinking the same, so I picked up Lion. But there's no helping a Huskar if he wants to dive headlong into Witch Doctor and Pugna.

edit: I'm not saying I could have saved the entire game, but I genuinely wonder the people I get grouped up with. I have 400 games under my belt and it's still amazing to me that some people do not grasp the simplest stuff. Map awareness and situation awareness are the most common mistakes people make, yet if you have played 400 games and mid SS is missing, you know that you have to be careful.

Nanta

Banned
I was thinking the same, so I picked up Lion. But there's no helping a Huskar if he wants to dive headlong into Witch Doctor and Pugna.

That second paragraph wasn't directed towards you btw, was at the Huskar player for picking..Huskar. We all want to have fun with fun heroes, and Huskar is fun to play, but to win? No.

F!ReW!Re

That second paragraph wasn't directed towards you btw, was at the Huskar player for picking..Huskar. We all want to have fun with fun heroes, and Huskar is fun to play, but to win? No.

So picking Huskar is not going to win you a game??

I think Dina answered it already:
Dina said:
It's still amazing to me that some people do not grasp the simplest stuff. Map awareness and situation awareness are the most common mistakes people make"

And I'm not saying I don't make stupid mistakes (I do it all the time).
But I was laning with some dude, who got killed 5 times within 10 minutes because he kept overextending and basically feeding the enemies carry.
Talk about hardheaded...

So all we all letting go of the spreadsheet or not?

Edit: I see that there no mumble instructions on the OP. Given the Chat bug incident we should encourage as many people as possible to join the mumble channel. They don't even need a mic as long as they can listen.

Neki

So all we all letting go of the spreadsheet or not?

Edit: I see that there no mumble instructions on the OP. Given the Chat bug incident we should encourage as many people as possible to join the mumble channel. They don't even need a mic as long as they can listen.

listen to all this bzm trashtalk yes.

Top Bottom