• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

Can you pick up MKB on brew? does the fire panda get true strike?

Went godlike in mid vs medusa but lost game to PA because no true strike... I mean I should have gone to gank her I guess, but she was getting killed by legion and skywrath up top anyway. Then she just disappears into the jungle for 5 minutes and comes out with bkb to win the game.

lol that game, triple mek too stronk.

I don't think true strike on panda would help that much to be honest, a sheepstick is probably way better, you'd probably be able to burst down the pa as long as you tornado the abaddon, but what do I know I'm no expert on that hero.

what is happening

game 3 will start in a bit

shira

new meta
2B1JK8N.png

Ketch

lol that game, triple mek too stronk.

I don't think true strike on panda would help that much to be honest, a sheepstick is probably way better, you'd probably be able to burst down the pa as long as you tornado the abaddon, but what do I know I'm no expert on that hero.

game 3 will start in a bit

Did you look up my dotabuff?

sixghost

Can you pick up MKB on brew? does the fire panda get true strike?

Went godlike in mid vs medusa but lost game to PA because no true strike... I mean I should have gone to gank her I guess, but she was getting killed by legion and skywrath up top anyway. Then she just disappears into the jungle for 5 minutes and comes out with bkb to win the game.

Your team shouldn't be relying on the brew to deal with a medusa/pa late game. You can build panda to go late game by stacking armor auras with a basher or something, but you're never going to be maning up to 6 slotted hard caries.

Madouu

The Beyond the Summit Z team is starting to turn into the MLB Playoffs on TBS level of announcers.

Translation: They are not good.

It's hard to find people that are both talented and dedicated when it comes to casting, it's usually one or the other. It's not a very rewarding occupation to say the least.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's hard to find people that are both talented and dedicated when it comes to casting, it's usually one or the other. It's not a very rewarding occupation to say the least.

Not only that, but on a notice of like 15 minutes.

sixghost

I think most casters would improve dramatically if they just relaxed and stopped trying to hype every little thing up like it's the play.

Lotto

Alright, I only watched the beginning where it went like 0-9 in favor of LGD, I come back and C9 wins, what the hell

I guess TB really is the ideal EE hero

needs a whole team to make him space, doesn't matter if he feeds or makes bad decisions in team fights, is anime as fuck

shira

You see, it was piediedie's plan all along to feed the enemy team all those kills for a better 6.82 swing.

rtz:i mean this is what happens when lgd just uses smokes on pieliedie who just feeds every game anyway instead of the tb

TB really earning that first ban status.

So fucking arrogant that they didn't ban him in the 3rd game. Did they think it was luck the 1st time?

Not only that, but on a notice of like 15 minutes.

These are fair points.

I think most casters would improve dramatically if they just relaxed and stopped trying to hype every little thing up like it's the play.

I sometimes wonder if any of them have ever watched a good pro sports broadcaster. These guys are often like a bad cross between Joe Buck and Gus Johnson, where they try to make everything too exciting or try to fill lulls with mundane nonsense.

Maybe some day we will have the Vin Scully of DotA2, but that day is not today.

Acinixys

The Summit was probably my favorite Dota event of the year so I'm definitely in. But the video says online qualifiers have already started?

E: Ah guess the dates on the video might just be off. Quals start Friday it would seem. Cool that there will be a chest to support the tournament as well. Also nice to see Summit 3 & 4 confirmed and mostly dated lol.

I was like yaaaaaaaaaay but then i realized that Zyori will be casting a shit load of games and then i was like booooooooooooo

These are fair points.

I sometimes wonder if any of them have ever watched a good pro sports broadcaster. These guys are often like a bad cross between Joe Buck and Gus Johnson, where they try to make everything too exciting or try to fill lulls with mundane nonsense.

Maybe some day we will have the Vin Scully of DotA2, but that day is not today.

That's why Tasteless and Artosis are still the best casters in esports, because they're perfectly happy to just shoot the shit or leave large spaces of silence when there isn't anything worth mentioning or saying. I think people are way too self-conscious about being boring or giving a bad impression of the player/match/game so they talk way too much and way too incoherently.

The worst is when they just describe what's happening on screen (usually because they don't have enough insight for analysis), and it happens a lot especially with bad DOTA and FGC commentators. Bro, this ain't radio, I have eyes.

JC Sera

Hey are there WR players in here? I've been trying her out after a while and I think I finally have the hang of her, but any tips are appreciated. Also 6.82 bottle cured most of my mana problems I used to have with her
Emoticon_smile.gif

TB is one of the easiest heroes to come back on. Sunder can ruin ganks and his illusions make him one of them top 3 farmers in the game regardless of how the game goes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really wish more people knew how to read the score in-game by the yellow bars under the kill totals so they could stop asking in twitch chat. The information could definitely be presented a little better. The bars don't sufficiently allow for best of 2s, 5s, etc. I still feel like an awareness campaign about this might be in order.

Mohasus

I always thought they were joking when asking. Anyway, dumb lone druid didn't turn radiance off, so it kept damaging viper and couldn't return the bear.

Eldon

I really wish more people knew how to read the score in-game by the yellow bars under the kill totals so they could stop asking in twitch chat. The information could definitely be presented a little better. The bars don't sufficiently allow for best of 2s, 5s, etc. I still feel like an awareness campaign about this might be in order.
No,they're trolls. Asking the results of previous games is a meme.

Wok

Playing Witch Doctor and making Faceless Void ragequit twice (he came back for a revenge after the first ragequit): priceless.

Winning a one-hour long game against FV: even more priceless.

I don't know how to play the next heroes in the challenge. I know what to build (battlefury, daedalus for Ember, blademail for Clock), but I don't know how to use their skills in the most broken way.

Acinixys

I don't know how to play the next heroes in the challenge. I know what to build (battlefury, daedalus for Ember, blademail for Clock), but I don't know how to use their skills in the most broken way.

Maybe I just suck but Ember is fucking hard to win with

Even with 2x BF and 2x Daedelus and 1x Rapier i still cant win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom