• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

I set up a in house announcement for 9:30 PM EST on the gaf dota 2 community thing.

Are we going to eventually have tournament brackets?

Tobe

so how is the level, i mean i know all the basics and kinda good footsies but i dont know how to gank and that stuff im pretty average at most, so can i play?

dommynick

In response to the people asking for a delay: I'm looking into it, not really finding any easy ways to do it though. XSplit only has the delay server for premium license holders, frankly I don't want to dole out for it. Twitch only has a delay feature for partner streamers, which I am not, nor am looking to be. If anyone knows of any ways to implement a delay that's not a total pain in the ass, I'll be up for it. Otherwise I may start casting games using DotaTV as opposed to being in the actual game itself for the 2 minute delay. I'm also kind of adverse to having a delay altogether, I like being able to communicate with the viewers in real time, so I may go with the DotaTV option if the players really want a delay implemented.

Ferny

In response to the people asking for a delay: I'm looking into it, not really finding any easy ways to do it though. XSplit only has the delay server for premium license holders, frankly I don't want to dole out for it. Twitch only has a delay feature for partner streamers, which I am not, nor am looking to be. If anyone knows of any ways to implement a delay that's not a total pain in the ass, I'll be up for it. Otherwise I may start casting games using DotaTV as opposed to being in the actual game itself for the 2 minute delay. I'm also kind of adverse to having a delay altogether, I like being able to communicate with the viewers in real time, so I may go with the DotaTV option if the players really want a delay implemented.

With xsplit it would have to be with that premium feature but I say the Dota TV thing would work out better since it has the delay built in.

Neki

guys let's not go afk if you're speccing.

if you're going to spec, you need to be there to see if you load, and if you don't load, you'll need to leave.

Nanta

Banned
Otherwise I may start casting games using DotaTV as opposed to being in the actual game itself for the 2 minute delay. I'm also kind of adverse to having a delay altogether, I like being able to communicate with the viewers in real time, so I may go with the DotaTV option if the players really want a delay implemented.

Can you also look into increasing the resolution? Especially the mobile, it currently only lists 226p. 720p would be nice.

Artanisix

GUYS please post your screenshots, I mean I'll put it in the spreadsheet here and there if I'm in the game but I might forget. Make sure you post them

The spreadsheet is wrong on my name. My ID isn't Marxxism, its Hercules Molecular. Marxxism is just the link that goes to my profile.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So are we going to set up a tourney eventually with our own teams? Because that would be sweet.

We could for a one or two day thing for fun, but this was how our first HoNgaf ihl was structured and what ended up happening was no team would be able to field 5, ever...

However, we have A LOT more people in dota 2 gaf, so splitting people up into like 4-5 teams with 10-15 players on each might be fun for a one day tourney outside of IHL.

Sibylus

Banned
Watched the VOD of the salttacular.

- Luke feeding the casters some hilarious nonsense about Syllabear being my signature hero. You braaat.

- Woo the pause and me forgetting my precarious footing in between the T1 and T2s. Must learn to (re)mind my surroundings at those kinds of junctures.

- Some helpful critique on the trilane positioning of myself and the Tide, was way too passive on Rubick. Was fairly tense and trying not to feed first blood or the like, though after the two trilane kills and the pause it went too far into the other end of the spectrum. Those sorts of errors compounded such that I was underleveled and couldn't really get things I needed (I would have been pretty happy to have had Arcane Boots and a Eul's Scepter [was hoping to disjoint Lich's Chain Frost with this and get some good mana regen], but between the deaths and the wards, it wasn't happening). Probably some things to work on in downtime as well, though in that particular game I was seeing phantom Bounty Hunters behind every tree when I was wanting to ward or go zap jungle creeps or the like.

bzm

Watched the VOD of the salttacular.

- Luke feeding the casters some hilarious nonsense about Syllabear being my signature hero. You braaat.

- Woo the pause and me forgetting my precarious footing in between the T1 and T2s. Must learn to (re)mind my surroundings at those kinds of junctures.

- Some helpful critique on the trilane positioning of myself and the Tide, was way too passive on Rubick. Was fairly tense and trying not to feed first blood or the like, though after the two trilane kills and the pause it went too far into the other end of the spectrum. Those sorts of errors compounded such that I was underleveled and couldn't really get things I needed (I would have been pretty happy to have had Arcane Boots and a Eul's Scepter [was hoping to disjoint Lich's Chain Frost with this and get some good mana regen], but between the deaths and the wards, it wasn't happening). Probably some things to work on in downtime as well, though in that particular game I was seeing phantom Bounty Hunters behind every tree when I was wanting to ward or go zap jungle creeps or the like.

This is one of the reasons I hate to see gaf try to trilane. You have to know exactly what your heroes and theirs do, and you have to have confidence in order to play your hero up in their face without overstepping your limits and feeding. You cannot win a trilane by just sitting around, leeching xp, being passive, and generally doing nothing.

Volodja

Another Result

Bans:

1F27B46E40E32EBD458BAEC553DF30A82E52974C
Results:

The names on GAF are:

the doombass - the doombass
G.Newell - G.Newell
Volodja - Volodja
kneePat - kneePat
Anitaki - Smashkirby
tsunami - tsunami643
throwawayname - pnn
Japanator - Snack
Detox - Detix
Airan - Airan

Capitains
Radiant - the doombass
Dire - tsunami

Sibylus

Banned
This is one of the reasons I hate to see gaf try to trilane. You have to know exactly what your heroes and theirs do, and you have to have confidence in order to play your hero up in their face without overstepping your limits and feeding. You cannot win a trilane by just sitting around, leeching xp, being passive, and generally doing nothing.
Also definitely something to be said for running a trilane with players one may or may not have much experience playing with. We scraped together two kills, but they felt more reactive than the lane seizing an aggressive footing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
what happened to the otter
Upgraded to naked incest cat.
I told you about Broodmother Haly.

I fucking told you.

Listen to me next time, since when does Thor make good calls >_>

On another note, we need Intermediate Lobbies.
Guesong, not to get too salty on you but if you and kag were on the ball we would've won that lane.

q_q

We could for a one or two day thing for fun, but this was how our first HoNgaf ihl was structured and what ended up happening was no team would be able to field 5, ever...

However, we have A LOT more people in dota 2 gaf, so splitting people up into like 4-5 teams with 10-15 players on each might be fun for a one day tourney outside of IHL.

You get much more games with this style than going for set teams.

I dig what you guys are saying. Difficult to get all five players together at the right time for games and everything. Just think it would be a cool thing to try out. I like this format as well though.

harSon

Banned
I'm sorry for that guys. I don't know what's wrong with my internet, it's even taking forever to load web pages :/

harSon

Banned
I'm not sure I like the IHL being so akin to competitive Dota play (ie. draft, emphasis on strats, etc.), but I'm probably alone in that assessment. I was expecting something more like TDA (for old schoolers), IHL or Cash, the way it is now is sort of overtly bloated and overdrawn.

Anyways, I really need to brush up on my Dota knowledge. My competitive knowledge ends in 04/05... Back then we didn't sacrifice entire heroes early game farming by giving him harass/deny and don't farm duty... We just did all of it at the same time, while giving priority to one hero.

I suppose I'll adapt.

Top Bottom