• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagete

I have a few nerdy IT friends that prefer LOL to Dota2, and they always like talking about it like it's some superior life choice they made. They even criticize dota2 as being for poor people, while heralding LOL's f2p model as being superior.

People should just play what is fun for them. I understand wanting to evangelize and get more friends playing your game of choice but some people take it too far and start crucifying dota or league just because they've found their comfort zone in either game.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I have a few nerdy IT friends that prefer LOL to Dota2, and they always like talking about it like it's some superior life choice they made. They even criticize dota2 as being for poor people, while heralding LOL's f2p model as being superior.

People should just play what is fun for them. I understand wanting to evangelize and get more friends playing your game of choice but some people take it too far and start crucifying dota or league just because they've found their comfort zone in either game.

You have to be rich to afford all the champions in LoL. :^)

Kade

I remember trying to get a League friend into Dota and he would keep referring to Dota as "attack of the blobs" because of how slow everything was relative to LoL and he had the render quality slider all the way to the left. He's such an idiot sometimes but I love him, he's my friend.

im still trying to get two of my friends to switch

its such a pain

one is borderline and wants to give it more of a shot

the other is 100 percent against it and is holding him back

dave is ok

aztek is ok

its such a pain

I find modes like ARDM and Ability Draft are a less frustrating way to get people into the game

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The first year of Diretide was at least one free item every game. Two if you won.

That's why everyone wanted it back last year, but last year sucked

mfaex

First year of diretide was fun to actually play before everyone figured it out.

Still not as bad as Grieveling.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
First year of diretide was fun to actually play before everyone figured it out.

Still not as bad as Grieveling.
Grieveling was such a shame, Valve clearly put a ton of effort into the mode, custom mechanics, customizable 'heroes', new items, new announcer. And it sucked so much.

DarkKyo

Grieveling was such a shame, Valve clearly put a ton of effort into the mode, custom mechanics, customizable 'heroes', new items, new announcer. And it sucked so much.

I enjoyed it :(

then again I raised a perfect black greevil with the best moves

Zeknurn

Grieveling was hilarious when you got full on 5 on 5 fights with everyone going in and out of Greevils in combat to use every available ability off cooldown. Hands down the best holiday event they have done for Dota 2.

mfaex

I had more rage moments in Grieveling than in any real game of dota.

Naked greevils on my team, Seraphics on theirs.
Camp down? Mask of madness for my ursa, divine rapier for their gyro. BECAUSE WHY NOT.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Grieveling was hilarious when you got full on 5 on 5 fights with everyone going in and out of Greevils in combat to use every available ability off cooldown. Hands down the best holiday event they have done for Dota 2.

Wraith Night exists though

Hupsel

It's finally here. See what happens when a pro Void and a blink Tide try to gank and wipe Team Gaf. Team Gaf: Me (Lion), Inkls (Kunkka), Print Screen (Lich), Kard (Slark), TUSR (PA).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-5yMTtNxP4&feature=youtu.be

smile.gif

Wok

its such a pain

This is one aspect I dislike about MOBA in general: people try to get you to adhere to their drugs. "You are on the wrong path, come play MY game... if you are my friend"

ViviOggi

Flash plugin crashing every match for me. :(

As in Twitch? Don't use their shitty web player, watch through VLC without lags and in superior quality

1. Download Livestreamer
  2. Point it to your VLC directory in the config file that opens after installing
  3. Win+R -> cmd -> type "livestreamer twitch.tv/[channel name] best" -> Enter
  4. ?????
  5. Profit
Even if that wasn't what you were talking about everyone should do this

Mohasus

As in Twitch? Don't use their shitty web player, watch through VLC without lags and in superior quality

1. Download Livestreamer
  2. Point it to your VLC directory in the config file that opens after installing
  3. Win+R -> cmd -> type "livestreamer twitch.tv/[channel name] best" -> Enter
  4. ?????
  5. Profit
Even if that wasn't what you were talking about everyone should do this

Yeah, I'll give it a try, thanks!

edit: Working fine. There is no need to open cmd though.

Ketch

I still think puppeys drafts did not fit Ti4 navi.

Turns out he did have to go, and they're all better off for it?

How's the new navi doing?

manfestival

(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_- )┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏( -_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏( -_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_-)┓┗(-_-)┛┏( -_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_- )┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏( -_-)┛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom