• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This scene through to when Hit just starts teeing off on him were great.

DB is really at its best when someone with a stupidly good technique gets wrecked by smarts. Dragon Ball's tournaments featured a lot of outsmarting and it was really what made the fights interesting.

Compare that to the generic "modern" Dragon Ball fight where usually it's all down to power level bullshit. (Black's power level keeps rising!! Now he's merged with Zamasu and is immortal and even more powerful!! Now Goku and Vegeta Potara fuse and they're even more powerful!!)

why didn't Krillin explode last episode
DIbYvVrXkAQ2tdn.jpg:large

Seriously every thing that has anything resembling SSJ4 with tail growing back sounds instantly like fake as fuck youtube fan fiction.

I'm still waiting for Frieza to do something and justify his existence.

He's here so he can be in future arcs after somehow getting wished back to life into the extended universe that hopefully exists after the arc's done.

Next arc, Freeza rebuilding his empire in the new universe, there's magical girls, robots, power ranger justice hero people, U6 saiyans, a bunch of GoDs and endless absolute nonsense for the writers to screw around with for years to come. Fans get their massive Dragon Ball universe, writers get cool stories, Jump can sell all the goddamn merch it wants.

To be frank those 3 Frieza recruitment episodes will be hard to top, they were perfect. Goku was perfect during them and so was Frieza.

Yep, still more entertaining than anything Gohan has done so far.

They're clearly saving him for the actual main event instead of wasting him on mooks.

Vegeta shines the most when he is occupied with his family and not so blinded with beating KAKAROTTOO, so I hope he stays at a distant 3rd from now on.

1. Goku

2. Gohan

3. Vegeta

That's how it should be.

Hell no. Make Gohan Gokus rival is the most boring thing ever.
Also, gohan is more like 4th right now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hell no. Make Gohan Gokus rival is the most boring thing ever.
Also, gohan is more like 4th right now.

I think he meant in terms of relevancy, not rival status. Vegeta's taken a backseat this arc while Gohan's been more or less put into his slot as a lead character alongside Goku.

PK Gaming

DB is really at its best when someone with a stupidly good technique gets wrecked by smarts. Dragon Ball's tournaments featured a lot of outsmarting and it was really what made the fights interesting.

Compare that to the generic "modern" Dragon Ball fight where usually it's all down to power level bullshit. (Black's power level keeps rising!! Now he's merged with Zamasu and is immortal and even more powerful!! Now Goku and Vegeta Potara fuse and they're even more powerful!!)

Up to the Cell saga, DB had a decent amount of strategy in fights. Granted, a lot of it was "wait until a stronger person bails them out", but goddamn was it tense and exciting.

Big One

Banned
Does he even know that? I think among ningens only Goku knows the secret.
Apparently Freeza knew about Majin Boo, Beerus, Super Saiyan God, other Universes this entire time so I don't see why not. Now that he's actually in the vicinity of Kaioshin...anything could happen there.

J-Rod

Gohan had a lot more screen time pre-tourney, but now that it has started, vegeta has had equal or more time. Even back then when vegeta had taken a "backseat" he was in virtually every episode, even in the gohan centered episode. I am biased, but I just don't see gohan taking the #2 character spot long term. I do expect him to be co-star for this arc similar to how future trunks was in the black arc and to at least be the MVP/wish maker of the tourney.

Concerning the rumors
even as a veg fan I hope it is not true. Plz no ssj4 gt trash. Broly 2.0 is bad enough.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Apparently Freeza knew about Majin Boo, Beerus, Super Saiyan God, other Universes this entire time so I don't see why not. Now that he's actually in the vicinity of Kaioshin...anything could happen there.
If he does that I'm expecting a second time reversal and a Hakai :p

I'm totally down for a Frieza backstabbing u-turn though.

Big One

Banned
I actually think Freeza's goal will be to get back at Goku in some capacity above all else. Couldn't you imagine Jiren and Goku going at it, but all of a sudden Freeza intervenes and eliminates both unexpectedly? That way he can justify it by saying he took out Jiren even though Jiren took Goku with him, lol. That could be one of the unexpected twists this arc has to offer, while also making some sense as Freeza obviously wouldn't want his universe erased.

Freeza had met Beerus before. They were bffs but, Freezas selfish nature ruined the relation.

RocknRola

Was finally able to watch the last 2 episodes (from the past 2 weeks) and I can finally post in this thread, safely once more hehe :p

So, God is a regular form,with (as per usual) no real explanation as to why but boy did it look damn cool.

Also, Roshi with the OG moves being a super boss!

All in all fairly decent couple of episodes, still it's such a shame that the battles themselves don't seem to "want" to get more serious, or rather "tense" if that makes sense. Lenght (of each battle) plays quite the part in that, I feel.

Over these past 2 weeks I had limited web access so I ended up watching Kai up until the moment Freeza goes boom on planet Namek. And man, the way tension works in most of those figths is just miles better than this current arc. Nappa, Zarbon, the Ginyu force and of course the main "dishes" of both sagas (up until that point), Vegeta and Freeza had tension like crazy.

DBS needs to not be afraid of having fights last more than 1 single episode during this tournament, even if it's not the top tier fighters involved. Hope that changes soon, as more and more people get eliminated and they have less of a need to make things go by in such a hurry.

I want much longer versions of that Goku + Hit type of battles.

Blader

So, God is a regular form,with (as per usual) no real explanation as to why but boy did it look damn cool.

Whis did explain it though? He's using regular God form to give himself a strength/speed boost without pushing it too far to the point of draining stamina, as in the case of Blue.

RocknRola

Whis did explain it though? He's using regular God form to give himself a strength/speed boost without pushing it too far to the point of draining stamina, as in the case of Blue.

Explain it as to how he can use it without the ceremony/ritual and all that. Why he used it makes enough sense, the "why/how" he can use it, not so much. It's just implied it becomes another regular form I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom