• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Patch up!
Omniknight.png

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14579/

shira

LD's zzz
Rainmaker is in the chest
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/10881?r=d0
summits_peak_large.780cabcbb4624b6ac3e2089a90f427cbacd46fec.png

This treasure contains one of the following items:
Relics of the Sundered King
Dreadhawk Armor
Dame de Carreau
Hidden Flower

In addition, this treasure has a chance of containing:
The Fullmetal Machinist
Rainmaker MK.VII
No seal or key is needed to open this treasure, as it is already unlocked. This treasure contains full item sets.

Quesa

If you're interested in seeing what the base models for the characters are, I would suggest previewing the chest items

wrong rainmaker -- it's a gyro armor?

FACE

Banned
I dont agree with Manta at all. PA is all about the single target DPS

Since she got buffed ive been going Phase - Dom Helm - Basher - BF - BKB - Abyssal/Butterfly - Satanic

She feels so strong now that nothing but MKB disables her evasion

The only 2 heros ive seen wreck PA so far is Timber and Lina

FuyML5i.png

Death Prophet.

bounchfx

dat redmoon cash infusion

only if it sells like CRAZY. A huge majority of the share goes to the event, not us.

If we wanted money, we should be doing normal sets instead of working with 3rd parties.

which I'm going to start doing

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy fuck the new Juxtapose buff is obnoxious. His damage output is insane

He nukes me once, and then five illusions hammer on me and I die in three seconds. At the 20 minute mark

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like Bounch makes a ton of stuff on commission then somehow gets screwed ether with the item not getting in for some dumb reason, or the commission turning out to suck (Didn't you manage to basically get nothing from both the Nexon Courier and that $.99 Summer Chest?)

Has there been any items outside of your first few sets that actually go really smoothly in terms of making real money? I sort of assume Dead Winter Lich is still a big seller, people love dat hood.

bounchfx

I feel like Bounch makes a ton of stuff on commission then somehow gets screwed ether with the item not getting in for some dumb reason, or the commission turning out to suck (Didn't you manage to basically get nothing from both the Nexon Courier and that $.99 Summer Chest?)

Has there been any items outside of your first few sets that actually go really smoothly in terms of making real money? I sort of assume Dead Winter Lich is still a big seller, people love dat hood.

aha. There's only been two things that have 'worked out'. (If we're talking about actually making money) One is the Three Virtues bundle. We got so lucky finishing that in time, even with my computer reformatting the day before submit (thanks, windows update!), managed to crunch non stop for two weeks to do that, and it actually went in. Was stoked. the other thing, was the TI4 chest. Which wasn't supposed to work out, I guess? we weren't initially invited as guests, we had to ask several times what was up, and then luckily we had redpaw sitting around from not getting in, and the shaman set sitting there that I originally spent a sleepless week on (up until the day I was moving.. literally packed the morning the movers came, without sleep) for Perfect World, only to have them disappear.

the dead winter set and the others did *ok*, I guess, but nothing like the numbers I hear from people. everything else has been pretty much a pile of screwball, and to be blunt working with most third parties has wound up wasting months of my time. Which sucks, because I work pretty much non-stop.. but hey! I'm learning.. I guess? hehe

edit: to wrap up - the whole thing is a gamble, and I need to learn to make better decisions with where I put my time and who I do business with

shira

drow visage
C9 lost

goodbye items

EZ value on Clown9

one more game!

Make up ur mind
blush.gif

aha. There's only been two things that have 'worked out'. (If we're talking about actually making money) One is the Three Virtues bundle. We got so lucky finishing that in time, even with my computer reformatting the day before submit (thanks, windows update!), managed to crunch non stop for two weeks to do that, and it actually went in. Was stoked. the other thing, was the TI4 chest. Which wasn't supposed to work out, I guess? we weren't initially invited as guests, we had to ask several times what was up, and then luckily we had redpaw sitting around from not getting in, and the shaman set sitting there that I originally spent a sleepless week on (up until the day I was moving.. literally packed the morning the movers came, without sleep) for Perfect World, only to have them disappear.

the dead winter set and the others did *ok*, I guess, but nothing like the numbers I hear from people. everything else has been pretty much a pile of screwball, and to be blunt working with most third parties has wound up wasting months of my time. Which sucks, because I work pretty much non-stop.. but hey! I'm learning.. I guess? hehe

edit: to wrap up - the whole thing is a gamble, and I need to learn to make better decisions with where I put my time and who I do business with

U shoulda stuck with Danidem. You guys coulda made some seriously amazing shit.

I saw some of his unfinished concepts. If he gets those out this year or next shit will be crazy.

Einbroch

Banned
Watching this C9 and Newbee game, and I'm wondering, why don't casters use the auto-camera and just take it over when they have a point to make or something else to highlight?

They always suck with the camera. The auto camera always seems to do a good job when I spectate on my own.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think C9 is winning this one.

Watching this C9 and Newbee game, and I'm wondering, why don't casters use the auto-camera and just take it over when they have a point to make or something else to highlight?

They always suck with the camera. The auto camera always seems to do a good job when I spectate on my own.

Auto Camera is only available if you are spectating the game though Dota TV, you can't use it in a live game. It takes a bit of time to calculate where the camera should focus on, so Valve can't offer it to casters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom