• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Artanisix

1CEIy.png

TALKING ABOUT BETAKEYS IS HIGHLY FROWNED UPON. Use the Key Begging Thread if you're looking for an invite.

Developer: Valve
Platform: PC
Genre: MOBA (Dota?) [same genre as League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth]
Where: Click here to be put into random drawing for access, click here to purchase for $29.99
Join: The "Neogaf" channel in-game to play with other Gaffers, the mumble server to talk to some of Dota GAF.
Warning: If you are new to this game, be careful – you WILL suck. This is not Team Fortress 2. The barrier to competence is long and frustrating. There’s a lot of information to absorb, a significant amount of it unintuitive. But we're here to help!
Updates: Updates to the game occur every Wednesday at approx. 5pm PST, patched to the Test Server. This is then patched over to the actual game on Thursday.

Tex5b.png

gZo9k.png

uMeUJ.png

The following list is only an approximation of what role each hero fulfills. Every hero can be played in a wide variety of ways. It's one of the biggest reasons that DOTA is an ever-evolving complex competitive machine.
If you are interested in learning how to play a hero, use the guide resource hub up above to look up what skills to level, what items to purchase, and what role to play.

HZ4NY.png

68nn0.png
DcIHo.png

8CHR0.png
PT881.png

z2eGK.png
J9jjv.png

sVJ5P.png
OSLnM.png

FQjkq.png
ezsge.png

7ogbJ.png

e2538.png
lGdXa.png

ADxsu.png
9z1Tt.png

lis9C.png

NKrqQ.png

DyCHB.png

z4JR2.png

VY6ea.png

iu1FY.png

~

WALL OF SHAME
|OT1|..............................................|OT2|
OjJV7.png
zLWBq.png

a1hxw.png

THE REIGN OF SNIPER STARTS TODAY

Wes

venison crêpe
New game starting now:

http://www.twitch.tv/dommynick

Archie v Vautrin

I'm firing up Dota 2 now to join.

Yeah, along with each game there should be a link to the summary page on http://stats.dota2.be/

Private games aren't recorded on there I believe. They're adding support for private games to a web api and eventually we'll have a webapp.

At the moment I think they're just trying to get games for people so we can get more accurate ELO rankings for players so that we can get more balanced teams sooner.

Gowans

Private games aren't recorded on there I believe. They're adding support for private games to a web api and eventually we'll have a webapp.

At the moment I think they're just trying to get games for people so we can get more accurate ELO rankings for players so that we can get more balanced teams sooner.

ah ok Wes, shame

dorkimoe

ill do my best to stream when astro cant. gotta get my shit working

also make sure you are in the Neogaf channel in dota2 for when we spam it with messages about IHL

harSon

Banned
I need to brush up my play, made way to many mistakes for my liking. Was fun playing with you guys though! Nice to have no leavers for once :p

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Said on stream, reiterating here:

PW to IHL games will be neogaf. Gaffers or friends of gaffers only.

When there's a lot of specs, please drop out of the lobby if you ahven't be drafted and watch the stream.

You don't have to be playing in the "featured" IHL lobby that's being streamed. Anyone can make a game and draft. Gaffers only, registered or not. Just post a ss of the final scoreboard and the neogaf names of those players if they differ from those visible. We will update as much as possible.

Uriah

I played 2 games yesterday in the IHL and my stats haven't been updated yet, but it looks like others who played with me have had their stats updated.

LukeSmith

I know this sort of went badly before in HoN (I've heard about swindles galore with this), but it might be helpful for people to self-ascribe their own Tier (GAF relative, not relative to Na'Vi) and include that in the spreadsheet.

I know the IHL would probably feel more welcoming to newer players if they had some folks they thought they could pull from, rather than a repeat of the "bag of shit" incident for Team 1.09 last night.

I have to test my internet here with Dota 2, if it works fine I would like to join a couple games.

Anyone play Dota with 1mb connection?

Gritesh

I'm very grateful for the casting of these ihl games.

Providing me entertainment during hours when I should be working instead of thinking about dota

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I'd like to sign up for this too, please.

Steam ID: KyouG (it has an old Space Marine pic from Space Hulk)

Been playing against bots with a friend.

Detox

I apologise to my team for quite possibly the worst picks ever, I got spirit breaker (time was running out and it was closest to my mouse should have let it random).

Bans:

The player's names on GAF are:

Detox - Detox
Volodja - Volodja
Applejack's Hat- Sarcastic Response
Anitaki - Smashkirby
throwawayname - pnn
tsunami - tsunami643
Airan - Airan
complex_shadow[sunny] - Complex Shadow
Four Bit Thug - Cleofis (awaiting activation)
thedoombass - thedoombass

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I really wish I was good at this game, or could stop playing Battlefield long enough to actually get good at this game.

Volodja

I really wish I was good at this game, or could stop playing Battlefield long enough to actually get good at this game.
You don't really need to be, in theory this system is in place so that people that are pretty new at the game can find a place to play with others without the games resulting unbalanced.
Granted, it needs some time to get going.

Artanisix

Thanks a ton Detox, your post really helped make it easy to update the spreadsheet.

Keep it up guys, remember that you do not have to be in the streamed IHL for your game to count.

Top Bottom