• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

I cant see the shopkeeper's quiz or any ads since the update when searching for normal games
SLx19c3.gif

Hylian7

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm going to keep an eye out on the shirt to see if it goes on sale again, I think that's the only thing that will make the price tank further. Figure after a few weeks the supply will be limited again and hopefully climb a bit.

If icefraud actually buffed windwaifu maybe I could sell this thing earlier. oh well, steam sales don't come around for a month and a half anyhows.

AXE GOES!
I may just end up selling my Gravelmaw at a $50-$60 loss on steam market. II almost had a deal yesterday from dota2lounge trading it with a guy for two dragonclaw hooks. He wanted me to get a friend as a middle man and asked if my stuff was safe. He told me to give my friend the gravelmaw and my DC hook, then my friend tried to trade him and the guy was trade banned. I told him "nice trade ban, fuck off" and blocked him.

I'm glad it didn't proceed any further, but if it did I would have stopped it. It would have probably been "trade both things to my middle man, K BYE THX 4 ITEMS!"

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It was a short lived patch, but it was fun. GG will draft deathball once again.

Shaman, Razor, DP, Lycan here I come.

Well it's a good thing:
-total tower bounties got reduced by around 50%
-Shaman, Razor, DP, and Lycan were all nerfed
-Mek was nerfed
-Teams were given 3 free glyphs
-tier 2 towers were buffed

And like kirby said, if you're ahead, you're still getting less xp and gold than you did before (in 6.81). Also, the xp comeback is still pretty damn significant compared to 6.81. If deathball is still an issue, the problem heroes will be addressed as always.

Ketch

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm going to keep an eye out on the shirt to see if it goes on sale again, I think that's the only thing that will make the price tank further. Figure after a few weeks the supply will be limited again and hopefully climb a bit.

If icefraud actually buffed windwaifu maybe I could sell this thing earlier. oh well, steam sales don't come around for a month and a half anyhows.

AXE GOES!

6.83, double helix becomes an active ability costing 25 mana with 1 second cooldown.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really, the big thing now is that heroes and items are going to need a lot of tweaking in the coming months to adjust for the fact that its harder to keep a gold lead. Meepo, Doom, Alch, and Bounty Hunter all took a huge hit since part of their heroes revolved around getting a lead in gold/xp.

Wish the star ladder casters would click on the fight recap button more, would really like to how much gold changed hands after these fights.

edit: I have a horrible idea.
- Meepo: Now has a max level of 30.

inkls

In retrospective I think the true pocket strat at ti4 was picking dp. Pretty much everyone expected skywrath and void to be picked up. Dp was picked a few times, but I think the only team that was constant in picking her was Newbee.

Also I might be missing some information but I find it pretty funny it took almost a year after 6.79 for people to realise Dp was not just a pubstomper and was competitively legit and all she got between that and 6.81 was a nerf to her ult cd.

Come to think of it, what were picks or builds that pros popularized? Not talking about stuff that was already popular beforehand like blademail + null np. All I can think of is Void offlane.

Well it's a good thing:
- Shaman, Razor, DP, and Lycan were all nerfed
-Mek was nerfed

And like kirby said, if you're ahead, you're still getting less xp and gold than you did before (in 6.81). Also, the xp comeback is still pretty damn significant compared to 6.81. If deathball is still an issue, the problem heroes will be addressed as always.

it wasn't a serious post. Poking fun at the jumping to conclusion posts in Reddit.

I just hate reddit whining from both sides. Pros were(still?) equally whining.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I do enjoy watching Kompas play, hope they stay together for a while.

Also, I'm fine with H4nn1 leaving, if only since I felt like he was the one who threw Era under the bus before TI4 (Since his name was signed to the emails saying Era had mental issues)

Quesa

14 hours until Shadow of Mordor unlocks

HOLLA

Steam doesn't unlock it until noon tomorrow in my timezone

SO MAD

In other news, spectre still holding strong at 60% winrate and omni at 63%. Looks like it wasn't really the gold/xp changes that catapulted these heroes to the top, but rather all of the other changes piled on top of that.

Spectre's always been a monster who simply had to find farm. Gold swings and buffed dagger make it easier to find gold and keep it. And omni's always been good in my eyes but helping people to not die prevents gold swings from turning in the enemy's favor.

Of course, this could all be logic based on circumstantial evidence (i.e., these characters are good now so let's use hindsight to highlight why that might be)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
In other news, spectre still holding strong at 60% winrate and omni at 63%. Looks like it wasn't really the gold/xp changes that catapulted these heroes to the top, but rather all of the other changes piled on top of that.

Hylian7

What exactly put Spectre up there though? Not too much was changed on her.

Double rune thing almost makes a bottle mandatory on at least two players.

Control the map and get sustain.

Beat Ember for all-hero.. He's fun but probably has the worst hit sound in the game

Side note.. Tusk + Jakiro is a murderous teamfight combo.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What exactly put Spectre up there though? Not too much was changed on her.

