• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Veilguard has gone GOLD

STARSBarry

Gold Member
9h5v0fS.png

BHGI6JI.jpeg

Tbf, he enjoyed starfield writing so everything is possible.
Where did I said I “enjoyed” Starfield writing??

I praise Bethesda for giving a way out. I don’t find it interesting, I simply say yes then move on, without having to listen to the yapping.

This means they don’t consider their writing to be essential. I think this is good design, unlike, say Witcher 3 where I had to listen to every last detail.

Hopefully its clear.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Where did I said I “enjoyed” Starfield writing??

I praise Bethesda for giving a way out. I don’t find it interesting, I simply say yes then move on, without having to listen to the yapping.

This means they don’t consider their writing to be essential. I think this is good design, unlike, say Witcher 3 where I had to listen to every last detail.

Hopefully its clear.
Dialogue being non-essential in an rpg is kinda of a strange praise but ok.

I think you can also just kill monsters without needing much info in the witcher game, you are not really forced to hear the yapping, you can just ignore dialogues and follow the witcher sense.

But usually people like to listen to w3 dialogues because they are not dull af like in starfield, the dialogues in w3 are the final rewards, definitely more than the gameplay itself.

Last edited:

dmaul1114

Ill give it an honest look after its out in the wilds.

Its my first DA that I'm not day one on. Sorry Bioware, you are shadows of your former self and have not earned day 1 purchases from me.

Same. I imagine I’ll play it as I liked the first 3 games to varying degrees, even liked bits of Mass Effect Andromeda (character loyalty quests mainly) and I’m a sucker for game with dialogue choices etc. Also cautiously optimistic about them abandoning the open world design as the bloat there was the main downside of Inquisition for me as I liked everything else.

But still need to see reviews and impressions of story and gameplay before I think about buying at full price. Earliest I’d buy would be November 7th when I get my PS5 Pro since it has a Pro mode, so that’s a week to wait on impressions etc. If it has bugs etc., I can wait longer as I have other games I’ve been holding off on start while waiting for the Pro.

Dialogue being non-essential in an rpg is kinda of a strange praise but ok.

I think you can also just kill monsters without needing much info in the witcher game, you are not really forced to hear the yapping, you can just ignore dialogues and follow the witcher sense.

But usually people listen tocw3 dialogues because they are not dull af like in starfield.
I played Witcher 3 recently.

There is no exit option in any dialogue. Only a way to move forward. And once you have exhausted all dialogue, it gives an option for final line and exit.

Its writing is good but I got tired of it in a while. Game just assumes I am interested in it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I played Witcher 3 recently.

There is no exit option in any dialogue. Only a way to move forward. And once you have exhausted all dialogue, it gives an option for final line and exit.

Its writing is good but I got tired of it in a while. Game just assumes I am interested in it.
Pressing a button to go forward is what i meant, you can reduce a 2 min chat into a 5 sec chat, that's enough for me.

Fast forward to three months from now.

Game tanks. Management blames incels/chuds/all men in general. Lay offs begin. "How dare you grave dance! People are losing their jobs!"

Best I can hope from this game is that it results in Mass Effect 5 development getting rebooted in such a way that the leads decide that the "modern audience" is not worth pursuing.

Top Bottom