• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

The Summit was probably my favorite Dota event of the year so I'm definitely in. But the video says online qualifiers have already started?

E: Ah guess the dates on the video might just be off. Quals start Friday it would seem. Cool that there will be a chest to support the tournament as well. Also nice to see Summit 3 & 4 confirmed and mostly dated lol.

xanavi

Cool, 28% packet loss on both sides of this game I'm playing. What ever happened to dota detecting poor network conditions?

Ketch

Anyone got experience with selling a full inventory?
(Real money would be ideal, keys 2nd best)

I'm leaving for a multi-year backpacking trip through China, North+South Korea, Tibet, Nepal, Southeast Asia and Australia. So I won't be playing a lot of dota and am looking to sell my full inventory.

Any tips, tricks, links, experiences, advice?

Cheers!

I wouldn't sell for keys. Keys are going away.

shira

summit was my favorite LAN event so I will be buying the compendium this time.

IDK why they don't have the finals at a bigger venue so fans can watch.

Anyone got experience with selling a full inventory?
(Real money would be ideal, keys 2nd best)

I'm leaving for a multi-year backpacking trip through China, North+South Korea, Tibet, Nepal, Southeast Asia and Australia. So I won't be playing a lot of dota and am looking to sell my full inventory.

Any tips, tricks, links, experiences, advice?

Cheers!
If it's worth hundreds to thousands of dollars - find a steamrep middleman and sell it to them. They will probably give you a terrible below market rate, but they all have disposable income and are the most trustworthy people you can find.
It's fast and efficient.

Otherwise you are looking at selling each piece one by one on the market or with buyers.

F!ReW!Re

I wouldn't sell for keys. Keys are going away.

Thanks for the advice! Haven't touched dota since just before the last International so it seems real money is the way to go then!

IDK why they don't have the finals at a bigger venue so fans can watch.

If it's worth hundreds to thousands of dollars - find a steamrep middleman and sell it to them. They will probably give you a terrible below market rate, but they all have disposable income and are the most trustworthy people you can find.
It's fast and efficient.

Otherwise you are looking at selling each piece one by one on the market or with buyers.

Great advice! I'll look into contacting one of those guys!
Thanks!

Re: Summit 2

1. That courier is amazing. I will have it and stop my shuffle and just run that.

2. They learned from Dreamleague (or Valve forced them) to have all their stretch goals seen right now. That's good!

3. Chest and sets are awesome and goes towards the prize pool, also neat.

4. Summit 3 and 4 dates are announced right now as well, thank god. We need to know this stuff a long time out. We should know TI5 date right now.

5. I will have that PA hair. And that venge set.

6. The secret guest is Pyrion right?

7. I'm excited.

Ketch

Guys... Only one more sleep until Super Smash Bros. We need to have a group of DotaGAF play sometime.

I fucking invite people to play all the time, nobody ever replies. Forever alone.

cry.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Summit 3 and 4 dates are announced right now as well, thank god. We need to know this stuff a long time out. We should know TI5 date right now.
We sort of do, Valve emailed most tournament orginzations a 1 month window its going in. I think it was Mid July to Mid August 2015.

Matt, can you get me into the Summit 3 Lan Finals.

Chris R

Re: Summit 2

1. That courier is amazing. I will have it and stop my shuffle and just run that.

2. They learned from Dreamleague (or Valve forced them) to have all their stretch goals seen right now. That's good!

3. Chest and sets are awesome and goes towards the prize pool, also neat.

4. Summit 3 and 4 dates are announced right now as well, thank god. We need to know this stuff a long time out. We should know TI5 date right now.

5. I will have that PA hair. And that venge set.

6. The secret guest is Pyrion right?

7. I'm excited.

You forgot the best thing.

Games being played while I'm not sleeping! NA tourney BEST tourney

Kade

By get bodied, you mean you, but yes. You getting the download version tomorrow night?

D-Pad isn't good for smash anyway, you need analog for it.

It's horrible for Smash but I would rather use it than the circle pad. I'm scared that all my years as a dirty C-Sticker are going to translate to a broken circle pad.

Madouu

Summit ticket seems like good value especially since it is the first event that will take place completely after the new patch. By December, the teams will have probably figured out the new viable strategies, and the new lineups formed right after TI will have had enough time to practice together. I'm expecting a really good tournament and will definitely be picking up the ticket. BTS timed the announcement really well in my opinion.

Hylian7

That is pretty impressive actually, was expecting 30 fps.

When I played the demo at Best Buy back in E3, that was easily the most astonishing thing about it. Downloading the demo that came out a few weeks ago, it still blows me away.

My FC is 4940 - 5427 - 6392

I'm adding everyone that posted theirs on this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom