• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

Poor Tenshinhan. Didn't get a title about him
I guess there's the previous OT one...

Go preorder this and feel better:
DBZ-SH-Figuarts-Tien-Shinhan-with-Chiaotzu-001.jpg

He's a scrub. A SCRUB.

Baleoce

Zamasu was a little bitch. He was a temperamental underling who found himself in a position of power and took advantage of it. He lost in a skirmish against a mortal.. He then had to wish for immortality just to ensure that mortals wouldn't be able to kill him, and then had to fuse with himself in order to gain any kind of leverage in power against those same mortals which managed to exceed his own limits. Consider him against any GoD. It's embarassing. Super actually wasted an arc on that. (I may or may not be drunk)

Supast4r

Zamasu was a little bitch. He was a temperamental underling who found himself in a position of power and took advantage of it. He lost in a skirmish against a mortal.. He then had to wish for immortality just to ensure that mortals wouldn't be able to kill him, and then had to fuse with himself in order to gain any kind of leverage in power against those same mortals which managed to exceed his own limits. Consider him against any GoD. It's embarassing. Super actually wasted an arc on that. (I may or may not be drunk)
He's a bitch for being smart and realizing that he needed immortality and the strongest fighter that he has ever met to achieve his goals? He was probably the smartest villain that dbz has ever had in terms of planning. He even wiped out the dragon balls so no one could match him. That's smart as hell. Plus I liked his downfall. His downfall was sayain pride that he gained from Goku's body. I really liked zamasu. Best villian since og freeza imho

CazTGG

Zamasu has been observing Goku and tries to emulate Goku to get stronger. Ginyu just jumped in the strongest guy he sees while Zamasu planned it

He's also likely a better martial artists

That doesn't mean Zamasu should have been able to pull off the Kaioken any more than Vegeta, Frieza or anyone else Goku's used the technique against.

As an aside, why has King Kai never taught anyone else that technique or the Spirit Bomb?

He's a bitch for being smart and realizing that he needed immortality and the strongest fighter that he has ever met to achieve his goals? He was probably the smartest villain that dbz has ever had in terms of planning. He even wiped out the dragon balls so no one could match him. That's smart as hell. Plus I liked his downfall. His downfall was sayain pride that he gained from Goku's body. I really liked zamasu. Best villian since og freeza imho

And yet he wasn't smart enough to realize that both Zamasus (Zamatwo?) should have been immortal or that it might be a good idea to have a set, be they Namek, Earth or Super, to fix any potential problems that arise.

Skeeter49

That doesn't mean Zamasu should have been able to pull off the Kaioken any more than Vegeta, Frieza or anyone else Goku's used the technique against.

As an aside, why has King Kai never taught anyone else that technique or the Spirit Bomb?
Because some asshole won't wish him back to life.

We're talking about the Zamasu in Goku's body. He should be able to use Kaioken. He knows IT and Kamehameha. It might just have been it would take him awhile to learn it, or Rose is too chaotic to control Kaioken so really what's the point?

And yet he wasn't smart enough to realize that both Zamasus (Zamatwo?) should have been immortal or that it might be a good idea to have a set, be they Namek, Earth or Super, to fix any potential problems that arise.

Yamcha had the Spirit Ball.

Supast4r

No im pretty sure they just randomly gave trunks SSGSS and a crazy genki dama sword thing
You could make this argument every time goku won via spirit bomb. His sword transforming was basically a spirit sword. Think of how buu/cell were defeated. Both were in a similar situstion.

Supast4r

He let his pride get in the way. How many times has Goku done something completely stupid that makes no sense because of his pride? Or Vegeta? Or Gohan? Or Gotanks? It's a Sayian thing that happens while fighting. They don't think straight

Skeeter49

I think episode 66 might have been the most confusing moment for me when going on DB Gaf.

I remember thinking that was an amazing episode, ending with Trunks getting the kill in a badass way, and when I came on Gaf everyone was bitching about it.

I get why it was bullshit, but I prefer that over Goku getting the win.

The amount of people that actually pay attention to episode dates is staggering. 1 or 2 is understandable but this topic must've had at least 10 people ask the same question.

Should change the topic title temporarily.

Also I'm guessing these History of Japan shorts are not going to be officially subbed?

I think episode 66 might have been the most confusing moment for me when going on DB Gaf.

I remember thinking that was an amazing episode, ending with Trunks getting the kill in a badass way, and when I came on Gaf everyone was bitching about it.

Zeno got the win at the end of the day.

Kinda funny now that I think about the manga ending. Vegeta basically took Trunks's role there with his Gamma Burst Flash.

Edit: Also how you felt about the reaction to that episode is how I felt about episode 104.

Some shots from the Nobunaga section of the history of Japan thingy (Vegeta is Nobunaga).
I would actually love a Super special with an original story that used these designs. Shame that we'll probably never see these again, not even in games.

Kyzer

Banned
You could make this argument every time goku won via spirit bomb. His sword transforming was basically a spirit sword. Think of how buu/cell were defeated. Both were in a similar situstion.
No, not the same. Maybeeee Buu, which would also be why its often criticized and rightly so, but even then theres precedence. Trunks had no business attaining SSB. He also had no business pulling a universal genki dama out of his ass.

Indeed. Way better than Goku pulling Haikai out of his ass.

I was with you until that last sentence.

Same here. Loved the Vegeto moment as some beautiful fanservice, and Trunks' finishing move was awesome, but seemed like everyone was upset that he just did it out of nowhere.

I have no idea. Seems like an easy way to make losers like Tien slightly more relevant.

Speaking about the Future Trunks arc, they should have put in a few lines that established that Supreme Kai introduced King Kai to Trunks. Then Trunks could have Kaioken, explaining some of the inconsistencies in his power relative to everyone else, and the Spirit Sword wouldn't have come out of nowhere. Like maybe King Kai taught him the basic concept, but he could never get it right until he focused it into his sword at the end of the arc.

NeonZ

Vegeta!Nobunaga kind of looks like a Toriyama-style Nobunaga suffering from same face syndrome, due to the different top for his hair and the facial hair. Everyone else just looked like they were cosplaying though.

I have no idea. Seems like an easy way to make losers like Tien slightly more relevant.

Speaking about the Future Trunks arc, they should have put in a few lines that established that Supreme Kai introduced King Kai to Trunks. Then Trunks could have Kaioken, explaining some of the inconsistencies in his power relative to everyone else, and the Spirit Sword wouldn't have come out of nowhere. Like maybe King Kai taught him the basic concept, but he could never get it right until he focused it into his sword at the end of the arc.

You can't use Super Saiyan with Kaioken.

HeroR

The only moment from that arc in the manga that I'll say was straight bs.

Still lowkey hype tho.

I would say Trunks knowing to heal is up there since since I am almost certain Toyo made that up fairly recently. He 'healed' Mai, when Mai remained unconscious in rubble for over a day.

Vegeta!Nobunaga kind of looks like a Toriyama-style Nobunaga suffering from same face syndrome, due to the different top for his hair and the facial hair. Everyone else just looked like they were cosplaying though.

I think that was the point.

Episode 22

The scene with Gohan and Ginyu is kinda weird. Gohan transforms into SSJ, takes him down and is all like "This battle is over!", but then when Freezer starts torturing him, Ginyu is perfectly fine. I guess the purpose was for Freezer to get triggered at a Saiyan having mercy over his opponent, but I dunno, could have been handled better imo.

And then Ginyu stops the rest of the Z Fighters from intervening, but Piccolo is still able to jump in and sacrifice himself at the last minute.

edit: why did they tell Goten and Trunks to go but not Bulma

I would say Trunks knowing to heal is up there since since I am almost certain Toyo made that up fairly recently. He 'healed' Mai, when Mai remained unconscious in rubble for over a day.

I did too before someone reminded me of Kibito (or whichever one) healing Gohan in the Buu saga.

I think the widows peak is a dead give away that it's Vegeta.

Ogodei

Do you think Vegeta qualifies for the evil containment wave at this point?

Yeah, he went to hell back in the Buu saga, but i'm not sure he's at that point anymore.

But Kibito is from the same race as the Supreme Kai. So he isn't like Trunks, at all.

He didn't completely make it up is what I'm saying. He took advantage of some details in the original manga along with how certain aspects of the Kais being retconned/changed/ignored in Super, and filled in some of his own stuff in the blanks. I can see what he's going for anyway as opposed to just being a completely out of nowhere asspull.

He didn't completely make it up is what I'm saying. He took advantage of some details in the original manga along with how certain aspects of the Kais being retconned/changed/ignored in Super, and filled in some of his own stuff in the blanks. I can see what he's going for anyway as opposed to just being a completely out of nowhere asspull.

While I agree with you, the fact that Shin never told Trunks that he had healing powers is fucking dumb. What's worse is that the ritual lasted an entire day and Trunks never asked what benefit an apprentice Kaioshin will have.

HeroR

He did since Kibito, as far as we know, never have to go through ha ritual and it was never said or ever implied you have to be an assistance Supreme Kai to get healing power. Especially since Kibito is the same race as Shin. The only only thing retconned/changed/ignored in Super about the Supreme Kais is the number.

So Toyo literally made that up and really mades no sense when you think about it.

While I agree with you, the fact that Shin never told Trunks that he had healing powers is fucking dumb. What's worse is that the ritual lasted an entire day and Trunks never asked what benefit an apprentice Kaioshin will have.

It is pretty dumb. But I at least like that Trunks got to do something in the manga arc.

He did since Kibito, as far as we know, never have to go through ha ritual and it was never said or ever implied you have to be an assistance Supreme Kai to get healing power. Especially since Kibito is the same race as Shin. The only only thing retconned/changed/ignored in Super about the Supreme Kais is the number.

So Toyo literally made that up and really mades no sense when you think about it.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of these points, but I think you're missing my point.

HeroR

It is pretty dumb. But I at least like that Trunks got to do something in the manga arc.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of these points, but I think you're missing my point.

I believe your overall point is that you're okay with Trunks healing since someone in the original manga could do it, given it some creditability. Even if it is paper thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom