• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Ralemont

not me
Quick question, has some spoilers.

So I finished the court party and came back to Skyhold. I had some conversation with Blackwall and now he's no longer in my party. I kind of forgot what happened. Anyone remember why he would leave?

Ping around where he usually is.

On the war table there's a mission worth 40 power that is based on storming Corypherus' base. Is this the last mission?

Thanks!

Doom Upon All The World is the last.

Is there something I'm missing here, or it an oversight?

Oversight.

diaspora

Varric was just telling me about the red lyrium idol he found in the thaig in DA2. Looks likely then that the blight predates Tevinter.

RPGCrazied

Killed my first dragon! Wow, that was intense. How far am I story wise? I just did the
royal ball quest.
Man, that was boring.

Bessy67

Killed my first dragon! Wow, that was intense. How far am I story wise? I just did the
royal ball quest.
Man, that was boring.
Halfway-ish. I actually really enjoyed that quest my first time through since it was something pretty different, but the second time through was a slog.

RPGCrazied

Halfway-ish. I actually really enjoyed that quest my first time through since it was something pretty different, but the second time through was a slog.

Damn, and I have 45 hours on the clock. I'm trying to do every quest though. And the dragon was only hard cause it was always flying, shooting fireballs of death at me from the skies, and all those freaking baby dragon adds that wouldn't leave me alone. Ugh.

Yeul

Varric was just telling me about the red lyrium idol he found in the thaig in DA2. Looks likely then that the blight predates Tevinter.

Yeah, there's also stuff in codex entries pertaining to the elven pantheon, specifically Andruil, that supports it as well. "One day Andruil grew tired of hunting mortal men and beasts. She began stalking The Forgotten Ones, wicked things that thrive in the abyss. Yet even a god should not linger there, and each time she entered the Void, Andruil suffered longer and longer periods of madness after returning. Andruil put on armor made of the Void, and all forgot her true face. She made weapons of darkness, and plague ate her lands...". It's all pretty interesting, and there's even some of the elven artwork that you can find on some rockfaces and walls in certain ruins that show what looks to be armor made of red lyrium and elves infected as well. It's all theory, but the primeval thaig stuff definitely is the strongest thread that connects it all at this point in time. All of this on top of the fact that
Corypheus says that the city was already black before they got there.
vg6JSDT.jpg
n35NcnS.png

diaspora

Yeah, there's also stuff in codex entries pertaining to the elven pantheon, specifically Andruil, that supports it as well. "One day Andruil grew tired of hunting mortal men and beasts. She began stalking The Forgotten Ones, wicked things that thrive in the abyss. Yet even a god should not linger there, and each time she entered the Void, Andruil suffered longer and longer periods of madness after returning. Andruil put on armor made of the Void, and all forgot her true face. She made weapons of darkness, and plague ate her lands...". It's all pretty interesting, and there's even some of the elven artwork that you can find on some rockfaces and walls in certain ruins that show what looks to be armor made of red lyrium and elves infected as well. It's all theory, but the primeval thaig stuff definitely is the strongest thread that connects it all at this point in time. All of this on top of the fact that
Corypheus says that the city was already black before they got there.
http://i.imgur.com/vg6JSDT.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n35NcnS.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

There's that plus if you take both the Chantry and Dwarven stories as true then Corypheus, Architect and the rest of the magisters would have gone into the Fade, got blighted, came back, went underground, found Dumat, and started the first blight in what? A year? [SPOILER]The blight existing pre-Tevinter/ humanity would help explain the elven civil war and destruction too.
[/SPOILER]
edit: "When Andruil came, Mythal sprang on the hunter. They fought for three day and nights, Andruil slashing deep gouges in the serpent's hide." If Andruil brought the "plague" and she "gouged" Mythal then [SPOILER]the one who killed her could have been...[/SPOILER]

So I bought DA Inquistion because it was 50% off on Origin and having fun sofar. Have a problem with the party commands though. It's locked for me so I can't issue orders like hold ground, disengage etc. How do I fix it or do you only get it later in the story?

Edit: suddenly it starts working again when I got the useless mount as option to travel.

There's that plus if you take both the Chantry and Dwarven stories as true then Corypheus, Architect and the rest of the magisters would have gone into the Fade, got blighted, came back, went underground, found Dumat, and started the first blight in what? A year?
The blight existing pre-Tevinter/ humanity would help explain the elven civil war and destruction too.
edit: "When Andruil came, Mythal sprang on the hunter. They fought for three day and nights, Andruil slashing deep gouges in the serpent's hide." If Andruil brought the "plague" and she "gouged" Mythal then
the one who killed her could have been...

I've always thought of the Blight as a great Creation/Destruction Myth. I hope they do go this route.

Lucreto

I am planning a new playthrough on Hard with a female Elf with a sword and shield.

Can anyone provide give me any tips and is it much harder than normal mode?

:/ nightmare mode is not fun. I am getting 3 shotted by normal scrub enemies. I don't want to see what happens when I have to face Greater terrors and rage demons.

jgwhiteus

I am planning a new playthrough on Hard with a female Elf with a sword and shield.

Can anyone provide give me any tips and is it much harder than normal mode?

Enemies have increased stats (HP / defense / attack), so it takes a longer to get through battles and you do have to employ a bit more strategy than auto-attacking and skill spamming, but I don't remember there being a huge difference in enemy skill-use or anything.

In Nightmare the above still applies (increased stats), but enemies will also start using skills like Barrier frequently, or special attacks.

In both cases the hardest parts of the game are the early fights when you're at low levels and don't have many skills (the initial Pride Demon is actually pretty tough), but once the over-leveling curve of the game kicks in it becomes progressively easier and easier.

:/ nightmare mode is not fun. I am getting 3 shorted by normal scrub enemies. I don't want to see what happens when I have to face Greater terrors and rage demons.

I just got through the Fallow Mire with all those veilfire beacons you have to light, and at each one you have to fight about three Terrors and a bunch of skeleton archers. I did them when I was at/below the monsters' level (about lv. 10). It was frustrating as crap. Just make sure you have a mage repeatedly casting Barrier on your party, because it's pretty much a requirement for most fights.

Bessy67

:/ nightmare mode is not fun. I am getting 3 shorted by normal scrub enemies. I don't want to see what happens when I have to face Greater terrors and rage demons.
It all depends on your level. I'm part way through a nightmare playthrough and it was difficult in the beginning but now I'm somewhat overleveled and it's a breeze.

Enemies have increased stats (HP / defense / attack), so it takes a longer to get through battles and you do have to employ a bit more strategy than auto-attacking and skill spamming, but I don't remember there being a huge difference in enemy skill-use or anything.

In Nightmare the above still applies (increased stats), but enemies will also start using skills like Barrier frequently, or special attacks.

In both cases the hardest parts of the game are the early fights when you're at low levels and don't have many skills (the initial Pride Demon is actually pretty tough), but once the over-leveling curve of the game kicks in it becomes progressively easier and easier.

I just got through the Fallow Mire with all those veilfire beacons you have to light, and at each one you have to fight about three Terrors and a bunch of skeleton archers. I did them when I was at/below the monsters' level (about lv. 10). It was frustrating as crap. Just make sure you have a mage repeatedly casting Barrier on your party, because it's pretty much a requirement for most fights.
That part on normal was kind of annoying. I do not look forward to replaying it on nightmare. However, I think my most hated enemies are Arcane demons. Their arcane blasts were op on normal. So I can imagine that they will be quite annoying on nightmare.
It all depends on your level. I'm part way through a nightmare playthrough and it was difficult in the beginning but now I'm somewhat overleveled and it's a breeze.
I hope this is true. My party is absolute trash right now.

Can anyone give me a heads up on if any of the large PC problems still persist or if they've been patched? I got the game a while back but heard that there was a good amount of bugs and glitches with the PC version so I held off on playing it because I didn't want to sour my play-through with a bunch of annoying problems occurring every so often.

HI folks!
Preparing myself for DA:I and I have a question regarding multiple characters / world states:

I prepared my DA:O & DA II world state in Dragon Age Keep, uploaded it to DA:I, started a new game with that world state, saved the game and exited. Now I'm ready.
My girlfriend will also play DA:I on the same PC using the same Origin account (mine).

Is it possible to have a different character with a different world state at the same time on one Origin account?
So if I play my character, the game uploads its state to my DA:I world state and vice versa (when gf plays hers).

The main thing I'm worried is that we somehow don't screw up our world states and DA:I saves.

Anyone in a similar situation? Different chars, world states, etc. but on 1 Origin account?

Apoptomon

HI folks!
Preparing myself for DA:I and I have a question regarding multiple characters / world states:

I prepared my DA:O & DA II world state in Dragon Age Keep, uploaded it to DA:I, started a new game with that world state, saved the game and exited. Now I'm ready.
My girlfriend will also play DA:I on the same PC using the same Origin account (mine).

Is it possible to have a different character with a different world state at the same time on one Origin account?
So if I play my character, the game uploads its state to my DA:I world state and vice versa (when gf plays hers).

The main thing I'm worried is that we somehow don't screw up our world states and DA:I saves.

Anyone in a similar situation? Different chars, world states, etc. but on 1 Origin account?
Yes. You'll be fine.
Each character's files are stored in separate folders, and as long as they're not both the same race and class, they'll be easy to tell apart on the load game screen. They're also recorded separately on the Keep site (you'll have multiple entries under "curent playthroughs"). World state only matters when starting a new game (when it asks to import from the Keep), so changes to the Keep after a game is started won't affect that first character. So when your gf makes a worldstate to export to her DA:I character yours will be fine.

Yes. You'll be fine.
Each character's files are stored in separate folders, and as long as they're not both the same race and class, they'll be easy to tell apart on the load game screen. They're also recorded separately on the Keep site (you'll have multiple entries under "curent playthroughs"). World state only matters when starting a new game (when it asks to import from the Keep), so changes to the Keep after a game is started won't affect that first character. So when your gf makes a worldstate to export to her DA:I character yours will be fine.
Thank you very much. *bow*

Kiraly

Dear GAF,

Is there a walkthrough available online that takes you through all the interesting and fun (side)quests and leaves out all the useless boring (fetch) quests etc.? I like this game and would like to see the majority of it, but I have no time to do all the MMO type of low quality quests.

Yes, I am still in the Hinterlands. Bought this game on launch.
Have only played for 10 hours or so.

Ultimadrago

Okay, so I'm at a part in-game where Harding asks
if my flirting is all for show or not
. Now, I am trying to fill my Keep as much as possible and as far as I know
she's not a romance option
. She would be my first choice no problem if so, but I don't want to get into anything that will screw me out of an actually confirmed deal later.

What says GAF? Does it count, does it not?

Edit: Okay, seems to be a dead-end/fake deal. Oh well, shame.

diaspora

My favourite part about DA lore is how the most religious kingdom in Thedas, the Anderfels, is also home to the most frequent and dangerous (necessary sure) practitioners of blood magic- the Wardens.

Ultimadrago

Man, I had no idea Leilana's Personal Quest had such a stake in the first chapter. Now that she's at the point of no return, no
Divine
for her. Bad girl.

diaspora

How was Jaws of Hakkon?
I thought it was good. Lots of Harding.

edit: In DA2 was there anyone that didn't kill
Anders
? I thought he was fine up until the end, then I just got pissed, fuck that guy.
Ran away from the circle, to only then run away from the Wardens because of a cat, then to blow up a piece of a city. Really. Fuck him.

Terrors are truly shitty enemies. They're not even remotely fun to fight. Whoever thought it's a good idea to have an enemy that can reach the player from anywhere is full of it. And fuck whoever thought it's a good idea to throw multiple terrors at once which can freaking stunlock you. Jesus the enemy design in this game is retarded.

Ralemont

not me
Terrors are truly shitty enemies. They're not even remotely fun to fight. Whoever thought it's a good idea to have an enemy that can reach the player from anywhere is full of it. And fuck whoever thought it's a good idea to throw multiple terrors at once which can freaking stunlock you. Jesus the enemy design in this game is retarded.

I don't find terrors too bad. They are suspectible to all knockdowns and they give enough warning for their surprise attack for rogues and mages to evade and warriors to Shield Wall. Plus they have low HP and no Barriers.

I don't find terrors too bad. They are suspectible to all knockdowns and they give enough warning for their surprise attack for rogues and mages to evade and warriors to Shield Wall. Plus they have low HP and no Barriers.
They're manageable at higher levels sure, but if you don't keep an eye on them, you can get surprised. And at lower levels on nightmare they prove to be a nuisance when the game throws MULTIPLE terrors.

Anyways, does the dupe glitch still work?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe I haven't gotten there yet, but they really don't let you be a total asshole warmongerer in Inquisition. I don't even know if you can open up dialogue options to kill companions.

My Grey Warden would destroy my Herald.
In Origins I forced Branka to keep making golems for my army, lied to keep the werewolves so I could use them for my army, decapitated Wynn, killed Shale, left my baby momma in Orzramar, kicked Leilana out, Had Alistair kill Logain and make him my puppet king, and killed the demon child.
In Inquisition I... Used some snark.

T.O.P

Banned
Bought the game again after sinkin over 120 hours on the console version
Holy fuckin shit, playing at 60 fps maxed is like a totally different game, it was beautiful before but...woah

Anyway, i remember hearing that the dlc was end game stuff right? no point in buying it right now if true

diaspora

Maybe I haven't gotten there yet, but they really don't let you be a total asshole warmongerer in Inquisition. I don't even know if you can open up dialogue options to kill companions.

In Origins I forced Branka to keep making golems for my army, lied to keep the werewolves so I could use them for my army, decapitated Wynn, killed Shale, left my baby momma in Orzramar, kicked Leilana out, Had Alistair kill Logain and make him my puppet king, and killed the demon child.

You could boot most of your companions out sans Solas, Varric, and Cassandra IIRC. But you can make your Inquisitor a bloodthirsty tyrant. Executing all of your prisoners in judgement as well as conscripting the mages/templars will get you there. Cassandra actually
descends into alcoholism
if her disapproval is high enough... it's sadder than death IMO.

Ultimadrago

Goddamn. Too badass 4 me. You know, I sometimes wonder if everyone does the same weak ass diplomatic/"keep 95% of people happy" approach that I do because it seems so "right". I'm glad there's players like you that prove otherwise. And I'm seriously saying that, not sarcasm.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Goddamn. Too badass 4 me. You know, I sometimes wonder if everyone does the same weak ass diplomatic/"keep 95% of people happy" approach that I do because it seems so "right". I'm glad there's players like you that prove otherwise. And I'm seriously saying that, not sarcasm.
Playing both sides is pretty good, too, though.

I remember doing some pretty evil things in DAO, but in this game, the Inquisitor is mostly a moist as dude.

You could boot most of your companions out sans Solas, Varric, and Cassandra IIRC. But you can make your Inquisitor a bloodthirsty tyrant. Executing all of your prisoners in judgement as well as conscripting the mages/templars will get you there. Cassandra actually
descends into alcoholism
if her disapproval is high enough... it's sadder than death IMO.
Booting people out and sending someone into depression aren't that bad. :p

Holy smokes. Is there a Total Bastard guide out there or something? The worst things I've ever done, trying to be a bad guy,
is let Connor's mother sacrifice herself and let the werewolves eat the Dalish.

Ralemont

not me
Can I just say that high level DW Rogue is so much fun? Run Tempest spec and Fire Flask all the Deathblows. Plus Frost Flask for repeated freeze and shatter self-combos.

To top it off, the crafting system with high-tier Fade-Touched items gets crazy. Right now my armor has 10% chance for Hidden Blades, and my two daggers have 10% chance for Fade Cloak and 3 Guard on Hit, respectively.

I think this playthrough has turned out even better than 2H Warrior, and Nightmare makes battles more fun.

Can I just say that high level DW Rogue is so much fun? Run Tempest spec and Fire Flask all the Deathblows. Plus Frost Flask for repeated freeze and shatter self-combos.

To top it off, the crafting system with high-tier Fade-Touched items gets crazy. Right now my armor has 10% chance for Hidden Blades, and my two daggers have 10% chance for Fade Cloak and 3 Guard on Hit, respectively.

I think this playthrough has turned out even better than 2H Warrior, and Nightmare makes battles more fun.
Nightmare is so much better to play near the later parts when you can get good materials. I am also playing rogue but I'm an assassin so I have a superb ring that increases critical damage and one dagger that has a chance for hidden blades. Add that with 3 guard on hit (I cannot seem to get fade touched silverite to drop) and my rogue does so much work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The last damned Assassin Weapon just won't show up. The dwarf assassin that should spawn next to Crestwood's Astrarium is simply never there, and I've been killing that pos Carta Assassin in Valamar for hours without a drop.

Does anyone have any tips?

I freaking hate Western RPGs.

The last damned Assassin Weapon just won't show up. The dwarf assassin that should spawn next to Crestwood's Astrarium is simply never there, and I've been killing that pos Carta Assassin in Valamar for hours without a drop.

Does anyone have any tips?

I freaking hate Western RPGs.
Have you checked the entire surrounding area? He wanders around.

Top Bottom