• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Crestwood dragon isn't appearing for me, and did everything in Crestwood (including Still Waters) a LOOONNGG time ago. It is the only dragon I have left, and I am level 25 and just finished that Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts.

huxley00

His quest is definitely worth a replay imo - right up there with Shale's in terms of unexpected things happening.

I actually am using this play through to unlock the "perk" to be able to open any of the hard locks in the game....specifically because I couldn't finish that quest. Its kind of tough giving up some perks to get that unlocked! Plus...you know...if there are locked doors, you just have to know what is behind them.

MattyG

Banned
You can finish stuff after, but i highly suggest to create a save file before you do the last quest.

The world state is not the same after the final quest.

I did suffer from a bad case of "What's the point" after finishing the game, but, trophies.

I believe everything is the same except all companion quests are cancelled. So make an extra save file before you finish.
Aleight, thanks. I think I may just do the companion quests first, see what it's like after the ending, and then reload if I don't like it. This is going to take another 40 house of my life, isn't it?

The Mabari warhound is great, don't deny it.

I'd say, in DAI, Iron Bull is the only classic, enduring character. Most of the others are well-written and performed, but Iron Bull is on another level; he's basically the Morrigan/Minsc/HK47 of this game.

Subjectivness and all that, but I liked just about everyone but sera. For me it's something like DA2's companions (Varric and Isabella are just too good) > Awakening (Justice and Anders too good) = DAI (Cassandra, Solas, Cole are all amazing, haven't done most companion quests yet though, fuck sera) > DA (fuck oghren (drunk 24/7, whines about branka), fuck sten (lololol going to kill a whole family because I'm a fucking idiot), fuck alistar and his whinefit at the end, fuck wynn and her partronizing, even leliana isn't that interesting)

huxley00

Subjectivness and all that, but I liked just about everyone but sera. For me it's something like DA2's companions (Varric and Isabella are just too good) > Awakening (Justice and Anders too good) = DAI (Cassandra, Solas, Cole are all amazing, haven't done most companion quests yet though, fuck sera) > DA (fuck oghren (drunk 24/7, whines about branka), fuck sten (lololol going to kill a whole family because I'm a fucking idiot), fuck alistar and his whinefit at the end, fuck wynn and her partronizing, even leliana isn't that interesting)

You're right, there were plenty of bad ones. Hell, I didn't even remember Ogrhen, Wynne is a major bore and quite annoying, Alistair is whiny (to be fair, thats part of his character arc, coming into his own self and responsibility at the end). Its all about Morrigan, Sten, Shale, I don't know how you can hate on Sten, even though he is quite hatable lol.

MattyG

Banned
Some of these war room missions are becoming ridiculous, 15 fucking hours to complete one?!
I had one that said it'd take 17 hours and it ended up being finished in about 3. I don't know if the 17 hour countdown is a bug or if it finshing so fast was, but I hope it's the former because that's just ridiculous.

Altima

I don't know if I agree with that

Sten, Shale, Morrigan

Those three characters are better than the best in Inquisition, just my opinion.

Solas - Pretty cool, its fun to play an Elf to get his viewpoints on Elven history through the fade. The other stories he tells about the fade are quite interesting as well and provide some really good lore/world building.
Sera - She is alright, kind of funny/witty
Vivienne - Boring
Cassandra - Boring
Varric - Kinda boring
Cole - He's ok I guess
Blackwall - Pretty boring
Iron Bull - Interesting, not a bad character, too bad he is so gimped that he is impossible to take on missions on harder difficulty.
Dorion - Pretty interesting, good character to get some Tevinter lore.

Just my two cents though, I think Solas and
Iron Bull
are really the only two interesting characters. The others just feel kind of 1 dimensional.

I like that we have
Morrigan
back but she is too predictable than before.

Sten - I never understand him or his point of view as I never understand Qunari doing in DA2. More killing ? less living ? Something like that ?

Shale - Finish the game but I have just know that he is not
he
from this thread. LOL

For DAI
- I like Solas at first but talking with him usually come to same conclusion every times. His point of view is very clear and I think that make him a bit boring later in the game.

- Varric - He is predictable as always but he is a great friend. A kind of friend who I want to share something with. Yes, he is not an extraordinary character but I like him most.

- Cassandra - Agree, she is quite boring

Do not have chance to talk with other characters much : /

I've had this game laying around for a couple weeks. Started a few times, couldn't get the character right, finally did and played for a few very short sessions. Wasn't digging it.

Tried again Friday night and it finally clicked. Absolutely consumed the weekend. It took Bioware three times, but this version of DA is better than the last two combined and then some. Wow.

Kimaka

"Inquisitor, I've got something for you."

NO

Some of these war room missions are becoming ridiculous, 15 fucking hours to complete one?!

There are 22 hour ones too. I just do the long ones when I'm going to bed or not intending to use one of the advisers on another mission for a while. If you're on PC, you could always modify your clock.

lumzi23

I don't know if I agree with that

Sten, Shale, Morrigan

Those three characters are better than the best in Inquisition, just my opinion.

Solas - Pretty cool, its fun to play an Elf to get his viewpoints on Elven history through the fade. The other stories he tells about the fade are quite interesting as well and provide some really good lore/world building.
Sera - She is alright, kind of funny/witty
Vivienne - Boring
Cassandra - Boring
Varric - Kinda boring
Cole - He's ok I guess
Blackwall - Pretty boring
Iron Bull - Interesting, not a bad character, too bad he is so gimped that he is impossible to take on missions on harder difficulty.
Dorion - Pretty interesting, good character to get some Tevinter lore.

Just my two cents though, I think Solas and
Iron Bull
are really the only two interesting characters. The others just feel kind of 1 dimensional.

I dunno, Morrigan was kind of unbearable as far as I got in Origins.

aborath

Neo Member
Anyone done the Reaver specialization quest? I'm trying to do it, but have yet to find any of the components.Does the lake in Crestwood have to be flooded before you get access to the objectives?

edit: meant drained, not flooded, obviously.

Anyone done the Reaver specialization quest? I'm trying to do it, but have yet to find any of the components.Does the lake in Crestwood have to be flooded before you get access to the objectives?

I'm not sure, but I didn't do the quest until after I'd finished the major Crestwood questline, so it's entirely possible.

imperium

Well I think I just lost 50 hours and have to start over. Can anyone confirm that the save files are actually saved online for PS+ members?

I purchased the first GoT episode but it would error out at the same point in the download. Sony's FAQ said to try re-inializing the system, which I dd. After downloading the digital version of DA I only had the option for new game, so I downloaded the online save file (17MB). Continue and load are grayed out. WTF is in that save file? And for what it worth, GoT still gives me the same error.

edit: meant drained, not flooded, obviously.
Yes, you need access to the Flats area.

You're right, there were plenty of bad ones. Hell, I didn't even remember Ogrhen, Wynne is a major bore and quite annoying, Alistair is whiny (to be fair, thats part of his character arc, coming into his own self and responsibility at the end). Its all about Morrigan, Sten, Shale, I don't know how you can hate on Sten, even though he is quite hatable lol.

I like that we have
Morrigan
back but she is too predictable than before.

Sten - I never understand him or his point of view as I never understand Qunari doing in DA2. More killing ? less living ? Something like that ?

Shale - Finish the game but I have just know that he is not
he
from this thread. LOL

For DAI
- I like Solas at first but talking with him usually come to same conclusion every times. His point of view is very clear and I think that make him a bit boring later in the game.

- Varric - He is predictable as always but he is a great friend. A kind of friend who I want to share something with. Yes, he is not an extraordinary character but I like him most.

- Cassandra - Agree, she is quite boring

Do not have chance to talk with other characters much : /

I like morrigan, her arrogance is written so well.

Sten's case is he's so brainwashed he can't think for himself, and he has to get over that. It's been awhile since I played but I can't remember if he ever apologizes for killing the family. He was a Qunari Warrior, and if a Warrior loses his sword it's punishable by death or something like that, so when he woke up in a house and couldn't find his sword, he panicked and killed everyone around him. Iron Bull is also a follower of the Qun but he isn't nearly as dumb or fanatical as Sten was.

The Qunari in DA2 were actually very reasonable.
They crash landed their ship near kirkwall and were awaiting rescue. People in the chantry kept fucking with them even though they kept to themselves, and they got sick of it over time. They were looking for a tome I think that Isabella stole.

I just finished What Pride Had Wrought. Am I at the end game now? I'm in a relationship with Josephine but it hasn't triggered the trophy yet and we haven't done it. I also can't seem to get Iron Bull's personal quest. I got introduced to his company, but nothing after.

TheHall

I had one that said it'd take 17 hours and it ended up being finished in about 3. I don't know if the 17 hour countdown is a bug or if it finshing so fast was, but I hope it's the former because that's just ridiculous.

Just set your clock forward by a day and they are instadone.

(On PS4, you don't even have to restart the game, you can do it right there at the war table)

npa189

Getting it from amazon today, any tips or should I just go in blind? I didn't play DA2 and only got halfway though the first.

Neoweee

I just finished What Pride Had Wrought. Am I at the end game now? I'm in a relationship with Josephine but it hasn't triggered the trophy yet and we haven't done it. I also can't seem to get Iron Bull's personal quest. I got introduced to his company, but nothing after.

Are things "stuck" with her? You need to trigger and do a War Board mission.

Getting it from amazon today, any tips or should I just go in blind? I didn't play DA2 and only got halfway though the first.

Don't get mired in MMO quests you don't want to do. Beating the game requires only doing, like, 10% of the "world" stuff, and getting the Platinum requires only like 65% of it.

If you intend on rushing through the story, Normal is good. A good amount of side content, Hard. Anywhere near 50% or more, do Nightmare.

Ignore the requisition table, you'll find power easy enough and it wastes mats.

Don't obsess over sidequests, very rarely do they actually have dialog or actual story content. I recommend doing the main story missions when you're in middle of the level range.

Ignore the requisition table, you'll find power easy enough and it wastes mats.

Don't obsess over sidequests, very rarely do they actually have dialog or actual story content. I recommend doing the main story missions when you're in middle of the level range.

Do the companion side quests at least, though. They have good story and character development bits. Solas' is really good for his VA alone, I think.

Wondering this too. Trying to see if the Romance system is broken like in DA:O where you can date two people at the same time and totally mess up the ending.
I flirted with both Cassandra and Josephine for the first bit of the game. I turned Cassandra down recently. But I (Josephine romance spoilers)
danced with Josephine at the Ball, spoke with Lelianna about my intentions, made out with Josephine multiple times, did her personal quest and got her family back their status, and I engaged the family crest wartable operation last night.

Will the other part trigger after completing the family crest mission?

TheHall

Nope.

She tells you that her parents have arranged a marriage for her. You need to duel her suitor in order to win her hand.

I might have not been paying attention on that one and married her off without noticing.
Is that a possibility?

Indrew

Neo Member
I flirted with both Cassandra and Josephine for the first bit of the game. I turned Cassandra down recently. But I (Josephine romance spoilers)
danced with Josephine at the Ball, spoke with Lelianna about my intentions, made out with Josephine multiple times, did her personal quest and got her family back their status, and I engaged the family crest wartable operation last night.

Will the other part trigger after completing the family crest mission?

After the mission with the Well of Sorrows, I gave her the crest. After that, I went on a few side quests around the world. I ventured back to the war table and was interrupted by a cut-scene of Josephine telling me about the unwanted engagement. I believe I did spend some 'alone time' with her between quests... I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I hope this helps!

After the mission with the Well of Sorrows, I gave her the crest. After that, I went on a few side quests around the world. I ventured back to the war table and was interrupted by a cut-scene of Josephine telling me about the unwanted engagement. I believe I did spend some 'alone time' with her between quests... I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I hope this helps!
That is very reassuring. Once I get home I'll collect my reward for the crest mission and then I'll go dragon hunting for a bit, come back and hopefully it will trigger then.

The cheat engine table over here is pretty awesome. Particularly like being able to wear whatever I want in Skyhold.

16019177655_a97bf08a6d_o.jpg

MartyStu

So, it looks like play the game as a Pathetic People Pleaser(TM) is still possible. Solas was my last holdout, but I nailed him too.

No amount of "Solas Greatly Disapproves" will stop you from being my friend now you bigoted mfer.

foxdvd

I am so frustrated with the MP. I don't know why I keep playing, with only three maps and three enemy groups, but I do. The problem is the loot. This takes the cake as the worst loot drop rate of any loot game ever. Destiny has nothing on this. I have just prestige my archer for the 5th time and I still am using a rare bow that does 100 damage I got the first day of playing. The best staff I have received does 68 damage. The best 2 handed weapon does 110. I am not sure how many hours I have put in but this is beyond frustrating. Even vanilla Diablo 3 had better character progression even when you did not use the auction house (which did not require real money at first)

I also don't know how they are making money on this. They can't be compared to the similar Mass Effect 3 mp. With Mass when you opened a chest you sort of felt you were getting something. Even if you got an item you already had it leveled up that item for you. You always felt progression. You can open 15 chest in a row in Dragon and get nothing. When you save up enough gold to open 5 large chest and the best item you get is a 10 damage fire rune, you just want to pull your hair out.

And yet, I still have a blast playing it.

Trickster

Just got the game, wondering if there's a way to make the hud togglable via a keybind or something? Really want an easy way to remove hud easily during gameplay since I'm probably gonna be pressing the screenshot button alot

Edit - Found solution

I haven't actually been able to get into the multiplayer yet. The first time I tried yesterday it took forever to load and when it did my character was frozen in place and the other three were gliding around. Second time it crashed to OS. After that I just threw my hands up and went back to SP.

PS4 by the way.

What do you guys think of this Artificer deal?
I mostly have Varric with Double Daggers + Subterfuge with a little poison for his weapons. What should I focus on next?

KePoW

Banned
Just got the game, wondering if there's a way to make the hud togglable via a keybind or something? Really want an easy way to remove hud easily during gameplay since I'm probably gonna be pressing the screenshot button alot

Edit - Found solution

What's the solution??

Top Bottom