• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yah ofc im just quoting gofu who gives probably the worst initial patch impressions that i've ever heard, like predictions (or shooting down predictions) that are legit worse than reddit and playdota combined with tobiwan's ass cheeks

Love tree's agh, but I feel that the damage should apply to tree's overgrowth as well. Hard part is finding the farm to build it, and if you do, your team is most likely dominating the game, and the wards aren't so essential. I really just want it to be baseline, with aghs granting a riki-like invisibility for tree when he stands near trees, in addition to the ranged overgrowth and overgrowth damage.

inkls

yah ofc im just quoting gofu who gives probably the worst initial patch impressions that i've ever heard, like predictions (or shooting down predictions) that are legit worse than reddit and playdota combined with tobiwan's ass cheeks

You can't hype it like that and then just not give any examples.

Ketch

Omniknight is still the best hero in the game.

climbing the mmr ladder....

I just played the worst tide game of my life. I think I missed 4 out of 5 ravages. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on until the end when I realized that venge kept cancelling my blink with wave of terror.... but that's no excuse for the time I solo ravaged NOBODY in the mid river.... and then solo ravaged the large creep camp... I kept pushing R instead of E. I swear my fingers shifted twice.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You can't hype it like that and then just not give any examples.

elder titan first comes out - "elder titan aura is pretty overrated tbh, bad hero." elder tonto becomes fp/fb, gets nerfed next patch.
6.80 and 6.81 come out - "no notable changes, meta isn't going to change whatsoever, picks won't change at all"
"timbersaw is a worse version of zeus"
"ogre offlane is just a worse version of nyx offlane, nyx has more impact"
"terrorblade won't be fp/fb"
"kotl aghs isn't that great"
"legion commander is crazy overpowered" - to be fair a lot of pro's thought this too and they were all fucking wrong, hero is completely fine, would have been fine even without the nerfs she got this patch
"troll warlord will be the best and have the most impact out of the heroes just added to CM after TI3 (aka abaddon, centaur, elder titan, and troll)" -- this was after troll got his big 6.78 nerf and started to slide into obscurity, think all three of the other heroes were more frequently picked/banned except maybe centaur at the time

there are more I'm sure, milkman might know a few

shira

ICXeD6y.png

Sorry for delay, finally had access to muh spreadsheets. I gave rfhb and rvinp extra % rng to win since they participated in more without a prize yet.

Winners: Demoli, Madouu both received their prizes

Smashootarrowhitarrowal RNG prize winners

1. Anuxi set - rvinp received
2. Sperm Arrow - rhfb received
3. Owlion -raytow received
- edit all prizes received

I'm thinking next one will be a hybrid 2v2 allpick same rules: 2 kills or tower = gg
- random pairings
- 1 ban
- some nice prizes, I think Anuxi might have a few sets leftover, and we just got 2 chests
- next, next week Oct 18/19

BeesEight

I'm a convert to the forced fifty. Had one team nearly full of ragers and awful individuals. Next game, almost everyone is encouraging and positive.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You guys! I think I actually played my first ever good Pudge game!!!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/938157089

My TA was useless all game and Void took like a hundred years to get online. I was creating space all day. Felt really good. Even got some props from the enemy for a hook I landed.

shira

Depending on how these remaining days go we could have a mini 9-6 tie-breaker league on our hands.

Any word on if that Filipino team can actually get visas and travel to Ukraine? Everyone wants to see Mushi's team anyways

fT11AX0.png

Fingers crossed

Winner Bracket final: [A] vs Newbee (winner guaranteed $90k)
vyk and whatiship

Loser Bracket 1: LGD vs VG (loser eliminated)
LD castor

Loser bracket 2: Cloud9 vs Mushi (loser eliminated)
later

Anno

South American Dota fighting tonight. Would lol if SNA and NAVIUS both go down in D2CL.

Also lol:

So apparently the #WCA organizers totally forgot about 1 BO3, even though we told them their schedule was missing a match 3 weeks ago T_T

Anno

What a fucking disaster, what's up with this? Why are all of these games run concurrently?

On the plus side, there's another AM sighting. Can't believe I consider that a plus now, but yeah.

E: This AM set, wth

What a fucking disaster, what's up with this?

On the plus side, there's another AM sighting. Can't believe I consider that a plus now, but yeah.
The tournament organisers were missing a full BO3 series from their schedule even though BTS told them about it weeks ago.

Whole tournament has been a joke tbh. Sad fact this is the biggest tournament since TI.

SLx19c3.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm Just going to Watch C9 vs TI3 Orange, so I'm OK with this.

Today's Update didn't fix old replays crashing the game. I want to watch really old Dota
cry.gif

What a fucking disaster, what's up with this? Why are all of these games run concurrently?

E: This AM set, wth

That first year of dota, so much AM hate. Dude was like the destroyer of worlds.

Finally got around to trying out Bloodseeker, much more fun than the previous version. 6 second silence so good, and the fun ways you can apply the damage buff in order to make someone take more damage, do more damage, heal yourself, or heal everyone, a lot of tricks for one skill.

New vanguard item also good, may consider buying it on more supports, particularly strength ones. Unfortunately that's about the only way I can see most strength heroes finding their place in this patch besides being initiators.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
After Alliance lost s4, Loda stopped caring and decided to go full passive rat for every single draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom