• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Tenck

Thanks for posting, SaberVulcan, and sorry I had to run out after the game. You should be really close to the highest ELO after this one.

I'm not sure who the Bounty player was. Bing Bing seemed to know, but neither would say when I asked in chat. Bing picked him first pick so it didn't affect my picks, so I didn't care.

Lol, I said like three times he's Meeru/From The Future with the courier avatar.

Low Tier
Hi I'm new. I would like to play IHL with some people :))
Just add me on steam if you're willing to help a new player out, or add me on skype, my skype name is Laura.BurkeyTurkey, but be sure to message me first so I know who you are :(

And I'd like to apologize for any losses I caused, but some of you guys are really good and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I guess its a whole learning experience haha. xoxo

Sanjay

I feel like it's the same group of dudes who end up in every game. Caps dick around for 15m in the lobby then pick their friends when they join. I've not been picked more times than I've played.

Meh.

We have actually been keeping a good rule that if you played last game you have to pick new blood for the next game so I guess you've just been very unlucky. A good thing to do is just man up and be Captain!

Lol, I said like three times he's Meeru/From The Future with the courier avatar.

Confused.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People

Except when I asked you "Is he really Meeru?" you and he said no. "He's Meeru" is a bit of a meme, so I'm sure you can imagine how going back and forth on it could make it seem like he probably isn't.

I feel like it's the same group of dudes who end up in every game. Caps dick around for 15m in the lobby then pick their friends when they join. I've not been picked more times than I've played.

Meh.

There definitely always seems to be one big game with more of the high tier players going on. I've never made it in one of those, but I've gotten in a few lower tier games. Picks still seem to take forever, but that's why I'm just going to start captaining whenever possible. I can at least look at elo numbers and pick that way, even if I'm not a great player or know the community well or anything. Thanks for putting up with my not-so-great play as a captain, but at least I can pick quickly.

Also, SaberVulcan, I believe this puts you in second behind Pillow, and just one and a half points ahead of Seig in third.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
We were joking since Alumnus didn't want to give out his name. I just called him Meeru to hide his true identity.

But I did say who he was about three times or so. Guess they didn't believe me.

From the Future isn't on the list. I was trying to figure out who he was on the list. Alumnus wasn't mentioned.

bzm

He doesn't "hide" it, it's been his steam name for a year now but yeah, we refer to him by his gaf name/hon name usually.

Just one of those thing.

his gaf name is fromthefuture
i dont think any of us have ever called him that

Artanisix

Uk6Ia.png

>_>

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So can we pull data from the IHL games or not? Should I start modifying the web app?
I think we can, you should PM Neckbeard and G-Unit, they are the ones working together on this.

delirium

I think we can, you should PM Neckbeard and G-Unit, they are the ones working together on this.

Well, technically I'm finished. Like it said, it was trivial to modify what I had for Dota 2. Its bare bones right now and some stuff from HoN isn't there (APM and wards) but its working.

Haly

Do you have the parser up and running as well? I think that's what was being worked on last. I'm not sure though, not really involved in the development of the WebApp.

PM me your email, I'll share what has been made so far on gdocs.

delirium

Do you have the parser up and running as well? I think that's what was being worked on last. I'm not sure though, not really involved in the development of the WebApp.

PM me your email, I'll share what has been made so far on gdocs.
Are you guys manually parsing XML/JSON or something?

I just created a POJO and allowed a 3rd party library to do all the work for me.

The only problem I have right now is that while each player has an account_id (different from SteamID), their names can change in Steam. I'm looking a way to convert from one to the other and then get their current name.

Haly

There should be a way to query list of alt names. Although on the actual stats page I'd rather have users referred to by their GAF names. If you can get a list of alt names and put them in their own field beside the GAF names that would be ace, though.
Are you guys manually parsing XML/JSON or something?
I think Neckbeard wrote the XML parser by hand, yeah.
I just created a POJO and allowed a 3rd party library to do all the work for me.
I have no idea what POJO is, this is beyond my noob programmer ass!

delirium

http://dotagaf.appspot.com/

Who wants to be a submitter? PM me your emails and I'll add you to the list of accounts that can submit game.

If you give me a list of matchIDs, I can populate it right now.

As for names, its just going to update whatever you use for your name every time to play. So if for one game you use "name1" and later you use "name2", it will just use the latest name to use.

Currently its exactly like the HonGAF version (except where different). Still might be buggy.

Haly

Going to sleep soon, tomorrow I'll compile every match ID to distribute among the submitters.

delirium

Well, Haly gave me a bunch of emails of which I added + Neki (you need to check your email). They now have admin rights.

Volodja

Meh.
I think the turnover is pretty good for a league like this (I'm used to initiatives such as this one being much more circlejerky since the very beginning), you'll obviously see a slight preference for the people they know but it is easier to create a balanced game when you know who you are dealing with.
Either way, usually when I'm online I try to get a second Lobby started if there isn't one already.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, for some reason, a few private games simply have no match ID, I am not sure why. We are going to need a way to manually enter matches though into what ever webapp is made, and need to make sure we take a picture for what ever games don't have a match ID at the end.

SamVimes

Turns out i can do this now so continuing from where i left:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40226222&postcount=625 no id
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40323643&postcount=914 no id

List updated to this post

(counting this one too)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Turns out i can do this now so continuing from where i left:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40226222&postcount=625 no id
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40323643&postcount=914 no id

List updated to this post

(counting this one too)

I didn't check them all but quite a few of these return an error if you try and pull the file. Just try entering a few here http://dota2.ikuu.net/xml/xml_reader.php?game_id=28580274 and you'll see it just gets errors.

Haly

Where some of these games password protected and others weren't?

Maybe private games = password protected.
Most of the games were password protected, it may have to do with whether spectators were turned on or off.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Hi there everyone. I'm new to NEOGAF and I'd love to join this IHL. It seems like a good place for casual players like me to play in a friendly welcoming environment. Put me up in mid-tier!

P.S.
How do you build Visage (Necrolic)? Is he a support player wherein you build mekan/hood? or.. do you build radiance & heart like a phantom lancer carry?

Hi there everyone. I'm new to NEOGAF and I'd love to join this IHL. It seems like a good place for casual players like me to play in a friendly welcoming environment. Put me up in mid-tier!

P.S.
How do you build Visage (Necrolic)? Is he a support player wherein you build mekan/hood? or.. do you build radiance & heart like a phantom lancer carry?

PFFFTTPTFFFPT. ohai, welcome aboard.

P.S.

Top Bottom