Probably just all of the nerfs to the top tier heroes on top of the nerfs to deathball/push. Slowing down the game with free glyphs, the increased cost on mek, etc... it all benefits her as one of the hardest carries in the game, if not arguably the hardest. On top of that, she's very strong early and in the mid-game (unlike say, Medusa). Dota changes in mysterious ways when there are a lot of changes, indirect buffs/nerfs all around that people don't really expect.

Aaaand no one was saying that.

My post awhile back was directed at all the people here and on reddit hiding behind the "icefrog knows best" as their primary argument, rather than you know, an actual argument. So if you threw out "icefrog knows best, I'm sure he's tested this for months and will fix the system if it's broke," you gotta be consistent, can't turn around and start crying about "le reddit ruined icefrog and valve, he was peer pressured into fixing the steaming pile of shit that he didn't want to!!!!"

New numbers are great. Comebacks still possible (as they always were), still more gold than 6.81, but no more -em mode or crazy xp swings in games where you double up on kills.
anbokr its k we still <3 u
great now i feel like a scumbag picking them in the giant bomb thing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I guess it must simply be the systematic nerf to death ball. Spectre is a great late game hero, but she has to be the shitest melee hard carry in the early game. Spectre did fall 2% with the last change to the gold though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I guess it must simply be the systematic nerf to death ball. Spectre is a great late game hero, but she has to be the shitest melee hard carry in the early game.

I don't know man, laning stage? Yeah, probably. But after the laning stage, near the end of the early game when she picks up phase ---> drums or vanguard, she becomes a monster in her own right (if skilled properly). This allows her to pretty much afk farm and still clean up fights with her ulti to quickly snowball into her radiance.

Artanisix

Well it's a good thing:
-Shaman, Razor, DP, and Lycan were all nerfed
-Mek was nerfed

Good thing ganking strats are more viable than ever with the new changes. Oh wait they get even less gold when they're ahead and they can't take objectives nearly as well.

Good thing deathball requires only a certain five heroes. O wait it doesn't, looks like you'll have to nerf 20% of the hero pool. Good thing mek was nerfed, oh wait crimson guard is in the game now

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Good thing ganking strats are more viable than ever with the new changes. Oh wait they get even less gold when they're ahead and they can't take objectives nearly as well.

Good thing deathball requires only a certain five heroes. O wait it doesn't, looks like you'll have to nerf 20% of the hero pool. Good thing mek was nerfed, oh wait crimson guard is in the game now

Yo I know you think deathball is back for good, but I mean, like you said at the beginning of this patch, just give it some time, and let's wait and see. The fnatic vs kpg game that was just played isn't really the shining example of competitive dota, but there wasn't any deathball to be found with storm and qop running around, constant fights, and a pretty close game until the end.

Let's see how things shake up at ESL and the like. If you're proven correct and deathball is still prevalent, it will be nerfed again.

Balancing is a hard issue, I'd rather icefraud focus on heroes now for the next few patches then touching anything in general. Tweak stuff like lone druid's demolish until it sits comfortable, right now any pushers that were rarely picked last patch are pretty much dead in the water.

Acinixys

Yo I know you think deathball is back for good, but I mean, like you said at the beginning of this patch, just give it some time, and let's wait and see. The fnatic vs kpg game that was just played isn't really the shining example of competitive dota, but there wasn't any deathball to be found with storm and qop running around, constant fights, and a pretty close game until the end.

Let's see how things shake up at ESL and the like. If you're proven correct and deathball is still prevalent, it will be nerfed again.

Glyph extended by 4 secs

All towers get +10 armor

EVERY time a tower falls glyph refreshes

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Glyph extended by 4 secs

All towers get +10 armor

EVERY time a tower falls glyph refreshes

6.82c
-towers now deal 1000 damage with a 4.0 BAT

-towers renamed to tanks

-tower models updated, now look like tanks
-dota2 setting is now call of duty

-glyph has been changed to "nuclear bomb": 5 min CD, after a 2s delay, deal 99,999 damage to all heroes (allied and enemy) within 2000 radius of the selected tower, for 5 minutes after nuclear bomb, the area around the tower will deal 100 damage per second to all heroes, allied and enemy.

shira

pinoy trash team beat Titan WITH mushi for final starladder spot. mushi stepping down from titan. WTF is going here.

pinoys prolly not getting visas, but that is crazy fucked up

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"15,0000000'ssss neeeetww-- o nvm that's xp"

fukkin zyori

also 2 big teamfights, 25k xp swing and 10k gold swing, rip comeback mechanics amirite?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Fucking zyori still blaming a great fnatic comeback where they won 3-4 fights in a row on the "rubberband." These casters need to fucking stop, winning big fights back to back to back to back and forcing buybacks from the enemy cores would have won you games in past patches as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom