• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

240x196px-LL-e66ddef6_reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif

KingKong

There were less problems with people running LANs for Quake 3 and CS 15 years ago than there are now with Dota 2, how hard can it be

Wok

The more I play the all-hero challenge, the higher my MMR. I genuinely wonder why.

I was initially at 2.7K, I have oscillated for a while between 2.4K and 2.7K.
One day, I decided I would play Slark and went to 3K.
After I stopped playing Slark and Void, I started experimenting with weaker heroes and went down to 2.3 K.
Now that I play a different hero every game, I am back to 2.5 K.

Razzer

The more I play the all-hero challenge, the higher my MMR. I genuinely wonder why.

I was initially at 2.7K, I have oscillated for a while between 2.4K and 2.7K.
One day, I decided I would play Slark and went to 3K.
After I stopped playing Slark and Void, I started experimenting with weaker heroes and went down to 2.3 K.
Now that I play a different hero every game, I am back to 2.5 K.

That seems like natural oscillation to me. Sometimes you go through a bad period, sometimes a good one. Either due to yourself or luck. It's random.

DaFish

Will anyone give a shit if they don't "give diretide" this year... Its almost that time again.

Seemed like yesterday

snack

Will anyone give a shit if they don't "give diretide" this year... Its almost that time again.

Seemed like yesterday
The outcry won't be as bad this time around because Valve has already come out and said there won't be a diretide.

inkls

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-dota-2-better-than-league-of-legends

Well this is an entertaining read. Some people do not know what an argument is lol:

Dota 2 is a another attempt of Valve getting money off fan-boys, an argument these fan-boys say as to why "dota 2 is bettr than league" Is "its take more skill and has better graphics" Firstly a game is not about graphics its about gameplay something Dota 2 lacks, its an exact clone of dota 1 down to the gold gain per second with no variations from dota 1. Secondly League of legends requires far more skill there is a reason a dota player dosnt know what a "skill shot is" Dota 2 players have no idea how to farm minions or the mechanics of a moba.

Many people say that dota 2 require more skills etc. But that is because they have yet reached higher levels of LoL. The more I played league of legends, I found that there were a lot more strategies then what it seemed like and definitely there is no reason to say why dota is tougher. LoL is also better because there are equal chances for both sides to win as long as there are better engages which is better thab dota when early game more or less decides the game when one person gets extremely fat which makes the game more predictable
Dota 2 players are often more rude and bashes/flames you just for making the smallest mistake such as missing a last-hit. From what I see from Dota 2 based pages, they often display arrogance and display a large amount of hate/bias towards a whole community of players of a different race/country, particularly the pinoys or Russians whom they deem that all of them are noobs. Dota 2 players also often blame others for their own mistakes or losing the game.

Not to say there aren't flamers and blamers in League of Legends but there is a smaller amount compared to Dota 2. Some players in LoL even give advice to other players despite being in opposing teams.

I'm on League's side as its the players in the community that makes the game more enjoyable.

This one is a bit hypocritical. I've played league before SA had servers and to say the lol community wasn't racist towards SA players would be a lie.
Indeed, League of Legends is more popular, amazing, and amusing to all kinds of people (not only to the kids), because it has a better quality of the champs, environment, and realistic abilities. They also have 5 main roles namely, the ADC (attack damage carry), the MID LANER, the SOLO TOP, the JUNGLER, and the SUPP.. In this situation you can realize than while in the game, it is more interesting.. . Meanwhile in Dota,, you only have strength, intelligence, and agility (#soboring).....

In dota,, your abilities won't get more powerful because you can only make your mana higher,, but in lol,, your abilities can get much stronger if you have items.... For ex.: infinity edge can make your skills much stronger..

Last thing... I thought that the Lich (Kelthuzad) has a power of ice.. But in dota 1.. He says "BURN'??????

Lol champs even dance (gangnam style and other famous modern dances),, they also laugh and tell jokes,,,,, unlike in dota they just stand and repeatingly say the words they only know,,,

inb4 comparing length of lines of dialogues.

League of Legends has a much better interface. I believe that it also has a much better variety of champions. It is easier to change lanes and save your friends and teammates. League of Legends also has a much larger fan base so that you can get into matches much easier.

Does he mean ui or client? Also has never heard of tp response.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Every roommate I've ever had has played League of Legends and every single one has said they don't play dota because it's too difficult for them. True story.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Dota 2 is something that you play for fun, league of legends is just as fun but also has competetition that gets to high levels.

It was nice guys but I'm headed over to the LoL community now, I didn't realize this game was so easy.

FACE

Banned
Indeed, League of Legends is more popular, amazing, and amusing to all kinds of people (not only to the kids), because it has a better quality of the champs, environment, and realistic abilities. They also have 5 main roles namely, the ADC (attack damage carry), the MID LANER, the SOLO TOP, the JUNGLER, and the SUPP.. In this situation you can realize than while in the game, it is more interesting.. . Meanwhile in Dota,, you only have strength, intelligence, and agility (#soboring).....

In dota,, your abilities won't get more powerful because you can only make your mana higher,, but in lol,, your abilities can get much stronger if you have items.... For ex.: infinity edge can make your skills much stronger..

Last thing... I thought that the Lich (Kelthuzad) has a power of ice.. But in dota 1.. He says "BURN'??????

Lol champs even dance (gangnam style and other famous modern dances),, they also laugh and tell jokes,,,,, unlike in dota they just stand and repeatingly say the words they only know,,,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom