• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

moggio

Banned
I do think Purge needs to quit professional Dota for his health if anything. Guy looks knackered. I want to give him a hug.

JC Sera

I do think Purge needs to quit professional Dota for his health if anything. Guy looks knackered. I want to give him a hug.
I think it would be really cool if other tournaments picked him up for a noob stream again. I felt he really shined at TI4 with that. More hugs for Purge.

Wok

Maybe I just suck but Ember is fucking hard to win with

Even with 2x BF and 2x Daedelus and 1x Rapier i still cant win

It is because it is 3 battlefurys before daedalus.

mgL4BXV.png

I still have 3 heroes with 100% winrate. Nice.

Haunted

get on my level

q8votVB.jpg

I have no intention of playing any of these again, but the fucking all hero challenge will probably make me do it (now that I got past Chen thanks to a ridiculously fed Riki carrying us).

Nharox

Neo Member
Hey are there WR players in here? I've been trying her out after a while and I think I finally have the hang of her, but any tips are appreciated. Also 6.82 bottle cured most of my mana problems I used to have with her
Emoticon_smile.gif

Windrunner is my most played hero and I'm trying out a new build lately. I won my last 5 games with her going Tranqil > Soul Ring > Force > Maelstrom. Also buying wards now and then and a stick (depending on their heroes). After that you can get Mjollnir, Agha, Blink or Hex.

It works really well at ~4.7k MMR.

Wok

get on my level

I have no intention of playing any of these again, but the fucking all hero challenge will probably make me do it (now that I got past Chen thanks to a ridiculously fed Riki carrying us).

I am impressed by the Meepo performance.

Maybe I just suck but Ember is fucking hard to win with

Even with 2x BF and 2x Daedelus and 1x Rapier i still cant win

See: 3 battlefurys or a loss.

iM83y4p.png

G.ZZZ

Another game, another Zeus Booster. At least now i always get BS in response if they are in my team, so we win but what the hell with all those TBD accounts jesus.

G.ZZZ

Void and Doom not disabling passives feels so right damn. Not anymore does PA sucks against them, or Huskar (well huskar sucks by himself).

bbd23

so twitch has been really weird for me lately. now the site isn't even loading on my desktop but it works on my laptop...help?
SLx19c3.gif

The Beyond the Summit Z team is starting to turn into the MLB Playoffs on TBS level of announcers.

Translation: They are not good.
Unless things change we are not going to get a new pool of casters coming through any time soon.

Hopefully Valve update their video policy soon in regards to Dota TV tickets so people like JoinDOTA stop DMCAing new casters.

Ketch

Your team shouldn't be relying on the brew to deal with a medusa/pa late game. You can build panda to go late game by stacking armor auras with a basher or something, but you're never going to be maning up to 6 slotted hard caries.

Yea. I know. But my team did not agree... and nobody bought mkb. or even tried. Legion went armlet hyper stone. Tiny went blink point booster. I had enough gold, I probably could have gotten mkb instead of aghs and killed the PA with one or two crits before she got 25 kills.

So the fire panda probably doesn't get the true strike from MKB then?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Unless things change we are not going to get a new pool of casters coming through any time soon.

Hopefully Valve update their video policy soon in regards to Dota TV tickets so people like JoinDOTA stop DMCAing new casters.
Doesn't joindota cast a really small set of tournaments now? Most things I see are by BTS. Or are all the big casting houses doing it? I know if star ladder did it then you are fucked.

Zeth

I feel like caster orgs using DMCAs to strongarm amateur casters is exactly how the system should not be used.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I feel like caster orgs using DMCAs to strongarm amateur casters is exactly how the system should not be used.

Yep, it's completely and utterly stupid too, since Valve owns the content that they are broadcasting.

Glad to finally see lycan go unpicked/unbanned in the Alliance series, and then looks like VG put the final nail in the coffin (hopefully) by crushing iG lycan. End of an era, I for one welcome our new illusion overlords.

Raytow

Glad to finally see lycan go unpicked/unbanned in the Alliance series, and then looks like VG put the final nail in the coffin (hopefully) by crushing iG lycan. End of an era, I for one welcome our new illusion overlords.
Next patch: Lycan has illusions.

Zeknurn

Doesn't joindota cast a really small set of tournaments now? Most things I see are by BTS. Or are all the big casting houses doing it? I know if star ladder did it then you are fucked.

This. BTS has exclusive rights to most of the high profile tournaments now so it's up to them if new casters should get a chance.

Mordeccai

I think it's time for me to say goodbye to dota. I just dont have any fun with this game anymore. Played Mordor for a few days, found it's much more relaxing and a better use of my time to play single player games where I'm not raging or being flamed. On top of that, I'm on a six loss streak, just lost my first game ever with centaur, got owned as a viper (didnt think was possible), and when I played silencer I got ultimately shat on. Feels like I'm just getting worse at this game.

Dota is just too punishing. 1700 hours later, and I'm uninstalling for the foreseeable future. I'm finding that anymore, I want to have fun when I play games, and not be pressured to make plays, farm, what ever my 'role' is.

I mean in my game as viper, I call mid, then this spanish speaker last picks pudge, spams JAJAJAJA, and sits in my mid lane missing every hook. I have no control over something like that.

I'll probably pop back in when ever they release the major update they have planned next year, but until then fuck this. It's been real.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Playing Witch Doctor and making Faceless Void ragequit twice (he came back for a revenge after the first ragequit): priceless.

Winning a one-hour long game against FV: even more priceless.

I don't know how to play the next heroes in the challenge. I know what to build (battlefury, daedalus for Ember, blademail for Clock), but I don't know how to use their skills in the most broken way.

I like phase >Bottle>Blademail>Aghs for clock. Just get 6 in the offlane and go gank all over the world. Hell, you can probably solo kill a support in the offlane if their positioning is bad. Most fun hero in dota.

manfestival

I think it's time for me to say goodbye to dota. I just dont have any fun with this game anymore. Played Mordor for a few days, found it's much more relaxing and a better use of my time to play single player games where I'm not raging or being flamed. On top of that, I'm on a six loss streak, just lost my first game ever with centaur, got owned as a viper (didnt think was possible), and when I played silencer I got ultimately shat on. Feels like I'm just getting worse at this game.

Dota is just too punishing. 1700 hours later, and I'm uninstalling for the foreseeable future. I'm finding that anymore, I want to have fun when I play games, and not be pressured to make plays, farm, what ever my 'role' is.

I mean in my game as viper, I call mid, then this spanish speaker last picks pudge, spams JAJAJAJA, and sits in my mid lane missing every hook. I have no control over something like that.

I'll probably pop back in when ever they release the major update they have planned next year, but until then fuck this. It's been real.
diretide is literally right around the corner... dont go bro... come back

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This. BTS has exclusive rights to most of the high profile tournaments now so it's up to them if new casters should get a chance.

I think LD came out and said BTS doesn't get most of these big tournies, starladder secures them and then approaches BTS about the english broadcast (apparently starladder and joindota hate each other).

TUSR

Banned

Stop solo queuing then. Aim to have fun by doing 5 stacks with friends. Experiment.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
One of the changes that has affected 6.82 games more than the current bounty/xp system in 6.82b is the change to total tower bounties IMO.

Seems like every other competitive game, the team that is down, losing something 20-6 has a hard carry that is still #1 or #2 on networth and part of that is the diminished effect of tower gold IMO. As long as you keep up in CS, the new tower bounties no longer give the enemy safelane/mid a quick and easy 2500-4000g lead for killing most t1's and t2's. Saw it yesterday in every c9 game and seeing it today in this team tinker vs team empire (and I've noticed it in many other games). This alone enables many more comebacks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm not totally sure what LGD could have done, but they let Envy keep farming. I remember in the 3rd game Envy died in a team fight, then got killed immediately after reviving and I though he was surely done, they wouldn't let up. But then lo and behold, they do let up on Envy and he just goes right back to farming.

LGD also took two bad fights at Roshan that game, where they couldn't take him down that fast and were really low HP. Also, Envy actually played pretty cautious that game, I feel he could have gotten 1 or 2 kills out of that time in the mid lane where he got chronoed and just Sundered Void, but he didn't chase void, nor the weaver that he nearly killed twice. The biggest risk he took was the random buyback at the end when all towers were down.

I'm not going to tell you to not take a break but you should start queueing with gaffers. No jajajajaja there.

The last DMCA I saw used against a new streamer was one of the most recent D2CL matches.

inkls

I think the worst possible nerf to dp that can happen would be to make dmg block block ult dmg. Her ghosts do 53-58. Crimson guard active blocks 50 dmg 100% of the time for 9 sec. It wouldn't even be a wrist slap nerf it would be the kind of nerf that made her nonviable in comps.

FACE

Banned
I think the worst possible nerf to dp that can happen would be to make dmg block block ult dmg. Her ghosts do 53-58. Crimson guard active blocks 50 dmg 100% of the time for 9 sec. It wouldn't even be a wrist slap nerf it would be the kind of nerf that made her nonviable in comps.

I'm down!

:p

Got two more AHC videos uploaded last night.

Ogre Magi - 2 attempts
Tusk - 1 Attempt

Did you 4x multicast AM twice in a row near the end? Pure skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom